• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magical Girl: Legacies

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
  • Mirai Himitsu

"...no....way...I...am...gooooona...do...THAT! huff...huff... There." I told her as I finished tying up the last button, still in the midst of catching my breath. There was being a little lazy from being sick and then there was... well, this.

"Come on Mirai, just think of it as practice!"

"Practice for what?"

Her gaze shifted away.

"So, is everything ready to welcome her."

I sighed, for who knows what the time that day. It seemed my older sister was in one of her non-answering moods. Sometimes she just got like this, acting all coy and playful but in reality managing to evade giving any kind of actual information. It was probably very useful for her, to try to keep her identity a secret. It was something that was apparently common among magical girls like her and her partner, which I could absolutely understand, don't get me wrong... Even though I already found out. I turned around and picked up the fruit I cut up for her, putting the plate on a stand next to her to avoid the bandages. I would have let her have it directly, but they really were all over her body.

"Anyways, I am not doing your makeup too. It's not like your hands don't work, and it's not heavy or sharp. What does it matter anyway. Guys don't wear makeup, it's not like the sky is falling or something."

She wagged her finger, eyes closed with a smug smile.

"Tch tch tch... you really should learn more, young one. For you see, makeup is very important to girls!" She threw her arms up in the air. I threw back a slightly murky look with an eyebrow raised. She coughed into her hand to clear her throat, now speaking more calmly (good thing we lived out in a suburbs field, not anywhere with neighbors). "You better listen to your older sister, you know? You're want to have a girlfriend someday, right?"

"Before a girlfriends, just friends are..."

"Hmm? What was that?"

"No-nothing. Go on."

"Well, come here." She patted her non-injured leg. Well, the one that wasn't injured at the top anyway. I didn't want the conversation to continue in the previous direction, so I did as she said, then she gestured for me to bend down. I did it again, and before I knew it my head was being pulled into a hug against her chest, and my hair was getting stroked by her. She continued doing it, world in utter darkness cause my eyes were pressed against the clothes I just dressed her in.

"What are you doing?"

"It's alright, just let me be a little more. You said you'd help me with whatever I need, right? So just stay there a bit." I mean, I did say that, but I didn't mean... Well, whatever. I just let continue that for a bit until it started to get a little hard to breathe, so she let me go. "Sorry about that. It's just... it's been such a long since I got to pamper you. Remember when we were little and-"

My hands were immediately thrusted at her mouth, my cheeks already growing red.

"Please no. Whenever you say that, you always bring up something embarrassing."

Hands covering her mouth or not, she let out a muffled chuckle, so I took them out. She continued chuckling a bit until her eyes opened again and her gaze gradually shifted down, her smile looking a little less playful, more warm and reserved.

"Instead you've been pampering me. Since I got involved in my magical girl duties, before you even found out what was really going on. You saw me tired, you tried to help doing what you could around the house."

"What are you saying, all of the sudden. You're being all dramatic."

"I guess, it's just, since we might not see each other for a while soon..."

"Huh?" My heart sank a bit. "Sis, what are you trying to say?"

She turned and smiled.

"It's a secret."

..........................................................................................................................................................​

I sighed yet again. That sister, acting this lazy... It wasn't unusual that I had to do all the cleaning around the house, but at least I got to slack a little. Not today though, since we had a guest coming over, and today of all days she decides she wants me to dress her up on top of making her food (which to be fair wasn't unusual for us either) and even wanted me to do her makeup too! Like, how does one even do make-up? I wouldn't even know how to put on her clothes if I didn't look it up and have her explain it to me step by step, with a super serious look too! Well, thinking about it would only make me feel even more tired from all of that. There was a lot of house to clean still, after all.

The house itself took a trident-like shape if viewed from above, with the central spike of the trident facing the dirt road that climbed up the barely inclined hill-by-technicality. That was the main entrance into the house, leading into a crimson welcoming hall with a couple cheap lamps that kind of resembled chandeliers on the ceiling, and an occcasional painting on the wall or a potted standing over a table that was small enough to not much impede the way through the corridor. A set of curtains at the end of the hallway gave some privacy to those in said hallway or past it, into the living room. A large, semi-circular couch was immediately visible on the left inside a square depression on the floor, within which was also a short table and a fancy tv in front of it, currently airing the news of a magical girl's live performance as filmed by the so-called "F.A.E." (Fairy AI Electronics), while on the right side was the long dinner table that barely fit the space of the room. In fact you often had to squeeze past some of the furniture with the candles and framed photos and the like, to properly sit in it. It was nothing like the old one we used to have before we started getting so many posh guests, who had the gentlemanness to invite themselves for dinner whether we liked it or not, and of course we had to adjust ourselves however we could to accommodate people of such prestige. It made it so much harder for sis to keep her secret too!

At the end of the living room, beyond the TV or the tip of the dinner table where slideable door-windows which led to a courtyard with more tables, for eating outside in this case, and sun umbrellas, as well as an extension of grass, ending in a small brick fence around a flower garden...well, two flower gardens, or so mom and sis would insist. It wasn't as though I could tell the difference though. Just one garden with four types of flowers.

Between the windows was a door which led yet another corridor, the back handle of the trident. It actually led to the oldest part of the house, preserved after it was renovated because we took shelter there on the day the devices rained down. Later we would find they turned people into magical girls, and so everyone wanted one even though only girls could use them and they would end up having to fight monsters... But at the time, a lot of us figured the world was getting showered in meteors or something. We thought maybe we were all going to die. Then it didn't happen. My sister went out, and she became a magical girl that day after picking up one of those devices. And as for me....

Ah, yeah, my sister, right now she was just resting and staying in her room, on the leftmost spike of the trident if viewed from above. That hall actually led to both our rooms, as well as a storeroom now filled with old toys and textbooks. It was so dusty I didn't even dare open it anymore. My older sister's room was the first in the hallway, with a bed in the center to the right a desk with some photos of our family and me and my sister when we were younger, and a closet frilly tips coming off between the gaps to the left, walls covered end to end in posters of various magical girls, whereas mine was at the very end, and a very different sort of place.

The rightmost spike of the trident was the hallway to my parent's room. It was slightly shorter as a hall, because the kitchen was the same side of the house and connected directly to the living room without a door even. Simply a balcony between the two spaces, with full view of the kitchen (and more importantly, full smell). Fortunately nobody had such a silly idea about the bathrooms, and there was one on each of the side hallways. And it was aaaaaall for me to clean up. All before our guest arrived. While hearing out the weird requests my sister suddenly started having a few days ago. Well, I didn't want to be too hard on her. After all, she was going through a hard time, since she had decided to retire and all...

I clenched the broom, shook my head and decided to focus on cleaning, stopping only to give new instructions to the small robots on the ground. Before research into devices and monsters started, these things were nothing but Roombas. Now they had arms and a little eye that moved, and were a little less stupid. Well, it wasn't easy making something viable, let alone good enough for selling after mass-production. It's the kind of thing you had to try yourself to understand. And I did understand, a little at least.

..........................................................................................................................................................​

I was still putting on the final touches, when the hologram projector springed to life. I practically jumped off the chair I just sat on, as I realized what that meant.

"SIS! SIS! She's here! Whatever you're doing, just be ready, ok?"

I put the broom away in a closet in the kitchen and hurried to the front door, patting my clothes to take out as much of the dust as I could. I looked through the keyhole, nodded, and then pulled the knob.

"H-hey Shinobu. Th-thanks for coming over. Want to come in? Sis is in her room resting."

Kenjichan251 Kenjichan251

Last edited:
How long had she been doing this...?

Rhetorical question, of course. The devices had fallen thirteen years ago all around the world. It was a drastic change globally. Suddenly, girls had powers and gifts that seemed superhuman. Suddenly, their world was being invaded by creatures straight out of fiction. Regular military and armaments had proven to be utterly ineffective - which means the unwitting girls who had picked up such devices and were granted their powers were the only ones to fight them. And thus they were found, recruited, trained, and sent to fight. For a time, it seemed like every little girl's fantasy had come true. They were beautiful, glamorous, with these awesome powers fighting to protect mankind. It was like something out of a superhero show or comic. So many were ecstatic they got to be part of it. Everyone watched enraptured on TV the news stories, the various concerts, the cartoons and action shows that came in their wake. Shinobu had been one of them, and coupled especially so when she found a device during a family hike only four years ago. She was soon found and recruited, and couldn't be any happier.

Then the casualty lists came in. And the monsters grew more vicious. Deaths started becoming more common. Shinobu may have had rose-tinted glasses like everyone else for a time but she saw much, and soon realized what they really were: Soldiers fighting a war that only they could fight, recruited only by pure happenstance rather than anything willful. Most of the girls weren't much older than herself - teenage girls who were more concerned with grades, boys, and fashion than much else. Perhaps some even gave decent thought to their futures. All of it turned upside down because of one calamity. Some had embraced their newfound gifts and natures despite everything. Some broke down horribly. Shinobu herself simply gritted her teeth and marched on. Sortie after sortie, looking for new opportunities to advance things. Her goals hadn't changed. She simply was forced to take another path was all. Her family couldn't be any more proud of her, especially her parents. But their respect wasn't something she honored as much as her brothers', who knew far better what she had to go through.

Four years. Four years she had been doing this, but it felt like a lifetime. She had seen many, many magical girls come and go. She had seen show business and marketing, and was starstruck like everyone else before being dropped roughly to the ground when she learned and protested a bit too much. She was still keeping the reins on her own life, but those reins were slippery, threatening to pull her one way or another if she wasn't careful. But still, it wasn't anything beyond the ordinary. At least she had some breathing room in terms of civilian life - she seemed different enough in civilian clothes that most didn't recognize her as a magical girl. She hardly needed paparazzi hounding her like some of the more well-known magical girls. She had already seen firsthand how scandals unearthed by such bloodseeking parasites tore their lives to shreds when they didn't deserve it.

Driving up the road in a slightly dinged up car, she parked to the side of the road before getting off, locking the door. She looked up at the house, with the dirt road leading up to it. This was the residence of her partner and comrade, Kisetsuna Himitsu. They had been grouped for sorties a year ago and hit it off rather well. They were even going to compete in the upcoming Rainbow Tournament (did they really have to name something so glurge?) together. She had to wonder though why Tsuna called her here. Maybe it was to discuss tactics or how the upcoming tournament was going to go? Well, strategic talks rarely went amiss. Or it was just to hang out. In that case, she could spare some time. She had been needing a break anyway.

Walking up the path, she hit the doorbell. She didn't even bother turning at the camera scanning her image - probably projecting a hologram displaying within the house to show who was at the door. Shinobu barely drew any glances, even cursory ones - after all, a hoodie with jeans and sneakers? A fairly ordinary appearance that would barely anyone would pay attention to. The door opened showing a young man about the same height as her. Mirai... ah, yes. This must be Tsuna's little brother. The one she wouldn't stop talking about whenever they had time to catch their breath during missions. His nervous, put-upon demeanor... he definitely reminded her of her second oldest brother. She wasn't sure how well she would get along with him, but given that he could handle her brother well, he shouldn't be too much of an issue. Besides, he seemed a nice enough kid.

"Sounds good to me," she replied calmly as she straightened her glasses, stepping into the threshold. Taking off her shoes, she walked as Mirai led her to Tsuna's bedroom. She looked about. A cozy enough of a home. Speaks of a family doing relatively well though not overly rich. It was a cozy place. Fairly neat too, which was nice. It wasn't too long before they got to Tsuna's bedroom. Stepping in, Shinobu saw her partner.... and most importantly, saw her condition. Sure she was dressed and had makeup. Sure she was smiling. But the numerous bandages that bespoke of injuries were what caught her attention immediately. As far as she knew, she was supposed to be resting and training in preparation for the tournament, and hence shouldn't have been on any sorties. Without prompting, Shinobu's face immediately hardened, her brown eyes turning sharp as gemstones as she met Kisetsuna's gaze.

"What happened," she demanded flatly. She wasn't budging until she heard an explanation.

Last edited:
  • Mirai Himitsu

I leaned against the door frame, crumbling a bit of that old pink paint, and crossed my arms. Yeah, sis, I wasn't going to help you out of this one. Your friend came, and I thought you gave her an explanation at least. Turns out, she was as confused and worried as I was. Sis shot me only a single glance, and realized as much. Then she proceeded to just widen her smile.

"I suppose I fell down some really long stairs."

She giggled a little muffled. Then she looked down.

"Sorry about that. I know you were really looking forward to the two of us winning that tournament together. Don't think the doctor would recommend doing any strenuous activity anytime soon though."

This time she let her tongue out. Whether there was deafening silence or Shinobu's complaints filled the room from that thick soft mattress and circular carpet, to that single lamp hanging from the ceiling, Kisetsuna continued speaking as though nothing was said.

"I guess it would be kind of hard to just... find a new partner now, right? If a magical girl wants to participate, she probably already has a partner by now that we're so close to the tournament date. Even if you asked for a favor it might take time for them to fish someone for you... But!" She clapped her hands together and gave another wide smile. "I think I may know just the person who could help us with this situation. I could get you a new partner today, even, if we can convince that person. Let's talk about it over a meal though. I bet you were training before you came here, weren't you? So some food should be good for you. Could you fetch us some snacks, Mirai?"

I had a feeling it would be a losing battle from the start, but nonetheless we still stared at each other for a few moments, her with that smile and me with my eyebrow raised, until I gave up and sighed.

"Fine, alright. Are chips fine?"

"Come on Mirai, make us some sandwhiches at least! Those really pretty cut up ones."

"S-sis!" She really had this way of putting things... It wasn't a question of whether but how red my face already was. "Don't say it like that. And that's going to take forever, anyway. We can't keep Shinobu waiting."

"She doesn't mind, right Shinobu?" She tilted her head towards her friend. I didn't even need the confirmation. My sister wasn't taking a no for an answer, and I wasn't good at giving her that answer anyway.

"Ok, just wait up. Do you want anything in particular in yours Shinobu? And would either of you like a drink?"

After hearing their answers, I made my way towards the kitchen. I couldn't help but wonder what was going through my sister's head. She knew someone who could be a replacement? This was the first time I heard anything about that. I knew she got along with a lot of them, but they were more like passing acquaintances that were friendly to each other, not the type of person she could just rely on for a favor like this, they weren't like Shinobu who was her partner all this time, and who had even visited our home and come to meet us. I wonder who this other person was, and why my sister kept her from me...

Kenjichan251 Kenjichan251

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back