• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magical Guardian Girls OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
dont' get butthurt when a character isn't accepting or anything like that.
I invite drama, willingly. Because even if we don't bring irl shit in, there will be irl shit in a roleplay as long as it has humans in it. because humans are shit (pardon my language). I never stated I wanted everyone to accept whatever.
Besides the fact that why tf would I get butthurt over characters? I would be offended if someone said something to me out of character, of course because it's said to me personally. Characters are characters and clearly you've only encountered people who thrust themselves into the roleplays instead of making a character and being that character along with the mindset.

Like, even if one of the girls hated Akio's guts cuz he's gay, I wouldn't give a shit. It's a roleplay and I, as myself, am not a part of it. And it's not like every character goes around with a megaphone screaming they're gay or trans or whatever. It's just a fact, it's their own internal problem that goes towards character building. Just like my character currently hates himself but will grow out of it. The fact that they're trans or anything else should be just a casual fact that gets addressed or not, unless they're really obvious about it. It depends on the character and how they're roleplayed. Not all characters that are trans will be roleplayed the same way. Idk what kind of people you've encountered so far but you shouldn't treat them all like they're gonna ruin the roleplay by being in it.

Idk how we got to this cuz I was just curious as to what would happen. Kinda like in magical girl anime there are romance stuff that's out of place or some kind of secrets or stuff. I was just curious how it would be approached.

Besides the fact that why tf would I get butthurt over characters? I would be offended if someone said something to me out of character, of course because it's said to me personally. Characters are characters and clearly you've only encountered people who thrust themselves into the roleplays instead of making a character and being that character along with the mindset.

Like, even if one of the girls hated Akio's guts cuz he's gay, I wouldn't give a shit. It's a roleplay and I, as myself, am not a part of it. And it's not like every character goes around with a megaphone screaming they're gay or trans or whatever. It's just a fact, it's their own internal problem that goes towards character building. Just like my character currently hates himself but will grow out of it. The fact that they're trans or anything else should be just a casual fact that gets addressed or not, unless they're really obvious about it. It depends on the character and how they're roleplayed. Not all characters that are trans will be roleplayed the same way. Idk what kind of people you've encountered so far but you shouldn't treat them all like they're gonna ruin the roleplay by being in it.
This is an admirable position. And it's because of exceptions like, allegedly, you, that I say it's 99% of players who play transgender characters, instead of 100%, because I know there are people who can be reasonable about it. But assuming you are, then you are the first I ever met.

So I'd say a 100% track record so far, is a pretty good margin for not thinking it's a good idea. If someone comes along and proves me wrong, I'm of course happy to work with them, trans character or no trans character. But I would quite literally have to be mad (AKA try the same thing and expect different results) not to think this, given the pattern I've witnessed so far. And quite honestly the fact you think I'm treating people unfairly just because I don't think something they want to do is a good idea, is not helping the case against it.

Idk how we got to this cuz I was just curious as to what would happen
You stated you were curious, and then I stated that I didn't think it would be a good idea, and gave my reasons why not, then you protested against those reasons and it developed into this argument.

do you at least give them a chance and see how they roleplay the character?
Depends on how fast the IC starts, but I do give them a chance in the OOC and CS portions. If the CS is littered with stuff about how the character is trans I'll get pretty worried, if they seem obsessed with it OOC or like they are the type to get upset at people for not falling in line with their own ideas, then I'm out.

This is an admirable position. And it's because of exceptions like, allegedly, you, that I say it's 99% of players who play transgender characters, instead of 100%, because I know there are people who can be reasonable about it. But assuming you are, then you are the first I ever met.

So I'd say a 100% track record so far, is a pretty good margin for not thinking it's a good idea. If someone comes along and proves me wrong, I'm of course happy to work with them, trans character or no trans character. But I would quite literally have to be mad (AKA try the same thing and expect different results) not to think this, given the pattern I've witnessed so far. And quite honestly the fact you think I'm treating people unfairly just because I don't think something they want to do is a good idea, is not helping the case against it.

You stated you were curious, and then I stated that I didn't think it would be a good idea, and gave my reasons why not, then you protested against those reasons and it developed into this argument.

Depends on how fast the IC starts, but I do give them a chance in the OOC and CS portions. If the CS is littered with stuff about how the character is trans I'll get pretty worried, if they seem obsessed with it OOC or like they are the type to get upset at people for not falling in line with their own ideas, then I'm out.
well, I can understand to some extent, I guess. And I was being defensive about myself in particular cuz I'm not like that(I hope o-o' )
It's interesting tho, cuz it's kind of similar to someone being apprehensive about an animal that scared them in the past so they don't really like said animal anymore, if that makes sense?

Sorry if I blew it out of proportion tho.
I'm a pretty self-insulting humour type person so I'm not one to get offended by people saying stuff but I'm quick to be defensive and argue.. So I'm sorry, we cool- actually, we gucci 👌 ?

It's interesting tho, cuz it's kind of similar to someone being apprehensive about an animal that scared them in the past so they don't really like said animal anymore, if that makes sense?
Yeah, I guess that's one way to look at it. I don't have a problem with trans characters per say (other that they can be a little confusing to me at times, but that ain't no crime) nor really with those roleplayers. I think they could be great roleplayers if they were just a little more self-aware and didn't pair with an issue they can't really control themselves on.

Sorry if I blew it out of proportion tho.
I'm a pretty self-insulting humour type person so I'm not one to get offended by people saying stuff but I'm quick to be defensive and argue.. So I'm sorry, we cool- actually, we gucci 👌 ?
No worries bud it's fine. Sorry if I took it a bit too far myself, I'm the opinionated type myself.

So, yeah, we gucci!

Hug Pko mygiphy47.gif

yey~

Well, hopefully one day we'll rp together in a roleplay where I'll have a trans character that isn't angsty (that's for those drama 1on1s exclusively) so you see how it should be done so it doesn't ruin the rp XD (idc if I sound arrogant, I b confident~)

Okay guys I am sitting here and trying to get myself to write my post for this RP and I just can't. Maybe its writer's block or a certain personal reason I don't want to talk here about but I just can't write this story, so yeah I think I won't be in this RP anymore but if anyone wants to take it over as GM or take the idea and make it their own I am okay with it and give you permission to use it.

Its okay! You were upfront about it and i apreciate that :) I'll continue it though.
For now i think we have at least 5 people still wanting to RP (Me, Idea, Black Rabbit, Hidden Whisper and KodomoSekai). I think that's pretty Okay.

But if everyone is okay with it, i would like to exclude permanently everyone that didn't even made a post until now.

Its okay! You were upfront about it and i apreciate that :) I'll continue it though.
For now i think we have at least 5 people still wanting to RP (Me, Idea, Black Rabbit, Hidden Whisper and KodomoSekai). I think that's pretty Okay.

But if everyone is okay with it, i would like to exclude permanently everyone that didn't even made a post until now.
yeah. I'm fine with that. If we need more, I wouldn't mind making a girl, I haven't roleplayed one in years but I think I can handle it! Get my toes wet xD
Just be sure to pop those you remove a PM telling them that!

But if everyone is okay with it, I would like to exclude permanently everyone that didn't even made a post until now.
Yeah I prefer to tell people instead of just disappearing. I personally think its more hurtful to just ghost someone/a group then to tell them your not interest anymore, but that's just me =]
Like I said, you guys can continue this and if someone wants to take it over I give them full permission to do so. No reason for the RP to stop just because I am not in it anymore.

Well ain't this an odd thing to wake up to.

Anyways, Just Me. Just Me. Thanks for the honesty. It is saddening to see you go, but as mentioned several times by now, IRL comes first and it's only natural to make a decision that works the best for you. I hope it all works out for you in the end, and wish you the best in RPing and everything else :)

Yeah man, Just Me. Just Me. i hope you sort all your things out, thanks for giving the starting kick :)

But for all those who remain, i think that's also a oportunity for we to shape the lore according to everyone's taste. So that's the perfect time for suggestions.

Before that, I think we should reorganize. I propose the following three step plan:
1. We tag the missing people to give them one last chance to actually communicate
2. We determine whether we want to keep the RP going, and if yes, whether we want to make it anew or keep what is currently going
3. We determine some voting system for who will take over the GM position (assuming the rp will go on)

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed. I vote for keep what is currently going, but we can mess with everything behind it up until now.
3. Agreed.

If we continue, maybe we should make another thread for the sheets so its something that we can control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back