• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Clockwork Syringe

The Night Blade
Hello all,

This is a story that I wanted to revisit after a while of not running any rps on the site and I would like to return to this setting with any interested parties.

The main premise is as follows:

Dear: (Player Character)

Congratulations! You have been accepted into Rodren University to further hone your arcane crafts. In case you don't know how to get to Rodren university, a directional charm has been included in this letter to help eliminate any confusion. Please arrive within 2 months of the send date of this letter to begin classes and the next phase of your life. We look forward to having you become a part of the next generation of Rodren Alumni

Sincerely,
Headmaster Richard Ophidian.

That was the letter you received a month and a half ago inviting you to attend the prestigious school located between the allied nations of Rendalia and Odalor. You couldn't believe it, you a (Arcane source) were going to attend this school.

Essentially you will get to chose the source of your arcane powers from the following basics and they are open to customization.

Arcane Externus: This method of magic occurs when one learns how to manipulate the Cosmic Loom outside of themselves without the aid of their own internal magic. Anyone can theoretically become an Arcane Externus, if they try hard enough. This is typically the most common form of Arcane Magic and is achieved through study and hard work

Arcane Blood: This method of magic occurs when one’s body or soul is a particularly concentrated point within the Loom, allowing magic to be sourced directly from within oneself. Most of the time, there is no real need for study of magic among Arcane Blood users, since the magic is manifested instinctively the more one uses it. Typically, this is received from a magical ancestor such as a dragon, an angel, a demon, an elemental, a djinn, etc. This the rarest form of Arcane magic as it requires you to have an arcane blood ancestor typically or a source of arcane blood magic.

Arcane Axiom: This method of magic involves attuning oneself to a sentient magical armament and gaining power from its own source. Most of the time the weapon is an Arcane Pact user that has, through long forgotten and dangerous magics, bound their soul to the weapon achieving a pseudo immortality for as long as the blade exists, the soul within the sword cannot die. This is an incredibly rare and depends on finding a weapon to attune to. Not much is known about how this magic works due to how rare it is. (This will not be available for selection at the start)

Arcanus Ambrosial: This method of magic is received from a deity and is dependent on their chosen religion. (Think of clerics/paladins) Power gained from this source is through devotion to a diety. This user draws power from their deity and uses it to fuel their magic. As their devotion grows, so does their power. The unity drive of each deity is different from each other but the Ambrosial’s specific channeling of that power is specific to their own interpretation.

Arcane Contract: This method of magic involves a deal or bargain made with a magical being. In return for providing power, the individual must agree to uphold some sort of bargain or promise. This is a generally uncommon form of magic.

You will also have a choice of Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Angel-kin, Kitsune, and demon-kin as pcs. If you want to play another race, check it with me first for my approval. I will also allow the creation of half elves too!

Please let me know if you are interested in joining or have any questions. If I receive enough interested people, I will begin construction on the threads and start the story soon enough.

Ok, looks like there is some healthy interest. I’ll begin work on the supporting pages and the CS sheet. More likely than not the CS will be up within a few hours

Fancy seeing you again, Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe XD I may be interested in playing a Kitsune. Do they have anything special about them I'd need to know about?
Yeah good to see you again. Long time since we’ve been in a rp together. Took a break while I was finishing my Masters Degree and I’ve been playing Destiny 2 for a while. In regards to kitsune, nothing really jumps out as needing to be addressed apart from whether you want to hide your tails or not. Also I would ask you keep the age range in between 17-20

Yeah good to see you again. Long time since we’ve been in a rp together. Took a break while I was finishing my Masters Degree and I’ve been playing Destiny 2 for a while. In regards to kitsune, nothing really jumps out as needing to be addressed apart from whether you want to hide your tails or not. Also I would ask you keep the age range in between 17-20
Alright, sounds good. Looking forward to working with you again ^.^ I'm thinking of making an Ambrosial, so I'll have to think of a goddess that a Kitsune would worship and exactly what form that worship would take XD

(In regards to hiding tails, perhaps she could be someone who's pretending to be a Human Externus to hide the fact that she's Ambrosial to a Kitsune god/goddess? Oooo~)

Last edited:
Alright, sounds good. Looking forward to working with you again ^.^ I'm thinking of making an Ambrosial, so I'll have to think of a goddess that a Kitsune would worship and exactly what form that worship would take XD

(In regards to hiding tails, perhaps she could be someone who's pretending to be a Human Externus to hide the fact that she's Ambrosial to a Kitsune god/goddess? Oooo~)
I already have a pantheon that will be going up at the same time as the CS

Just curious as to whether you're still taking applicants as of now.

I took a glance over the lore and OOC threads,and I wanted to ask if Arcane Axioms can be other objects bound to the user,or if they are always weapons.

Also,are they bestowed by the gods or other beings exclusively,or can they plausibly be forged by human hands?

Would help to know that if I end up joining.

Just curious as to whether you're still taking applicants as of now.

I took a glance over the lore and OOC threads,and I wanted to ask if Arcane Axioms can be other objects bound to the user,or if they are always weapons.

Also,are they bestowed by the gods or other beings exclusively,or can they plausibly be forged by human hands?

Would help to know that if I end up joining.
First of all, Arcane Axioms are not selectable right now as an arcane source. That description is meant as a way to inform people that they DO exist and are even rarer than Arcane Blood source. However, to answer your question both are true. Also yes we are still accepting, if you would like to be an Arcane Blood please pm me your ideas.

I was going to say that avatar looks familiar... then I saw the name... then I saw the familiar RP. I find it funny considering how infrequently I skim for RPs to manage to find you and the RP. :P

I was going to say that avatar looks familiar... then I saw the name... then I saw the familiar RP. I find it funny considering how infrequently I skim for RPs to manage to find you and the RP. :P
hahaha yeah I decided to come back after a while and revist the idea. You are welcome to join in too if you wish!

I’ll allow you to join, but I’m going to need to cut it off after that. We have a lot more people than I anticipated. Hanarei Hanarei is the other last individual to join. Any others I’ll have to put on a wait list.
Then put me on that waiting list! I got a noblewoman in need of an attitude adjustment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back