• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Magical Girls VS Soviet Russia!

O-Oof.
Most of your RPs, Sadist, seem to be focused on magical girls or girls.

Spare some luv for the guyz. We may be disgusting pigz, but at least some of us mean well.

I have read your PM and know you are mostly joking. I do feel that you still have a shred of truth being shared in this post, otherwise you would not be raising the joke. This message goes out to everyone else who may be silently observing this (People usually do not like conflict so they do not speak up). My focus on Magical Girls and female-centric RPs comes from a philosophical angle rather than me wanting to tear down men. I have several unpopular beliefs when it comes to how the world functions, and I do tend to let this bleed into my RPs. I do not fall into the standard ideas of artificial equality in all things.

(Following this I am going to get controversial, but please read it all before flipping out. Look at the argument as a whole).

I believe in the idea that the two separate genders have some innate differences that make us who we are. I believe that men are natural workers, fighters, and generally expendable. I also believe that women are mothers, nurturers, and are meant to be preserved. This is the natural order to things that is backed up by history. Now in recent years with our enhanced privileges and more free times on our hands we have began to question our place in the world. Humans are the most adaptable species on the planet and can alter their own natural roles to fit outside stimuli. Examples of this would be single-dads becoming the sole nurturer for a child, or women taking up arms in defense of their homeland when it has been over-run by outside forces.

Why do I focus so hard on women? Particularly younger ladies? I enjoy exploring the idea of presenting as they naturally are being forced into unbecoming roles. We live in a society (Yes yes I know this is a meme) where girls are raised on conflicting and toxic ideals. That they ARE strong, but they are ALSO dainty, beautiful, women. They are strong enough to act alone, but in personal experience many women still use men as a cop-out when things get rough. I do not believe this is an elaborate evil ploy by women to use men, rather a biological mechanism we have not overcome as of yet. I see these RPs that focus on women as a way to explore what happens when our historical warriors (Men) are starting to become overshadowed by women.

Going into a specific example from my RP "Pretty Pretty Slaughter" (Which barely qualifies as a true Magical Girl RP. It is more of a post-humanism type RP) there was a riveting scene early on that had a profound effect on my lovely RPers. Without getting into the details, our Magical Girls overcame a group of trained soldiers. This is a minor excerpt from our RP concerning the captured soldiers thoughts on being outdone by a bunch of goofy Magical Girls.

With manic, tear-filled, and broken eyes Jack stared forward into the dark void that had been cast on his eyes. Was this how we going to die? A bunch of little girls with weird fashion sense? What would his brothers in arms think? What about the ones who fell combat?

There is more to that scene, but is is VERY vulgar so I will spare everyone that thought. I like to explore the idea that men's roles that give them purpose, place, reason, and other various comforts are being usurped by some ridiculous force that has no business existing. A true and extreme upset to our "God-Given" roles as men and women. I like to have people explore the position of a women who now has power. Will she return what men have done to her? Or will she create a world of fairness? Perhaps they will do something I never thought of. I like to see how roleplaying women with these powers shapes the characters and how they interact with others. I introduce many bigoted characters with no reservations, and then I like to see how the girls from a position of advantage deal with the situations presented.

Also just as a plug - we are always looking for potential people to join Pretty Pretty Slaughter too. I will be opening up positions soon for a few male characters who will act alongside the Magical Girls and independently.

Yeah why can't there be magic bois?

Not everything has to be inclusive. I feel there is some value to having true identity, rather than wishy washy amorphous lukewarm ideals.

--

Final note: I felt I had to project my perspective on this situation. If this scares anyone away then I have done my job right. I am looking for people who want to explore these deep questions while also having a goofy fun time too. Feel free to share your own ideas too.

xD.
Before I go further, lemme just say this:
Whenever I think of a German/Russian soldier, I think of the warriors from The Order: 1886. Don't ask me why. I just do.

Concerning your view, Sadist:
(This will be a vastly concise and crappy version, as I have to rush to finish homework.)
I know what you're getting at in general. Go ahead. I mean, in history, men have done pretty crappy things to women. xD. Punch those bigots in the face. Make them realize the error of their ways.
Gender roles... mm. I generally agree with you there, except I believe they can have some fluidity between them. Not totally, but humans are adaptable. They learn to take on traits not normally associated with them over time. Though, I would like to point out that "fighters" is a broad term, and can encompass protectors as well as aggressors.

Other than that... I can't add anything else to the discussion right now. And I think that should be the end of that right now. This is an interest check! Not a philosophical debate. Thanks for sharing your views, Sadist. Again, sorry if I raised too much of a ruckus.

With love,
darkborn202.

Falls into Calculus homework.

There is more to that scene, but is is VERY vulgar so I will spare everyone that thought. I like to explore the idea that men's roles that give them purpose, place, reason, and other various comforts are being usurped by some ridiculous force that has no business existing. A true and extreme upset to our "God-Given" roles as men and women. I like to have people explore the position of a women who now has power. Will she return what men have done to her? Or will she create a world of fairness? Perhaps they will do something I never thought of. I like to see how roleplaying women with these powers shapes the characters and how they interact with others. I introduce many bigoted characters with no reservations, and then I like to see how the girls from a position of advantage deal with the situations presented.

I remember this scene!

oh wow I never imagined I would find a philosophical debate in an MGRP 🤣 lol this made my day.

Pretty good points! Love these sorts of discussions! You really pointed out some things I never really would have thought about 🤔

Alright we have filled up the two squads. If anyone wants to play a civilian, soldier, or something else I can allow 2-3 more people.

I have no preference. Either works :>

Hmm.. Now, to be a soldier...
Hm... A shotty user, or a sniper?
A shotty user is a less used trope. But it also increases the fatality chances of my character. :closedeyescryingfrown:
On the other hand, a sniper is a (probably) overplayed trope, but it also increases survivability...

🤔

Hmm.. Now, to be a soldier...
Hm... A shotty user, or a sniper?
A shotty user is a less used trope. But it also increases the fatality chances of my character. :closedeyescryingfrown:
On the other hand, a sniper is a (probably) overplayed trope, but it also increases survivability...

🤔
Why not both?

Why not both?
giphy.gif

Because I prefer making one main character for any RP I do.

I like dedicating to one character.

I'm Tempted to go shotty just for this reason:
1568144684837.png
Bone claws, baby.

You mean, like the Republic Commandos?

Here's a quote:
"An adaptable weapon, the DC-17m was capable of fulfilling many combat roles due to its function to reconfigure into either a normal blaster assault rifle, a compact sniper rifle, or an anti-armor grenade launcher, depending upon the needs of the user."

You mean, like the Republic Commandos?

Here's a quote:
"An adaptable weapon, the DC-17m was capable of fulfilling many combat roles due to its function to reconfigure into either a normal blaster assault rifle, a compact sniper rifle, or an anti-armor grenade launcher, depending upon the needs of the user."
Didn't even know about their existence until now... but you go for it man!

I mean you can carry a shotgun and a sniper-rifle. It's not unheard of - especially if the shotgun had a sawed off barrel that made it easier to transport. Depending on whether you are a German Soldier or a Russian Soldier your available weapons will change. The battle this is starting in is Stalingrad so your soldier could have resorted to looting weapons due to supply shortages and so on...

darkborn darkborn

OR!...
cough HAIL HYDRA! cough.....

But valid point. Can I still have la epic clawz? xD.

If you shoot me down, gimme time to grab a parachute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back