[OOC] Communications

Yes i'd like Will put on archive. Although I will be scarce this week. All my sheep are bred to lamb this week so it's all hands on deck for me. 32 pregnant ewes, hopefully 32 flawless deliveries.

While it may not appear that I've done much today, I have. I've been reviewing the roleplay to look at potential problems and previous problems so that I can look for early solutions. For the most part, there are only a handful of things I can actually see as issues. One of the big ones is actually one I want to bring up in an open discussion with everyone.

This continuity has went through various characters (some I've never even known of) and 'roles', ie son of Superman, descendant of the Allen line, I could go on. Neither of them matter at the moment (since this is Beta), but it begins to become quite extensive considering the core theme of this roleplay has always been a futuristic setting playing the descendants of canon characters. I propose a 'pruning' of sorts... an official cleansing of the Earth 429 canon of anything in its past I don't presently have a character sheet for.

It's been a limitation on me, but also others as well. Anyone ever trying to make a character knows this completely, but more so, anyone trying to plot for the roleplay is aware of it. At the same time, this could potentially cut out some of the older flair of the roleplay--not that I haven't been consistently remodeling it.

I want your guys' input on it. If it seems reasonable, I could look around and try to contact former players to see if they would like to archive their characters solely to be inactive parts of the continuity. We do have players like Demonhunter Demonhunter and NecroKnight NecroKnight that played previously important characters, such as Will Prince and Lexi Luthor respective--both characters ultimately leaving an impact on the roleplay. For those players, I would gladly allow a significant grace period to have their legacy characters archived. I recall a handful of players that chose not to rejoin the roleplay due to the low-to-no power theme; all of whom I could likely contact again.

My goal isn't to dissolve previous roleplay lore (even though I know little of it), but it is to continue my efforts to make it into something more usable and have something established to use. Overall, I want to strengthen the resources I have and I provide roleplay staff to continue to improve quality of the roleplay.

I am slightly confused on what you mean by archiving them?

Well, as of now, I'm just presenting the idea to the RP. It's not yet confirmed or high on the priority list.

It would be cool, if could make short cameo with some Legacy characters. Or get a moment glimpse at their perspective of the world.

=3

I mean, that's totally feasible.

Thrall, for example, would fall into this catetory and I have used him.

What matters most is making their appearance accurate and relevant.

I love the idea. I'm just reiterating though that if I drop off the planet on Friday don't be surprised. Like seriously. I have an airmatress in my barn right infront of my lambing pens. Chances I'll be able to stop down and post anything is really really low.

Alright! Quick update:

- The Regal Rper will be taking a mayor position while Anno is stepping down. The new city will be San Francisco. The transition has been discussed and we will begin... an all female team in Titan Tower!

- I updated the Character Roster to fix it. You now have a code to copy. It's bland, but it'll work. If you want a more frivolous one, pitch me some ideas.

- I am not yet getting to the Guide because that will be a more intricate project for another time.

- The main OOC has been updated to reflect the new staff.

sitanomoto sitanomoto D3lmoniko D3lmoniko NecroKnight NecroKnight The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Rui Rui Loony_Bin Loony_Bin ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Crono Crono Demonhunter Demonhunter AceofRoses AceofRoses Archon Archon Sopranos Sopranos @Hell-Jumper ChazGhost ChazGhost Epiphany Epiphany

Edit: If you want a character legacy'd in, go ahead and make a sheet for them.

Last edited:
To anyone wondering where I am, I'm extremely swamped. Four day work week, so I'll have Friday off. This unfortunately means they want five days worth of work done in those four.

In like fashion, I have an all-week onsite next week and this week has tanked me getting ready for it. I'll try to get something moving for Bludhaven this week. It may end up being Sunday or Monday before I have time, though. Appreciate your patience!

On a side note, while I'm active, is there any type of coding or formatting you guys like that I might be able to adapt?

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, as promised, I've updated the front page of Gotham and the Watchtower to fit the new Los Angeles outline, given said outline to Regal to work on for San Fran (I'll work on Star City/Bludhaven adaptions when I can actually edit them. #nomod). I've also updated the entire A Guide To the League found in the OOC; I'd check it out. And, of course, posted in all of my active threads.

Your GM doth delivereth.

sitanomoto sitanomoto D3lmoniko D3lmoniko NecroKnight NecroKnight The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Rui Rui Loony_Bin Loony_Bin ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Crono Crono Demonhunter Demonhunter AceofRoses AceofRoses Archon Archon Sopranos Sopranos @Hell-Jumper ChazGhost ChazGhost Epiphany Epiphany

Waller and Lexi?

You could almost call them rivals, but Waller is significantly her senior and superior. I would say there is a fair amount of animosity between them, but they both want the better of the world. Waller, based on her previous actions, views her as an egotistical liability, but on a much larger scale than someone like Kary. Think of it as... Captain America (Waller) vs Ironman (Lexi) in the last movie (not the comics, definitely the movie).

bring in Trixie.

As an actual character? There isn't much room for her presently plus I'm vehemently against the Speed Force in Beta Protocol. The only character with it is Asura, a high-tier villain. Even if the Speed Force is diluted (which it is), it's Gamma-level at minimum.

You could almost call them rivals, but Waller is significantly her senior and superior. I would say there is a fair amount of animosity between them, but they both want the better of the world. Waller, based on her previous actions, views her as an egotistical liability, but on a much larger scale than someone like Kary. Think of it as... Captain America (Waller) vs Ironman (Lexi) in the last movie (not the comics, definitely the movie).

As an actual character? There isn't much room for her presently plus I'm vehemently against the Speed Force in Beta Protocol. The only character with it is Asura, a high-tier villain. Even if the Speed Force is diluted (which it is), it's Gamma-level at minimum.
Ah, I see. Glad I asked you first then!

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

One more question. Is Waller a control-freak like Batman? In a sense, needing and requiring every bit of weakness on his enemies and allies available?

Since the Legacy Lexi, has in a sense - retired from the superhero business and has an almost cynical look the the UJL - believing it will fail like the previous ones.

One more question. Is Waller a control-freak like Batman?

I'll answer this in the best way I can. No one can be a control-freak like Batman. Having a plan for everything was his 'thing'; one of his defining traits. While Waller may have similarities, that is not part of his identity nor is he comparable to Bruce Wayne.

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, as promised, I've updated the front page of Gotham and the Watchtower to fit the new Los Angeles outline, given said outline to Regal to work on for San Fran (I'll work on Star City/Bludhaven adaptions when I can actually edit them. #nomod). I've also updated the entire A Guide To the League found in the OOC; I'd check it out. And, of course, posted in all of my active threads.

Your GM doth delivereth.

GOD BLESS THE FAIR GM, ALL PRAISE HIS MIGHTINESS!

Had a minute to update Bludhaven. Ooof. Depending on post responses, I may have time to reply tomorrow evening but I'm flying all day Sunday and Monday-Thursday is going to be crazy busy for me (the joys of hosting a workflow modeling onsite with 30+ participants). I'll do what I can, though.

@Hell-Jumper I posted to move the scene with you and ShadowBroker ShadowBroker along. If you're too busy to reply, drop us a note and let us know if you want us to keep moving things along or when you might have time.

As always, feedback is welcome from those playing in Bludhaven. I want to ensure you're having a good time and what's going on is interesting to you as well as your character. Which I have no way of knowing unless you course correct me. :)

Have a great weekend, peeps!

Epiphany Epiphany Everything is alright! Everything is okay! hehe.

Having a good time, though also busy from time to time. Question! How did you do those tabs? The containers? I searched for the code with "F12" and had it investigate it but if you can, may you share that piece of code? :D

Epiphany Epiphany Everything is alright! Everything is okay! hehe.

Having a good time, though also busy from time to time. Question! How did you do those tabs? The containers? I searched for the code with "F12" and had it investigate it but if you can, may you share that piece of code? :D

The tab code is:

Code:
[tabs][tab]A[/tab][tab]B[/tab][/tabs]

More importantly, here are these:

https://www.rpnation.com/bbcode/#post-1171134

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/google-fonts-usage.154436/#post-4273583

The first is the link to the full BBCode list for RpN. It's a universal list everyone should have. The second is a much more overlooked, yet incredibly useful resource: the Google Fonts list. It has every available font (or at least most of them) that RpN can host already parsed for you in Alphabetical order ready to copy and paste.

I will eventually add things like this into the guide once I have time to edit them (I already reformatted them) and I'm more comfortable with BBC. I'll also note that if you just go to the main forum, you can find a BBCode Center beside the My Private Workshop. There, you can look at tons of examples and find people a little more knowledgeable than I. One last bit of advance: anything that is coded on this site can be quoted as well. If you quote it, you can put it in your Private Workshop, use the BBCode editor and look at any complex coding yourself to figure out just how it was done.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Uploaded the Legacy character sheet of Alexis Luthor.

Added that last part, as my own personal taste. Dunno if I captured Waller' ideas right.

(Spend three days creating a character I would never use. Wut huh)

Users who are viewing this thread