• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magical Identity Release System

Neo Alice

Mahō Shōjo
You’re living your normal and boring life when all of the sudden a new app downloads itself into your cellphone. You first tried to eliminate it, it could be some virus or something, but I wouldn’t go away. You felt drawn to open it, even if it could break down your phone, it was a weird feeling but you could not control yourself.

“Welcome to the Magical Identity Release System, you have been selected among your peers to play our secret game.” A neutral voice started to say after you put your finger on the app icon and the whole screen went black. “You are a very creative person, so your possibilities are endless. Please place your thumb on the screen.” After that you did what the voice said, a glowing circle surrounded your thumb in the screen. The voice states your full name, address and family members. “We know you now; if you divulge any information about the app or refuse to play we’ll kill you, your family and any other person you care about. Do you understand?” The voice makes a pause and then proceeds. “This app is an invitation to a game of identity theft, you’ll be given powerful new magical identities to battle against other players and you’ll have to kill them to steal their identities, easy right?. The final winner is allowed to keep the app and the identities collected through the game.” The screen lights up in your favorite color, the voice is gone and they are 3 portraits of characters on the app.

Then a pop up announcement appears “You’ll have 1 hour until the game officially begins, after that everyone’s exact location will be visible on the app’s Map function. Enjoy the hunt!” Well… looks like there’s no getting away from this, you better learn how to play if you want to survive this sick game.

Rules:

+ Follow the site rules.
+ 1 detailed paragraph is the minimum, no one-liners.
+ Characters are going to die, is the whole point of this so deal with it, but there’s a special combat system involving the identities so that it’s fair to everyone.
+ After your character dies you can’t make a new one, instead start creating a former winner of a previous game for the second season. Yeah, I plan on having a second if everything goes well.
+ I want this to be active, I know everyone has their own life but your GM here is in quarantine. Meaning I’m bored to death. I only ask that you be present and active, if you’ll go away for a while please let me know with time to figure out what to do with your character.
+ Alliances are allowed but I don’t care if you’re eating poisoned berries with your partner at the end to try to blackmail me, there can only be ONE winner.
+ Only Anime (or drawn) images for characters and identities, no exceptions.
+ I’m on my cellphone only so i apologize to those that love codes, but I don’t want any codes in here, neither for your CS nor your posts. I don’t care how much “mobile friendly” you say or think they are, just… don’t, please.
+ Only 2 characters allowed per player since each character is basically four characters in one when they start.

It’s a bit like rock, paper, and scissors.

Every identity will have one of 3 alignments: Attacker, Defender and Breaker. So… Breaker beats Defender, Defender Beats Attacker and Attacker beats Breaker. If two players are going to fight to the death, they must each send me a PM by separated with a list in the order in which they play their identities. You gain 2 victory points if your identity defeats the enemy’s one and 1 victory point if it’s a tie between identities of the same alignment. Whoever gets more victory points at the end will have won and the roleplayers may start to write down the fight as they see fit.

If by any chance there’s a tie in the victory points, then both will die from sustained injuries. You know, to avoid cheating.

I’ll make sure that everyone has the same amount of identities so that the system works correctly.

A magical transformation with exclusive magic and powers, it changes your appearance but also your race, abilities and even gender! They don’t have a background but a name and detailed powers. The alignment has nothing to do with their powers, is just part of the combat system.

Well guys this is the first time I try to lead a RP on a forum, if you’re interested in this idea I have please leave a comment. I’m going to need minimum 4 people to start this. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

You can all start making your CS :)

Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
@Thepotatogod
@Yakom011001

Neo Alice Neo Alice
1. So let me get this straight, we get to play as 1 MC that cycles through 3 different "personas" or "classes" (Attacker, Defender and Breaker) to counter/combat the other players, correct?
2. Just out of curiosity, but what is the city/locale in which the story takes place called?
3. Not a question, but this strangely feels similar to Honkai Impact, but it's a Battle Royale xD

Really thought it said “we’ll kill you, your family and your cat” and I was like, ok was not ready for that threat level

Forms? Elaborate, I'm curious.
Let's say I am considering between Dragon that has both a human form and a Dragon form, a Modern Warforged with the ability to change modes like a gundam, and a humanoid phoenix inhabiting a golem in order for it to stay hidden and protected on my Breaker Class

Let's say I am considering between Dragon that has both a human form and a Dragon form, a Modern Warforged with the ability to change modes like a gundam, and a humanoid phoenix inhabiting a golem in order for it to stay hidden and protected on my Breaker Class
That sounds dope, ngl.
The GM did mentioned "A magical transformation with exclusive magic and powers, it changes your appearance but also your race, abilities and even gender!"
so I reckon, it's ... possible? They have the final words on it, but I'd say it sounds cool.

Neo Alice Neo Alice
1. So let me get this straight, we get to play as 1 MC that cycles through 3 different "personas" or "classes" (Attacker, Defender and Breaker) to counter/combat the other players, correct?
2. Just out of curiosity, but what is the city/locale in which the story takes place called?
3. Not a question, but this strangely feels similar to Honkai Impact, but it's a Battle Royale xD

1: You play a character that using their phone they can transform into 3 magical beings. The combat system is there to give the game a more exciting way to decide who dies (which only me and the two other players will know until they post their fight, to make it interesting for the other players), but yeah you can shift in IC to fight as much as you want. Also if you kill someone you steal their magical identities and you can use them

2: For now is just an unnamed city in the U.S.A. (Is not really important right now, since everyone is welcome to add features to the city IC)

3: Haven't really heard of it, my inspiration was Darwin's Game actually

Everything sounds cool, they need to have humanoid forms but in the case of the dragon is ok. The only thing kind of banned would be identities that can copy others, or has unrelated forms (like an elf that can shift into a robot, like... What?)

1: You play a character that using their phone they can transform into 3 magical beings. The combat system is there to give the game a more exciting way to decide who dies (which only me and the two other players will know until they post their fight, to make it interesting for the other players), but yeah you can shift in IC to fight as much as you want. Also if you kill someone you steal their magical identities and you can use them

2: For now is just an unnamed city in the U.S.A. (Is not really important right now, since everyone is welcome to add features to the city IC)

3: Haven't really heard of it, my inspiration was Darwin's Game actually

Everything sounds cool, they need to have humanoid forms but in the case of the dragon is ok. The only thing kind of banned would be identities that can copy others, or has unrelated forms (like an elf that can shift into a robot, like... What?)

I see (slowly crumbles CS that has doppelganger character)

Quickie, writing my guy's backstory now, are they allowed to test out their Identities before the Hour expires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back