• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mahou Shoujo: Takara No Gen´nei / Magical Girl: Apparition´s Treasure Hunt [reboot]

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Lore:

Up until almost a decade ago, magical girls were hidden from the world. Each generation´s guardian selected a group of girls worldwide to fight , if they chose to, against the "apparitions". To do this, a magical girl would allow herself to be possessed by a magical entity for the fight´s duration. This proved to be, however, insufficient, as a particularly powerful apparition appeared and caused such massive damage to several cities, that hiding them or the magical girls was no longer viable. Furthemore, the magical girls were almost extinct in that fight.

When a new generation of magical girls was created, the requirements had become a little more loose. Furthermore, since magical girls remained the ideal way to fight against the apparitions, they received support, with technology being developed in cooperation with the latest guardian to improve the abilities of magical girls. To account for the lack of the former purity and righteous ideals, magical girls were given quotas to fulfill, but their acts made them heroes, celebrities.

A divide spawned with magical girls rising in status. The support and number of magical girls made it so over time, some (even magical girls themselves) began seeing their actions as performances. Publicity , broadcasting, even magical girl tournaments were created. But in spite of all this, magical girls retained their status in society: Apparitions kept coming and the only ones that could defend humanity from them were magical girls.

Plot:

One day, the same mysterious entity that gives magical girl the magical entity that possesses them announced the beginning of a game, a treasure hunt. Find all the pieces of the staff of origination (name subject to change) and you will be given an extraordinary price. But more importantly, you will be given the ability to destroy the very source of the apparitions, thus eliminating them forever.

About this roleplay (other information):

Hi everyone! So, I wanted to give you some extra info here that you may want to consider.

-There is no level of detail to this roleplay, in terms of length. Any length is acceptable, so long as you meet the content minimum.

-Players will play magical girls, or normal girls/boys. Each player will be allowed up to two characters. Do keep in mind there is more about magical girls than what is above, so take that into consideration before coming up with a character.

-looking for a co-GM

I hope I captured your interest. Either way happy RPing!

Note: former members and others who have likewise expressed interest will now be tagged here.

I'm willing to try again. Was the content minimum updated? I definitely understand that you want good writing out of people, but if, say, there's a very action-heavy post, it might make sense for there to be little in the way of thoughts present.

tl;dr I think as long as you are adding to the story with words, actions, or thoughts, that's good. I think part of the reason why the original didn't take off was because of the need for (correct me if I'm wrong) thought, dialogue, and action in every post.

@Idea

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to try again. Was the content minimum updated? I definitely understand that you want good writing out of people, but if, say, there's a very action-heavy post, it might make sense for there to be little in the way of thoughts present.

tl;dr I think as long as you are adding to the story with words, actions, or thoughts, that's good. I think part of the reason why the original didn't take off was because of (correct me if I'm wrong) thought, dialogue, and action in every post.

@Idea

If you want, we can discuss this matter, but as of now, I remain convinced that thoughts do remain in battle. Do note, the content minimum does not request any amount of anything, just that it is present if it exists.

If you want, we can discuss this matter, but as of now, I remain convinced that thoughts do remain in battle. Do note, the content minimum does not request any amount of anything, just that it is present if it exists.

Yes, I'd very much like to discuss.

Yes @MrNeko and @Captain Gensokyo every previous CS is available, but since both CS template and some details of lore may be subject to change (not to mention you likely don't remember a lot of them), I would suggest checking to make sure there are no inconsistencies with your CSs (as I will)

You can be a normal person and you can also be a rogue magitech user.. (works only for the government)

Interesting....

(also I looked at your giant thread of plots and stuff and I was sort of taken back omfg that's so much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back