• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magic 8 Ball

Life.

Forever Wandering
Supporter
Note At the current moment I see this roleplay with a more light-hearted setting, but there will be some conflict presented which brings drama. I am also trying to keep this as realistic as possible, besides the fact that people are receiving superhuman powers from an object. I will be making out these points later on on exactly what I mean by "realistic". For now continue reading on and I hope to catch your interest. Life out~

Magic Eight Ball

Without a Doubt​
Have you ever wanted to be a superhero? Perhaps a wizard? Or maybe experience feelings that you have never felt before? Well for a particular group of friends these desires are soon to be granted.

Years after an explosion to a mad scientist's lab and a magic 8 ball toy is found intact among all the ashes. It was found by a group of teens who were bored and wanted to explore the haunted grounds. Turns out though that this magic 8 ball wasn't a toy. The teens learned this soon enough when one began flying or the other was able to punch through walls. So what happened? Well from what the teens concluded the magic 8 ball somehow granted them superhuman powers.

Later on the teens will soon learn that these powers aren't permanent. In fact they can learn other abilities if they are lucky enough to receive them. The powers last only a week as they will soon learn. How fast they learn the basics of the ability is entirely up to the individual. Who knows they may be lucky and end up with the same ability twice in a row. It all is up to the magic 8 ball.
Strive to Live
Details of Rp:
> Powers are given at random. We will be using this external site just for rolling dice: https://rolz.org/
> These abilities last only for a week in the roleplay, but in real time I will be following it as 10 days just to allow some time for users to engage with the ability. So 10 days in real time = 1 week in the roleplay.
> The age range will be 13 - 16.
> The setting will be in the early 2000s. So no smartphones, smart watches, tablets, laptops, or anything of the kind. Handheld gaming devices, portable disc player, iPods, and whatnot are acceptable.
> The teens will all know each other.
> I am looking for a small enough group to manage so I'll only be looking for 4-5 more people to join me and Arky.
> There will be a set deadline of 3 days all of the CS for people who want to join once the thread is up.
Learn to Love
Rules & Requirements:
> Since this roleplay will be time driven I would like to see posts within a 3 day span. So there will be a 3 day time window that I would like you to respond in. Once every 10th day is reached members will be asked to roll for new abilities.
> Posting length will be minimum of 1-2 paragraphs. If you feel as though you cannot reach the length asked please feel free to ask for help!
> Rpn rule apply
> Usual rping etiquette apply as well (no godmodding, bunnying, mary sues, etc.)
And Care to Trust
Creator's Note:
The co-GM of this roleplay is the lovely izayoiix izayoiix . If you have questions and I am not online feel free to ask her. We both have a say in what goes, but we are willing to listen to reasons. This roleplay will allow much creative liberty. I am trusting users to creatively think of the levels at which teenagers should be learning superhuman abilities (which is not quick) and how to respond to situations appropriately and realistically. I realize the standards of what I would consider "acceptable" will be different from yours, but if I see that something appears off I will discuss it with my co-GM and have two minds rather than one determining the standards for the post. If I receive enough interaction from my members then I will be even asking others, in turns, to see how they interpret someone else's post and see how they see what is "acceptable."

Okay so that is all I have to say for now. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope that you will express your interest!

Last edited:
Yes anyone is free to join~!

I just tagged people to see if maybe they'd be interested, if you know others who may be interested feel free to tag them!

First off I would like to first express my gratitude for all of y'alls interest in this roleplay idea.

Second, I will be creating the appropriate pages for the roleplay within the next couple of days.

Third, note that once the character sheet page is created and I have posted my character there will be a three day window for sheets to come in. This is to help get started with the 3-day guideline. Now you all are free to decorate your sheets to how you want. But if this will extend your time past the three day mark then just post the required fields for the sheet. We'll be looking at content over aesthetics. If we see though that not enough applications are going through within the 3 day window then I'll extend it.

I know this may seem fast-paced and somewhat intimidating. Don't worry this is my first time actually placing deadlines in a roleplay and actually having something fast-paced so this should be an interesting experience for all of us.

Feel free to throw any questions you have at me~

I'm considering joining but lately I haven't had the energy to rp at all, so I'm not sure if I'd have the energy to post as frequently as needed. Since the post length requirement isn't high I'm considering trying though haha.

I placed a 3-day post frequency more for allowing a timeline for when powers will be changed over. I will admit that I am not 100% sure if it'll stick although I feel that Arky will push me to follow it :P. If it doesn't I'll figure out another way around the timing and selection of new abilities.

Well I'd like to try to stick to what we set lol
But if necessary we could probably just extend the time frames as needed. I doubt it would be an issue.

Hey this looks really cool! Do you guys have a plot in mind? Also, are characters first come first serve or will the GM's select the characters?

Semblance Semblance
Yes there is a plot in mind, but first the teens will need to learn at least the basics for some of the abilities before it will be introduced to them~ And characters will be selected once the time window closes. I am currently working on the pages at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back