Story Magic

LocalRat

I don’t have a super specific timeline for all of this, and all is subject to change, but I wanted to share some of the magic world/system I’ve been imagining for many of my original characters

magic stuff:
Magic is divided into elements, and is a part of every living being.
Magic is bound to everyone’s soul, although not everyone has the ability to control and manipulate an element.

Most people are born without an element and magic ability.
Some a born with an element.
Some are born without an element, but the ability to learn to control magic, and gain an element through training instead.

There’s four elements that people are born with. Very rarely is someone born with a different element than those four.
Water, Fire, Earth and Air, the typical four that most people know about.
Since magic is very connected to a person’s soul and being as a whole, an element depends a lot on their personality and who they are as people.
People who are calm and kind are born with the Water element.
People who are fierce and strong are born with the Fire element.
People who are bold and brave are born with the Earth element.
People who are wise and generally very rational, are born with the Air element.

Since people and their personalities differ and are more complicated than a few simple traits, it is possible to gain multiple elements, with the right training and way of thinking.
Someone’s element can also change many times during their life, all dependant on themselves and what they might be going through.
Knowing yourself and your boundaries are vital steps to gaining more elements.
The more you know about yourself, the more “secrets” you unlock and the more insight you gain about you, is what really opens you up to more elements.

With enough training, you may become able to bond with an animal.
Your two souls will be connected.
The two of you will be able to communicate. You can talk as usual, and the animal will understand.
The animal can make noise as usual, and you will understand.

Some people can forge such strong bonds with their animal friends, that when one of them dies, the other will become weaker, and may die soon after too.
Bonding with an animal like that can be dangerous, and it should be done with consideration and care.
Luckily, due to the strong magic, it can fuel both human and animal, so that they may live for longer, and be more resilient, than they ever naturally could.

In addition to soul bonding with an animal, either party, when dying, can decide to give a part of their soul to the other. Example:
X has bonded with a dog. X is now dying, and can give a part of their soul to their soul bonded animal.
The dog can now live on and be a little stronger than naturally. Its personality can also change a little, depending on its soul bonded partner.
If the dog used to be very energetic, but it soul bonder friend was reserved, the dog may take bits of that and become calmer.
However, giving your soul away while weak and dying is very hard, and it may not always work.

I’m still not sure what to call those who are able to control and manipulate magic, but I have been thinking of calling them “Weavers”.
My thinking/reasoning is that they’re weaving the “complex strings of magic.”

Although magic is natural and it can be found everywhere, as we near the modern and futuristic world, magic is being viewed as a threat. Anyone who is born with magic or shows signs of being a Weaver must be documented. They’re required to attend lessons and schools where they’re taught how to control and use as little magic as possible.
Magic becomes a rare sight in the modern and future world, which may also have contributed to the ignorance and fear regarding Weavers.

Just a thousand years back, magic and Weavers were more common, and although many people were still confused and ignorant, magic was overall accepted.
Somewhere around 1800, the first magic school was started by a Weaver named Asra Helyot and his good friend, Relorviez Wymon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back