• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic school : IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

j.e.s.t.e.r

platonic lesbian
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! Posting order will be updated when I get more people

1. j.e.s.t.e.r j.e.s.t.e.r
2. DarkKitsune DarkKitsune
3. Gus Porter Gus Porter
4. Klaides Tail Klaides Tail

5. SolsticeArcanum SolsticeArcanum
6. Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss
7. Karcen Karcen
8. Lost Echo Lost Echo
9. Galactatech Galactatech
10. JackRipper JackRipper

Rules:
please remain inside the posting order
if you are to take a break, please tell someone so that your character can become a npc, or temporarily disabled.
if you are to go two or more weeks, I will contact you. If contact fails, your character is subject to become an npc, or kicked from the roleplay completely.

Last edited:
Despite the cold weather on that day, a figure wearing a t-shirt and jeans, was walking toward the school. The school that barely anyone got into, and, here they were, the person who had refused to use their magic. Well, that’s what everyone said, anyway. They did use their magic, sometimes. just not often, because they found it pesky and easy to mess up. They had learned that the hard way, because their parents decided not to to teach them. It was one of the reasons they ran away, but they wouldn‘t run away just because of that. More because of other things they had refused to tell anyone. That way, they could forget easier. Or so they thought. The person continued walking toward the school, barely registering the people milling around. They didn’t really have a thing for humans, unless they were in books or drawings.

👻MAKO BAIN👻

Mako woke up that morning to his alarm. For the first time, he hadn’t needed to take his medicine though he knew he would have to lie to his dad about it. He got ready for his new school before darting downstairs with his bag in tow. He shared a few good mornings with his parents and then started eating breakfast. Surprised to not have been asked about the medicine but how he was handling his ‘hallucinations’ and he said the same lie he always did, about how he was handling it all well and that they weren’t that big of an issue. And they wouldn’t be a problem for Mako if they weren’t real, but as it stands, the souls of the dead are in fact real and Mako sees them daily regardless if he wants to or not. He says goodbye to his parents before leaving out the door to start the school year. He walked down the street with a grip on his bag, his light blue eyes scanning over crowds of people, he was looking for two people in particular. And perhaps there weren’t really lots of people out in the streets. He couldn’t tell for sure though. When he saw a girl with white hair and another one with teal hair, he waved them down and met up with the two.

🦎NARAH CHAMILE AND MAIYA CHAL 🧩

Narah had a rough time sleeping that night. She was overwhelmed with excitement, especially considering how difficult it was to get into this school in particular. It made her all the more overjoyed she made it in! And when Maiya made it in as well! And it was like that until…she received news Mako had made it which utterly made her more bitter about going. She felt she shouldn’t be surprised…of course that brainiac made it in! Considering the difficult ‘case’ he and Maiya dealt with back in middle school. As soon as her alarm went off, she was already prepared and went down the stairs for breakfast. Her dad made some eggs and toast and they spoke about his job and how things were going. They also discussed plans for what they were going to do during school break or when she was allowed to visit home. They exchanged good byes before she went to her neighbor Maiya Chal’s house and knocked on the door. The white-haired girl was still in her pajamas. It wasn’t until Maiya saw Narah’s bags did anything click. Maiya ran back inside and ate a quick breakfast after getting dressed and apologized.

“Sorry Narah. My parents woke me up at 3 in the morning to say good bye. It was difficult to go back to sleep.”

Narah retorted.

“I have not slept a wink myself. But I am sure you’ll be your energetic self in a bit.”

Maiya nodded.

“Of course!”

When they went down the street, they were waved down by Mako.

👻🦎🧩 MAKO, NARAH AND MAIYA👻🦎🧩
INTERACTIONS: OPEN

They started walking to school together. Mako nor Narah uttered a word to each other, having gotten into an argument prior, which was not surprising for the illusionist, who was the friend of both of them. Mako gave Maiya some sugar cookies on the way to their new school. Mako even decorated them. One had a light blue background with the internet's perception of a cute little ghost on it. Another one had a Chameleon with a orange background and the last cookie had a white puzzle piece with a light blue, purple and light green gradient background. Mako told Maiya.

“I made these last night. I thought they’d make you feel better over the sudden change.”

Maiya nodded, eating the puzzle cookie.

“And it looks like you thought of all of us with the designs!” She says, though it came out more muffled as she had a cookie stuffed in her mouth.

Narah rolls her eyes, making a remark.

“Glad I was thought of” she said sarcastically.

Mako rolled his eyes.

“Be lucky I thought of you at all.”

Maiya let out a nervous chuckle

“Okay you two! Come on, new school! First day! Try not to kill each other please?”

It went silently from there and the three entered the school building.

Quinn
Mood
Nervous/overwhelmed

Interact
Open

Mention
None

Quinn sat Nervously in the back of the car headphones fixed to their head blasting all of their favorite songs, Leg bouncing up and down uncontrolably. Until this mornign Quinn had been excited about this school getting to learn in one of the most presigious schools around, and they still were but Quinn couldn't shake the worry that filled their mind. Since waking up in that alley they had only truly had one person in their life one person to count on, to take care of them, make sure they ate, washed their teeth, slept in a warm bed, The man they came to call their father and now they were leaving to stay in a dorm at a shcool where they knew nobody this was what worried Quinn.

Their nerves didn't go unnoticed tho as Quinn nervously figited with their suit jacket (Nathan their father made them where a suit on their first day... Something about first impressions.) Nathan looked back from the drivers seat then flicked the interior lights on and off to get the kids attention. Quinn looked up sliding the headphones off their ears. "it's going to be okay... You'll do great I know you will." Nathan offered a soft smile to reasure Quinn tho they weren't all to convinced. " B..But what if I forget to eat or or brush before bed.. What if I am studying and forget that sleep is a thing....." Quinns tone then lowering causeing their next words to come out in a mumble "What if everybody hates me... or they think im weird." Nathan smiled looking at Quinn through the rear view mirror. " Hey. Hey its going to be okay... remember we set up all those alarms on your phone so you don't forget anything plus there are people there to help take care of you guys... now on the second part they wont hate you... Whats not to love your a kind, handsom, charming young..ummmm person?" This made Quinn laugh a little Nathan was admitedly still trying to get used to the whole gender neutral thing but at least he made the effort. "T..thanks.. dad" Quinn managed to get out as the car came to a stop.

With that they said their goodbyes and Quinn nervously walked towards the doors of the school. Their hands fidgeting as they adjusted their Jacket and combed their hands through their hair. Quinn wasn't sure what to do they had never been to school before or at least not that they could remember so they had no clue what to expect. They decided to just observe the other students for now and attempt to saty out of peoples way. As Quinn watched it seemed everyone was mostly just socializing right now some heading for the dorms others just standing around laughing and having a good time so Quinn decided thats what they should do. Saying hi to the next person they saw hoping to make a new friend but unfortunatly they didn't seem to notice Quinns squeaky and nervous little voice. Oh well they probably just didn't hear me Quinn thought as they moved on to the next person. (if anyone wants to be the next person feel free otherwise ill just write something in my next post either way is fine with me!)

[Interactions Open]

Zip. Unzip. Zip.

Kelli's hands shook as she nervously double-checked all of her belongings on the bus to school. Key, money pouch, documents, school supplies, lunch.

She had even packed a box of gummies. She actually hated the stuff, but it seemed to be one of those things everyone liked. Through some childish notion, she believed that it would make her look 'interesting' and grant her some new friends, which Papa said she needed after moving into this new town.

"Well if anything, maybe my new roommate will like them." She said as closed up the box and slipped it back into her bag.

Magic school would be her new start to life. Things had to work. The family business couldn't be relied on for long, not with how unsteady the demand for metal work had been for the last few years. She needed to be different. She needed to succeed and pave the way for her younger siblings to attend school, no matter what it took. Even if it meant doing stupid things like packing gummies.

A wave of dizziness came over her, thanks to the unexpected turn the bus took. Sitting up in her seat to fix her sense of balance, she caught the glimmer of the windows of the magic school just a few blocks ahead.

"Oh lovely. We're already here." She closed her eyes and wished the dizziness to go away. After counting to three, she sharply exhaled, grabbed her bags, and wiped the grimace off her face.

"Okay, first stop, the registrar's office."

Last edited:
Andrei wakes up at 3:00 AM, as he always does, to take his morning hour run. At 4:00 AM he goes to the gym for 3 hours, he trains his upper body for the first hour and a half and lower body in the second hour and a half. At 7:00 AM Andrei takes a quick run back to his apartment, which he lived alone in, he takes a shower and heads right back out for his first day of magic school. Andrei rides his Boss Motor 125cc Motorcycle, the only vehicle he has. There was some difficulty packing his bags but he found a way. The only thing he could do is hope the school has some sort of student parking.

Andrei arrives at the magic school and takes his bags with him into the school whilst smiling widely. Andrei goes around trying to talk with people, but several people avoid him, or come up with an excuse to leave after learning his name, hearing his accent, and seeing the color of his hair. Andrei's smile didn't fade even after a single person left.

The first few conversations went the same. "Hello! My name is Andrei! What is you-" Andrei was cut off. "Sorry! I hear my friend calling me!" But they just ran off from him. Yet he kept smiling.

There were some other conversations where people didn't know who he was but were pulled away by friends who did know. "Hello! My name is Andrei! What is your name?" The person who didn't know who he was answered, but they were cut off. "Hey. My name is-" The knowing friend grabs the unknowing friend's arm. "Hey, let's go somewhere else..." The knowing friend pulled them away and told them who he was. "That's the person I was telling you about the other day, the 'Red Devil'." Andrei could hear their conversation despite how hushed they were, he could always hear better than what others could, it wasn't the best sometimes. Yet he kept smiling.

The last couple of people he spoke with didn't even bother speaking back to Andrei, they just ignored his being there and tried to walk away. Yet he kept smiling.

(If anyone wants to speak with him they can. It's your choice whether to have your characters know who the 'Red Devil' is or isn't, and whether they know that Andrei is the 'Red Devil'. I need to sleep, so if you need to contact me I should be up after 12:00 PM EST)

scroll
Stella

Walking to dormhall

Open for interaction

None

Stella fixed up her outfit as she got out of the taxi that brought her to her new school. She silently handed the driver their money while grabbing her bag and suitcase out of the trunk. She watched a few people for a bit. Some seemed excited about the start of school, while some seemed not so excited. There were definitely some different people around here. Stella felt fairly indifferent about the start of school. Her parents had thought this would be a good place for her, but she wasn't sure.

She started walking towards what she assumed was her dorm room, glancing down at the notes app on her phone to remember which room was her own. She made sure to stay out of peoples way, she didn't really want to converse with people...she had to prepare to meet whoever her roommate was.

♡coded by uxie♡

Vivi Veil
Mentions:
03339e1837a940269ca90d8aaa159f730cd6e8fe.png

Vivi Inhaled deeply taking in a large puff of smoke before letting it out. She was to young to smoke, but she had ways and unlike many she didn't really have to worry about the side effects of smoking. Still she would at least feign obeying rules as she was going to this school for it's name. It was like going to Harvard or some other place like that. You paid not for the education even if it was good but to be able to say you graduated from it when trying to convince people of how smart you were. Vivi could likely do without the name on a bit of paper, but well all the help you could get was worth it. If she was just a year older she would have drove to this school, but well she needed to wait a bit longer to get a license even if she had already gone through a track for more dangerous than the normal road.

Vivi took another puff and flicked the butt of the cigarette away, that would be her last for a bit, it was a good thing she didn't actually need the nicotine or anything. She kind of smoked because she could and she didn't see a reason not to while she was protected by her rituals. As when it came to protection the leather pouch filled with ashes that hung around her neck kept the guardians spirits around her. She could see the half there dead that watched over her, though she had noticed it was not always the same spirits so she didn't think she was enslaving them to follow her. The ghosts were not her only charms wards against negative health and bad luck. Really the internet was great they made up rituals and gave them rewards and she could do them for long as she didn't make them up they worked.

Really the biggest unknown for Vivi right now with all her rituals was the unluckily person that would be sharing a room with her, as not even a fucking wish had gotten the damned school to just give her a dorm to herself. Well whoever had to put up with vivi and her magic would have to get used to getting kicked out regularly. Well whatever Vivi would just buy them a hotel for the night if the bitched about what she did.

Dezi jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped. The three hour drive was enough to drive her insane. She needed to move. She could hear her mom’s calls to wait, but the young girl was already at the back. “C’mon Mom!” She drummed her fingers on the trunk, eager to get going. Plus, if her spell had worn off, she’d have to redo it without her mother seeing. As her mother, dear as she was, did not believe in magic. She did not know the few spells their neighbor had been teaching Dezi when she was over ‘to help.’ She did not know this school, famous though it was, was actually for magic as well as academics. She just knew the difficulty of entering and she was proud of her daughter for making it.

Resigned, her mother opened the trunk as she climbed out of the vehicle. Hurriedly, Dezi raised the lid and grabbed at her bag. It was so heavy! The spell had faded. Frowning, but knowing time was of the essence, Dezi pulled out her juju knife and traced a pattern in the air. A spray of powder on the suitcase and once more the overstuffed bag was featherlight. Yanking it out with ease as her mother came around the car, she was quick to grunt, pretending it was still heavy.

I can help with that you know.” Her mother’s voice was wry; she’d failed to convince her daughter to ask for help 3 hours ago when they were at their house. She doubted she could now.

I got it,” the expected reply came. Dezi set down her luggage, then turned back to her mother.

Pulling one of her twisted curls, her mother spoke with the warm tones she favored, “Be careful and take care of yourself. It’ll be different without me getting you up in the morning.

With a snort, Dezi replied, “I can survive without smelling your burnt toast Mom.” The two laughed before the young girl was enveloped in a hug.

I love you. Call me if you need anything.

Squeezing back, she nodded, her eyes stinging. She was going to miss her mom. But independence was the Leopard People’s way. And now it had to be hers. Gathering her suitcase in two hands, she head into the school.

Immediately she was inundated with other kids. She couldn’t keep her grin contained. All of these kids had magic. Just like her. Going to the first one, she spoke, “Excuse me, I’m looking for the dorms? Can you point me in the right direction?” They’d just started talking to another kid in a squeaky voice. She figured one of the two of them could help her at least. "I'm Dezi, by the way."

Rigor arrived at the school. The young Shador-Kai Elf wore his companion, Mortis on him like a cloak. it was fitting considering Mortis was a Cloaker. The 11-year old boy seemed to hover as he made his way through the halls. So many things going on, so many people...potential threats. His dread helmet shrouded his face and magic concealed his true voice as he went to get his information regarding where his dorm was. He approached the front desk.

"I am Rigor D'Kay, I was told that I would be able to get my dorm information here." He said in a dark, menacing voice." He spoke to the person there. They were intimidated. This was good. it meant his Persona was working as intended. Without saying anything else, He accepted his dorm key, syllabus and textbooks. With his 'cloak' flowing on it's own. he cast a scrying spell to show him to his room.

The person looked over when someone came over to them. "Oh, hi?" They said, confused. "Do you need something?" They asked. They hadn’t expected anyone to walk up to them, with their headphones pulled tight over their ears and a hood covering their eyes. Or so they had thought.
As another person walked over to the first person, the person tried to scurry away but there were people surrounding the group. Suddenly feeling claustrophobic, they closed their eyes and tried to concentrate. Too many people. They bit the inside of their cheek and, knowing they probably wouldn’t be able to get out of the situation without using magic, slowly conjured a fireball and let it sit on the palm of their hand, waiting for someone to notice and back away. It worked in their old school, but here, where everyone used their magic often and probably didn’t care, it probably wouldn’t. Because they didn’t want to put anything on the ground and therefor couldn’t use water, they slowly took off their hood and let the fireball go on top of their head and rushed to the bathroom, letting it singe their hair slightly before putting out the fire.

interaction: Dezy, Quinn
( Gus Porter Gus Porter and Lost Echo Lost Echo )

👻🦎🧩MAKO BAIN, NARAH CHAMILE
AND MAIYA CHAL
👻🦎🧩

The three students were trying to find their way to the front office for their schedule and dorm keys, when Mako spaced out for a bit. Mako was fidgeting with the sleeve of his hoodie and, in a subtle manner, making glances at Maiya and Narah. There were too many people, and he couldn’t tell how many were alive or how many were dead. So Maiya suggested they do a test. He ended up wanting to curl into a ball even more. Mako hadn’t meant to ask this thought out loud.

“Even a magic school has ghosts?”

But he did and Narah retorted in a mocking tone of voice.

“EvEn A MagGIc ScHoOl HaS LivIng”

Mako sighed and Maiya punched Narah in the shoulder.

“We’ve talked about this!”

Narah looked like a kicked puppy, something caught Maiya’s attention though, and before Mako or Narah could process it, they had left them. After Maiya left, Mako abandoned Narah as well. Narah stomped her way in a different direction.

👻MAKO BAIN👻
INTERACTION: SolsticeArcanum SolsticeArcanum

Mako walked away from where Narah and Maiya were after Maiya decided to bounce. He saw a kid who looked a year or two older than he was with red hair trying to converse with other students but it seemed to fail repeatedly. other people saw him though…does that mean he isn’t dead? Well, if that’s the case, it was a relief, but it was hard to tell. Mako went back to the mission he and his friend and enemy had of looking for the front office.

‘This place is like a maze!’

He thought. As he walked around confused. Perhaps splitting up would have been easier if they had discussed that option, but it sure was a pain! And they didn’t even discuss doing that. Maiya just ran off, and Mako didn’t want to deal with Narah’s bull. Mako had felt a nauseous feeling in the pit of his stomach.

‘So many people…dead and alive…’

Going to a new school was overwhelming, no matter how much it benefited your future. Especially when you aren’t good at socializing with people. Eventually, he bumped into someone. It was the red-haired boy he had seen earlier.

“I’m sorry person!”

He just to hope he wasn’t dead.

🧩MAIYA CHAL🧩
INTERACTION: Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss

Maiya felt bad moments after she left the two enemies alone after that debacle. Well, it wasn’t really much of a debacle, just Maiya’s Chameleon-like friend being crude to her future seeing friend. Maiya wondered if Mako had seen anything. But he hadn’t mentioned he had drawn fate nor had he blacked out for envisioned to kick in. It happened moments before what he saw. She had known him long enough to see the signs. So, with all that out of the way, why did she leave them alone? She saw a girl with black hair wearing this beautiful outfit! She couldn’t help herself. She had to compliment the outfit!

She then realized for a second that Mako had been right awhile prior about her having the attention span of a walnut. But she wasn’t going to admit that. Maiya wasn’t exactly running as much as she was floating. She said energetically.

“Love your outfit! It’s so pretty! I love the moon and the sun and starry theme!”

🦎NARAH CHAMILE🦎
INTERACTION: OPEN

While Maiya ran off to who knows where and Mako was looking for the front office, Narah was currently seething in her own private bubble. She wasn’t looking as much as she was watching how both of them somehow ended up interacting with people. In her mind it was weird. Ghosty was talking to people? Or, well, he accidentally bumped into someone. She didn’t recognize him, though not that she’d care. And she’d known how Maiya was. The outfit thing was how they met a couple of weeks before middle school. Maiya just loved other people's outfits. Regardless of what she knew, she felt like this was some sort of mistake even though in her subconscious she knew it was dramatics. She was just bitter over Mako still making it in. After screaming out her frustrations in her head, she went back to look for the front office. But her facial expression still read she was ready to punch something or someone and she didn’t exactly care who. This fourteen-year-old got lost quickly. In contrast to her enemy, who had a better direction sense, she felt like separation was the dumbest thing ever.

[Interaction: Kelli x Narah - DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ]

"And here are your dorm keys!" The sweet lady at the front desk handed Kelli her keys, a campus map, and other informational pamphlets she would need to start the school year.

Kelli received the items with a smile. "Thank you." She was about to leave when she remembered a question she had wanted to ask.

"Oh, by the way, I also had a question about-"

Suddenly this voice boomed out of nowhere- "I am Rigor D'Kay, I was told that I would be able to get my dorm information here."

Kelli nearly jumped in surprise at seeing this very broody-looking character appear near her, cloaked in ominous garb and sporting a helmet on his head. Before she could even react, he was gone. After a few moments, she broke her frozen stare with a nervous laugh, side-eyeing the lady who gave her the keys. "Are... are all kids here this edgy...?"

The lady simply gave a noncommittal shrug and an innocent smile before helping another student in line.

Already a little tired, Kelli exited into the hallway. There, she was greeted by more of the same theatrics - some kid with wall-climbing powers fell in front of her trying to show off to his new friends, another two kids chased each other with magically-grown vines, and yet another kid accidentally manipulated a beam of light into Kelli's face. Inwardly, she wondered how the teachers would handle these rowdy students.

'One of these kids is going to be my roommate.' She sighed exasperatedly. 'I hope it's not Riggerdecay or whatever that kid said his name was.'

Suddenly she remembered she hadn't asked the question she had back in the office. Off to the side, she noticed a girl with bright ombre hair, who although was wearing a miffed expression on her face, seemed normal enough to approach.

"Hi! My name's Kelli.. uh, sorry to bother you, but would you happen to know where the dorms are? I have this map but it's so confusing..."

Last edited:
Andrei didn't stop trying to talk with people, which made more and more failed attempts on his part. Then he heard a voice from behind him apologizing. Andrei turned his head back to see a guy, who looked a couple years younger than him, with; short black hair, blue eyes, purple jacket, dark pants, satchel, and boots. (Andrei always takes note of a person's appearance when talking to them, so he could know what he could use to converse about.) From what he could tell, the guy bumped into him but Andrei didn't really notice it.

Andrei fully turned to young guy who bumped into him, his golden eyes wide and brightened by the lights above them, and his usual smile wasn't there, his appearance now much more intimidating and angry looking. Then Andrei opened his mouth to speak, "Are you alright?" Andrei says with concern in his voice, due to how timid and apologetic the guy who bumped into him was. He wasn't mad at the young guy, he was worried about him, afraid that he was hurt.

The younger guy(Mako) may notice that there are three people who were close behind Andrei; two of which were as young as him and one of them was much older than him, to old to be a student. The two younger guys look to each other, they seem to talk with one another, but when their mouths move nothing would come out. The older guy just looks down at the kid who bumped into Andrei, his eyes were a deep grey and they looked tired.

Interaction: Younger guy/ Mako Bain DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Vivi Veil
Mentions:
03339e1837a940269ca90d8aaa159f730cd6e8fe.png

Vivi saw nothing to intresting some people had ghosts with them and while she did as well hers weren't all there. They were more indistinct like they were melted, not because of anything Vivi had done but because they weren't truly bound to this world. They were guardian spirits invoked to watch over her and not truly bound so part of them was elsewhere. Vivi did wonder which of these people would be bunking with her a cute girl would be nice.

" Hmm I might need a love ritual " Vivi joked to herself

The moment she was noticed, Desi started to back away, realizing this kid needed space. Her eyes widened, and she raised her hands to her waist, showing her open palms. “Sorry, I’m just a bit l--woah”Awe filled her voice as she watched the fireball appear out of nothing. It probably should have scared her, but instead she couldn’t be more enthralled. “That’s so cool. How’d you--” She cut herself off, surprised when they shook their hood off, placing the ball of flame on top. Somehow, that did seem worrisome, moreso when the kid darted off, heading to the bathroom. Especially with the lingering stench of burnt hair left behind.

Glancing back at the first kid for their reaction, Dezi decided to follow. She couldn’t go in, of course, so she leaned against the wall of the entrance and called, “That was wicked. I mean, I should be apologizing for freaking you out, but your magic was so cool. How long have you known about magic? I only found out last month, so this is all a bit of a whirlwind.” She paused, went over what she said and added, “I am sorry for that. I can be a bit much.” She wasn't sure what it was about her that scared them off. Was it her afro? Her skin? Something only those with magic could see? She scuffed her shoe against the tile. “If you want me to go, just stay quiet and I’ll leave.” Then to herself she muttered, “Way to go Dez. A freak already.

Speaks to: j.e.s.t.e.r j.e.s.t.e.r
Mentions (vaguely): Gus Porter Gus Porter

The kid sighed. "What do you want?" They asked, leaning against the corner of of the bathroom. They were pretty much done with people, and didn't want to talk to more than they had to. "And.. I mean, I guess I learned it when I was nine.." They didn't want to say anymore, and instead observed the floor tiles. What did this girl want, anyway? It wasn't like they were some strange specimen, just waiting to be observed.

mention : Lost Echo Lost Echo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back