• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mafia Crime Story Planning

What Last names do you want for the families?

• De Angelo

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Montalto

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Santella

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coleletti

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

dvds12

Hello!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is where we will plan all aspects of the plot including events, relationships, plot developments, and so much more.

So I have no idea on how to start this off and I know everyone who wants to join is not online yet, so i am going to put up basic ideas and see which ones we agree on as a group. Also I don't know if anyone will see this if I don't tag them, but I will just leave this here for now.

Idea number one: This takes place in a city like a chicago or new York type city.

Idea number two: I was thinking of having two families that that are always up against each other and fighting. I was thinking I could make a list of roles and we could each claim one.

Idea Number three: Or we could just have a bunch of random people and have them form their own mafia groups instead of having two families right off the bat.

Idea Number four: I was hoping to have this kind of like an open world roleplay were everyone has their own stories that lead to a bigger picture, but would everyone rather have it more structured?

So these are just some basic ideas that I came up with, to just get everyone to start talking about what could happen in this roleplay. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear it! :)

I'd prefer idea #2 over #3, just so that we all have a place to start off with. As for open world RPing or not, I don't mind either.

Ahhh, just to be clear, this is like late 19th early 20th century right? for the time period/aesthetic?

Hello! I wasn't sure whether I should post on the IC thread or here, so I picked here to say I'm interested and love this theme. I don't have a lot of free time right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to keep up, depending on how fast this goes.. so in case I don't manage, I'll step down, but I'll try.
As for the ideas and time period, since it hasn't been specified, I personally prefer a more modern setting, but I'm also up for 20th century stuff, just haven't tried it yet.
I'd also suggest each of us post a short summary of our characters, so we can see all the types of characters we are gonna have. Then we can either make adjustments to them or not and find ways to connect them so we don't start off too loose.

HI! Welcome KodakWolf KodakWolf ! Alteras Alteras I also like option 2 as it is more structure and not as crazy as everyone would be on their own. I actually didn't think about the time period, so thanks for bringing that up :) When I was thinking about starting this I saw this roleplay in modern times. I do prefer modern roleplays as I am more familiar with them, but if more people prefer to have it set in the 20th century than we can try that, but I don't have much experience with it. I am going to put up the character thread when the Rp is more close to beginning the rp, so summaries of the characters will be there. Is that what you meant or did you mean something else?

Ahh, ok. I'm good with either 20th or 21st century. Just want some idea of a time range so I can start hunting for images.

I meant that too, but we could start posting like a summary of our characters, just one of two lines, so we can all see what kind of characters each one is willing to play. It usually helps me out with bringing up a plot and a way to connect the characters . Just an idea

Ok great! I am going to say that it is going to take place in the 21st century, if everyone is ok with that which i think they will be.

KodakWolf KodakWolf Ok I understand what you are saying like if someone wants to play like the head of one of the families or something

Yes. Like usually some people prefer to play 'good' characters, cops or civilians, while others prefer to play bosses, or thugs, and so on. Should help us find a plot that appeals to everyone, if we have difficulty coming up with something

I agree that does sound like a good idea to see what people are willing to play. Also do you guys think there should be a limit to how many characters a person can have. I know for me I already have three characters in mind for the rp. I know some people like to limit because it can get pretty hectic with a lot of characters.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing too, but I just wanted to ask and make sure everyone was on the same page :)

Are we ok with characters being able to die, and or being killed off? Of course it would be with your permission if such an event were to occur?

Yo! Sorry im late to the party, and I dont really have a strong opinion on the plot. What youve got seems to be pretty good as is. But I do want to say that character death would be good by me. Just to throw in my input.

Welcome Coriander Coriander ! We are just beginning so not that late :) I am glad everyone is ok with characters being able to die as I find it makes the rp more interesting.

To keep the ball rolling on planning I am going to post what we have already agreed on and what we have not talked about yet. Since not everyone who has said they were interested is not here I am going to leave these topics up for discussion so for anyone that wants input on this roleplay can put in their 2 cents.

What we have agreed on:
Setting to be in some kind of city not named yet and to be in modern times
Characters can die with the creator permission
That there will be two mafia families and a police force of some kind
(Is everyone ok with this so far?)

So for what we have not talked about yet:
Who wants to play what role( you can have more than one role. If you want to be part of the mafia and rp a police character, then go right ahead)
The basic plot. I was thinking we could either com up with a very basic plot to get us started and see how it develops from there, Or we can create the characters that we want to start with a create a plot from there. We can also decide if people have existing relationships before the rp starts or something along those lines.

If anyone wants to suggest a topic that I might have missed then please go right ahead! :)

I think if we choose what we want to be apart of and then create a character, itll show us what types of characters we have and that will help with the plot. Itll also help with naming things like families and the city, (probably) And having a list of each role for each section would help with organization.

Coriander Coriander I was thinking along those lines as well. Create the characters first and then create the story around them. As for a list of roles, I feel that is an excellent idea to keep things organized. I have already been thinking of a list of the roles that a person could play and will publish that soon. If anyone doesn't see a role that they wanted to play or has an idea for a new role, then they can share it here and we can add it to the list. I was thinking of publishing the list once it is settled on the character creation page. This way everyone knows what role they are playing and what is available to play.

As I am trying to figure out the roles, I see that there are more roles than there are people that are int he rp right now. I based the roles off of a structure sheet I found online and then added some roles that I thought also fit. What I am asking is everyone ok with playing more than one role. Since there is a lot more roles than people here we don't need to fill everyone just important ones and we could fill those as time goes by. I think what I am going to do is go ahead and set up the character thread with the list of available roles. Then everyone can decide what role they want to be. Does that sound good?

Last edited:
Hi Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford ! Yeah that's ok there are plenty of roles to go around in the Mafia! I am in the middle of setting up a character thread where all the roles will be posted, I should have that up later today.

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Yeah you can when I have the roles up I left a space for civilian , so that is people who are not directly in crime, so like family members and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back