• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
A cackling could be heard throughout the cave. “Quite full of yourself aren’t you? Without you I couldn’t be? Really now? You’re still walking because of me. Still breathing because I will it.” His voice was lighthearted and full of joy. Bouncing throughout the caves. “What’s with all the light though? You don’t like the dark? Itty bitty light demon afraid of the dark?” He teased more and more. “Come out and join me!!” His voice floated by from a near opening in a corner. He wasn’t necessarily weak in the light, he was just stronger in the dark. But she had confirmed that she was indeed at least part light demon. He needed to be cautious, he wasn’t sure what she was capable of. His shadow tricks would be hard to pull off in such bright light. He stood at an entrance, the room she was in was a few feet to his right. He dug around in his cloak and pulled out a small dark pouch. He tossed it nonchalantly into the room high above her.” I got a present for you!!” He called to her as his projectile went flying. It wasn’t anything crazy dangerous, just a smoke bomb. That itbhad a foul odor was only a side effect. Once it was struck and it went off it would cloud her field of view if only for a short while.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

She just about opened her mouth to protest, but swallowed her pride and let what he said go past her. The stars within her, she couldn't afford to let them go and misfire into useless spectacles of light. She reached into her coat, grabbing onto a blade, yet, once again, stopped herself. His hand had been, from what she thought, sweaty, in the tavern, but it surely was the reason for her paralysis. It didn't take hold on him though. And, considering his ears, among the other things he'd shown her, he was a fae, likely versed in such things. Her blades would have no effect on him. The need to belt in frustration vibrated within her. She held back.

A present? She thought and saw something in the air from the corner of her eye. She gripped her white blade, pulled it out and moved her sleeve aside to cut herself. She put the blade back into her coat and rolled down her sleeve just as the object burst. Smoke bellowed out. It didn't entirely obscure the light she created, it did however, make the room a dim red. As if it was the sun during a forest fire. The odor hit her nostrils and made her gag. The shooting star she had loaded in her hand disappeared as she cupped both her palms over her mouth. Keeping it closed the best she could, though her sense of smell was one of the superior things she owned.

Finally, her body began to float a few inches off the ground. She needed to get out. For now, at least, she needed to escape. She had accepted the job, if she showed up empty handed, she was sure Lady Eron wouldn't let it go. The flying would wear off in a matter of a couple minutes, and she wouldn't be able to cut herself again for some time. Rosen flew off to the left, but quickly was met with a stone cave wall. She grumbled. The smoke matched the color of the cave far too well. Thus, she floated back to the middle of the room, desiring to not humiliate herself more and extended her arms on either side of her. Her fingertips raged with light, expelling heat and due to the shift in temperature, some mild wind. But at least it'd help circulate and vent out the smoke. No matter how much he taunted her, she'd need to stay away from the shadows the best she could.

andujarprime andujarprime

Last edited:
He heard a bump and grunt come from the room. He couldn't peek in directly but he imagined that she was startled and backed into a wall. He peeked his head out from where he was and noticed that some of the powder was shifting. The light in the room was dimmed somewhat, but there still weren't enough shadows for him to shift in and out of. He watched her instead of just running in. "Come on out then. Or you gonna choke on that duskbomb all night?" He teased. It was called a dusk bomb because the color of the powder was a dark red, sort of the way the sun made the sky look at dusk right before it set over the horizon. He inched his way out of the room and into the main hall of the cave then melded into the shadows. Traversing them until he was looking down from the ceiling of the tunnel. "I have so many question! Come out and let's talk. Or maybe we can play some more!?" He called from within the walls, his voice bouncing back and forth leaving him nearly undetected.

She grumbled in frustration. The change of temperature did help the smell keep her from gaging and uselessly shooting out the stars, but it wasn't dispersing enough to make her visual any better. Anytime some of this duskbomb moved, more shoved swirled back into place. It wasn't dissipating like she'd imagine. Rosen could already feel the magic from the knife wearing off, causing her to drop toward the ground again.

She bit her bottom lip. Even though she wasn't sure exactly where Shade's whereabouts were, she was far more sure where that location was than the exit. And, perhaps it would be better to use the stars within her as weapons instead of lights. The star above her probably had enough fuel for two more minutes, so at least there was that. As well as the elixir inside her.

The lights from her finger tips dimmed slightly, she twisted her body, lifted in the air and shot the direction toward his voice. She awaited impact, but was surprised to not only come out unscathed, but feel like she could breathe far better than before. Rosen didn't give herself much time to relax before flicking her eyes about the corridor of the cave. A brow raised as she saw no man there and began to float closer to the ceiling, figuring she could hide if she stayed up higher. She closed her eyes. Attempting to see if any echoes could help her locate him before her flight was over.

Nothing. She didn't quite understand his powers, but, from what she knew, she couldn't sense anyone near her, besides an eerie, indiscernible presence. "Where are you?" she managed to whisper between gritted, closed teeth.

Aeryn watched as she floated into view. He held his chuckle in, he didn't want to ruin his surprise. He became especially excited when she began floating closer to him. "Right here, brightness!" He exclaimed as he dropped from the ceiling above her. He hooked an arm around her waist as he weighed her down. He seemed to just appear out of thin air laughing. "TAG!!! You're it!! He said as he dragged her down, letting gravity bring them dangerously close to crashing. He held on though, despite the light she was producing. Not sure if he was doing something crazy or not he just said screw it. Unexpected is fun, and he felt rather safe in the cave.

"Yeep!" a loud and shameful, muffled yell escaped from her lips as her waist was grabbed and they were at the mercy of gravity. She had to swallow just to keep the stars in her being. The surprise had nearly tettered her over the edge. What's more was the waste of her wound she gave herself from the knife. Once they hit the ground, that was it. She'd have to wait a while to fly again. If she hadn't expected the duskbomb to be far more threatening, then she would have waited.

Rosen growled as she twisted in the air within his grip in order to face them. First, she tried to push his shoulders and remove him from her body. Then, she attempted the same, but more so against his face. She lifted her knees to see if it could force distance between the two, but it was far more tough while falling.

So, she tightened her jaw, glowered at him and began to open her mouth to shoot one of the stars point blank at his head. A slight glimmer shown between her lips.

Aeryn laughed at her failed attempts as the cake lower and lower to the ground. His laughter quickly died out as he watched her. She began glowing with light, soon it was peeking from her lips and his eyes went wide. “What in the unseelie??!!” He cried out as he let her go. Upon his feet touching the ground he quickly slipped into the shadow world. Transporting himself to the ceiling once more, he moved a bit closer to the entrance to the previous room putting himself behind her and watched as she began releasing a bright light. He wasn’t sure what it was, but he knew it was very dangerous. Something that needed to be avoided at all costs. From point blank range at least.

Rosen had made the dire mistake. In all the commotion of falling to the ground, she hadn't had enough with to at least grab him. And, as he let go and disappeared, the shooting star came spiraling from her mouth. Due to it taking root in her body, along with the elixir providing extra light, it lit up the whole hall along with the room she had been in previously. The clear sound of splitting rock came from beyond the duskbomb smoke, along with tumbles of stones. The difference between this star and the one she let out prior was that its light didn't stick around. She made it only for destruction.

Her landing wasn't all that graceful. That was normal for her. While Rosen was a light demon, she was anything but light on her feet. Her shoulder was the first thing to hit the ground. She stifled a yell to protect her remains star, and hastily hoisted herself off the ground. After rolling her shoulder back into place, her fingertips lit up again.

She was beginning to understand his power better. And the more she understood, the more she feared. There was no light besides her fingertips now, the star had gone out. She couldn't fly any more.. thus, she pulled out knives and began to sprint further in the cave. Being careful not to run into walls, she scattered the silver blades along the ground. Waiting for him to show again.

For several moments, the shadow world was sealed off in the current area. He was blinded temporarily when this happened, an effect of the star blast she released. When darkness returned he was able to find her once more. He moved around in the shadows until he was above her. “That’s wicked dangerous!!” He exclaimed as his head stuck out from the ceiling. He sunk back into the shadows and shifted again, watching her. He came out of the shadows behind her, his movements just a whisper as he brought his head near to her ears. “Careful, I wouldn’t want you cutting yourself. That’s my job.” He whispered to her with a cunning smile in the darkness. His body was fully exposed as he stepped back from her but he remained near the cave wall now.

Last edited:
Rosen's toes curled as she heard Shade whisper in her ear. So many thoughts battled within her. She couldn't help but think; No wonder his name is famous and feared among many.

He dawned a power that was tough to see through. Not even herself could properly figure out where he'd pop up next. She deemed herself lucky that he was in such a serious mood. Yet, the syringe she saw made her feel queasy. She hasn't a single idea what it was, but even if it was his lunch, she didn't want to stick around and find out.

Instead of attacking, she leapt back the was she came, maneuvering to avoid the man and made it several feet among the blades. She dropped to the ground, making it so she was on all fours and opened her mouth. The star shot out, except thus time, appeared to be bright and faster. The silver blades on the ground reflected its light back onto itself, making it never reducing in size like it normally would.

Much to Rosen's dismay, she had aimed low. As the light approached it refracted of the frame of his figure. A torso or head blow might have done the job, but a leg shot would only cripple. And perhaps even less due to his experience. She smirked though, afterall, she was supposed to capture him, not kill.

Aeryn was taken by surprise at her reaction. Up until now she had seemed composed, almost predictable. He had expected her to jump away from him, to look and act surprised. He had expected something, but not what he saw coming at him. In the moments that followed his surprise, she had leapt away from him. She managed to turn herself to face him and he stood there with a smile on his face. His syringe in hand, sitting idly, not exactly menacing but the threat was there. His smile quickly faded as she hopped back and dropped to all fours. It was replaced by a look of confusion, and just as quickly as it came it was gone. Once more replaced by a snarl and howling pain. The bright light that shot out of her mouth, like a mini star. It sped at him too fast for him to react. A good deal of that was due to his utter confusion. He managed to get ahold of himself at the very end, but not fast enough. He dropped and tried to roll away. The miniature star managed to clip his left leg at the shin mid-roll. He came through the roll clutching and howling his seared leg. The fabric from his pants was burned through, the embers of the singed ends dying out in the darkness. He couldn't see the extent of the damage but he knew for sure the burns were bad. He was clutching his knee, knowing that touching anything lower would just exacerbate the pain he was feeling. "YOU SHOT ME!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ARE YOU SOME KIND OF MONSTER??!!! I JUST WANTED TO PLAY!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH" he cried out rolling back and forth in the darkness.

Rosen breathed out, sparks flicked from beyond her lips as her eyes heightened in luster and dimmed back to a continuous glow. She grinned. "Finally," she cooed. "I can speak again. I wanted to say so many things. So many words." She took a step forward and sneered. "Play? You thrust me into the darkness and you think I knew that is what you wanted to do? My mind is blurred in such situations. Blinded by panic and angst."

A smile slowly crept along her face as a snicker poured into loud laughter. "But, it was indeed fun! I've never been on my toes this much before. Usually it is easy, hulking myself around and taking people down as if I'm a stonewall. You. You are different. You make my stomach twist, my heart pound, my entire being quake within my shoes. Oh, sorry, is this considered flirting?" she wondered. Rosen was so enthralled by the situation. The emotions she felt were near addicting.

She continued to walk forward until her toes nearly touched the man's body. She rested on her haunches to get a closer look and used her lit fingers to see more of him, but, for the most part, she couldn't see much. If only she had a third star within her, she could have made another spot light. "Well. You had me. I don't think I would have been able to get out if you hadn't let me go. I'll give you that. Now, I have you." Rosen reached down to grab his shoulder, just like she had attempted to do in the tavern.

"f-flirting? If you wanted to flirt you should have bought me a drink!" He exclaimed as he rolled once more. "His eyes were shut in pain, but being in the darkness, in the shadows his senses were on fire. He could still see her through an otherworldly view. "Have me? You have me? Oh dearie that's not even close." He managed to squeeze out the words between grunts of pain. He focused his senses and the shadows beneath her hand rose up. Manifesting in the physical world they grabbed her wrist and pulled her down to the ground. He chuckled as he shuffled himself away from her, his eyes opening but his vision blurry. "I'm glad you had fun, because this is far from over." He groaned as he sat himself up against the cave wall. "Before I hand you over, I'm gonna make sure to get you back." He said between clenched teeth as he watched her through blurry eyes. More shadows began to rise in the shape of hands, trying to grab at her feet to pull her down.

Rosen took in a sharp breath as her wrist was grabbed by the inky shadow again. It forced her pam to the ground. She gritted her teeth when he moved away from her. Sometimes, her body irked her. She was a light demon, made to have a multitude of powers she had yet to gain. And, in this situation, it would have been grand to have such magic.

She reached out with her other hand to grab his collar just as shadows grabbed at her feet, pulling her down. The more she became trapped again, the more she tightened her jaw and wrinkled her nose. Rosen returned that hand to her trapped wrist and tried to rip the shadows from off her, but, it didn't work. She didn't understand what was happening. "Let me go!" she barked as she jolted and tugged on the shadow restraints. "You're going to do this again? Huh? You coward. You won't even get your own hands dirty." Rosen clawed at the cave floor, ripping into the rock and dirt beneath her and attempted to get closer to Shade so she could at least reach him. "If you wanted another drink so bad, you shouldn't have paralyzed me." she smirked, showing off her dagger teeth once more, even in the darkness. She felt as if all she could use was words now. Without the full abilities of a demon, she needed both her hands to shoot a star...

He grunted once before turning his attention from his leg. "Coward? I'm a coward? Says the little lamb whos afraid of the dark?" He asked with a sneer. "Don't think I haven't seen the way you watch the shadows. The way your skin becomes gooseflesh when you look into the darkness of the corners in the room. Don't worry, I will be doing things by my own hand. It's always more fun that way, unfortunately it will be a few minutes more until I can stand. Thankfully I'm not permanently crippled." He sneered before returning his focus back to his leg. He lay it down flat on the floor, allowing it to sink into the shadows in the ground. To anyone else it would appear as if his leg were hanging off the edge of the floor into a sea of darkness. He reached into his cloak and pulled out a dark red vial with his free hand. The syringe now lay beside him. He uncapped it and drank it down quickly then tossed the vial to the side. "For the record, I noly paralyzed you because you made yourself a threat to me. All I wanted to do was get my information and go back home. But no, you had to come snooping and intruding. Not that I'm complaining too much since you cut my workload in half." He said with a shrug his head against the wall and his eyes closed. He used the shadows to wrap her up almost like a cocoon."If I can't move, neither can you. It's only fair. Wouldn't want you trying to take advantage of me." He said with a resigned sigh as the shadows began enveloping her once more. Pulling her arms down and tight against her body.

"You..." she grunted at pushed against the shadows. She wiggled her legs, kicking about in the cocoon of eerie darkness, they grew tighter and tighter, until she could barely stand to move. "You do understand how this is a tad arbitrary and unfair? I'm the one who caused you to cripple, whether or not it is temporary, I should be allowed to move forward with my attack. You're manipulating the situation." Rosen knew. She knew she didn't have much to say as she had been set free. Which meant that he set the rules as well. She didn't even dare mention her fear of darkness again. He was, in many ways, right, but who could blame her. She thrived in the light.

"Let me go," she muttered as pressed against the shadows again. Her glowing fingers hinted through the shadows, but did nothing more. Rosen scavenged her mind. She filed through the possibilities she had once he was done taking care of his own injury. At the moment, she could shoot a star, nor chow one down. Her knives were ineffective besides using them as mirror to enhance her own light. And, Rosen could be no means hit him in this state.

Her eyes widened. The elixir still dwelled in her being. "You about done there."

He sighed in the darkness. "Almost meteor, almost. Or should I say Rosen?" He asked opening one eye to watch her in the physical world, not just through shadowy visions. "Was it brave foolishness? OR arrogant naivette that made you reveal what I can only surmise to be your real name? You haven't been very cunning, or subtle about things thus far so I can't believe you gave me two fake names." He said aloud as he watched her. "Now if you really are demon, you can't possibly have been with your parents from birth could you? Or you would know, they surely would have warned you on the importance of true names." He said as he began to lean forward. "We aren't done playing, not by a long shot. But don't you forget, you haven't seen a fraction of what I can do." He said in a low dangerous voice as his smile spread, revealing his own sharp eye teeth. He slowly straightened his back and sat up. "Are you even able to release yourself? And if you can where will you go? What will you do in the scary dark cave? Do you need a hand to guide you?" He teased laughing to himself mostly in the darkness around him.

A near blush dusted on her cheeks when she heard her real name, but, the redness was from a mix of embarrassment, unease and realization of her clear mistake. Luckily, even with her name known, Rosen figured she'd be alright enough. Especially if she could capture the man. There were but a few ways to take a light demons' name and cage it up, so long as a human didn't know how, she'd figure it out.

The next agenda was on how to free herself. Light demons had a similar attribute to Shade. Being able to waltz through light as if it was another realm. It wasn't the same as he could achieve though. It never last long. It wasn't capable of being manipulated and controlled, unlike the shadows that surrounded her body. And, in the end, it wasn't another realm. Just a temporary camouflage with a short attack beforehand.

And, that was the best she had. The elixir had been sitting within her for awhile now. It wouldn't do much good compared to a star, it probably wouldn't even be able to crack a rock. Rosen let the elixir return to her mouth, fit it between her teeth and grinned. She bit down, letting the light that had absorbed some of her energy burst. The light appeared to radiate all around her body as well as causing a minor flash explosion. It didn't cause any damage to her surroundings, but it let loose of the cocoon just enough for her to shimmy out. The light kept her cloaked for that short period of time as she grabbed a blade, leapt forward and put the blade up to his throat. Or...at least, she hoped it was such, as her sight still wasn't all that grand.

Aeryn watched her carefully. His smile fading once more when he noticed a small light coming to her mouth once again. “Not this time” he growled to himself as he slipped into the shadows behind him. He watched from the shadows as the room lit up and momentarily the world before his eyes vanished in the light. As it faded he saw that she was now upon where his body previously lay. Her eyes were closed so she wasn’t aware that her blade was bares at rock not at him. He smiled to himself as he shifted and rose up out of the ground beneath her. His movements were silent, as he leaned in close and pressed one hand against hers pushing it into the wall, he knelt down beside her and wrapped his free hand around to hold her tight, with her free arm against her side once more. “That was a cute try, honestly.” He whispered into her ear as he held her firmly in place. “Are you ready to play? using my own hands of course.” He teased, his voice full of amusement

Her hair stood on end as her hand was pressed against the wall and another arm wrapped around her side. She tugged at her hand on the wall, but quickly stopped herself as her wrist flared with pain and she dropped the blade. It clattered to the ground. She stared at the blade. Her lit fingers barely enough reflecting off of it, but any other hint of it being there wouldn't have existed without her. It was dark. Black. She couldn't see the stone and world around her.

Rosen bit her bottom lip as she tried to wiggle, but to no avail. It caused the same issue of ensuing pain in her wrist. "I'll bite your arm if it comes down to it," she murmured. "Sure, it's unsightly and by all means unlady-like, yet, if it sets me free..." she trailed off and heaved a sigh. There was an inkling within her, she knew it wouldn't work. So, finally, she let her shoulders fall and relaxed the best she could while being trapped in darkness.

Aeryn chuckled lightly. “Oh? You’re going to bite me. I mean those fancy teeth gotta be good for something right? But you sure biting me will help you? I might like that y’know.” He teased, then softly nicked the tip of her ear before standing up and hoisting her to her feet. He used shadows to bind her hands and feet as he easily lifted her over his shoulder and began walking. “You’re all bluster, no blister. It’s almost sad how easy this has been. But I don’t know, should Ingive you another chance? Should we expand the game? Prolonging the hunt?” He asked nonchalantly. His breathing wasn’t labored, and his steps true and swift. All traces of his previous injury gone, except for the singed fibers of pants exposing his leg.

Rosen yelped as she felt her ear be toyed with. "You're my enemy you can't just--" she began to say as she was lifted, bound, but cut herself short when she was picked up from off the ground. "You bilge rat, put me down!" she attempted to kick her legs, doing what she could to knee him in the chest at least. "Whether or not I am an assassin, this is unladylike and humiliating." Not that she hadn't already been disgraced more than once that night, this took the cake though.

He had been right about something. As one would assume, her parents were not her birth parents. Due to this, Rosen was unfamiliar with her race. Her parents did what they could to find books about ancient light demons, but it gave her no information on how to navigate all of her powers. And, in this instance, she wanted to fish them up from her deep abyss of demon blood and throw every single ancient power at him. It miffed her that she was just as unfamiliar with her race as she was with his. "I'll play your game..."

"Bilge rat?" He asked curiously. "I may have spent some time in the southern docks, but I assure you I am no such thing." He reassured her laughing. "Don't worry, I will treat you as a lady of your...station." He said as he made his way to a smaller room. he unceremoniously dumped her onto the dirt floor and turned to face a table. "Alright, new game. I'm going to ask questions and you get to answer them. Yes? For every answer I find to my liking I cut a strand loose and then you get to try and escape once more." He said turning to her with syringe in hand once more. "For every wrong answer, well you get a dose of a different little cocktail. Don't worry it wont kill you. I need you alive remember?" He said chuckling as he began walking towards her. He didn't use his shadows to hold her in place like he could have, he wanted to see her shiver and shudder. This game was actually making him shudder with anticipation. It was slightly new to him. New because there wasn't usually joy, or amusement. It normally wasn't a game, more of a simple capture, interrogate, kill process. But he was having fun, and he was loathe to end it just yet. "Tell me now, are we ready tro play? Do you agree to the rules? Please say yes, the alternative is much more physical, and I have a thing about laying hands on the ladies...usually." He added as an afterthought with a shrug before turning his attention back to her.

Rosen gritted her teeth as she was dropped to the ground. She felt scrapes form from the points where she landed, but nothing she couldn't handle. She listened and devoured every word of his. When she saw the syringe in his hand, she couldn't help but subconsciously push on her heels and inch backward toward the cave wall. The thought of anything else beside the darkness and the paralyses he put on her added to the pool, quaked her being. Rosen pulled back her head and sneered. This was all so strange for her. Being tied up. Unable to take down her target. Her entire world flipped itself on its head.

"Yes, I'll play," she grumbled beneath her breath. By this point, she was fine with divulging information about her client. There were very few questions she'd be unwilling to answer, and considering what he had been asking, it was unlikely, at least, she presumed it'd be unlikely that he'd inquire about such things.

He eyed her curiously, taking in all of her actions. Conscious, and subconscious. This was going a little too easily, but she seemed to be genuinely resigned to her situation. He lowered the syringe cautiously before siting back on his rear and watching her. "You know by now attacking me isn't going to go very well for you. Even if I seem unprepared and in an awkward spot. So don't be stupid." He said nonchalantly, not insulting her but just stating a fact. "Who sent you after me? And why do they want me alive?" He asked as he watched her carefully. There was no light this deep in the tunnel, and he had chosen the room specifically for that reason. This light demon was as legends told, weaponizing light? Who knew that was true? He wouldn't take any chances with her. At least he hoped he wasn't taking any chances here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back