• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

PC Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaerri

Dannigan's Lady
Administrator
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• Posting Color: Teal (#00b3b3)

Name: Maggie
    Race: Human
    Sex: Female

Hair: Brown / Shoulder Length
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5'4 (163 cm)
    Weight: 120 lb (55 kg)

Languages: Common

Alignment: Neutral Good

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you not wish a last name for your character? I normally have no problems admitting characters with only the first name, should conditions dictate so. I realize she was adopted and thus cannot know her mother's name, but perhaps she could have adopted a last name as well? Maybe of someone in the Temple, some person who was her caretaker and of whom she grew fond of enough to call the father she never had? Or she might have made up a name for herself, any name, maybe based on something she loved when growing up, anything? Of course, if you prefer to stick with just "Maggie" that is on all accounts fine by me ;)

I filled out the Power section for a healer. You should read the newly added Healing Magic section in the Archives (in the book on magic).

Also, have you decided on your starting equipment? Inventory is a loose term in Amaranth, but it should be clear what your main couple of items are. Is it ok to start with a Holy Symbol of the Maker for your power, getting a staff later? So then you could have a knife on the side? Or do you want to start with a basic staff already?

No, no last name, though usually my characters have at least made-up last name. She doesn't see the need for one - she feels that "Maggie, priestess of the Maker" is who she is and all that she needs for her identity.

As far as starting equipment, I'd like to start with a Holy Symbol for her power, but I do want an ordinary staff for staff things (walking stick, combat, etc.). I think that fits her better as a wandering priestess than just a knife. She probably ought to have a scripture book or the equivalent as well, and perhaps a set of ceremonial robes (as opposed to everyday robes). The rest I suppose we can leave vague?

Yes, yes, of course. Given how there's no inventory system, everything is vague except weapons and key items. It is assumed, for the sake of simplicity, that someone will always have a handy length of rope, for example, as well as that you can always afford at least the cheapest food, drink and lodging. Symbol+staff is ok.

Then this character is complete! :) Welcome to Amaranth *bark*

See you in the next chapter ;) (we'll work out your actual insertion via PM)

New picture.

Maggie - ESOsm2.png

Thanks to The Elder Scrolls Online character creation

Edited posting color for the new theme. Going through other posts for editing likewise. Signature seems good enough, I just picked a too-bright blue-green posting color for a white background. :)

I like to pick a song for my characters; something to help me get back into character when other things have filled my head. Sometimes I know the song right off, sometimes it takes a while. For Maggie, I was apparently looking in the wrong places, thinking she'd be a Clannad type (or maybe Enya). On the contrary, she popped into my head while I was listening to Pat Benatar in the car, and declared Pat to be her favorite singer. Well, OK then! After some discussion and looking-up of lyrics, Maggie and I have decided on All Fired Up. It's positive, it's fast-paced and a little loud, and she especially likes the refrain.

[media]

[/media]
Livin' with my eyes closed, goin' day to day

I never knew the difference, I never cared either way

Lookin' for a reason, searchin' for a sign

Reachin' out with both hands, I gotta feel the kick inside

All fired up

(Now I believe there comes a time)

All fired up

(When everything just falls in line)

All fired up

(We live an' learn from our mistakes)

All fired up, fired up, fired up, hey

Ain't nobody livin' in a perfect world

And everybody's out there, cryin' to be heard

And now I got a new fire, burnin' in my eyes

Lightin' up the darkness, movin' like a meteorite

All fired up

All fired up

All fired up

All fired up, fired up, fired up

(The deepest cuts are healed by faith)

Now I believe there comes a time

When everything just falls in line

We live an' learn from our mistakes

The deepest cuts are healed by faith

Now I believe

All fired up

All fired up

All fired up

All fired up, fired up, fired up, hey

(The deepest cuts are healed by faith)

Pat Benatar - All Fired Up Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I never would have guessed! Though the lyrics do make sense if you think about it.

And I tend to associate music with my characters as well :) I'm literally dying over here - have been for months - to share a specific character's theme but it would be downright revealing so I'm holding out ;) *bark*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back