• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magician Hunt

MJ ._.

Nothing
Dangers of Everland

Book I : Magician Hunt

Everland is your typical world of myth and magic. Part of human population of this land is Magicians which you may know as witches, wizards, warlocks, sorcerers and spell casters. The issue about magicians started with the head of tower of magic deciding that all magicians had to be under control of tower’s head who was him. He sought a hard core hierarchy in which he could rule them all and no human without his permission could use magic. Many of witches, wizards and spell casters protested against his self claimed government but he managed to buy and keep many warlock and sorcerers by promises of power, fortune and freedom of all type of magic whether dark or light for his followers. His activities were secret at first and his followers assassinated some powerful magicians who could stand in their way and finally when he gained enough power and influence, he revealed his plot, gained power with a coup within a day and called himself a king. Magicians, who knew no king but the one emperor of all lands who rarely interfered with them, fought back for months but one by one were killed or imprisoned. The remnant or their families and friends decided to run away and come back for a counterattack while ready. Thus, they started disappearing from the city of magicians in groups. They got sheltered in forests and large cities away from lands of magicians. They hid their identities to live among regular people with fake identities. But king’s troops are still chasing after them. They track them down and pay good prize to whomever bring them a magician or their family members. In such grave situation, fleeing magicians are most concerned about their children.

You, my friend, might be one of those who wish to run away from the king, am I right? I have to save my child from this madness. Tomorrow at midnight, come to the bakery and bring all your friends. We must leave together. I’ve heard tower witches who has left king’s side are making another tower in the other side of the country. You know; we are far west and they have gone to far east. I want to join them, raise my child there and fight along their side. King's men have killed this child’s father and if they find out that he has a child they will come after me to take my baby.

• Character Sheet

OOC
    interest check

Last edited:
Aurora

71d91c11e0c6133e6a62478b525df665--disney-paintings-the-last-unicorn.jpg
Aurora double checked the main entrance, the back door and the escape route; the cost was clear but none of her probable companions had arrived yet. If they couldn’t come by any reason, she had to leave alone which was very dangerous in her condition. She didn’t know any disguise, hiding or distraction spells to keep her safe from king’s guards or bounty hunters. She went back to the basement and checked the clock; 1 AM. They were supposed to move between half past midnight to an hour before early morning, so they had another hour to be late before she’d take her leave. She had packed on big back pack of medicine, food, clothing and other useful tools and had tried her best to pack as lightly as possible.

AhUjfhc.png

Was he really doing this? This question must have ran through Veles' head a million times in the past few hours alone. What if it was all one big mistake? What if his family just happened to show back up a day after he left? What if they were all walking into a trap? His bags had been packed for a few hours, but he just couldn't seem to make those final steps out the door. To say goodbye to his parent's shop one last time, to say goodbye to everything he had ever known. What if his family weren't where they said they would be? What if he was making one big mistake? A loud and frustrated sigh finally shook the thoughts away for a moment. He could sit here and twiddle his thumbs while pondering over what-ifs for hours, but none of that would fix the situation that he was in. Sure, none of the local guards had been overly antagonistic lately, and he hadn't come face to face with any of the King's troops yet, but it was only a matter of time wasn't it? Giving the dark potions shop one last glance over, he tried to steel his resolve. It wouldn't be that bad of a trip, maybe.
'Tai would just call it a big ol' adventure...' Of course his sister would have loved something as crazy as this. Sneaking out in the middle of the night to go meet up with a group of people, it would have been riiiiiight up her alley. But no, this time there was no overly adventurous sister dragging him along on one of her outings, this time it was just him.

It was while he was looking around the shop one last time that Vel finally noticed the clock, or more importantly the time on the clock. He practically jumped to his feet and grabbed up his bags all in one quick motion. Time had gone by much faster than he thought it would, and now if he didn't rush he might very well miss leaving with the group. Pausing for just a moment at the door, he slowly opened it to look outside. While the shopping district of the city never did seem to quiet down completely, the little street that his parent's shop was on normally remained empty on most nights. It was why he chose to leave from there instead of home, the less chances of witnesses the better. Much to his relief, it seemed like the street was indeed empty. Quietly, he made his way outside and turned to lock the door behind him. Sure it might be silly to worry about locked doors at a time like this, but he would have worried about it the whole trip if he didn't. As he turned to leave, he gave the shop one last look before hurrying off. If he was lucky, it wouldn't be the last time that he saw it.

The trip to the bakery was mooooostly uneventful. There were a few close calls, it wasn't like he was amazing at stealth after all, but all in all it wasn't as bad of a trip as he had expected. As he finally stopped at the door, Vel hesitated for just a second before quietly knocking on the door.
"Mrs. Shamrock? Are you still here?" He quietly called out.

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

Where: Just outside the bakery With: Currently no one Feeling: Anxious as could be! OOC: [[I hope this opener will do! ]]

9ee3ebb15152a29bbdfc7b2c6e15fccb--fantasy-art-women-warrior-girl.jpg
Aideen

Her veins pulsed with excitement. She'd never gone far from her small
alleyway, not that'd she needed to. Gathering her lucky dagger, an apple, and
some bandages in a sack. Throwing her hood over her head, she stepped out.
She started on her way, trying to stay in the shadows. Suddenly, Aideen felt
a hot hand on her hood. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"
This had only happened a few times, but she knew what to do. Taking her dagger,
she impaled the guard's hand. A few jabs (and screams,) later, she started on her way again,
blood on her hands.
A half hour later, she saw the outline of the bakery. And another person. Drawing her dagger, she approached the red-headed boy.

aurora-shamrock-jpg.331704
A knock on the door and the woman perked up. "I must stop doing this." She scolded herself and climbed the stairs to the front door. Aurora walked on tiptoes to avoid making slightest noise so in case that the knocker wasn't familiar she could hide or run from escape route. First she cautiously approached the window and peeked from a narrowed open view from side of the thick curtain. She recognized the figure of son of potion seller immediately as she had invited him in person and had been waiting for him. She went to the front door and opened it half way then dragged the boy in and closed the door and locked it again. Aurora held Veles's hand and guided him to the basement. It was just then that she dared to talk. "Oh Veles... I'm so glad you could come. Did I make you wait? Sorry... the city is too dangerous. Haven't you received any new information about your family?" She asked him in soft low tone. She liked Bayard family as much as her own kin and Mrs. Bayard was one of her best friends. She had missed her a lot. "Curse this so called king and his objects..." She cussed in regret as remembered good old days.
roseyishungry roseyishungry Spotsvannia Spotsvannia Cynthiera Cynthiera Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

9ee3ebb15152a29bbdfc7b2c6e15fccb--fantasy-art-women-warrior-girl.jpg
Aideen
Walking up to the door, she realized the boy was gone. If there'd been a noise, she wouldn't have heard it. Putting her head up to the door, Aideen listened for noises. She heard small whispers, and quickly put her knife in her pocket. Should I knock? What if this is just a trick to get me killed? It's not like I've ever been here before. For all I know, this could just be a district of assassins. Mustering up courage, Aideen knocked. She yanked out her dagger once more, and held it by her side. If anything goes wrong, I should be prepared.

OOC: (Sorry my paragraphs are so small, once I get into the story they'll get larger.)
MJ ._. MJ ._. Spotsvannia Spotsvannia Cynthiera Cynthiera Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Last edited:
Unlike normal peoples morning or even dwarfs to be fair,he didn't have a normal morning, one reason maybe because he has been awake all night in the alleys beating up on drunkards and paying beggars for info only to find out that there are magic users in this town something he already suspected.
As he was thinking that he realized he was walking along another alley and he saw what was unfolding before him. A small orc boy is being lashed by a human, probably the orc boy is about to be sold to the slave market. But Harald has nothing to do with it and so he passes by until he heard the human turn around and say to the orc while pointing at him "See you grotesque creature?You should be like that good second class citizen listening to me the highest ranking caste, The magic using human" Of course due to courtesy Harald left the man finish his sentence and then continued to turn around take out a the crossbow and put a pox arrow into it and continued to shoot the man in the knee with it while ignoring his screams of pain and now because he was kneeling Harald went up to his face and said "That is a arrow covered in Small pox, i would go to a shrine to be cured before you develop symptoms and also deal with the bleeding too.".

He turned around to the small dwarf which was about half his size and asked him "Name?" to which the small dwarf said while hiding his face "Gro-o.. Grognar siir" to which Harald responded by picking him up on his shoulder and walking him to the tavern where the owner who clearly knew Harald and continued to ask him about the kid but the only thing he said in response was "Take care of him, multiple wounds on the back from several lashes, may also be affected by some sort of curse. Ill be waiting at the table over there for my associates"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location : A tavern on the opposite point of town, With someone? No, Current action? Waiting for the others to begin plotting their next move, Any interesting feeling? No

Rai Tove
roseyishungry roseyishungry MJ ._. MJ ._.
Rai approached the bakery, his head down the hide his face. There was no one out and not many people would recognise him from his face anyway, but he felt like precautions were necessary. He glanced up and almost stopped in his tracks. A girl was already stood at the door. She had a dagger out and was stood at the door. Shit. Had they been found out? Was she one of the king's agents? He slowly moved his hand behind his back, summoning up some crackling ether energy. He kept it small, quiet, dark. No point alerting anyone to his magic yet.

"Hail and we'll met," he called to the girl, moving forward a little and waving to her with his unmagicked hand. He tried to appear relaxed. "Feeling nervous about something?" His eyes flicked to her knife.

Queen’s Messenger

PrismaticHood.png
Curled under a dark grey cloak, a stinking creature dragged his feet toward the tavern. People got out of his way or even ran away as soon as saw him or heard he was coming; one of Queen’s Messengers. He slowly approached the wooden door and entered without caring about the folk who were spending time in there. They could hear him sniffing the air before his hooded head turned toward a dwarf sitting at a table alone. “Mister Grudgebearer…” Said the undead minion of queen, polluting the air with his awful odor of breath. “At the main chamber f the castle… tonight… come to receive your instructions…” Said the walking cadaver. The night the queen was gathering king’s warriors was the same night that Aurora had planned to run away from the city.

Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Last edited:
Aurora
The First Day of Escaping
Bakery

Another knock on the door. Aurora stood up. “Hopefully rest of company are arriving. Wait here and if you heard anything odd use the trap door beneath the table to escape. Please don’t come up at any rate.” She told Veles before climbing up the ladder and going to the window for the second time. Out there, was standing a girl with bare blade and a guy with hooded face. She didn’t know if they were friends or not but seemingly if she did nothing they might get into a fight and that would bring king’s soldiers to the bakery which would lead to caption of her and Veles. Hus, she opened the door slowly and put one step out. “You two… what’s up here?” She asked then looked at the girl with dagger in hand who smelled bloody. “You knocked, right? Do you have a business with me?” She asked her.

SecretRock SecretRock roseyishungry roseyishungry Spotsvannia Spotsvannia

Last edited:
Rai Tove
MJ ._. MJ ._. roseyishungry roseyishungry
Rai let the energy around his hand dissipate as a woman opened the door he and the girl were stood. He let his hand drop to his side as the woman asked why they were here. She seemed suspicious, nervous. He was almost definitely in the right place, then. Clearing his throat lightly, he glanced around to make sure no one was there.

"Um, I think I got a letter from you?" Rai told the woman. He was trying to be subtle but he just sounded dumb to himself. Rai knew it would be dangerous to talk about the leaving plans out in the open but speaking in riddles just felt weird. "About travelling."

Arielle

Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo
The bar was almost silent when Arielle arrived. Looking around, she could tell why. A messenger was sat at one of the tables with Harald, possibly talking. Everyone who was still in the tavern was staring down at their tables, not daring to even mumble amongst themselves. She walked between them, moving to sit at Harald's table, as far away from the Messenger as possible. She may not have been as uncomfortable as the others in the bar, but that didn't mean she liked the smell of the thing.

"Having a party without me?" She asked the two of them.

The dwarf listens to the hooded man and thinks to himself ignoring the awful smell as he smelled a lot more awful things during his previous contracts such an as a feral minotaur giving birth but going back to the story he thought to himself "Ugh I need to go in the castle? The goddamn views of the people who are going to be there are going to be terribly annoying" which after he sighs and looks at the hooded man and says with a slightly pissed of voice "I will go the moment the other person is here..." As Arriele enters the room he gets up from the table and dusts some air away from his face from the foul breath of the messenger and goes up to her looking up due to the size that he only reaches about her chest and says with a stern voice "I apologize, we don't have time to party we need to go to the castle to meet up and receive our orders and most likely give any info we already have on the matter. See you there"

He says as he tightens his belts check all the darts he has and continues to go ahead of them after giving the lady dark elf her orders and on the way to the castle he enters a shop where the place looks like a smithy but there aren't any weapons or metal work just stones with weird inscriptions on them he sees an older dwarf smacking some stones with a golden hammer and goes to him and says "Rune master, I am here to get some runes, the ones who brighten around big amounts of magic" to which the dwarf gets a bag of the runes gives them to him to which in return Harald gives him some money and Harald gets out and heads to the castle where he clearly isn't well meet but he ignores the views and gets into the center room waiting for the rest of the people. "Hopefully this isn't a waste of time"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: In the center of the castle within the room where they need to gather waiting for his orders, With someone? Anyone in the room, Current action? Waiting for his orders, Any interesting feeling? No

Queen’s Messenger

PrismaticHood.png
"Having a party without me?" The undead servant of queen heard a feminine voice calling over them. He had heard what the dwarf had to say, so turned to the woman and sniffed the air. “Fine blood of dark elf… miss Arielle, I have a message for you from our honorable queen.” Said the messenger and waited till the dwarf explained the situation. “The queen wants to meet you and all warriors of the king to gather at the grand chamber of the castle.” He said then nodded at the elf before limping out of the tavern, leaving stench of death behind.

Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Arielle
Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo MJ ._. MJ ._.
"Well, aren't you two fun," Arielle mumbled as both of them left. A few of the people in the tavern started mumbling to each other after the messenger left, though they were still nervous in the presence of one of the king's soldiers. Some of them looked at her, glancing away when she looked back. "Well, you go ahead and party," She told them, walking to the door herself. Conversations strung back to life in her wake, though many of them were quite sombre in nature. Meeting one of the Queen's Messengers tended to do that to a room.

Arielle already had her glaive, she was dressed appropriately and she could get any extra armour she needed from the castle. She went to the castle straight away, no point in delaying if she didn't have a reason to. There were a few people there already, but it didn't seem like any kind of meeting had started yet. She just leaned against one of the walls, pulling her glaive off her back and practising some flourishes with it. Harald arriving got her attention.

"You certainly took your time," She told him.

The Queen
The Castle
first night

The building that is called castle, was once simply called Tower of Magic before king’s era. He had the tower be reformed and reinforced magically to the extent that looked more like a fortress than a tower which used to be house of magical knowledge. In past two years no official educational activities had been performed between those stone walls.

That night, every promising nonhuman follower of king had been gathered in grand chamber of the castle. The queen had dropped human followers out of her list as the king considered humans as prior species while she on contrary preferred to use other species to trust her deeds with. She also cared for dark elves more than other bloodlines. Thus, that night almost all capable subordinates of the queen had come together in the largest chamber and her undead soldiers were guarding the only entrance. These soldiers weren’t as stinky as the messenger she had sent to call Arielle and Harald as they were mere skeletons summoned by Inferno Gate.

When the old clock of the tower played 12 beats, the undead soldiers closed the entrance blocking the way in and out. Then, she appeared literally out of shadows on a temporarily wooden stage. “Hail for the queen!” Ushered a dark elf standing closer to the stage and the crowd hailed until she raised her hand to silence them. “All loyal things of the righteous king… ” She uttered loudly and clearly. “Soon, you shall live lies that you deserve under his strong rein as you are his true strength…” She paused as her audiences cheered loudly with enthusiasm. “Tonight, I’ve called you to this meeting for one issue; Traitors!” She let the folk express their hatred through brutal grunts and growls. “They are magicians who hasn’t submitted their power to the fair king. But why? Isn’t that for they’re willing to use it in ways against our rules? Isn’t it true that they’re enemies of our people?” Another burst of anger boomed under high ceiling of the chamber.”We’ve been fighting them, capturing them and making them submit and killing those who wouldn’t bend to people’s will and goodness… but still some of them has escaped or are escaping the lands under rules of Tower of Magic… They’re stealing the magic that belongs to us… They take it out with them, offering it to nations without magical bloodline… giving it to uncultured folks who don’t deserve it… and if we don’t stop them, soon our neighbors will use that stolen power against us… they’ll invade our turf, make us their underlings or even slaves! Do you wish your children to become workers of magicless men? Serving kings of other nations with their brilliant skills without gaining what they deserve?” At this point most of attendees were replying with loud angry voices:

“Never…”

“That won’t happen…”

“We won’t allow that…”

“Let’s kill them all…”

“Kill the traitors…”

The queen hided her sinister smile and raised both hands to invite her followers to silence. “Be patient, my people. We won’t allow them smuggle our magic out, but the magical blood is valuable; don’t shed it if not necessary. What I expect you to do is arresting them alive. Most of them are young and will repent if convinced in right way. Therefore, I’m going to assign you to find and capture members of magician families who’s not pledged their oath of loyalty to the king yet. Captures them and bring them to dungeons. There, we’ll have them pledge in one way or the other.” She paused once more to watch positive reactions of her audiences with joy. “Now, make teams of few members then come to me to assign each of teams to some of families that should be taken care of.” The queen ended her speech and waited for warriors to choose their teammates and refer to her to receive their orders.
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Cynthiera Cynthiera Spotsvannia Spotsvannia roseyishungry roseyishungry SecretRock SecretRock Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo

(This is for friends of king to appear and start their part.)

While the queen was holding her own meeting, king was pacing his meeting room up and down thinking what she might be plotting for him. The man who once was known as the Eagle of magic tower, was now wearing crown of a king unjustly. He also had called for his closest subjects to know their ideas about queen’s actions. “So, is that true? That no human is allowed in queen’s army? Has she really gathered her own soldiers?” He asked his men.

SecretRock SecretRock

As everyone introduced their teams and received their orders, the queen noticed a dark elf standing alone and approached her. "What's your name, young warrior?" She asked her softly as they were from the same blood. "I see you don't have a team yet, but it doesn't matter as you must capable enough by your own. I'll give you my fighter minions." She said and snapped her fingers then about 20 skeletal soldiers joined Arielle's side. "Now, I'm going to give you one of most important missions." She gave a scroll with Aurora's picture in it. "This woman... I want her healthy and alive. She is carrying a child that I must look after. But I've heard she might be escaping tonight... so get out to the streets quickly and find her... bring her to me. Search every corner and kill those who try to stop you. You have all information that you need in that scroll." The queen who had commanded her last orders for the night, disappeared into dark smoke.

latest

Last edited:
RAYMOND & TAIKA VANHANEN
tumblr_muraxx6kWJ1qc1f3to6_250.gif

For several days, Raymond and his sister had been on the run. When they'd left their home, which had too soon become a place of danger, he hadn't an idea of where they were to go— there was a notion of "away", of course, and the conversations he'd picked up in the marketplace had told of another tower in the East where the magicians would be safe. But those, as far as the boy was concerned, were mere rumors; he knew not where to go, or if they would want him at all.
No. It didn't matter whether they did. A glance down towards the little flaxen head that bobbed up and down beside him only seemed to confirm this. But they had to take Taika. He'd make them, plead with them if he had to.
A small tug on the tail of his tunic made him turn, and give a soft smile to the sister in question. "You okay?"

"I'm hungry, Raymond."

Their supplies were running dangerously low; he'd only packed enough to ensure light travel, and even with Raymond passing up on his ration to make sure his sister never wanted for food, what little victuals they had were dwindling. But though he'd warned Taika (gently— he could never be angry with her) that they had to cut down on the meals, he couldn't turn away from her hunger. Or from those eyes. His mother's eyes.
He fished a bruised apple from his knapsack and, giving it a quick wipe on his shirt front, handed it to her. She smiled, taking it up in both hands with timid thanks.

Three days of wandering later, the provisions finally gave out. The Vanhanen siblings were now officially destitute (not that they weren't before, but now it seemed the word was stamped upon their brows in indelible ink). They stopped at a marketplace in hopes that a well-to-do merchant would be willing to trade food for the threadbare, spare clothing he had packed. Nobody took up the bargain, but when he was taking Taika by the shoulders and steering her out of the marketplace again, certain that they would die, a wizened old man sitting beside the entrance on a wooden pail called out to them, beckoning with his finger. "Boy."
Raymond stood still, surprised, and approached him with a mixture of fear and despair. "Yes?"
But the man didn't seem to be a part of the King's forces; instead, he looked the boy up and down, and then his sister, with a tired sort of sadness in his eyes. His voice was hoarse. On his hand was a green ring carved with a coat of arms which, much to Raymond's surprise, the old man offered to him. The boy took it, and the crumpled note that the man gave him next.
"I know what you are. Or what your sister is, anyways. I could see it around her when you two walked into the marketplace. This ring— there's a bakery in the vicinity, about a mile down that town street over yonder. At midnight, you and that girl, you go there and show the woman who answers the door the ring, alright? Tell her that Eero Pajari sent you. You will be safe there."
"You aren't going?"
"No."
"Why are you doing this?"
At that, the man leaned back onto the gate. "The 'King' has been looking for me a long time, and his men took my children away from me. Besides, I am old. It will do me no credit to run any longer; I will die with honor, spit in the face of he who wants my blood. And that will be the end of that."
Raymond turned the ring and the note over in his hand before whispering, "Thank you."
What else could he say?

BACK TO THE PRESENT

That was how the two siblings ended up the bakery at midnight, with the younger fast asleep in the older's drooping two arms. She was nine, and heavy, but the boy struggled to hold her aloft. Raymond felt as if he could die— as if he would die. But the door was just a little distance away, and somehow he gathered up what remained of his strength, managing to stop his gait a step behind another figure that stood before the doorway. Red-haired, knife drawn as if poised to attack. Confusion and despair flooded his veins. Had he arrived just when a member of the King's army came for the group? He wobbled, and nearly fell to his knees. God, he was hungry. Hungry and tired. They were so close.

A closer examination of the red-haired woman in front of him left the boy deciding to take the risk, jostling past her and moving closer towards the doorway. (After all, the King's workers probably did not wear the clothes that she donned, and in her place, they probably would have forced their way in by now.)
Raymond adjusted the girl's position in his arms so his shaking hands would be free, then drew the green ring and folded note from his pocket, extending it to the older woman who stood in the doorway, peering out at them.

"M— Mr. Eero P— Pajari sent us. He's not coming." His voice was tremulous, and his mouth dry. He licked his cracked lips. And then one word left them, barely above a whisper.
"Please."

SETTING: Outside the bakery
COMPANY: (Raymond & Taika), Aideen

Last edited:
Aurora
Bakery

Being wary of staying too long in the street, Aurora looked at the young witch and wizard standing there once more deciding to go back in without another word; they could follow her if they wished. She didn't have the power to make them join or leave. Then came a teenager, puny and trembling in fatigue and hunger but still holding a sleeping little girl in his arms. The boy said something about Eero Pajiri not coming but she wasn't listening. She was so affected by the heart breaking scene that took the girl in her embrace and ran in, expecting the boy to follow.
Once inside, she took them to basement and woke the girl up. After running up and down the stairs again, she provided them with mugs of milk and examined the ring and letter as children were drinking. "Poor good old man..." She said and sighed then added two said items to her packages. The woman waited till kids were done with their mugs then questioned them with a motherly smile. "You've arrived just in time. Would you please tell me who you are and what has brought you here?" She could guess their reason to be there but that wouldn't enough to know her new companions.

SecretRock SecretRock roseyishungry roseyishungry Spotsvannia Spotsvannia Soomin Soomin

RAYMOND & TAIKA VANHANEN
waQBZVH.png
tumblr_inline_nrj07oNqeZ1sebtop_100.jpg

Raymond felt everything one at a time, washing over him like waves. Fear. Relief. And then how warm it felt here in comparison to the outside. He glances about the bakery anxiously, meeting eyes with a few of his new companions. Following Aurora down into the basement, he and the now-awake Taika sits down, gratefully taking ahold of the mugs. He's downed his in a few gulps, but the girl drank the beverage in small sips, her eyes still dazed from the slumber. The cup emptied, Taika clings to her brother's side, tipping up onto her toes and whispering something in his ear briefly before slipping back down.
"She says... thank you for the milk." Raymond says, directing his words to Aurora, and wraps his fingers around his own mug, which is still warm from the drink it used to contain. Though the same cannot be said for his sister quite yet, Raymond has put his immediate trust in this woman who sits before them, offering them kind words and a benevolent smile.
Where to begin?
"Vanhanen. Raymond and Taika Vanhanen." His hand finds that of his sibling, and he holds onto it tightly, as if afraid she might be torn from his side any minute. "Taika's the magician. 'M just her brother. They took Ma and Pa, and we've no place to go. Were told to come here."

SETTING: Bakery basement
COMPANY: (Raymond & Taika), Aurora

Aurora
Secret Passage

“You’re welcome sweetie~” Aurora replied the little shy girl before listening to the tragedy Vanhanen siblings had gone through. “Ah… I’m so sorry for your parents. But as long as I can, I won’t leave you alone. We’re going to leave tonight so unfortunately there’s no time for you to rest… maybe something sweet can help you to keep up for now…” Said the woman and went to a cupboard to bring a pack of hard candies for kids. “I used to work in this bakery for a while… before my husband starting as a teacher in tower… but now… oh, not much has been left of those days…” She spoke remorsefully as handed the small packet to the boy.

While about fleeing citizens were getting ready to leave their hideout, queen’s army ransacked the streets. They checked out every house and shop till reached the street where the so called bakery was located in.

Aurora remained silence suddenly, listening to the noises coming from the street. “Footsteps… many of them… we’ve go now. Hurry up…” She picked her bags and opened a closet then picked the tiles covering its floor to reveal a secret passage. “Get in… quickly…” She waited for her guests to go first then entered the hole as well and placed the tiles back above her head. By pulling a pair of strings, doors of the closet were shut.

The passage was a dark tunnel dug under the bakery, leading to out skirts of the city. “Just keep moving forward. No obstacle should be on the way…” She told the person who was moving ahead. They could hear more noises from above which told them queen’s army was searching the bakery.

Soomin Soomin Astralworks Astralworks Okashi Yuki Okashi Yuki Elekta Kount Elekta Kount SecretRock SecretRock Cynthiera Cynthiera roseyishungry roseyishungry Spotsvannia Spotsvannia NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy

Star Clementine
Star sat in a room for what felt like hours. She could not think, nor could she move. Whatever had happened had dulled her senses to the point where she could not see anything beyond the small room she was in. As time passed, she could feel a pinholes width of information coming through. Voices. There were many voices in an adjacent room. She could smell alcohol and malcontent in the air.

"Having a party without me?" she heard someone say. Her mind slowly began to return, her senses becoming somewhat sharper. Moments later, the voices stopped and a rotten evil smell filled the room. "queen...castle..." were the only words she could make out. The words resonated in her head, repeating over and over.

"Queen...Castle...Queen...Castle..."

The words continued to repeat as if a familiar voice was compelling her to comply. The more the words repeated, the more she felt her body returning to normal. She knew nothing beyond the words that repeated. Why she was there, who she was, was she in danger? None of that mattered. The girl was in a new strange land, and the only thing that mattered was finding this queen and castle.

After hours of navigating through the shadows, Star finally came upon a large structure surrounded and filled with powerful auras. She moved her head around, feeling the wind for her target. A precarious window high atop the structure called to her, the voice in her head reverberating so strongly that she could feel her teeth chattering.

Within moments, the girl stealthily found herself through the impossibly high window. In front of her was a single person with an extraordinary aura. Just as in the room she woke up in, her body was once again drained of it's energy. The girl fell to her knees and could only mutter the words "queen...castle..." over and over again, as if she were awaiting a response.

MJ ._. MJ ._.

Star Clementine
Star sat in a room for what felt like hours. She could not think, nor could she move. Whatever had happened had dulled her senses to the point where she could not see anything beyond the small room she was in. As time passed, she could feel a pinholes width of information coming through. Voices. There were many voices in an adjacent room. She could smell alcohol and malcontent in the air.

"Having a party without me?" she heard someone say. Her mind slowly began to return, her senses becoming somewhat sharper. Moments later, the voices stopped and a rotten evil smell filled the room. "queen...castle..." were the only words she could make out. The words resonated in her head, repeating over and over.

"Queen...Castle...Queen...Castle..."

The words continued to repeat as if a familiar voice was compelling her to comply. The more the words repeated, the more she felt her body returning to normal. She knew nothing beyond the words that repeated. Why she was there, who she was, was she in danger? None of that mattered. The girl was in a new strange land, and the only thing that mattered was finding this queen and castle.

After hours of navigating through the shadows, Star finally came upon a large structure surrounded and filled with powerful auras. She moved her head around, feeling the wind for her target. A precarious window high atop the structure called to her, the voice in her head reverberating so strongly that she could feel her teeth chattering.

Within moments, the girl stealthily found herself through the impossibly high window. In front of her was a single person with an extraordinary aura. Just as in the room she woke up in, her body was once again drained of it's energy. The girl fell to her knees and could only mutter the words "queen...castle..." over and over again, as if she were awaiting a response.

MJ ._. MJ ._.

Queen’s secret meeting had come to its end and her followers had been dismissed, left to ransack the city for traces of fleeing magicians. Orion, the dark elf, was still standing watch in front of one of gates of the castle when he saw a mysterious magician approaching with a young girl in company. At first, he raised his arm to put a binding spell on them to prevent their approach but after noticing that the girl was blind, he smirked and lowered his arm. “So… this is the new tracer they talk about… isn’t she that stupid girl who walked into your grip out of nowhere?” He asked as observed them from distant. “If you’re here for an errand it’s too late. Queen’s army is chasing the culprits so they’ll be running to the woods soon. You can take her there and wait for them with a bunch of soldiers or trace them in a hunting team.” He suggested.

William Brooker sighed as he walked through the dark, quiet forest under only the light of the full moon above. He had overheard a few men talking about a supposed meeting between magicians that would be taking place at a bakery in the next town over. Unfortunately, he had been caught up with his job working at an inn in the next town over, making him incredibly late. The meeting is probably over by now, the dark-haired boy thought, pulling his scarf up further as a crisp breeze blew past him. However, he couldn't risk heading back now in case all of these underground sorcerers were still congregated. He, as a young magician, had no way to use his powers in this magically outlawed society. The boy felt out of place and without purpose, since he had trained his whole life in the ways of sorcery only to have all of it go to waste. He paused and shook his head, clearing his mind of such dark thoughts. He did have a purpose: to put his knowledge to use and avenge his family. How unrealistic, the magician faltered before continuing his stride. What could a single magician do against the royals and their armies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back