• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Madness & Death- OCC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Random fun fact:

Only the oldest denizens of the bunker will remember this, but the original King Boreal Had Bright Blue eyes. The Color of which has seemed to fade with each subsequent clone.

Trying to decide what sort of character to play.

Considering either the Warrior or the Eternal
Honestly either is pretty unilaterally effective in the setting. While they are less specialized than some of the others with less extravagant abilities, they also happen to have among the highest survivability rate in all projections. The Eternal Obviously takes the cake for survival. But if we had stat blocks, the Warrior would likely have Balanced stats across the board.

Bear in mind you can come up with whatever gear you want and even if your character isn’t an engineer you can have King Boreal design it. He may have a CS but for the most part his entire purpose is to facilitate the group doing epic stuff so you guys can basically equip yourself with anything…within reason.

Honestly either is pretty unilaterally effective in the setting. While they are less specialized than some of the others with less extravagant abilities, they also happen to have among the highest survivability rate in all projections. The Eternal Obviously takes the cake for survival. But if we had stat blocks, the Warrior would likely have Balanced stats across the board.

Bear in mind you can come up with whatever gear you want and even if your character isn’t an engineer you can have King Boreal design it. He may have a CS but for the most part his entire purpose is to facilitate the group doing epic stuff so you guys can basically equip yourself with anything…within reason.
Are the powers exactly as written where you have posted them, or are we allowed to make adjustments? IE: giving the Warrior superior strength or the Eternal just actually being unable to die?
Also characterwise, for both I am plotting to identify as The Problem TM

Are the powers exactly as written where you have posted them, or are we allowed to make adjustments? IE: giving the Warrior superior strength or the Eternal just actually being unable to die?
Also characterwise, for both I am plotting to identify as The Problem TM
Within reason. Like the powers are kinda set but there is some wiggle room with application. Giving the warrior higher strength would be as simple as having him dedicate some of his past to lifting and such to bolster his strength.

thats pretty much the eternals thing already. We aren’t talking wolverine’s regeneration, more like Cell from DBZ.

*Warning* Description of Limb regrowth.
Except instead of just bursting new limbs, i had invisioned the bones growing like a tall candles wax melting in reverse, the meaty bits would ribbon up said bone growth, with skin stitching itself over it like a sweater. All of this raking perhaps…15-30 seconds. We can adjust the parameters a bit but id like to keep us at decently low starting points. We will be getting more powerful as the story progresses.

Within reason. Like the powers are kinda set but there is some wiggle room with application. Giving the warrior higher strength would be as simple as having him dedicate some of his past to lifting and such to bolster his strength.

thats pretty much the eternals thing already. We aren’t talking wolverine’s regeneration, more like Cell from DBZ.

*Warning* Description of Limb regrowth.
Except instead of just bursting new limbs, i had invisioned the bones growing like a tall candles wax melting in reverse, the meaty bits would ribbon up said bone growth, with skin stitching itself over it like a sweater. All of this raking perhaps…15-30 seconds. We can adjust the parameters a bit but id like to keep us at decently low starting points. We will be getting more powerful as the story progresses.
Makes sense! I had planned on the Eternal suffering some side effects along the way to balance out the resistance to death.

And how strong can the Warrior be?
Of course, the actual, raw power of it doesn't matter It's all aesthetics to me.
Being The Problem matters more than being strong

Makes sense! I had planned on the Eternal suffering some side effects along the way to balance out the resistance to death.

And how strong can the Warrior be?
Of course, the actual, raw power of it doesn't matter It's all aesthetics to me.
Being The Problem matters more than being strong
Thats a good question. Time for research,

world record seems to be between 1310lbs (bench) and 1080lbs (Squat). However a guy named paul anderson apparently lifted 6270lbs on his back setting a world record that persists till today.

Thats all considered within the parameters of “peak human” as far as im concerned. So….Pushing him to about 5x peak human would result in being able to bench press about 3.27 tons. To squat 2.7 tons. And max lift about 15.67 tons.

Thats a good question. Time for research,

world record seems to be between 1310lbs (bench) and 1080lbs (Squat). However a guy named paul anderson apparently lifted 6270lbs on his back setting a world record that persists till today.

Thats all considered within the parameters of “peak human” as far as im concerned. So….Pushing him to about 5x peak human would result in being able to bench press about 3.27 tons. To squat 2.7 tons. And max lift about 15.67 tons.
Works for me

Mimic definitely has better XP gain though.

Though I seriously hope by "survivability rate" you don't mean you're planning to make it easy for yourself to kill off our characters. Because I generally leave whenever my character dies, especially when I invest an XP system in them like I have with Carrol, and I haven't been able to gather what mood you're going for with the setting too well. If you're looking to make this a hellscape where one wrong move is worth a punishment of permadeath, etc; etc;

I'm sorry if this comes off as aggressive. I just want to know ahead of time if I should expect my character to die or not.

Dunno why I keep getting kicked off notifications, but I'm gonna make an effort to keep an eye on threads so I don't miss anything.

Though I seriously hope by "survivability rate" you don't mean you're planning to make it easy for yourself to kill off our characters. Because I generally leave whenever my character dies, especially when I invest an XP system in them like I have with Carrol, and I haven't been able to gather what mood you're going for with the setting too well. If you're looking to make this a hellscape where one wrong move is worth a punishment of permadeath, etc; etc;

I'm sorry if this comes off as aggressive. I just want to know ahead of time if I should expect my character to die or not.
No worries there. my plot requires you survive. And ive got a metric crap ton of Deus Ex machina to help out if you find yourselves in a pinch.

I more so mean by survivability the ability to Take punishment, recover, and shrug off damage.

Dunno why I keep getting kicked off notifications, but I'm gonna make an effort to keep an eye on threads so I don't miss anything.
Weird. Maybe your in some kind of stealth mode? I didn’t get a notification for you posting this either.

Yeah it looks like we're probably gonna have a lot of badasses, but the Adept lends itself well to a different type of character so I figured I'd lean into the contrast.
I like said contrast. She would remind the king of his own mother and thus would receive slightly less judgmental eyes than the others.

Plus the high emotional IQ may be useful in foreseeing some problems down the road.

Announcement

Alright. All factions are now vaguely explained. The bestiary will be coming soon. Still tryna figure out how i want to format it.

I am open to suggestions.

Announcement

Alright. All factions are now vaguely explained. The bestiary will be coming soon. Still tryna figure out how i want to format it.

I am open to suggestions.
Bestiary sections suggestion:

1) Old World critters- anything that still survives and how it's mutated or evolved since
2) GMOs- man made critters, lab experiments, splices and the like
3) Common New World critters- self explanatory, arranged by size/threat level
4) Known kaiju- very large/dangerous/powerful entities; some might be dead

Bestiary sections suggestion:

1) Old World critters- anything that still survives and how it's mutated or evolved since
2) GMOs- man made critters, lab experiments, splices and the like
3) Common New World critters- self explanatory, arranged by size/threat level
4) Known kaiju- very large/dangerous/powerful entities; some might be dead
I second this. I know I have a lot of creative potential but I don’t know if it’s fair to not let anyone else write ideas for monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back