[OOC] Communications

First and foremost: I made myself a new Avatar. :D The fact my old one wasn't square, thus the border wasn't even, bothered the literal Hell out of me. I simply wanted to announce this behemoth of a change.

Secondly, where the Hell is everyone?

Just finished Day 2 of 4 for my all week onsite. Ooof. That said, no movement in Bludhaven? Did I kill momentum with my work schedule or did I set things up poorly? :(

I've been juggling school, family and killing myself to run a tabletop game, so any spare time I have I usually forget to check the thread ;-;

I am still waiting on somebody else to reply to Waller. But I guess I shall try to get a reply up around the weekend.

(Why is it, that Waller' explanations leave one scratching their head - on what he wants to hear, without the danger of him tirading the opposition of what a dumb mook you are - for not realizing his question underneath the 10th level mindfuckery?)

Probably because it's not tenth level mindfuckery. All Waller wanted was for them to state why they personally joined the League.

Probably because it's not tenth level mindfuckery. All Waller wanted was for them to state why they personally joined the League.

Hmm. Last time Kary said her beliefs that - he replied, how he doesn't give a crap and doesn't about her emotional baggage. So it's kinda counter-intuitive, if you ask me.

Not just to me, but to each other. Why are you agents? Why are you here - in the League? Quite frankly, I don't care how you feel. You all need to remember why you're here,

It's not counter-intuitive at all. He explained it. You just didn't read the post thoroughly.

It's not counter-intuitive at all. He explained it. You just didn't read the post thoroughly.

I read the post - but I am confused about WHAT Waller wants to hear. He on one-hand says he doesn't care about their emotions - and on the other wants their reasons for being in the League.

So how can one - whom joined out of a desire to help /emotion/ - be able to explain it to the guy?

He gave you instructions. You're overthinking it.

"Why are you agents? Why are you here - in the League? Quite frankly, I don't care how you feel. You all need to remember why you're here"

---

I will be honest here Paul. Waller is kinda like that General whom talks about dying honorably in combat - while explaining it via poetry about butterflies; that maybe one guy out of ten would understand.

Sorry, if that is the case. But I feel - that he is like that. Impossible to understand. As from my earlier interactions - that has colored me such. Since he hasn't openly stated how he wants his agents to speak with him.

Maybe I am overthinking - but that is due to my earlier interactions with Waller.

---

I am kinda okay with having Waller be the guy whose unknown - it adds to his mystery and indimitating aura.

(But for the moment - for me, it's VERY difficult to understand, what he wants. Sorry, if that is the case - but that just how it is for me)

Alright, I'm going to break this up into two parts.

Part One: "Why are you agents? Why are you here - in the League?

He is asking why each person is in the League. What is their motivation? More importantly, why is ANYONE part of the League? He is being specific here when he adds on 'Why are you here - in the League". This could be the CIA. DEA. Whatever. But, it's not. They're not FBI Agents. They're not working directly for the government. They're working for the United League of Justice--a unique body of heroes. He is asking them why they individually chose to be part of THE League. It's a simple question. I do not honestly think I have to go into this much detail for it, but I can. I can dissect it to get deeper meaning from it, but to be honest, there is NO deeper meaning to the question.

His goal here was for each member to tell the others why they joined the League. Because right now, they're probably pissed at him for dissolving team Arrow. In fact, almost every previous post in the last cycle was about precisely that--how they wanted their team back or they would miss their friends. He is reminding them of the bigger picture.

Part Two: Quite frankly, I don't care how you feel. You all need to remember why you're here"

This sentence exists for one reason and one reason alone. He does not care how they feel right now. He is boldly telling all of them he doesn't care. He is telling them that they need to remember why they are Agents in the first place, like I said previously. He is trying to wrap their minds around the bigger picture. They're upset now due to the loss of their team and he is trying to move them passed that.

---

It's not nearly as complex as you're making it out to be. The issue is that you seem to think that their answers MATTER to him. They don't. They don't matter in the fucking slightest to Waller right now. The people they matter to are a) themselves and b) their teammates. Why? Because right now, their biggest enemy is their own pride and their own desire to salvage Team Arrow/their friendships. He is making them reiterate why they are part of the League not because he needs to hear the answer, but because EACH ONE OF THEM needs to hear the answer. Furthermore, each one of them will benefit from hearing the precise motivations of the others.

This is a whole lot of explanation for a really, really simple set of instructions. Honestly? Kary completely failed at it. She answered why she was in his office for disciplinary reasons, sure. She explained the functions of the League, yep. She explained why each one of them were technically there and why they were being put in the Titan Initiative. What she failed to do is tell anyone why SHE WAS AN AGENT TO BEGIN WITH... and that's what Waller asked.

"Why are you agents? Why are you here - in the League?"

His question is plain, clear and concise. You over-complicated it.

Alright, I'm going to break this up into two parts.

Part One: "Why are you agents? Why are you here - in the League?

He is asking why each person is in the League. What is their motivation? More importantly, why is ANYONE part of the League? He is being specific here when he adds on 'Why are you here - in the League". This could be the CIA. DEA. Whatever. But, it's not. They're not FBI Agents. They're not working directly for the government. They're working for the United League of Justice--a unique body of heroes. He is asking them why they individually chose to be part of THE League. It's a simple question. I do not honestly think I have to go into this much detail for it, but I can. I can dissect it to get deeper meaning from it, but to be honest, there is NO deeper meaning to the question.

His goal here was for each member to tell the others why they joined the League. Because right now, they're probably pissed at him for dissolving team Arrow. In fact, almost every previous post in the last cycle was about precisely that--how they wanted their team back or they would miss their friends. He is reminding them of the bigger picture.

Part Two: Quite frankly, I don't care how you feel. You all need to remember why you're here"

This sentence exists for one reason and one reason alone. He does not care how they feel right now. He is boldly telling all of them he doesn't care. He is telling them that they need to remember why they are Agents in the first place, like I said previously. He is trying to wrap their minds around the bigger picture. They're upset now due to the loss of their team and he is trying to move them passed that.

---

It's not nearly as complex as you're making it out to be. The issue is that you seem to think that their answers MATTER to him. They don't. They don't matter in the fucking slightest to Waller right now. The people they matter to are a) themselves and b) their teammates. Why? Because right now, their biggest enemy is their own pride and their own desire to salvage Team Arrow/their friendships. He is making them reiterate why they are part of the League not because he needs to hear the answer, but because EACH ONE OF THEM needs to hear the answer. Furthermore, each one of them will benefit from hearing the precise motivations of the others.

This is a whole lot of explanation for a really, really simple set of instructions. Honestly? Kary completely failed at it. She answered why she was in his office for disciplinary reasons, sure. She explained the functions of the League, yep. She explained why each one of them were technically there and why they were being put in the Titan Initiative. What she failed to do is tell anyone why SHE WAS AN AGENT TO BEGIN WITH... and that's what Waller asked.

"Why are you agents? Why are you here - in the League?"

His question is plain, clear and concise. You over-complicated it.

Because, in previous posts when I was direct and honest - he tore her apart and said it wasn't good enough or false.

How am I supposed to react then? Likely from what I learned before and he has said.

NOT answer the same way, that has seen to get him angry. As I recall that is a human reaction.

You can't flip a person - whom was honest initially and get torn apart for it - answer the same way again, when it was the REASON she got yelled in the first place.

(Fine, I'll go edited her post)

You can't flip a person - whom was honest initially and get torn apart for it - answer the same way again, when it was the REASON she got yelled in the first place.

I don't care what Kary posts. If she's confused, that's fine. My response wasn't for her, it was for you.

I'm going to make this plain and simple. You're not the one reacting. Karoline is the one reacting. And, quite frankly, I don't care how she reacts as long as it is genuine to her character.

But, this isn't about the character Karoline Hope. This is you and I; I'm providing an explanation.

When Waller was asking her questions before, she was held to HIS standard. She was being measured by HIS expectations. Right this second? He has lowered them. He lowered them like he lowered her rank and her position in the League. He lowered them just like he took her and the rest of Team Arrow off a REAL team to put them in a TRAINING FACILITY. Quite frankly, the reason he isn't going to tear into ANY of them for their response is because whatever they say isn't for him - it doesn't have to meet his standards anymore; it has to meet their own standards and those of their peers.

The entire reason Team Arrow--in the IC--was dissolved was because they failed his judgement. Their evaluation was so poor he deemed them a danger not just to themselves, but those they would try to protect. The only judgement they have to worry about is their own self-scrutiny and their teammates.

Oh, and Agent Love.

I don't care what Kary posts. If she's confused, that's fine. My response wasn't for her, it was for you.

I'm going to make this plain and simple. You're not the one reacting. Karoline is the one reacting. And, quite frankly, I don't care how she reacts as long as it is genuine to her character.

But, this isn't about the character Karoline Hope. This is you and I; I'm providing an explanation.

When Waller was asking her questions before, she was held to HIS standard. She was being measured by HIS expectations. Right this second? He has lowered them. He lowered them like he lowered her rank and her position in the League. He lowered them just like he took her and the rest of Team Arrow off a REAL team to put them in a TRAINING FACILITY. Quite frankly, the reason he isn't going to tear into ANY of them for their response is because whatever they say isn't for him - it doesn't have to meet his standards anymore; it has to meet their own standards and those of their peers.

The entire reason Team Arrow--in the IC--was dissolved was because they failed his judgement. Their evaluation was so poor he deemed them a danger not just to themselves, but those they would try to protect. The only judgement they have to worry about is their own self-scrutiny and their teammates.

Oh, and Agent Love.

The sooner we leave the Watchtower and Waller the better.

I edited my post, awaiting replies.

Sorry dude. Shoulda actually posted last night but I got distracted. I'll get on that right now

I had guessed you were still somewhat busy with Soul Eater, tbh. But, you got it goin' strong, dude. Less to worry about with the ball rolling. You also have more time on San Fran since uh... the Watchtower crew is going slow. lol

Their isn't much for drake to do as Marcel and freddy are having their discussion. I'll put up what I can.

I mean, it's fine if you want to skip a post cycle. lol Just PM me or something. I assumed he would want to react to Freddy calling him how. But yeah, if you ever feel like it would just be a waste/fluff, go ahead and shoot me a PM. It's not a huge deal as of now and it'll save us all time.

In like fashion: sitanomoto sitanomoto ShadowBroker ShadowBroker @Hell-Jumper It's been most of a month since I've had a new post in Bludhaven. If I'm not setting you guys up properly, or there's something I can do differently, hit me up with a PM. If you're all just super-busy...well, drop me a note so I'm not worrying with no data over here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back