• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Simply put, there are young girls and boys who gain power from something called "The Will of Gaea." Because of this, over the years different factions of Magical Girls/Boys have popped up. For the longest time, there was only one faction that had enough power to lord over the other factions. This faction had the most hands-off philosophy. That is, let humanity develop organically, only interfering when 'negative emotions' cause warped space to happen creating separate zones of space that only people with these gifts can access (Called "Crisis" by the many Magical Girl/Boy organizations.) How ever, slowly other factions started popping up, with varying degrees of ideas on how much these super-powered people should interfere with normal society. Eventually, a split took place in the management of that oldest most powerful faction, causing a civil war to start, which would last up to just before the start of the RP.

There was no clear winner of this Civil War, as both sides of the old faction would practically tear themselves apart, ending in a sort of Interregnum state of cold-war. This, of course, causes a power vacuum to happen, right around the time where rumors start popping up of a deep-web game beginning that supposedly would grant the winner God-like powers.

~~

IC Goes here.

Last edited:
Cathline duMoige
Cathline let out a soft sigh, slowly shaking her head a bit in dissatisfaction as she looked over the notes that had overtaken the table she sat at in a small, slightly out of the way cafe in the city. The notes in question seemed to be overlaying both the recent up-flare of Crises in her region, something she took personal offense to. She was deep in thought as she looked over the notes, trying to find some pattern, her suspicions being that the Nightmare Circus, which had started popping up around the world once again, might have something to do with it, so she was trying to find some way to link them to it, so she could go after them. She let out an exasperated sigh, looking around a bit, lightly stretching after having sat in the same spot for the past few hours. She then moved, taking a small sip of the tea that she had ordered a bit ago.

Annabelle Arbor
The city was wholly different from her countryside background, Anna felt herself becoming overwhelmed by the never-ending rush of the streets and the constant buzz of human activity. How could people live comfortably in a place like this, she thought to herself while walking idly through the streets, her red hair flowing wildly and freely in the light breeze. Before long, she felt a slight dryness in her mouth and looked around for something to help her. Rather conveniently, a cafe seemed to be not too far from where she was standing and walking there only took a couple of minutes. As she stepped inside, Anna curiously searched the room for anyone else. Above most things, she hated having a bite to eat in a deserted room. Thankfully, there seemed to be some people milling about, drinking their coffee and enjoying other such items.

"...um, miss, are you going to order anything?"
"O-Oh! Pardon me. I'll just have a green tea, no sugar."
"Sure thing, that'll be three dollars thirty cents."
As she paid the young man across the counter, she couldn't help but notice a seemingly distraught woman sitting alone. She looked tired, uncaring for anyone around her and dedicated to her work, whatever it might have been. Anna was in the middle of the previous thought when she met the woman's gaze as she looked about the room. Realizing she was staring right at her, she quickly averted her eyes and took her cup of steaming hot herbal tea to a table nearby. Did she see me? was the main thought on her mind as she raised the piping hot cup to her mouth and the boiling liquid touched her lips. She hadn't expected the fury of a thousand suns would be contained in this tiny, handheld cup. As she set it down, she couldn't help but whine a little as the searing pain made her tongue numb.

Cathline duMoige
Cathline let out a sigh as she glanced back at the papers before her, her eyes having lingered on Annabelle for what may have been too long. She wasn't sure though, never really having understood social cues. She let out a sigh once again, before taking another sip of her tea, it having cooled off a bit due to it sitting on her table, at the one spot that didn't seem to be filled with the papers. Maps, and charts scattered around the table, Cathline was doing little to hide her work from the few other people in the cafe, seemingly uncaring if anyone recognized what she was doing, right out in the open. To her, the work was far more important that any semblance of secrecy she was supposed to have.

After a bit of time, she frowned a bit, gathering up most of the papers on the table and placing them into a bag that was resting on the chair next to her. All that was left on the table was a map of the city that had each of the Crisis that had popped up the past few weeks circled. As well, the map had 'X' marks on each of the verified sightings of any of the known members of the group that called themselves "The Nightmare Circus." Each 'X' eerily being close to a Crisis, yet dated before the Crisis formed.

Momoko
MOM

Those letters were plastered at the top of every leader board in the arcade. Its score often outpaced the one before it by several times, an almost infuriating lead to many of the regulars. Many turned to the cause of this, a single girl currently aiming a plastic rifle at a large screen that was dominating one corner of the arcade. With every pull of the trigger, the screen lit up with flashing lights that colored her white and red numerous times during her play-through.

"You're screwed." one of the onlookers hissed while digging her nails into her boyfriend's shoulder "No grenades left for him."

On the screen, a massive amalgamation of metal and flesh arose and roared violently as its title dramatically appeared. The girl with the rifle merely scratched her nose before aiming the rifle off the screen and pulling the trigger to reload.

"No wonder you're so pissed about your poor ass score." she snickered whilst waiting for the fight to start "Saving your nades to breeze through his second stage just screams puss-cake."

The flashing lights resumed as the battle resumed, with the Rifle-Girl laughing as her onlooker's expression tightened, "Check it, puss-puss. Momoko's bout to be stylin' all over you!"

With that declaration put forward, Momoko proceeded to make her threat a reality. Wasn't like it was a real challenge for her, she was a wiz at most games. This particular boss had a track record for being difficult due to the sheer number of projectiles he could fling at the player at once. Because of this, most players tended to alternate between shooting him and the projectiles. But a true gamer like Momoko could see through this distraction. The attacks he launched during his volley were relatively simple compared to the rest of his move set. Unloading on him throughout whilst letting the projectiles get as close as possible was the key to stacking damage before he wore down the player's resources. And for someone with skills like Momoko, it was no wonder that she began drawing more of a crowd the more other gamers took note of her progress.

By the time it lay before her defeated, so to was the poor little lady who had previously held the high score for this machine. Momoko signed those three letters atop yet another leaderboard, satisfied that another Arcade had been conquered. It was a shame she didn't get actual points for this, she'd probably be ruling the streets by now. But whatever, bragging rights alone were good enough.

Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Two high schoolers were also watching the show provided by the player, the girl had quite the skill at playing videogames. "Did you see that? That was so cool!" Spoke the pink haired girl, jumping a little from the excitement. However, her friend had that serious face as always. Lilly just shrugged at her attitude as usual and waited for her response.

Katherine on the other side was analyzing the behavior of the player instead of just admiring her. "She's too good" She replied annoyed, she couldn't help but to be cautious around her. "Let's go..." She walked towards Momoko, serious expression without a trace of emotion in her face and a commanding tone on her voice. "You, 'mom' we need to speak with you." She wasn't asking, just demanding to have a conversation.

Lilly followed her quickly, she knew that wasn't the way to make new friends. "Sorry! Katy here is a bit... Direct, Hello! I'm Lilly, can we ask you something? I promise it will be quick!" She pleaded to the girl, with a more kind approach than her parter. The blue haired girl just rolled her eyes, waiting for a response while Lilly smiled warmly.

Last edited:
Momoko Norioska
As she'd just decimated this particular shooter's final level, Momoko was in the midst of gorging herself on the blatant admiration of the crowd that had gathered around her. The previous high-score holder had already dragged her boyfriend out in a huff, much to Momoko's amusement. She was just about to deliver a suitably badass speech to the witnesses to her skill, but the sudden request from some shmuck with blue hair derailed that.

Momoko raised an eyebrow, only for a request from little-miss stone face's apparent friend to cause her to grin once more. Turning to the crowd, Momoko strolled over to a gumball machine and slid in a quarter.

"Seems I got me a bunch of groupie's to take care of." she shrugged whilst indicating towards the duo.

As the over-sized gumball slid into her waiting palm, she popped it into her mouth before pointing towards the crowd "So I'mma head out, but ya'll better be painting my face all over this dive so any other piss-brained idiots who come lookin' to score know exactly who they'll be failing to!"

Her declaration said, she blew a big bubble before pointing two double finger guns to the nearby door, "Mama out!"

As she stuffed her hands into her pockets and casually sauntered towards the side door, she nodded back to the two girls with a grin before kicking it open and stepping out into the alley beyond. Blowing a few more bubbles, she leand against a brick wall nearby while waiting for the girls. Once she spotted them, she gave a snicker as she popped her latest bubble and shrugged.

"Now Mama don't give autographs for free, ladies." She said whilst chewing her gum some more and winking "Begging or bribing, either could do the trick for me."

Neo Alice Neo Alice

G r e y
"Absolutely abhorrent." Grey said aloud. "Who puts orange and mint together? Have they never brushed their teeth after drinking a glass of juice?" He threw out his hand in disgust towards the television and looked down at his cat, Cheesecake, for support. Cheesecake said nothing, and continued to lick her privates in the warm sunshine. As cats do.

Grey turned the TV off, no longer being entertained by the cable network baking contest that he had been watching. He stood up, and stretched. His body was sore from the night before. There had been a Crisis do deal with, and he had taken quite the beating. Grey sighed and went to the kitchenette in his studio apartment and began rooting around for a box of his favorite tea.

"Damn it." Grey slammed the cupboard door shut as he realized he was out of tea. All he wanted to do was relax after a bad night, and it looked like life wouldn't treat him with that. "Come on, Cheese." Grey scooped up the calico and put her into her special carrier by the door. "Let's go for a walk and get some tea."

After putting on a pair of suitable pants and shoes, Grey left the apartment and began walking towards his favorite tea shop with Cheesecake safely secured on his back. The day was sunny and warm, and Grey couldn't help but feel a little more relaxed than he had cooped up in at his place. Maybe he would take a stroll through the park after he got his tea, Cheesecake would probably enjoy that. On the way to his destination Grey passed an arcade that was bustling with activity. There must have been some sort of tournament going on today. It had been years since Grey entered an arcade, maybe he should go again sometime soon.

After about ten minutes Grey arrived at the tea shop. It was a small store-front that was connected to a cafe next door. They were owned by the same people. Or at least, that was what Grey assumed. He entered the store, the door chime altering the clerk at the counter to his arrival.

"Hello Grayson!" an cheery middle-aged woman greeted him. "You want your usual today?"

"Yes please, Mrs. Johnson."

After a minute or two Ms. Johnson placed a box of Earl Grey tea on the counter. "$12.54" Grey nodded and paid for the tea with his bank card.

"Thank you." Grey took the box and with a polite smile left the store and reentered the busy city street.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Both girls had spent days tracking down this specific player, since she was so famous it wasn’t difficult to figure out how to find her but her skills suggested that she could possibly be also a magical girl. Since the war ended recently they decided to approach together to maintain some advantage, one can never be too careful.

They stepped outside, following the loud talking player. Although they both had the same hairstyle and obviously belonged to the same school as they had matching uniforms their personalities couldn’t be more different. Katherine crossed her arms, visibly annoyed by the lack of seriousness of Momoko while Lilly just laugh at her big humor sense. “Oh no, although I just became a fan that’s not why we wanted to talk to you. But now I’m kinda temped…” She mumbled to herself while touching both of her index fingers and looking down ashamed.

Katherine rolled her eyes again, was she surrounded by kids now? “Let’s focus here, shall we? ” She said to her partner, then looking back at the other girl. “I don’t care if you want to keep drawing attention to you like this… but anyway, that’s another subject altogether.” She waved her hands on the air as if erasing her own words. “What do you know about the game? The one that is supposedly gifting a god’s power? Videogames are supposed to be your specialty…

Oh right! We’ve heard that you are an awesome gamer! Well… we even saw it ourselves.” Lilly stated cheerfully as she raised both hands and pretended to hold the same plastic firearm that the player had seconds ago. “That was really impressive! So we guessed that if anyone knew anything about this new type of game it would be you.” She smiled as she put her hands down once again. “Can you please tell us what you know?

Momoko Norioska
Momoko looked between the two girls with a raised eyebrow for several seconds before her smirk returned in force.

"Pfft," she held back her laughter at first, blowing a bubble before snickering openly "oh holy hell! Didn't think I'd hear more folks goin' crazy over that stupid rumor!"

She held her stomach as she leaned back against the brick wall and laughed. But Momoko knew about what they were talking about. No self-respecting gamer wouldn't look into a game that had such a sudden cult following, mysterious powers or not. But unlike some members of the Ranker's Guild, Momoka wouldn't let anything other than a full-fledged Crisis interfere with her gaming schedule. Besides, she already had a lead on something that'd bring her closer to that little chestnut.

But would she really go ahead and just let any ole gaggle of girlies in on it? Well, Momoko liked to believe that the spoils of war went to the victor, and she wasn't exactly the type to share victory with unknowns. Despite what she could tell from appearance and mannerisms alone, Momoko wasn't the type to group up for anything non-crisis related. From MMOs to Fighting Games and even games designed for cooperative play, she soloed her way through all of them. Plus, the way they spoke led Momoko to develop several suspicions. So wiping a humored tear from her eye, she blew another bubble once her laughter died down.

"Look, I'mma tell you two honies what I told those lunatic Twins yesterday." she slid one hand into her pocket and used the other to jerk a thumb towards herself "The only god power on this planet is this gal right here. Ain't no dumb ass proxy game gonna help ya outplay this no matter how hard ya try."

Putting her hands on her hips, she blew another bubble before shaking her head and turning away, "But geez, its so damn hilarious how soon ya'll showed up after the last guys. Talkin' all about that crazy stuff like Mama's supposed to just roll over and believe anything she hears."

She sighed with a smile, "Faith in the youth of today couldn't possibly be getting lower over here."

Neo Alice Neo Alice

Annabelle
Although the tea had thoroughly ruined her experience with the hot drink, she continued to idly sip on it as she began thinking. It had been some time since she had dealt with a crises or two, and something about the thrill of working in the field gave her a craving she couldn't resist. Anna may not have been the best at these in times past, but that never stopped her from charging into each and every one head first. It was the reason she had come to the city after all, looking for some action and more importantly: camaraderie.

As she took another sip of the steaming herbal remedy, her eyes drifted back over the woman who had caught her bored gaze earlier. Something about her made Anna restless, she couldn't stop thinking about how tired she looked and the curious papers she had collected from all over the table. Without a second thought, she strolled across the cafe with her drink in hand, aiming to at least put her curiosities to rest.

"You look miserable." was the first thing that came out of her mouth, "I-I mean, you look fine but you seemed a little tired." she stuttered awkwardly. Wincing at her pathetic delivery, she sighed and went to walk away, muttering something under her breath.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you... I-I'll just leave. "

Cathline duMoige
Cathline blinked softly as she heard someone approaching her table. Half assuming it was one of the servers of the cafe, she took another sip of her tea, emptying the cup, before setting it down again. As the woman spoke, she shuffled a bit, the map still visible on the table as she looked up at her, looking her over. Slowly though, as if a butcher examining a raw piece of meat. "And you are?" she then finally said, after a few tense moments of silence. After this, she sighed, shaking her head softly as she did. "I am sorry, forgive me for being rude." She then said, standing up to hold her hand out in greeting. "I'm Cathline duMoige, and yes. I am fine, just... stressed."

Resting Witch Face Resting Witch Face

Annabelle
Turning around, she quickly shrugged off her previous... act, and shook her hand. She caught the girl's name as Cathline, and was surprised that she had forgiven her. All her life she had grown up with stories of how angry and paranoid city folk tended to be, but this woman seemed to be fine.
"
I'm Annabelle, Anna for short. At least, that's what my friends used to call me." she smiled, sitting down at the table and taking another sip of her beverage. "I know it's not really my place to ask, but what's stressing you out so much? It's such a lovely day out, you should be enjoying it."

Anna glanced downwards after asking. She had even stated that it wasn't her place to ask, and so awaited Cathline's response, whatever it might be.
Maybe she'll just repeat what I said, that it wasn't any of my business, and that would be that. Maybe she'll actually admit what's got her down, and I can actually help her.

I wonder...

Last edited:
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Katherine smirked at the comments of the girl before replying. “I think I lost my faith in youth the moment I met you. ” She shook her head before continuing, erasing all kind of expression from her face once again. “Not that it matters right now, you’re kind of a necessary evil in this particular matter… ” She looked up to the sky for a moment, before closing her eyes in annoyance, it was impossible that this gamer knew as little as she claimed to. “I didn’t believe you would just divulge any information you had… you are after all solo player and you wouldn’t want competition. ” She then opened her eyes and directed her gaze to the girl directly. “ Mind if we put your skills up to a test? You are the best player around here after all, but that means nothing if you only play against those clueless kids. ” She touched the middle part of her glasses with her left index finger, her blue eye deep as the ocean and her red eye burning bright as fire. “If you win, then we’ll leave you alone… but if you fail you tell us what you really know.

Lilly just laugh nervously at the seriousness of her partner but clearly got excited at the proposal of a game. “It’s going to be Despairing Manor? I love that one! Momoko please play! Katy could use some defeating for once. ” She crossed her arms while pulling out her tongue towards the blue haired girl. “She always beats me In Despairing Manor, it sucks. But it’s a fun game, you should try it out.” She smiled once again after that, not a care in the world.

Katherine nodded proud, crossing her arms afterwards. “If you can defeat me on Despairing Manor I won’t trouble you further but if I win you will be completely honest about any information you have. Can you accept the challenge?” She pointed towards her in a defiant tone with her left hand, smirking once again. “Or are you afraid of losing against me?

Cathline duMoige
Cathline chuckled softly, nodding as she smiled, sitting back down herself. She glanced over Annabelle once again, before smiling softly, the map still on the table. "Well, Annabelle, it is nice to meet you." She said softly, nodding slowly, before letting out a soft sigh. "But yes, I am fine." She then repeated, a light chuckle escaping her. "I am stressed, yes. But it's a little thing really, nothing you need to worry yourself over, after all we're strangers, are we not?" she added, still lightly smiling to herself, as she glanced around the fairly empty cafe, which only had a few other people in it, mostly businessmen who were having a small breakfast to start off the day.

Momoko Norioska6d12d51a7c288a53da74bd7066ae1751.jpg
Once Katherine started speaking again, Momoko's grin was replaced by a frown. As she spoke, Momoko turned towards her with her hands in her pockets and began strolling over. Throughout her proclamation and even Lilly's response to it, Momoko kept walking. By the time Katherine pointed to her, her finger hovered only about an inch or two away from Momoko. Once she finished issuing forth her challenge, Momoko's hand reached over and patted her on the head as she chuckled.

"Could at least try the whole wine and dine routine before lookin' to stuff me, doll." the gamer giggled as she petted her and pulled back to shrug "And to think I was just gonna send you two after the last guys who were lookin' into this God-Game mumbo jumbo."

She blew another bubble in Katherine's direction, the moment it popped she sucked the remains of the gum back into her mouth before swishing the lump of sweet chewiness around. Wipping out a phone, she flipped the little keyboard out. Turning the device on its side, her thumbs became blurs as she began typing several things. She chewed her gum every three dozen taps of her fingers, just standing there typing for a second before blowing another bubble and the remains of her gum out of her mouth.

"But makin' you work that body for just that sounds way more fun, bae." Momoko spun the phone before sliding it back into her jacket and crushing her wad of gum into a tiny little ball with her other hand "So get on with it, Mama 'bout to show you just how hard she goes in."

As she said that, she reached up and pressed the little ball of gum against the back of her own ear for safe-keeping. She was planning on enjoying the rest of it later, but its flavor clashed with the mood. It was far too sweet for how spicy the mood had gotten right now, but it would go great for the inevitable victory celebration she'd be having in a bit.

Neo Alice Neo Alice

Annabelle
She sighed, taking another sip of her drink. Anna had expected as much, anyways. Looking out the glass window towards the street, she wasn't exactly sure how to respond. She had come to try and help her, but didn't seem like she wanted any help. Though, before she could even pass another thought through her head, she began speaking.
"Wrong, being strangers means that you don't know anything about each other and haven't met. I can't say I've met you before, but I do know your name, Cathline." She smirked, setting her cup on the table and pointing an almost accusatory finger at her. "Look, everyone has their secrets, and I understand if you don't feel like sharing. But I just can't sit idly by, watching someone beat herself up." Again, she sighed and glanced around. "If you don't want to spill the beans then I can go right back to my day, just write it off as a lost cause and forget about it, but if you let me help I promise you won't regret it."

Taiso Senshu

Taiso was running, he didn't know where he was running too, he just enjoyed running and his signature jumping, climbing, and other jumpy stuff he enjoyed. He climbed up a pipe and was going to speed vault over the buildings raili- Oh he's falling? Wait let me a adjust my glasses here... While falling the back of his head hits the fire escape stairs and suddenly his funky eyesight decides to go on holiday...with a one way ticket. he falls 3 stories before hitting the concrete. Somehow there was no bleeding and he kept a hold on his consciousness. The ninja man opened his eyes...everything was still black yet faint blue lines in the form of rectangles took the shape of the buildings, and on the wall looked like a bright red light, it took all of his big boy milk strength to sit up and look at the light, whenever he closed in on the light it seemed to be showing him something, it's as if the light was inside the building, okay it's freak out time. "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING-" He would then pass out

(Sorry if this post is small, it's hard for me to do good starters if I have nobody to interact with, so I just made this fortnite funny open response. sorry it's bad lmao.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cathline duMoige
Cathline let out deep sigh, slowly shaking her head softly, tapping the table between the two with a single finger, almost in annoyance. "Fine, if you're so desperate to help me..." she then said, before taping the map that was still on the table, for all to see. "Tell me, with no context. What do you see?" she then asked, once again taping the map with her finger. The circled Crisis and marked 'Nightmare Circus' sightings only understood by one who knew of things beyond the veil of secrecy that many Magical girls/boys upheld for the many people who knew nothing of their world. "Do you see a pattern? Any rhyme or reason to it?" she then asked, before waiting even a second for a reply to her first question.

Resting Witch Face Resting Witch Face

Users who are viewing this thread

Back