• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mahou Poketto - Pokemon Magical Girls and Boys

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Once upon a time, in a land very similar to ours, there existed a group of guys and girls, all ages 13-17. These kids went to school, just like any other kid, but after school they were anything but normal. They were known as Mahou Poketto, Magical Pokemon Girls and Boys. Bound to a specific Pokemon via a Harmony Crystal, these high schoolers could transform into a magical Pokemon form and use the powers of the Pokemon in combat.

What are they fighting, you ask? They fight evil in the form of pseudo-heroes, ancient evils seeking to destroy the world, and malicious groups seeking out the Armament. What is the Armament? No one really knows, no one's seen it in person, but going off the name, it's probably a massive weapon capable of unthinkable destruction in the wrong hands. So how do you become a Mahou Poketto? First, you have to be able to contact a Pokemon in the Pokemon dimension, and create a bond between the two of you in order to form your Harmony Crystal.

Will you join us?

----------------------------------

So if you can't already tell, this is basically an anime-like Pokemon rp featuring girls and boys in the real world becoming magical girls and magical boys by forming a trans-dimensional bond with a Pokemon. Bonds such as these are inborn traits and cannot be learned, so as such there can only be so many magical kids. The concept of the RP leans heavily on other anime such as Shugo Chara and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and as such will deal both with comedy slice of life as well as darker and heavier topics.

I will only be allowing one magical kid for each type of Pokemon, not including evolutions or pre-evolutions, so Pokemon species choices are first-come, first served. This means if someone's already a Pikachu, you can still be a Raichu or Pichu but not another Pikachu. Please comment below if this sounds interesting!!

Thank you everyone for your interest! I’ll be putting the character sheets up sometime tomorrow!!

CS
Here's the CS! Give it and the WIP powers list a look!

Noivian Noivian
What do we do if the pokemon we want to pick have more than one type?

You get powers from both typings, they just won’t be as strong as a monotype.

As an example, when controlling fire, monotype fire beats fire/other type, and both beats psychic monotype’s telekinetics.

Is Arceus off the table for plot reasons or something?

Also, how literal are we supposed to take the Pokedex entries?

Noivian has Arceus and Giratina reserved so probably either NPC's or their characters.

I hope not literally cuz then my character would have four brains.

Is Arceus off the table for plot reasons or something?

Also, how literal are we supposed to take the Pokedex entries?

You take them as literally as you feel comfortable taking them. Probably within anime canon is ok, anything outrageous that the games have i’ll Take case by case

Yes plot reasons

Also i’d Like to encourage everyone to take on multiple characters if they can, so it isn’t just legendaries.

Noivian Noivian

For the Mahou form change, would it be cool if my character gained a suit of armor instead of, in the case of Metagross, forming big giant claws or an X on his face?

Small question: What is a good example of how someone came into contact with their Pokémon?
I'm just a little unsure of how to go about that portion in my character sheet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back