• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Madoka Magica: Matsuyama Mystery (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
anime-anime-girls-red-eyes-black-hair-wallpaper-preview.jpg
Azamuku "Aza" Aikyo
mentions: Dolches Dolches

Arceus, Aza wasn't exactly well versed in pokemon lore and had needed to look up stuff for anything beyond the first game and pikachu. She again looked into the incubators shared mind and the vast stores of honestly random information it had accumulated. Given they had made the pokedex the information on all pokemon was stored in some tiny hidden corner of the mind as such information was not seen as important outside of rare circumstances. Then she found it the creator deity of pokemon, Arceus that was a big ask. Aza then looked through the information and what Kuybey might base such a construct on. The games and the movie it had showed up in and given it was meant to be real it would act more like in the moving terms of power and how the plates works. Immunity to selected elements and highly destructive attacks, such a thing would cost a lot of magic, summoning it would kill Agotta or be enough to bring her to the absolute edge of falling.

" Such a being could be made, though you will need me for sure" Aza said nodding mostly to herself " It is so powerful you would be turned into a witch or be on the very edge of turning for sure. Still it is a good choice, but i suggest you watch the movie as i am sure he will function a lot like that one. Still a very solid plan for dealing with this witch. As far as a pokedex of witch" Aza chuckled a little " He would never make something like that without a wish, he is like that"

Nozomi's cup had gotten cold some time ago, and had emptied soon after. The arrival of Walpurgis still loomed over them, menacing and imperious. An inevitability. Their lives were at stake in every single battle before this. Even the one against the...thing that was made from Jillian. But this time there was more at stake than the people in the immediate area. Walpurgis seemed like an unstoppable natural disaster. If they failed to stop it here...it would move on to Masaki. And then the next city. And then...the world?

Humans would be able to stop it somehow, right? For all the instruments of destruction they had devised...maybe they'd be used for good for once. But even if they could, what cost would they pay in the process?

No. It was all up to them. The people who were...exploited by the Kyubeys. But who also received an undeniable power to change things for the better. Perhaps deep down, in the midst of the grasping shadows...there was a speck of hope. Like Nozomi said...she'd show up. There was no running away.

Standing to her feet, Nozomi pulled out her cane. "Look, I...I think it's about time I head out." Her free hand moved, resting on Ciel's shoulder. "Ciel, let's...talk again after this is over. And Yao, I know you'll do great with Ciel."

"Komi..." She shook her head. "See you then. We're counting on you."

Dolches Dolches Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

262013.jpg
Yao looked away with her right hand on her cheek, face red with embarrassment. "Well, I did do alot to emulate my Onii-Chan's style of Kendo. I may be a bit off from his graceful way of fighting."
As Ciel brought up that they should share skills, Yao's eyes shined with excitement as she had both fists close to her chest in excitement.
"You really want to learn from me, and you'll teach me things if I do?"

Nozomi mentioned she was gonna leave, but Yao stopped her.
"Wait, Nozomi! Why dont you come with us? I'd really love to learn some of your abilities, and I can teach you some in exchange!"​

Kousaka_Honoka_ALL_STARS.pngYao seemed to be excited at the prospect of sharing knowledge. "Yeah, something like that. My wish... It's nothing personal, so I can share it. I wished to know everything I could about swords. Like, everything. Every instance of its use, how when and why each one was created, all discussion about it... It's a wonder my mind wasn't overloaded, really." She tapped her soul gem. "This thing is probably as much knowledge as it is magic." Nozomi had gotten up, offered to talk again later, and was making her exit. "You can count on it-" She nearly called her "miss". "-Nozomi!" She gave her farewells. Komi seemed a bit preoccupied with her meal, but Yao, however, seemed to want to bring her with them for the swordfighting. "Hey, come on Yao, if she's got places to be, then she's got places to be." She thought a bit. "Besides, she doesn't use swords and barely fights. She's a ninja or something like that. Ya' can't do the same things you'd do with a knife with a sword or vice versa, the weight and size just isn't the same." She thought for a second. She could probably copy Yao's brother's style if she knew a name to look for. "I could probably teach you your brother's exact style. That'll surprise him for sure!" She joked, lacking crucial information. The bill for her meal came, and she pulled out a small wallet and paid for her food. "Well, seeing as Nozomi left and we've made sure Komi is..." She took a second glance at the disheveled Komi. "... alive, I think we can go now. Of course, for just sword fighting, I've got a place we can use. I've been taking full advantage of my wish, and I got a part-time job as a junior mentor at a kendo club." She leaned in closer to Yao. "They gimme a little extra work off the books and pay me for it, since I'm so good. I'm working full-time in everyone's eyes but the government's." She whispered, winking. "I'm sure they won't mind if I bring in a friend on the off hours. For anything magical, though, we'll have to go somewhere more private."

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Nellancholy Nellancholy GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

21717e16b09bc91288e143335d018eb2.jpegAza confirmed that her idea was indeed doable, but with her help and quite the risk. "I'm... Sure it'll be fine." She said. She had her doubts, but they were eased by the thought that she had so much help. Aza also advised that she should watch the movie, suggesting her summon would function more like that one than any game variety. "Considering how all my Pokémon have acted so far, you're probably right. I haven't seen that movie, actually... Oh, I know! We could have a movie night! I could invite you and Nozomi! Komi probably wouldn't come considering she'd have to sit still to watch it. Would you?" She asked. "You don't have to if you don't want to, but it'd probably be fun! We could each pick a movie to watch through!" Agotta had an affinity towards the concept of movie nights. Most of the times she or Anri would sleep over at the other's house, they'd bring things to watch, be it movies or cartoon box sets. "Actually, do you like watching movies? I don't know much about what you like or dislike, Miss Aza. Sorry." She didn't really have a reason to apologize. She'd met Aza about a week ago or so? Of course there'd be lots of simple things they didn't know about each other. "I should probably give Nozomi a call and... Oh yeah, do you have a phone? Can I have your number?" She asked. "It'd be convenient to call you to ask important questions instead of turning around corners and waiting for you to pop up from behind one."

Karcen Karcen

A short time later...

Nozomi dragged herself along the street, her mind swimming as she concentrated on making slow, deep breaths. She didn't feel...shocked, per se. Lost, perhaps. The sun wasn't quite setting yet, but she wasn't looking forward to going home and meeting...her. Especially after whatever it was Aza did to her. Mother wouldn't remember what happened, but...

The resentment was still there. Because she saw Nozomi as a disappointment, a burden.

Nozomi sighed. She knew she should have looked for part time jobs that would have her. Well, maybe after she settled the most pressing issue at hand first.

"Wow, you look like shit." A mildly familiar voice greeted her.

Nozomi tilted her head, taking a moment to recognise the speaker. "Ah...Kaede?"

"Yep. Kaede." The other girl answered dryly. "You've been missing classes these past few days. And even when you show up you're seriously out of it." Her hands rested firmly on Nozomi's shoulders, giving her a shake. "What have you gotten into? Suzune's worried about you too, you know!"

"Haa..." Yes, she could almost imagine Suzune's worried face. Reaching up, Nozomi rubbed her own temples. "Look, I'm...just really going through it right now. I'll be fine..." She took the effort to turn to Kaede. "I just need a week or two to settle things."

Kaede raised an eyebrow. "Is this a money thing-"

"It's NOT a money thing. Listen..." Nozomi bit her lip. "If you see anything weird in the sky in the next couple weeks, I uh...I need you to keep Suzune safe too, okay?" Already she'd said too much, and she took a few hurried steps away from Kaede.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?! What's in the sky?" Not letting her go, Kaede's grip tightened.

"Just...just promise me, okay?"

"I'd do that anyway, whether or not an alien invasion or whatever it is comes. As for you..." Kaede relented, relaxing her grip. "Whatever you gotta do...just come back after. Suzune won't let me hear the end of it if you don't..."

Nozomi took a deep breath. "I promise."

With Kaede satisfied, Nozomi's hand moved to her phone. She felt like she was anticipating a call, for some reason.

03339e1837a940269ca90d8aaa159f730cd6e8fe.png
Azamuku "Aza" Aikyo
mentions: Dolches Dolches

Aza decided it was about time for her to go back to normal, things were winding down and she didn't need to stay in it anymore. The new form she had taken had one big advantage over the old in that there was far less of a physical change to her body meaning things hurt far less than before. Aza was not sure why she even kept her sense of pain on when feeling little or nothing would be helpful to a degree. The talk of a movie night was only half heard as Agotta moved on to if Aza even liked movies. Before all this she and others had often snuck into movies, though they did it just to do it, to cause trouble not because they cared for the movie. The thing that had made it fun had been the fact they were with each other. Those days seemed so far now with some of them not being magical girls, some of them being killed there were so few of the old gang of delinquents left.

" i can chill for a movie night I don't have anything planned" Aza said with a shrug she wasn't exactly giddy for it but her tone said she did welcome the company far more than she let on. There was to much to make her think of before all this and all the sacrifices she had made now that there was time. She would have one more friend around if only they had solved this faster, but no amount of dwelling on it would fix it. Aza needed to look to the future and try to stop any unnecessary sacrifices. " And just call me Aza you can drop the miss " Aza added before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a phone " Yeah you can give me a call or in a pinch ask a terminal" Aza explained as a kuybey appeared on her shoulder " Kuybey is one being in many bodies, and i am part of him I can watch what he does so i have been kind of spying on you all" Aza admitted feeling oddly embarrassed about it when she had always seen it as a necessity.

21717e16b09bc91288e143335d018eb2.jpeg"Oh, OK mi-" Agotta did it again by pure instinct. "-Aza." Aza had pulled her phone out of her pocket, but in lieu of a phone number, she instead explained that she's been spying on everyone through the Kyubey and that she could talk to one of them instead. "But... Can I still have your phone number? If anything happens I'm not gonna have the patience to go looking for a Kyubey. Nozomi and that robot girl she found were only at the fight with Jillian because I texted her." Her text wasn't pretty or refined but she did get the message across, and Aza herself could likely attest to the fact that Nozomi probably would've gone to sleep that night if it hadn't been for the text. She was so focused on the phone number that it only now hit her that Aza had admitted to spying on everyone. That in itself was already strange, but her admitting to it? "U-um, how much did you see?" Agotta asked. All of that crying she's done on Anri's behalf probably didn't cement herself in Aza's eyes as the steadfast ally she could be now that all of that was resolved. "B-but, anyways..." Agotta tried to remember what she was talking about before that. Oh, right! She needed to ask Nozomi if she was up for the movie night! She also had to explain their part of the plan. But, before that, she had to ask her parents if it was OK for them to come over. She quickly called her mom, explained, and after some "Uh-huh"s she got permission. She then got out her phone and called the contact she labeled "Nozoni" who's name she misspelled but never got around to fixing. As soon as Nozomi picked up, she spilled everything she had to say. "Hey Miss Nozomi! Do you wanna come to my house for a movie night? Me and Aza are gonna be watching the Pokémon: Arceus movie because it's part of our plan for fighting the giant witch. Oh yeah, for the giant witch I'll be summoning the legendary Pokémon known as Arceus with Mi-" She did it again. "With Aza's help. Then I'll be possessing it somehow. We haven't worked that part out yet but we can do that while we're at my house for the movie!"

Karcen Karcen Nellancholy Nellancholy

Nozomi sat back on a bench, tilting her head up at the dusk sky. She could make out the colors, the blacks, blues, and purples, and the fading wisps of orange. She couldn't make out the emerging stars, but she heard it wasn't possible to see many of them in a bright city, anyway.

She'd just had a strange conversation with Kaede, in which she could do nothing more than give a foreboding warning and promise to come back, like some kind of noble, self-sacrificing hero. She didn't feel very heroic, though on the balance she had to reason that what she'd been doing was good as well. Sitting here, in the middle of the still-living city, she almost felt like an ordinary girl again. But her life was anything but for the past few years, since the...accident. And really, it wasn't before either. Maybe one way or another, she'd always be set apart. Aza spoke of fate and how it powered the wish made in a contract...she could have asked for something different, but no one could change the past.

It took a bit longer than she expected, but her phone rang. "Hey there. Agotta?"

As always, Agotta wasted no time sharing what new idea she'd come up with, her next plan to help them in the coming battle. Nozomi had to admit...she didn't think much about it. She figured people like Komi and Yao, and most of all Aza, would have it firmly in hand. And all she'd need to do was show up, so to speak.

"I-if you're asking...yes. Sure. I'll come over." So she'd be gone from home tonight. Would Mother even notice? And more importantly, Agotta's parents were fine with a couple of weird teenagers showing up to spend time with their daughter, huh? Well, based on everything she'd heard of them so far, she'd believe that. Still...

"Take care. I'll see you soon."

Nozomi got up and extended her cane, making her way into a side alley. Sure, she could just take the train, but...

In a red flash, her vision cleared again, and she was gliding through the air.

Dolches Dolches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back