• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Magic among Thieves

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
Magic among Thieves

Being a thief, it isn't simply a job, it is a lifestyle. That lifestyle can be both dangerous and exciting. But stealing something isn't the game, it is getting away with it. Profiting from it is just icing on the cake.

One can't get out of the lifestyle, it sticks like glue. There are many aspects though. One is taking possessions of other people, the other is taking those possessions back. Stealing from another thief is fun, especially if you are in love with said thief.

Magicicans and Thieves share many qualities. Tricks to capture something, whether it is attention or items. A magician makes people happy, a thief tries to make themselves happy first and foremost.

A person who is both? They are the true Masters.

I recently came up with a romance roleplay based around thieves and I would like someone to play the female part. It's modern day roleplay..with maybe a hint of magic.

My character is a retired thief turned magician. He'd become a thief at a very young age after he lost his father in an accident, stealing things to make a living. By the time he'd turned eighteen, he'd made plenty of successful heists. But stealing didn't make him happy. With the money he'd made, he decided to become a magician, following in his father's footsteps. He wanted to give something back, to make up for the things he'd done.

But in his heart he was still a thief and never felt calm about his crimes. At twenty one he became a thief once again and put his magician skills to the test. He became a sort of vigilante, stealing back the things he'd originally stolen, though some of the objects were irretrievable. This ate at him and as a way to make things right, he began stealing from other thieves.

He hid his identity behind a mask and continued to make a decent living as a magician. At least by day. But at night, he kept his eyes and ears open and stole from the thieves of the city, sometimes even right after a crime was committed. Sometimes his thefts were almost like magic.

The second character, the character my partner would be playing, is a young female thief around the same age as mine. She's beautiful and very good at her trade, enjoying the excitement of the theft, not the money although it is a nice perk.

That is all. Other than that particular character trait, the character is free for manipulation and creativity. How she became a thief, why she did, it is all my partner's control.

My character is a master thief, able to steal anything from anybody and has never failed to miss his target. This becomes the trigger that activates this romance. My partner's character steals something one night and like any other time, my character steals it back.

But unlike any other time, this girl manages to retake the object stolen and get away with it. This has never happened to him before. From then on, it becomes a game of cat and mouse with him sometimes beating her and her sometimes beating him.

As this happens, they grow closer and begin falling in love, even without knowing each other.

That is as far as I've gotten. I'd like to discuss more with my partner. We can make a thread or do pms, either is fine with me.

Now time to post what I'd like to see.

At least a paragraph. To me a paragraph is four sentences. I would love more of course. No one-liners please.

Decent grammar is preferred. I'm not perfect, I make plenty of mistakes, but I'd like to be able to understand the person I am roleplaying with.

I guess this plot is first come first serve. I would also like a minor sample of your roleplaying skill a simple paragraph would do just fine.

Of course, I am always up for more roleplays so even if this plot is taken, feel free to pm me with ideas or post them here.

Hi! Your idea sounds really unique and interesting, and I would love to role play it with you. Feel free to PM me. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back