[OOC] Communications

Dude, that sucks really bad. Get better soon!

also if you don't make it I call dibs on the thread :P

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be a week before I can head back to work. It's up in the air when I'll stop feeling like death incarnate.

So, as I told you all, I've been sick a good minute. I've had some time to go through Young Justice again. Admittedly, I only watched it off and on (I'm a 90's baby, so Justice League and JLU will always be my prefs). I've found that I am absolute shit at capturing the Young Justice vibe. lol

So, as I told you all, I've been sick a good minute. I've had some time to go through Young Justice again. Admittedly, I only watched it off and on (I'm a 90's baby, so Justice League and JLU will always be my prefs). I've found that I am absolute shit at capturing the Young Justice vibe. lol

Well, the tone of this story is a lot more mature and a little more direct plot wise as in, it doesn't seem like random heroing.

Maybe season three will be closer to your vibe. 

I am terribly sorry for holding up Blüdhaven, please do not needlessly wait on me if I take more than a 18 hours to respond.

As you all know, the site update is rounding the corner. I don't expect posts, I don't expect anything really and it appears it might be up to a week before full hosted project functionality returns, soooo, consider this a freeze. I intentionally withheld my replies so that we can 'unfreeze' via my replies when the site is up. 

So, is it normal that I couldn't acess thebsite until now? Because I've been unable to connect since last Friday.

First off, the site is back! Yaaay!

Secondly, the site is different... what the Hell?

Sort'a, not really. As read in the Back to Form announcement made by the staff, Hosted Projects will likely take up to a week to gain full functionality. For example, right now I can't edit anything that's not mine... and I'm the roleplay owner. In fact, I can't even make this an announcement as per my normal because I lock the Announcements thread and don't have permission to unlock my own thread. I could probably ask, but I'm patient enough to wait.

Things look a bit different and I will likely make a handful of changes to further "optimize" roleplaying here once they're all hammered out by the staff. For now, though, the basics will remain the same: post in forum style roleplay. I'll be working on my replies and burning Anno's ass until he replies as well.

That all said, I'll allow you guys in on my gameplan. It's pretty straightforward: keep posting the best we can, make a few OOC events, get around to editing some of the now broken-posts. What I will do: provide (but not make mandatory) a uniform character sheet template for you precoded. Of course, this means I'll have to brush through the basics of BBCode. As most of you know, I'm not familiar with much of the former HTML or BBCode. I just write stuff. But, I hear BBCode is far easier than HTML and that there are plenty of tutorials on the site. Aside from that, I'll be personally updating things to make them look good again. I previously prided myself on how streamline and professional the RP looked in its simplicity. I do assure you, that will return.

Any questions, ask. I may or may not have an answer. This site change affects me all the same as it does you and this being a hosted project only furthers the changes made. However, I'm quick to figure it out and of course if YOU guys know something I don't, share it!

sitanomoto sitanomoto D3lmoniko D3lmoniko NecroKnight NecroKnight The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Rui Rui Loony_Bin Loony_Bin ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Crono Crono Demonhunter Demonhunter AceofRoses AceofRoses Archon Archon Sopranos Sopranos Romani Romani ChazGhost ChazGhost Epiphany Epiphany

Alright, aside from going out of my way with coding (which I don't intend on doing for some time), I can't do a whole lot more. Anno and Demon owe posts, ChazGhost ChazGhost I don't know if you want to reply first or not (I can do either), and I just caught up the rest of Gotham. How Epiphany runs Bludhaven is up to her...

And I still can't do much editing 'til I'm given my Moderator spot back. :D But, we are back to a moving IC and it seems you guys enjoy the OOC, so great news! All in all, we survived yet again.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Romani Romani sitanomoto sitanomoto
I'm here and at your service. I see Huge has posted from my last (wordy) reply. I'd like to give you the chance for the Question to post, Hell-Jumper, before moving that on.

Sitanomoto, we've already been in touch with each other. Things will move along shortly I imagine. :)

Welcome back, everyone else!

Alright, guys. I just got the Announcements, Guide to the League and Character Roster unlocked. As for Cities, Anno can edit Star City as its his post; Sita is the only person that can presently edit Bludhaven. That happens to not be a huge deal as of yet as my goal is to push the IC along.

However, what this does mean is I can start working on my aforementioned promises (admittedly another day), such as giving you guys a proper BBCode template if you so wish to transfer your character sheets from the previous, somewhat bland format to a new one (still optional; still deciding on how I want them laid out. Send me examples of sheets you like in particular). My vision for the Guide to the League is to make it a multi-part post using Threadmarks and an index. That might take some time and it's definitely on the backburner as, obviously, we're not in a real recruitment phase and you guys all have integrated yourselves into the RP fine. The posts will still act as guidelines, though, so if you have a question, check it before asking me. I tried to pre-answer questions. And, obviously, I have access to Announcements again! I will note that I'm going to avoid using them to tell you guys every little thing I do as obviously I'll be doing quite a bit to reformat the RP to the new site style. That said, expect a cumulative announcement on a weekly basis or so.

That all said, it's Monday evening! My goal is for every previously active player to post AT LEAST ONCE and to get ONE POST CYCLE completed by Friday evening. I don't think that's too much to ask and we can bridge into the weekend if we really need to, but goals and dates are important! This applies to all players and all cities.

While it may not appear that I've done much today, I have. I've been reviewing the roleplay to look at potential problems and previous problems so that I can look for early solutions. For the most part, there are only a handful of things I can actually see as issues. One of the big ones is actually one I want to bring up in an open discussion with everyone.

This continuity has went through various characters (some I've never even known of) and 'roles', ie son of Superman, descendant of the Allen line, I could go on. Neither of them matter at the moment (since this is Beta), but it begins to become quite extensive considering the core theme of this roleplay has always been a futuristic setting playing the descendants of canon characters. I propose a 'pruning' of sorts... an official cleansing of the Earth 429 canon of anything in its past I don't presently have a character sheet for.

It's been a limitation on me, but also others as well. Anyone ever trying to make a character knows this completely, but more so, anyone trying to plot for the roleplay is aware of it. At the same time, this could potentially cut out some of the older flair of the roleplay--not that I haven't been consistently remodeling it.

I want your guys' input on it. If it seems reasonable, I could look around and try to contact former players to see if they would like to archive their characters solely to be inactive parts of the continuity. We do have players like Demonhunter Demonhunter and NecroKnight NecroKnight that played previously important characters, such as Will Prince and Lexi Luthor respective--both characters ultimately leaving an impact on the roleplay. For those players, I would gladly allow a significant grace period to have their legacy characters archived. I recall a handful of players that chose not to rejoin the roleplay due to the low-to-no power theme; all of whom I could likely contact again.

My goal isn't to dissolve previous roleplay lore (even though I know little of it), but it is to continue my efforts to make it into something more usable and have something established to use. Overall, I want to strengthen the resources I have and I provide roleplay staff to continue to improve quality of the roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread