• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mafia Marriage (Private with Hell0NHighWater)

His eyes followed her as she got up and went into the closet. Giovanni rolled over on his stomach, letting his legs tangle with the blankets as a sigh flew past him. His gaze found her again when she came back out and for a second he wondered what he had done to deserve a woman so completely and utterly perfect. He sat up on his forearms, looking over at her with a smirk. "I know some other things I could help you with too." He teased, finally getting out of bed and slipping some sweat pants on. Gio didn't bother with a shirt, moving over to his wife placing a kiss where her shoulder and neck joined. "She's normally out of her mind you know, worry doesn't change things." He quipped, pinching her butt lightly before heading out of the master bedroom and towards the kitchen on the first floor of the house. 

Marcy swatted him on the arm before racing down before him. She handed the phone to him, with a stern look before turning to the cupboards to see what to make.

She finally decided on steak and a summer salad.

She hummed a Sinatra song as she heated up the grill and seasoned the steaks, deciding to make enough if the rest of the family came over to join them.

Giovanni made a face at his wife but took the phone anyway. He dialed his mother's number absently. The phone barely rang once before her voice was on the other end. "Ciao?" He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Ciao, momma." Was his reply, she gasped on the other end a string of Italian curses followed instantly after. He pulled the phone away from his ear and winced. "GIOVANNI PETRO D'AMICO!! WHY DID YOU WORRY ME SO? IS MARCY OKAY!?" He tensed at the middle name, scowling a bit like a kicked puppy. He hated his middle name with a passion. "Si, Momma. She's fine, sorry to worry you." He grumbled vaguely listening to the woman as she ranted. He grumbled his apologies where she paused and sent a glare over at his wife like it was all her fault he was getting harassed by his mother. After a half hour of bickering and assuring her that Marcy was in fact fine he hung up with a sigh. "Why are all the women in my life so pushy?" He asked no one in particular grabbing the plates to set the table for the two of them. 

-A year or so later-

Giovanni had promised Marcy a night to remember. Something to celebrate their very first anniversary and perhaps create a tradition for the years to come. He had picked her up at six on the dot, dressed in a full blown tux with a bowtie. His hair was slicked back and parted down the left side, he almost looked as if he had stepped back in time to the '50s. He grinned from ear to ear when he saw her and to be frank hadn't stopped grinning since. She was probably the most breath taking creature on the face of the planet. So now here they sat in a fancy restaurant with chandeliers glittering and the band playing a lot of Frank Sinatra. Gio had spread some money around to have them play select albums from different artists that he knew Marcy liked. 

Giovanni stood at the start of a new song, holding his hand out to her. "I've got you under my skin," He sang quietly along with the first part of the song before winking at her. "Dance with me, babygirl." He mused waiting for her to take his hand. 

Marcy just laughed and kisses him.

-a year or so-

Marcy had spent most of the day getting ready. She had slid into a polka-dot dress and curled her red mane before pinning it half-up tastefully. Upon seeing her husband and where they went to Dinner, Marcy knew that tonight was going to be one she wouldn't forget. Plus, she had a surprise present of her own to give Gio.

Marcy smiled and stood, taking his hand. She leaned up and kissed him, her left hand glinting from its place on his shoulder. She look up at him as they swayed and smiled brightly. "Gio...I love you." She whispered. 

She moved closer and stretched up to whisper in his ear. "Felice Anniversario, papà..." she grinned, biting her lip as she went back down to her feet.

He swung her around, moving with the beat of the music as they swished across the dance floor. He kissed her back, holding her as close to him as possible. "I love you too, Marcy." He smiled, bringing the hand that he was holding up slightly to kiss it. He twirled her around before bringing her even closer, watching from the corner of his eye as she leaned up to his ear. His brows furrowed in confusion, a bit baffled as to why she just called him Dad. Gio swayed with her quietly not really understanding for a good moment until it hit him. 

Dad.

His eyes lit up and he started laughing struggling to keep the volume of his boisterous laughter down. "You mean..?" He couldn't finish that grin threatening to split his entire face in half. 

Marcy grinned back. She nodded her head, eyes sparkling. "I took a test this morning." She said back. "You're gonna be a daddy!" She bounced, even as they continued to dance.

Just then, there was a crash on the far side of the restaurant, a man had pushed some tables aside and stood, facing the couple with a gun in hand, pointed straight at Marcy. "I warned you D'Amico...She comes with me till I get my money." He said, eyes narrowed and angry. It was a crime boss from a couple cities over, a very poor and run-down city.

Marcy stood tall and removed herself from Gio's arms. "Please listen. I'll come with you, just...don't hurt anyone please." She held her hands out, moving towards the man slowly. She anticipated what Gio would try to do. "Gio, baby, don't move."

He smiled widely, unable to contain how happy he was in that second. The noise caused him them to stop dancing and the band to stop playing abruptly. Gio's happy expression fell and before he could even do something she was walking away from him. He growled under his breath moving forward with her, grasping her hand tightly and pulling her back with such force that she knocked right into his chest. He moved her around him, using himself as a shield. "You are the mother of my unborn children, like fucking hell I am going to let you go with some psychopath. Not again." He snapped at her, his eyes wild with a protective anger that he never knew he had. Looking back over at the man with a gun. 

"I remember you, Michael Brovasio." There was a sort of cold anger floating in his voice. 

"My father ran you out of town as soon as you failed to pay tribute. Waste management doesn't look fondly on weasels." He egged the man, waiting for the guards to move in. Gio wasn't stupid enough to go to a restaurant without packing extra security. 

Michael grinned malevolently. "Now see, Mrs. D'Amico had the right idea. And I know you're stalling for time...did you think I came here alone?"

Marcy screamed as someone grabbed her from behind, yanking her away from Gio. Without thinking, she snapped her head back and as the man was dazed, she brought her foor up and kicked back, stabbing the man with her heel while also pushing him away. She blew a strand of red-hair out of her face. "I still got it!" She smiled happily, already dropping into a fighting stance as her eyes scanned her surroundings.

There were far off sounds of gun fire and some much closer, Gio's men fighting Brovasio's

He felt like there was some sort of weight pressing down on his chest, an anger that boiled beneath his skin. When Marcy broke away he had to hold himself back from rushing to her aid, knowing full well that she was a big girl and could take care of herself. Even so, he pulled her back behind him as soon as her attacker was on the floor in a crumpled heap. Gio's hard gaze never left the asshat standing across the room, noting the way that he held the gun. If he was going to move he was going to have to do so quickly to make sure no harm came to Marcy or his kid. 

The weapon fire outside caused his mouth to run dry, praying for once that they would make it out of this alive. The other patrons of the restaurant scrambled around in panic, giving Giovanni enough of a distraction to flip the table in front of them and pull Marcy down behind it. A few shots shook the table, but the wood was thick enough to keep the projectiles from causing any real harm. Placing his hands on her arms, his grip tightened a bit on her in a frantic need to keep her safe. 

"Stay here."

He whispered seriously, taking a gun from his ankle holster and kissing the top of her head. Flying around the cover of the table he took the time Michael used to reload in order to put himself behind another makeshift shelter. 

"I'm not stupid, Brovasio. You, on the other hand have a very questionable intelligence." Giovanni mused, grimacing as a stray bullet lodged itself in his right shoulder. 

Marcy scowled at her husband as he commanded her and moved away. "Like hell I'll stay here." She mumbled. She pushed the skirt of her dress up until she could pull the two daggers from their holsters that she had hid on her upper thigh. She peeked up behind her table and saw that Michael was focused on Gio. Taking a moment to slid of her heels and pull on flats from her purse, Marcy ran to another flipped over table, to the side of the man facing off with her husband. On the way, her dagger sliced through one man's Achilles heel and across another man's chest.

"Is that right D'Amico? The way I see it...I have the upper hand."

He nodded to the left.

"Gio!" Marcy cried, eyes wide and fearful as two men held her between them. They had snuck up behind her, disabling her quickly and taking her daggers. One of the men held another knife to her belly, waiting for an order. 

Michael spoke up. "Now, she's coming with me and you can have her back, after I get my money. Boys, take her to the van." They moved quickly, despite Marcy's struggling to the back door of the restaurant where a black van waa parked.

"Gio!" Marcy screamed one last time before the doors slammed shut and the van sped away.

His jaw clenched so hard he thought that the pressure might shatter his teeth. She could have listened to him, just once. Then maybe she wouldn't have been hovering between two men with a knife at her stomach. Threatening his own life was one thing, but Marcy and his child's? There was a line there that shouldn't have been crossed and he prayed Michael knew that he was a dead man. After a stunt like that he'd get his money alright, he'd jam it down his throat until the man choked to death. His fists clenched, itching to make contact with one of the thugs. His free hand dug into his shoulder, not caring that the wetness that pooled on his clothes was his own blood. 

Giovanni wasn't going to beg, he wasn't even going to utter a single sentence in response to his wife being dragged off in front of him. 

The swirling glaciers of aquamarine rage said enough; Michael Brovasio was a dead man walking. 

Gio was going to find Marcy and he wasn't going to give a damn about the consequences. 

When the restaurant had finally quieted and the shooting had ceased, another man walked up to Gio. Attentively shifting from one foot to the other as he waited for the boss man to speak. The Italian had only been in such a rage two other times in his life, but he was fairly sure that this moment topped them all. The things he was going to do to Brovasio would have made another person queasy.  

"Find him."

Gio finally said, voice like an eerie calm before the storm. 

"I should deliver his money personally." 

Marcy whimpered and curled on on herself as the men tossed her onto the cold concrete floor of the hideout. She took a moment to catch her breath before she started laughing. Michael turned to her.

"Do you really think you'll get your money and still walk out alive?" The D'Amico woman spoke, between dark chuckles. The man bent to look at her and tilted her chin up. "I don't care too much about the money. I care more about teaching the bastard D'Amico and his family, a  lesson in pain. Pain so raw and deep. Like the one I felt when my child was killed for my crimes."

Marcy's eyes widened and she finally understood. "No...please no!" She cried, even as Michael moved away and one of his goons moved in. 

Marcy cried and begged but after an hour or so, the man moved away and Marcy felt a rush of blood between her legs. Her dress quickly stained with the blood as it began pooling around her and a wail tore itself from her throat. The wail held an immeasurable amount of pain and anguish. Now, Marcy didn't care if she lived or died. Her baby was gone. Gone before it had even lived.

She cried herself to sleep, not caring and just wanting to stop existing. 

A man knocked on Gio's study door. "Boss, they took ma'am to the old building on 3rd street. They're in the basement! " he called through the wood.

Gio had been stressfully packing and reloading every piece he could get his hands on. There was no way that he wasn't showing up unarmed or unprepared for a situation that might require deadly force. Even if the situation didn't call for it he was still going to put a round or two into that bastard's skull. Gio's attention snapped towards the sound of his office door, barely waiting for the sentence to finish before he was across the room and out the door. "I want everyone not in something at that building. Tell them to come packing. I want the Brovasio's eradicated." His voice sounded a bit more urgent than before, but he was desperate at this point. It had been at least three hours since he had seen Marcy and the time apart was beginning to eat away at him. 

Giovanni drove faster than he ever had in his life, almost getting into at least four accidents before he made it to the rickety building on 3rd street. The conditions were deplorable, but he didn't care enough to start scrutinizing the place. A well placed kick threw the door wide open, the wood splintering in the frame from the force. Gio had his gun raised in seconds, pumping the two guards at the door full of lead. Cautiously he made his way around the corner, clearing the area in an impressive amount of time given that the stitches in his shoulder had popped.

((Well that got really dark)) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcy was barely conscious and didn't stir as the door to her prison banged open. Her eyes fluttered open and focused in on her husband. She gasped and whimpered, trying to curl in on herself, away frpm him. What if he was angry at her, putting herself in danger and losing the baby. Her green eyes, misted over, flicked over to where her kidnapper sat, knife in hand ready to throw it straight at Marcy.

"D'Amico. Glad you could join us. My money?" He asked, showing clearly he could kill Marcy with a flick of his hand.

((Where's the fun without a little pain? Its a way to bring them closer. ))

Giovanni was halfway to Marcy when he noticed the asshole sitting in the chair with a knife aimed at his wife. His fingers curled over the gun with such force that his knuckles turned white. He was really going to bring a knife to a gun fight?

"Yeah. I've got your money." He snapped, pulling the trigger quickly. The sound of a bullet piercing flesh had never made him so happy in his life. Brovasio jerked back, falling over the chair from the force of impact. The knife skidding out of his hand in the process. The larger man groaned, gripping at his shoulder as he rolled on the ground trying to get himself situated. Giovanni's long strides left him hovering over the wannabe mobster. Fury rolling off of him in waves, raising his gun he watched the display of brains splatter against the floor with sickening pleasure. 

Tucking the piece into his pants, Giovanni finally turned his attention to the woman curled up on the cracked ceramic floors. "Marcy." He breathed, sliding to her side the instant he was sure there where no other threats in the room. He pulled her into him, letting out a shuddering breath. "Il mio amore, are you hurt?" He muttered pulling away a bit to inspect her face and body for any sign of visible injury. 

The two shots made the red-head wince and curl further against the wall. No one had bothered to clean her up so she was still sat in the blood. Her dress growing stiff as the blood it had adsorbed dried. Marcy pushed at Gio chest, trying to get away. "He's gone Gio...He took him from me." She murmured, eyes unfocused. Her hand slipped in the her blood that was still on the floor around her. "No no no...Gio I'm so sorry..." She broke down. On her hands and knees in a pool of her own blood, sobbing...she made quite the pitiful picture. 

Crimson seeped into the fabric of his suit pants, staining the charcoal clothing red. Not that he cared much about it to begin with, his jacket and dress shirt where already splattered with various types of blood and other pieces he'd rather not know about. Giovanni pulled Marcy closer to him, ignoring the way that she weakly fought against him. He placed his lips against the top of her head, closing his eyes as he took long breaths. Trying to control his own emotions in the face of everything that had just happened. A piece of him felt shattered, just as broken as Marcy probably felt in that second. Carefully Gio got back on his feet, pulling Marcy up with him. He placed light kisses against her temple, supporting her weight with his own.

"It's not your fault..." He whispered, clenching his jaw in desperation to keep himself from breaking down too. 

Marcy tried to get back to the floor. "No Gio no...my baby." She looked up at him, her hands covered in red, hair tangled and her face grimy and tear-stained. "Our baby...It is...I shouldn't have tried to fight. No." As Gio lifted her she moaned. "It hurts...please...." She promptly passed out.

When she came to, she was in bed, her middle sore. She turned her head "Gio?"

He could swear time stopped. The baby? Horror crawled up his spine and circled around his throat. The blood. Her blood. Giovanni's body trembled, holding his wife to him as she wailed. Within a few seconds her body went lip, overpowered by the sensations that attacked her. Dread swelled in his gut, picking her fragile form up in a careful sweep. His shoulder protested, but he honestly couldn't have cared less as he walked out with her in his arms. 

Giovanni was a mess. He had changed into sweats and a random green shirt that he didn't notice was on backwards. His brown hair was sticking up every which way and his wounded arm was in a sling. The beeps of the heart monitor was the only other sound in the room until he heard his name. He practically jumped in his seat, leaning towards Marcy fast enough to illicit a small grunt of pain. "Il mio amore, I'm here." Gio muttered, grasping one of her hands with his free one. A tiny smile pulling at the edges of his lips.

Her hand fluttered over her stomach and her pain-filled eyes turned to him. "I'm not pregnant anymore...am I?" She asked, voice horse. Her eyes filled with tears and she clutched at his hand desperately. "Gio, I'm so so sorry...I should've listened to you...I would still have our baby..." She sobbed, sitting up and reaching for him. she kept mumbling about how she was sorry.

Someone had changed her into a simple white nightgown and cleaned her up a little but he still felt dirty all over. Still felt her unborn child's blood on her hands and between her legs. She knew that nothing would be the same again, not for a long time. So now she clung to what was solid, her husband. She hoped for something better and she wished she could forget.

He shushed her, calloused fingers brushing her hair back soothingly. Her smaller frame fit perfectly inside his arms and for a second Giovanni felt complete again. It had been only a handful of hours since her return from the ER yet it felt like he had spent a lifetime without her. Now as her tears soaked into his shirt he was reminded that she was here, that he hadn't lost her to a situation that could have been far worse. Not that he could even begin to comprehend the trauma that she experienced, but Marcy wasn't going to have to go through any of it alone. Gio placed his lips to her temple, his arms tightening around her as she shook harder from her own sobs. His heart broke knowing of the life that they had lost, but at least they still had each other. For all of the bad things he had done in his life, perhaps he didn't deserve to be a father in the first place. He swallowed, forcing the thoughts away just as abruptly as they had come. "It's not your fault....if it's anyone's it's mine. My life -this life- it doesn't bring about white picket fences and the perfect family. I should have known..." He trailed off, choking on his words more than he would have liked. "I shouldn't have made that deal, I should have put up more of a fight....then maybe you wouldn't have had to go through this." He grumbled, feeling a few tears of his own roll down his cheeks despite his internal protest at the display of such emotion. 

Marcy pulled back to look at his face. "I know we aren't the white picket fence family, I was never gonna be that kind of mother, my daddy's a mobster too." She sniffled. "I...I want a funeral. He was ours Gio and I need a funeral." She looked into his eyes, her own alight with a fire that hadn't existed before. She took his hand and swung her legs out of the bed. Carefully standing, she grabbed a nearby glass vase of flowers and flung it at the wall. 

She screamed. "He was my son!" She turned to her husband, a new wave of tears already rolling down her cheeks. "Take me home..please."

He stood by her silently, rubbing her back softly in an attempt to be comforting. Giovanni nodded slowly, watching her expressions as she spoke his lips pressed into a firm line.

He cleared his throat, "We can have a funeral."

Whatever would make Marcy feel more at peace he would do. At this point he knew that he would do anything she demanded as long as he could take away the pain that she was experiencing now. Gio didn't flinch when the vase was thrust into the wall, instead he waited for her to scream before bringing her back against his chest. He kissed the top of her head as he held her, taking a deep breath to clam his own rampaging emotions. "As soon as the discharge papers are finished I promise that we'll go home." He soothed, hoping that she would be okay waiting another few hours for the doctors to get everything sorted out. The last thing he wanted was for them to be back here because she got worse physically or mentally.  

After a couple hours, Marcy was ensconced in blankets on her own bed in her and Gio's home. In her hands was a soft, blue baby blanket. Her green eyes were unfocused towards the open balcony and her hair unkempt. Her hands twisted and gripped the baby blanket. Her face had tried tear-tracks and her lips were dry and cracked. Her ring kept snagging on the fabric of the blanket but without looking, she would harshly tug it away, the blanket becoming raggedy. 

She didn't look at Gio when she spoke. "Do you think he would've played outside? You could've built him a tree-house...I thought he'd like that and I wanted to ask you. I wanted to teach him how to fight." She smiled, eyes filling. "I wanted to name him Theo. It means 'Gift of god.'" She shrugged "I guess He didn't like that name so he took my mijo..."

She finally set the baby blanket aside and looked at her husband. "What do we do now?" She asked, voice cracking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back