• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
To understand who he was you have to go back to another time, when the world was powered by the black fuel, and the deserts sprouted great cities of pipe and steel.

Gone now. Swept away. For reasons long forgotten, mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel they were nothing. They had built a house of straw. The thunder of machines sputtered and stopped.

Their leaders talked and talked and talked, but nothing could stem the everlarge. Their world crumbled. Cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting. A firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men.

On the roads it was a white-line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay ordinary men were battered and smashed…

-paraphrased from Road Warrior (my favorite of the Mad Max franchise).

This RP will be based on the world of Mad Max, but set in the USA. (Mad Max was set in Australia. In fact at the end of Thunderdome the scene with the kids grown up is set in Sidney.) Our story will take place about the time of Thunderdome - after a nuclear war has left the world in ruins. The world has run out of petroleum. Cars are skeletal versions of their past counterparts and run on alternative organic fuels like alcohol. (In Thunderdome, the Master created fuel from pig shit. Biodiesel was introduced in the mid 1980’s, so that is an option - IF you have a source to make the stuff!!!) Food and water are scarce. Also bear in mind that ammunition for weapons is probably scarce now too.

Chronology
Mad Max - about 1985
Road Warrior - about 1988

Nuclear War - 1999

Thunderdome - about 2003
Fury Road (will NOT be used though it was estimated to be set in 2050.)

The RP will begin in 2003. Bear in mind that this is an alternate timeline.

Setting
Our story will be set in Kerke, what remains of Albuquerque, NM. The city and Kirtland AFB are nuclear wasteland. (Kirtland controlled about ⅓ of the strategic nuclear arsenal for the USAF. So it would be a major target.) However the dry climate is good for the preservation of what is left of technology.

Characters
I am looking for all sorts of characters to inhabit the town of Kerke. These should be something along the lines of the people of Thunderdome. In short, I want YOU to create the town. I will also ask you to create the people who come to town to do business. Examples:

Shopkeepers (trade, create, etc … so long as you can justify your sources)
Service people (repairs, “taxis”, motel, brothel, tavern, doc/dentist)
Market (food, water)

Mayor and any Staff
Security (the equivalent to militia and police)

Drifters
Road Trash

Others

Posting
3rd Person past tense
Semi lit to literate
I am looking for at least 3-5 good paragraphs (quality emphasized)
Personal arcs and Story arcs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back