Mad Dogs

Original Post by Violet Obsidian

Jessyka "Bullseye" Volontari and "Smoky" Skyler Emerson

“Investigate?” Jessyka wondered. “That seems kinda vague, doesn’t it Smoky?”

“I-It sure does, meister.” The boy said, looking at his meister, then at Lord Death. “B-But, Shinigami sama knows best what t-to do. W-We should probably decide what we should bring.” Skyler said, already making a list in his head.

Jessyka’s eyebrow raised slightly, confused by the thought. “Bring? But do we even need to bring anything? I’ve got my weapon - that’s you. Umm… is there anything else important?” the guns meister wondered as she continued drawing a blank.

Smoky blushed, looking at the ground, trying to hide his blush. “Y-yes, w-we need food, and water, maybe a jacket?”

“Do you really think we’re going to be gone for that long?” Jessyka inquired. “We’re just going to Specter Lab and I think that is in Death City. I don’t have a map.”

“I-It might get cold. You might catch something!” Skyler said, looking at Jessyka, but a small sound could be heard from his stomach. His hands went to his stomach right away, blushing a little. “I-I think… Sorry. I t-tend to overthink things…”

Jessyka smiled at her weapon partner. It always surprised her how much he really cared and it was something she had to remember to be grateful for. Nodding, she stated, “I’ll go grab a jacket just in case. It would’ve come in useful if we had it when we ran into the fire earlier so I guess it is better to have it and not need it.”

Skylar nodded, taking his hands away. “I-I’ll get a couple of sandwiches, and a f-few cans of soda.” His stomach grumbles again. Skylar knew it was foolish of him to sacrifice eating to give him more time to train, but now, it was a bad idea.

“Don’t grab too many,” Jessyka warned. “You can’t exactly carry things if you need to transform and I don’t like being too weighted down.” She added a smile at the end to try and keep herself lighthearted before she jogged into the DWMA quick, navigating through the halls that had been her home for so long.

Skylar took off and headed home, grabbing his small and patched satchel. The fact that he was a clean freak helped him, as his food and drinks were easy to find. Grabbing 3 cans of soda, and 2 sandwiches (one he had wolfed down while packing the stuff), he bolted out the door, heading back to the place his meister entered. He waited for Jessyka at the entrance, humming and preparing himself mentally for what lay ahead of them.

Jessyka had been able to get to her locker quickly. She was in fairly decent shape and she knew where she was going. Spinning the lock several times in her hand, it clicked out of place and allowed her to gain access to her things. Pulling out her jacket, Jessyka saw that she had a chocolate bar sitting in there as well. I suppose I should eat something and chocolate’s the best I’ve got. I don’t want to be taking Skyler’s food. He needs to eat too.

Jessyka wolfed down the chocolate bar as she made her way back out of the academy and saw her weapon partner waiting for her. “Ready to go?” she asked.

Skylar shook his head to snap out of his state. “Yup. L-Let’s go to our team.”

Jessyka nodded with a smile and lead the way, as they started to see the formings of a small group around Professor Miyako. The more she thought about it, the more excited she became, actually. The thought of not knowing what they were getting into was almost an adrenaline rush. “Hey Daemon!” she called out to a fellow meister. “You ready for this?!” her voice was eager to get moving. That much was obvious.

However, Jessyka couldn’t hold it at just that as her eyes picked out the other members of their group. From what she could see, they had a good team assembled although that made her nervous about what the other team looked like. Her eyes fell on Rema as she briefly remembered that the girl had tried talking to them earlier before Death came into the scene. “Hey, Rema! It seems you came in late too. Are you excited to get in on some of the action!?”

@Refaulted @ShadowHuntress

Collab With: @AnnoDomini

"Evening Star" Warren Langston

Mood: High on life

Classification: Weapon - Morningstar

Interacting With: Rita Ito
Warren followed Hiro up the stairs of the DWMA without any questions because he assumed that there were answers somewhere and someone had them. He had to admit that he was slightly disappointed that no one had welcomed him back - he had been gone for an entire month because he had to go and get sick. Warren shuddered at the memory of it. Throwing up was certainly not fun. It was not fun at all.

Upon arriving at the top of the steps, Warren found that he didn’t really have a choice but to listen from the back of the group because there were too many people there for him to push his way through. That’s too bad for everyone else, I guess. They just don’t get to bask in my glory…

When Lord Death finally finished talking, Warren quickly determined that there was nothing he would need to collect prior to leaving on their mission to the cave of the mystery cure. As students began to disperse, the boy found that he was actually able to get through the crowd finally, and he began the quick search for his meister. She was never too hard to find. She was the one who always looked like she was mad at someone or something even when Warren was sure that he hadn’t done anything stupid.

The boy quickly picked her out of the crowd and he was quite right - she looked angry. Warren put the biggest smile he could possibly muster onto his face and walked right up to the girl before playfully punching her shoulder and exclaiming, rather loudly, “Hey Rita! I’m baaaaack!” He extended out the “a” to try and make it seem dramatic and exciting. “Did you miss me!? Huh? Huh? Did ya?” The boy was practically bouncing with energy. “Anyway, are you at least excited to go check out this cave place?! I wonder if there will be any traps… none of them will touch me of course, but it would still be fun and then we could be the awesome ones to save everyone and everyone would love both of us! Wouldn’t that be fantastic!?”

Alas, Warren could not babble nonstop. Even he needed to take a breath every once in a while.

@Stamper

Original Post by Sophrosyne03

Nicole Heimholtz and Ryoma Takagi

Outside the DWMA

After hearing the summons of Hiro Mitsaki, Nicole ran back to the steps of the DWMA. Ryoma was already there waiting for her.
“What is your take on the situation Ryoma?” Nicole said as she folded her arms in front of her chest waiting for Ryoma’s response. He always had a unique view that Nicole had come to appreciate over the years. “It seems quite standard. We have two teams. One to find/investigate the source of the madness, and the other to find a cure,” Ryoma paused and looked off into the distance, deep in thought. He then continued, “Lord Death said that a possible cure for madness is rumored to be located in the mountains outside Death City. I have a feeling that this cure will not be some potion of sorts up for grabs. It will be something cryptic or abstract that may require some kind of mental discipline to work. It can't be that simple. Madness in the mind / So difficult to combat / What could be the cure?” Ryoma closed his eyes, with a contemplative look on his face. He then opened them and looked slyly at Nicole. . .

“I take it the reason you had us help with the fire instead of subduing Keziah and Grace had something to do with your plan on becoming a three star student. Did the higher ups complain you were butting into other people’s fights too often?”

“Shut up.” Nicole retorted in an indignant tone.

She and Ryoma should be three star students, not two star students, THREE STAR students. Once again Ryoma’s perceptive observations were able to discern her main reason for helping with yhe fire rescue. Not to say that saving lives didn’t matter.

“So Lord Death thinks that the madness came out of Spectre labs?”

“Yes. It would seem that this madness is spread though computers or more likely through the internet. In is diabolically ingenious if you think about it.”

“Through the computers huh?” Nicole thought about the girl she encountered earlier and what she had said, ‘It was a demon…. in the computer...If the madness is spread through computers it’s going to spread far and fast. Whoever or whatever is behind this is truly insidious.

“I didn’t catch the names of the other students going into the mountains with Hiro Mitsaki, could you repeat them for me?”

“We will be going with Hotaru, Ren, Rita, Warren, Honey Igor, Sprite, Mac, Undine, Aoi, Kassana, Vanille, Demetri, and,” Ryoma sighed heavily, and Nicole knew the name of the last student, “Ivy.”

“So we have to put up with that hot headed bitch while looking for a cure for madness. It’s bad enough that Igor is in our group, but him and Ivy!? This is a headache in the making. I just hope their antics don’t get in the way of finding the cure and using it to heal everyone afflicted with this madness. . . I take it you have already gathered everything we need for a trip in the mountains?”

“Of course. We can go report to Mitsaki-sensei now”

“Then let’s go.”

Legend:

Nicole speaking/Thinking

Ryoma Speaking

Original Post by Hanarei

Aiko_Selmatu-Banner_zpsbqnor5qt.jpg

She found herself helped up and taken to the Infirmary. It wasn't that unexpected when Aiko had boldly attempted to act tough despite the pain as she clutched onto the weapon which contained her partner and her 'inflicted' sister. She looked to the nurse as she approached her, smith a half cocked smile. "Ah... just a little wound... nothing I can't handle." She let out a light painful laugh as she tried to downplay it just as another shock filled her body, emitting from the poleaxe.

Aiko slowly pulled the weapon out of her wound, gasping out as she finally placed it down. She let out a deep breath as she relaxed, allowing the nurse to treat her wound. As tough as she tried to play herself out to be, she couldn't help to find some relief to finally be having her wound treated. Her eyes shifted over looking at the poleaxe, hoping her partner was holding up fine within it. She wouldn't take an axe to the chest for just anyone! Well... not that she had truthfully wanted it to happen in the first place.

She was a little taken back hearing Lord Death's words. She listened intently, seeming almost oblivious to the fact she wasn't likely being considered at all for the operation. She smirked a little bit, a sense of eagerness filled her as she was more then eager to get in on the action. She was very much stubborn when it came to getting involved with missions. Her tenacity was rarely ever matched by anyone. Hearing as what apparently was the nurse being called to lead and her rebuttal had only vaguely reached her ears, instead focusing upon her gaze as if she somehow telepathically knew her intentions.

Her eagerness to go on the mission had all but sunk as she heard an almost 'chilling' voice creep to her ears. She cringed noticably, swiftly putting on a half smile as she attempted to hide away any such sign she made of her reaction towards Miyaka. Her cringe only returned when Hiro was struck by the 'she-devil'. She seemed a little uncertain as the aspect of 'volunteering' seemed to be asking for trouble now. She tried to act passively, watching the teacher as she seemed to take charge. Getting in on the missions is going to be a lot harder with her around.... She thought to herself looking back towards the poleaxe, a look of unease filling her face as the wound ached her once more from the mere thought.

@CelticHero37 @DaughterofAthena @Arkytior

Original Post by The Succubi Queen

Deryn Nicole Renoir

Name: Deryn Nicole Renoir

Classification: Meister

Partner: None

Mood: Confused

Team: Miyako

Interacting with: Nobody
The whole scene that played out following the courtyard a bit hectic- all of the students were ordered to head back to the school, and Deryn had taken off at a run, ready to finally get going on a more organized plan. She had lost track of the Sam kid (was that his name? He'd never answered her) as well as the two girls their small group had been dealing with, but she wasn't too worried. Sam was a DWMA student, and those girls would be just fine eventually- right?

She listened patiently as Lord Death explained their plans and sorted them into groups. She was on Miyako-sensei's team. That, she could handle, even if she didn't have a weapon. The task didn't seem too dangerous, and Deryn had a bit of hand-to-hand training, which would come in handy if she found herself in a situation where one of the 5 or 6 other weapon/student pairs couldn't back her up. She made her way towards the small gathering around their leader. "I'm think I can claim to be prepared for this mission, Miyako-sensei." She said with a nod.

She looked around the group- it wasn't made of anyone she knew. Warren, the first person she had actually spoken too since getting here who she could see, was on the other team. Looks like she'd have to make new "friends." She looked around for people she knew from the NEW class- maybe one of them would talk to her?

No, there was only that Rema girl, and she was already talking to people. It would be rude to interrupt that, even if it did look like a bit of an argument. She instead lingered on the edge of the group, trying to look professional, but not unfriendly.

Original Post by SummerWolf

Kamryn 'JJ' Vessot

1-Star Meister

DWMA EAT Student

Partner: Thalia Travis

Mood: Determined Nervous

Start Location: Outside DWMA

End location: Outside

Tags: @Kyra

Kamryn caught the boomerang form of Thalia as she came spinning back down to her. She spun Thalia once more out before her to work of the extra momentum left from the catch, the stilled her weapon partner.“Just throw me at something! I can take it!” Thalia exclaimed, to which Kamryn blinked, now refocusing and determined to help. However, she wasn't sure where to help at. Forunately, or unfortunately, she didn't need to make that decision. It seemed some else had planes for the pair.

“Hey! HEY!”A shout from the DWMA, and Lord Death made his reappearance. The grim reaper jumped immediately into questioning Hiro. Right after the quite quesitonalbe teacher asked to leve the topic at a long story, another, more female voice sounded. “NO!” This exclamation came for the DWMA resident nurse, Nadia. The woman started to tend to Aiko, and Kamryn refocused on Lord Death and Hiro.

After a bit more conversing, Hiro disappeared down the steps and returned bearing students from below. Curious now and feeling it would be best to be with the rest, Kamryn moved closer to Lord death and the group, Thalia still in tow.

“Normally, I wouldn’t throw this on any of you, especially some of the newer ones among you. However, we simply do not have time to wait for the right people to be here. Some of you are more than capable and you’ll be helping the others along. We have two jobs. One group will go to Specter Lab and investigate. We’re looking for something that could be causing this. Nadia will be leading you.” Lord Death spoke, addressing everyone. Kamryn turned towards the nurse an raised an eyebrow, not really believeing the woman would lead a group. Her thoughts were proven correct when the woman protested. Lord Death continued again afterwards. “The second group will be lead by Hiro and you will be going outside the city. Within the mountains, there is a cave that may hold a resolution to the infection of madness. Your job is to investigate. Any questions?” Kamryn shook her head, then stepped back, eyeing Hiro and glancing to her group members as they were told who would be with whom.

The she-devil herself joine dhtem not long after,, and the teenager watched with an odd respect and curiosity as she reprimanded and spoke to Hiro. In the end, Miyako joined the group and was addressed by Lord death.
“Ah, Professor Miyako! Welcome back. Normally, I would ask how the job went, but as you can surely see, we have a bit of a situation. I need you to lead a group of students to Specter Lab. I don’t know what you’re looking for, but you should know it when you find it.” The cheerful grim reaper spoke to the woman.

“Yes of course, I understand.” Miyako replied.“Do we have teams already in mind?”She proceeded to ask and Lord Deaht listed off the students she should take. Kamryn gulped a little when Thalia and herself were listed as two of the students joining the she-devil. “Students, we are going to split you into two groups. Gather your supplies, calm yourselves, and Hiro and Miyako will lead you off when you are ready to go!” Lord Death finished the whole meeting and Kamryn broke away distancing herself and Thalia a bit. "You can change back if you want." She said, and settled leaning against a wall. She stood there, taking deep breaths and watching as everyone moved about. "You ready for this?" She asked Thalia, weather the weapon changed back or not. "I hope we don't screw up big time Miyako kind of scares me." She rambled on, the talking calming her nerves and steeling her determination. She continued to ramble about the mission and the job, though she paused enough for Thalia to cut in if she wanted. "I wonder what we'll find over at the lab. Hopefully Lord death is right and the others find a cure." She said, and stopped, going silent for once, leaving the air empty for Thalia to talk if wanted.

Eventually, she pushed off the wall, and nodded.
"Let's go join the others. Do you have everything you need?" She asked, pulling a pocky stick out and biting it. Depending on her partner's answer, she would either continue to Miyako-or go off to find her weapons items.

Legend

Kamryn speaking

Miyako speaking

Nadia Speaking

Lord Death speaking

Thalia Speaking

Original Post by Kyra

Thalia Travis

"You ready for this? I hope we don't screw up big time Miyako kind of scares me."

The boomerang held by Kamryn flicked out of the meister’s grip as it spun high into the air, transforming back into a human as it continued spinning before Thalia emerged from the weapon, landing gracefully on her own two feet right in front of her meister. “What are you talking about!?” she smiled. “We got this! If we don’t mess anything up, Miyako can’t be scary!”

Thalia leaned over and gave her meister a pat on the back as she added in, “Besides, I’ve got the best meister in the school!”

As Kamryn pushed off the wall and asked, "Let's go join the others. Do you have everything you need?" Thalia shook her head.

“Nope! I’ve got my confidence and a bounce in my step. That’s about all you should need to succeed, right?” The smile remained a constant part of the weapon’s expression. Grabbing on to her meister’s hand, Thalia pulled Kamryn over to their group in a playful sort of run.

“We’re ready to go, Professor Miyako!” she called out to their professor as she came to a sudden stop.

@SummerWolf

Original Post by DaughterofAthena

Kassana Silverstream

Missing a Partner

At the summons of Lord Death, Kassana got up off of her seat on the DWMA steps, smiling kindly at Honey before she gathered with the rest of the class and listened to what Lord Death had to say. When she didn’t hear her name called to join Professor Miyako’s group, Kassana let out the slightest breath of relief. She was always afraid that, somehow, Professor Miyako would know that she had been reading during class and she had no desire to get scolded. In particular, she did not want to get scolded in front of the entire group that had gathered to address the most eventful things that had happened to her since she first arrived at Death Weapon Meister Academy.

This lead Kassana to walk over to join the group that had gathered near Professor Hiro Misaki as she began searching for her annoying, loud-mouthed meister. “Vanille!” she called out. “VANILLE!” Spinning around, the silver haired girl searched every corner she could think of, although somehow it seemed that her meister was gone. POOF!

Hmm… Kassana contemplated. Maybe I was such a terrible partner that she just up and left? I suppose that would make sense… no one wants such a sad excuse for a weapon.

Kassana’s head hung low as she realized how terribly useless she had been. All she had really been able to do was watch other people fight. She hadn’t been strong enough to help them and she hadn’t been forceful enough to stop them which pretty much left her to be marked as nothing. Her eyes rose briefly to look over the others that had been assigned to her group. Surely they could handle it without her. No one needed her to be holding them back and she certainly would be no use at all without a partner. Of course, having a partner didn’t help any more than not having one. As far as she was concerned, she was useless either way.

Navigating the Crowds

Meanwhile, Lord Death had been watching the gatherings of his students with his usual demeanor. Everyone seemed to be handling things alright and the things that had went wrong seemed to be falling back into place. He turned around when he heard Hotaru and he smiled at the meister, waving in his typical fashion. “Hey, found the missing students!” the grim reaper proclaimed to Miyako. “That’s a good thing.”

Slowly but surely, he began to make his way between the various clusters of students that waited for their missions to commence, stopping at a few points to comment to different students. Seeing Warren practically sneak up on Rita, the headmaster remarked, “Hey! Look who’s back! Great timing, Warren!” He really hoped that Rita would cheer up even a little bit. She had her partner again and maybe that would help.

Continuing to move through the crowd, Lord Death stopped by Jessyka, Rema and Ikeda. “Hey, hey hey!” he greeted. “Let’s not argue,” his eyes flickered between Rema and Jessyka as he made that comment. “You’ll have to have each other’s backs in this.” His eyes dwelled on Jessyka for a moment longer before he turned to regard Ikeda and Rema more fully.

“You two seem to be getting along well enough,” he noticed. “Consider this a trial run. We’ll evaluate partners further when the city is not on fire, but for now you’ll do better with someone to watch your back. You’ll be safer.” He regarded each of the two students for a moment. It looked like Lord Death meant to say more to the new meister and weapon pair, although he was quickly distracted by something else - someone else calling out.

Partners are Better

“Kassana, calm down,” he said, leaving the new pair to continue discussion on their own once again. He briefly glanced around, unsure as to where the girl’s partner might have gone although it quickly came to him that for now, he had an alternative. There was a student he had in mind, a student who Kassana might actually be able to learn something from, a student who would be able to handle the current situation well enough. “Wait here for a moment,” he said to the silver haired girl before he made his way back into the ground to emerge once more accompanied by a boy.

“Kassana, this is Aeryn. I think you two should be able to work well enough together and we’ll do some evaluation of partners when classes resume,” Lord Death’s introduction was brief. “It’ll be far better for everyone to work in partners for this mission and I honestly don’t know where Miss Vanille ran off to.”

It seemed that was all the attention the newly found, barely introduced team was going to get from the grim reaper because at that moment, his eyes fell on another student who seemed to be on her own. Lord Death swished away from them only to appear next to Deryn Renoir. “Do you not have a partner either?” he asked. “Oh dear, this is a conundrum.” His eyes started to scan the crowd yet another time as he searched for someone for Deryn to partner with. Luck for him, he found one.

While he wasn’t sure if the partnership would be the most functional, the fact that it would put both of them at less risk forced him to call the weapon over. “King of Hearts!” he called the name, thinking that it would garner less of an extreme reaction - hoping, in fact, that it would garner a lesser reaction. Seeing that the groups were getting ready to leave, Lord Death had no time to be quick.

“Arthur, Deryn, for this mission, you two will be working together. I know getting a new partner right now is not the most convenient, but it is also inconvenient to send a weapon or a meister out on their own. So for now, please try to make the best of it.”

Legend

Lord Death

Kassana Silverstream

@Stamper @Violet Obsidian @Cephalo @ShadowHuntress @Pariah Stark @The Succubi Queen @Ariettie

Original Post by Pariah Stark

nHNeYsv.png

Codename: Cardinal

Partner: Kassana Silverstream

Classification: One-Star Meister [EAT]

Tagged: @DaughterofAthena

"Lord Death, you really do need to relax. Every little thing is under control," Aeryn told the shinigami. Aeryn tagged along his side and even massaged his black shoulders, although to no real avail considering he quickly fled to another set of students right after introducing Aeryn to Kassana. Of course, Aeryn had no real intention of comforting him. He simply knew that most students were so intimidated by or respectful of Lord Death that going as far as touching him would be odd, and that type of oddity inspired just enough interest for Aeryn to exploit. Aeryn spent most of his time with Lord Death under his supervision, and in that time developed a slightly different outlook on him. That, and he forgot who Lord Death was for the first few weeks he was even alive in his new form, so he met him without any preconceived notions.

With Lord Death gone, Aeryn finally let his emerald eyes fall onto Kassana.
"Well, he certainly did give me a pretty one," he said aloud as he analyzed Kassana. Light frame, low muscle - very petite. She seemed in no way autonomous. He couldn't get much else from analyzing her; aside from her hair, she didn't have any outstanding features. And, all Lord Death told him earlier was that he needed him to help a new student. Oh, he new that: Kassana was new. So, at first glance, he had came to the conclusion she was a new weapon that would be reliant on her partner. 'Fantastic,' Aeryn thought to himself, 'but, at least I'm not stuck in that damn room anymore.'

"Kassana, I believe? I'm Aeryn, no surname. I'm a one-star Meister. You could say I've been around a month or two," he explained, elaborating on what Lord Death had told her previously. He wasn't about to tell her that him being around a month or two was quite literal, not just to the DWMA. Aeryn stepped slightly closer to Kassana, having broken the ice with his short introduction. Unfortunately, there wasn't much more he could add. "So... what exactly do you do?" he asked.

HcosgLr.png

Collab Post

DaughterofAthena & Pariah Stark

Kassana & Aeryn

Duo (Red Streak)

DWMA Staircase

No tags

Kassana's body tensed at Aeryn's last question. Actually, her body tensed at meeting a new person in general. She wasn't good at meeting new people and that was something she knew without a doubt. As he stepped towards her, she stepped back only to realize that behind her was the wall that contained the courtyard around the school's entryway. She could not step back any further. "Um..." Kassana stuttered as she crossed her arms in front of her. "What can I do...? I - I'm a weapon." She sighed as she realized she was going to have to say more than that even though she really didn't want to.

Looking at the boy standing in front of her, Kassana was sure that he was not someone who she needed to be afraid of. He certainly didn't seem nearly as annoying as Vanille had been, either which in a way made her curious. However, she was afraid that the minute he found out what she was, what she transformed into, it would just ruin anything. Who in their right mind wanted to weild a slingshot? Kassana couldn't imagine anyone who would. However, she really had no choice. If Death wanted them to work together, then he would find out eventually anyway.
"I - I'm a - I'm a slingshot," she muttered softly. It was obvious that she didn't want to admit it.

Aeryn saw it almost immediately. She was nervous. He saw it in her short stride as she stepped back when he stepped forward. He made sure to introduce himself, give her the first bit of information, even - all before he actually stepped forward. Most people would have found that ice breaker sufficient, but not her. This wasn't exactly a problem for him, but it was definitely something he picked up on and something he would most definitely have to dance around if he wanted this partnership to work. Her later stammering only confirmed this, but more over, it effectively made him aware of an insecurity she had. Maybe she was like this for a reason? Aeryn had no real room to judge, so right now, these were innocent observations.

'She's a slingshot,' he thought to himself. For a brief moment, he wasn't quite sure how to react to this. Really, it all came down to one thing: she was a ranged weapon. Regardless of if she was a slingshot or a bazooka, she was a ranged weapon. Aeryn would have greatly preferred something melee. Something he could get up close and personal with, and he meant with the enemy. Aeryn wanted a weapon he could jump into battle and bring forth a glorious dance of defeat and victory. A slingshot wasn't quite what he had in mind. What struck him, really, is that Lord Death obviously wanted to give him someone he would have to connect with personally. Someone that he wouldn't just find himself immediately empowered by. Lord Death wanted his pet experiment to have a working relationship with someone, or so Aeryn thought. The shinigami obviously could have just been pairing them at random; Aeryn was a firm believer that he made flippant decisions all the time.

"Huh," was the first verbose reply that Aeryn made. "Ranged weapons normally use the soul of their Meister to make their ammunition," Aeryn commented. Obviously, Aeryn wasn't going to be flinging rocks with a slingshot. Irrelevant of how primitive the weapon might seem, any ranged weapon was directly empowered by the person using it, thus it was only as weak as one allowed it to be. "As long as that's the same with you, then I'm not terribly concerned about our combat prowess. Think about it like this: what if you were a bolt-action rifle with a scope? First, you'd be larger and clunky; hard to use. Secondly, it'd actually take longer to reload. Lastly, a scope would almost make you exclusive to long-range; without physical sights, aiming up close would be a pain," Aeryn explained.

Really, Aeryn wasn't trying to make a point. The first thing he pieced together was that she didn't like her weapon form. So, the very first thing he intended on doing was to explain how her form might not necessarily be as bad as she thought. He provided a straight-forward, logical explanation and compared her to what likely was a perfect example of a conceptualized ideal weapon. However, what was ideal for a normal human might not be nearly as ideal for a Meister. If he could at least make her somewhat comfortable with herself, then actually syncing with her in combat wouldn't be nearly as difficult... or so he thought.

Kassana was slightly confused by his statement. Everything he said made sense - it made perfect sense and it matched up with everything she had ever read in books as well. However, she had never met another person who just went and explained something like that.
'Is that how normal conversation is supposed to go?' she couldn't help but wonder. 'That's not how Vanille did it.' Thinking for a moment, she also realized that Vanille was very annoying. This guy - this Aeryn - was so far not.

"Um..." she stuttered once more, this time because she was really uncertain as to whether or not she knew how to make conversation anymore. "Ranged weapons usually use the soul of their meister to make ammunition - yes. I - I think I read that in a book... somewhere. I - umm - Vanille... she never used me as a weapon. She - she just - she just used her own soul," Kassana commented.

Kassana's mind was flipping through everything she had ever read, trying to confirm everything that Aeryn had said with what she remembered seeing in the pages of the library and she didn't find anything that was off about any of it.
"But... I - I guess that sounds right?" She wasn't sure if that was the right thing to say or not, but she couldn't think of how else to reply.

A few things about what he said struck her as odd. He had mentioned 'our' combat prowess. He was already thinking of them as a team when he barely knew her and she barely knew him. With Vanille, they had had to play twenty questions to get anywhere. Then he thought about some of the simpler comments he had made. He had - in a way - complimented her weapon form, and she didn't understand why he would do that. Everything he said was right, though. Slingshots weren't clunky. They didn't take a long time to load. She supposed they also didn't have to be strictly long range. Slowly, as she thought through things, Kassana's body relaxed the slightest bit, her arms returning to her side.

"I - I'm not very strong right now, but I'll try my best, I guess," she finally stated with some amount of confidence, believing that it really was an ok thing to say. "And - and yes, I am Kassana. You can call me Kass, though, if you want to."

He could see it. She might not have been half as bold as he was on a dull day, but her mind raced a million miles per minute. He had no idea what she was thinking, but he was sure it bounced around so many subjects that he didn't need to. Kass, if that's what she wanted to be called, had a sharp mind. Aeryn would double down on her having a weak imagination, though. She didn't see things, especially herself, for what they could be. She looked at things from a purely logical, almost entirely academic approach. While this was his speculation, it was derived off of his own analysis. He couldn't see into her mind, but he could see every body gesture she made and nothing could hide that level of thought inside someone's eyes.

"Alright, Kass," Aeryn replied, emphasizing her name how she suggested it, "I'll show you the difference between what I can do and what we can do." Aeryn then walked off the tiled ground and into the green grass near the courtyard. He scavenged through the dirt for a few moments before finding two chunks of what appeared to be the wall. There weren't any holes nearby, so these were probably left over from when it was patched for some reason or another. Those details didn't matter. Aeryn held one of the stones in his hand and began charging it with his own soul wavelength. With a quick smile, he looked back to Kassana and said, "I'm going to put a very specific amount of energy in this." It was an odd claim, but nonetheless made his point.

He then chucked the rock straight into the air. Once it hit its peak, he clutched his open hand and caused the rock to explode mid-air, making it rain down debris. It wasn't exactly impressive; almost any seasoned Meister in a combat class could perform a punch to do something similar. Although, this specific application implied that Aeryn was talented enough to do so at a range, with slightly more timed control and of course do it to a moving target.
"Simple enough," he said, "but I want you to turn into your weapon form for this next one. I'll use the exact same amount of energy, but I want you to see the difference between me alone and us working together."

Kassana wasn't sure what to do at this point. They had made progress, that much was sure. She trusted this person ten times more than she had ever trusted Vanille, but as her eyes turned around to look at all the other students who could see them, all the other students who would see her as the pathetic weapon she still believed she was - well, it was enough to convince her that transforming was most definitely not something she wanted to do at the present time.

Slowly and uncertainly, Kassana shook her head.
"You - you don't have to show me," she muttered softly, her shyness and uncertainty returning to an extent. She made a decision then. She would transform for him if it came to a fight. Maybe with this new meister, she could at least be of some use regardless of anything else. That much he had convinced her of and all of his statements matched up with what she had read. However, none of what he said was enough to convince her to transform in front of her other classmates without a really good reason to do so.

"You don't have to show me," she repeated herself. "I believe you." It was a brief statement, but it carried a lot of weight. Kassana couldn't actually remember ever saying the three words to a person before. She believed what she read in her books. She believed what she saw with her own eyes to a significant degree. She believed what the teachers taught her because everything they taught her was in the books that she read. This was different. She believed Aeryn in the sense that she trusted him to be able to apply what he said in an actual situation. Both his demeanor and his significant knowledge showed Kassana that he knew what he was talking about. She couldn't, of course, explain how she knew that, but she did. "I believe you, Aeryn."

"A weapon and a meister first bond," he began to explain, "when they first touch. I've never read anywhere or been told by anyone that it must by as a weapon." Aeryn could see her eyes dart over to the others. He was sure of it now. Maybe she was bullied. Maybe they ridiculed her. Maybe it was something more significant that happened elsewhere. Or, maybe it was just something deep down inside her that she was afraid of. Regardless of what it was, he was absolutely sure she feared being judged by the others for her weapon form. If anything, this was a test of such, and she confirmed it. And, as much as he hated to admit it, he could somewhat sympathize with her. However, sympathy like that would only last a moment. Sure, it sucks that you don't get to be a scythe or a sword or a warhammer, but his mentality was to make the most of what you have. What you are. Hell, he barely knew anything about himself.

Aeryn extended his hand and dropped the remaining stone. With the same smile laced with his trademark confidence, he said,
"so, take my hand, close your eyes and focus. As long as I'm here, no one will say a cross word to you. If they do, I'll kick their ass up the street one way... and when we're done training, you'll be prepared to kick down the other. Nothing and no one holds you back except yourself." Aeryn let his own surity seep into every word he said. Even if Kass had no faith in herself, Aeryn had an undying faith that he would make her into the strongest weapon of whatever class she was put in. Sure, maybe he had no ground to believe that. Maybe he was shooting for the moon. But, Aeryn believed that even if you missed the moon, you'd land among stars, and that's not so bad either.

Something about Aeryn's words sounded right to Kassana. It sounded almost poetic. She hadn't read very many poetry books; she hadn't even delved into prose all that much either, but if there was one thing she did know, it was that when words sounded right and when they just looked right, there tended to be some truth to them. It wasn't something that had ever required her to act on it before though and that was where a lot of her current hesitancy came into play. Kassana wasn't really one for making a leap of faith into something that might have been true.

Her eyes flickered once more to the group of students - to Lord Death, Professor Miyako and Professor Hiro among all the students and then she looked back to Aeryn again. There was something about the way he talked that made him seem different from everyone else. Sure, there were times where Kassana would have easily compared him to any of the other students - to Ivy or Malacai or ... well, no, not Igor.

Kassana hesitantly stepped out on to the grass, wondering why she was doing any of this at all, wondering if she had lost all of her reasons. It didn't make sense to her - to do something because she believed in a person rather than to do something simply because it made sense. Once more, her eyes trickled back to the group although she quickly pulled them away. She was afraid that by now someone would be watching them, that someone would label them weird, or that someone would come up with an even worse name for her than bookworm. She wanted to be more than someone who read books all the time. She wanted to be like the heroes in her books. All the heroes in her books had friends so surely this couldn't be a bad thing. Although she never said anything, never said a word behind what she was thinking, that was her justification as she held out her hand.

"Good choice," Aeryn said aloud before he gently latched onto her hand. It didn't take much. A quick spark from the physical connection, and their souls were already doing the rest. While their wavelengths were naturally tuning themselves to sync, Aeryn was actively hastening the process using his own developed skills. He wasn't an EAT one-star for nothing. In a brief few moments, several that flew by as fast as one, a connection was created that bridged them completely. Instead of hearing his voice out loud, they both heard his voice from inside their minds - connected in the same way their souls now touched. 'This is what the bond between a Meister and a weapon should be, Kass,' he said, echoing within their minds. A leap of faith plunged them knee-deep into brand new waters, and their telepathic bond only represented the beginning.

Kassana was awestruck. That was the only way she could even begin to describe it and she still didn't even feel like that covered the half of it. In all reality, she didn't know what to say - or, in this case, what to think. How could anything quite like this exist when she hadn't read about it? It didn't quite make sense. At the same time, it was a bit much to process.
'We should go,' she almost whispered. She didn't want to leave this place where she finally felt like she knew what she was doing, but she felt that they should. 'Our team will be waiting for us and we shouldn't hold them up.' In this place, her stutter, her shyness, it was like it wasn't a part of her. No, that wasn't quite right. It was still a part of her, but she could move beyond it. She didn't want to lose that. 'We should go.'

'When we touch, regardless of your form, we can come here,' he said inside their minds. He then let go of her hand, resulting in their connection being severed. The walls came crashing down as easily as they were brought up. They returned to their regular reality, and Aeryn still wore his confidence on his sleeve, letting it shine through his gleaming smile. "Now, Kass, you said we had a team. Lord Death just told me I was finally being assigned a partner. Why don't you lead us to our new team?" he asked her. If they needed to go, they would. But, the first chance he got, he was going to show her just what she could do with the right Meister.

Original Post by The Succubi Queen

Deryn Nicole Renoir and Arthur Oliver Williams

Name:
Deryn and Arthur (@Ariettie)

Classification: Temporary Pair

Mood:
Frustrated and Nervous/Paranoid

Team: Miyako- Specter Lab

Interacting with: Each Other
“Thank you, Lord Death.” Deryn nodded, before facing the boy and looking over the boy who was supposed to be her partner for this mission. He was about the same size as her, which stemmed the nervousness of having to suddenly work with a complete stranger. “Deryn Renoir. I’m a close combat specialized meister, NEW class. Arthur, was it? Can I call you that, or are you one of people who hates their name for some dumb reason?”

Arthur looked at the girl who he was to work with. He felt the familiar twinge of fear and disgust well up in him, as he always did when locking eyes with any member of the female population, but quickly pushed it down. The girl reminded him of some of his mermaids, with her delicate facial features, and wispy hair. His scarlet eyes met her purple ones as she spoke to him, inquiring about his name. Arthur attempted to sound civil as he corrected her on his preferred title. “Arthur is my name, though I’d prefer you call me King Arthur, my Lady…”

Arthur used every ounce of his restraint to act as a king should towards a lady, despite his personal feeling towards the women of the world in which he was forced to associate. He had his own beliefs about women, none of them good, as he thought they were all deceptive, liars, and cheats.

King Arthur?” She asked, one eyebrow raised as she held back a sigh of exasperation. This did not bode well, if he had enough of an ego to want to be called 'King'. “I will try my best, but no promises. And there’s no need to call me ‘My Lady’, my name will do just fine.” She thought about sarcastically calling him “Your Highness” but decided against it. They were supposed to getting along as partners, and even if this guy was eyeing her like she was a piece of refuse, Deryn would be civil. “If you don’t mind my asking: what kind of weapon are you?” She prayed he wasn’t a gun. She could handle anything, except for a gun.

Arthur could feel the tension in the air, but still replied, “I’m a Double Bladed Chainsaw, my La- I mean…” Arthur paused, not remembering the young Meister’s name. He stood there wide eyed, and panicked, like a deer in headlights, as he racked his brain for the girls name. His paranoia grew, as his panic did, in fear of what this girl would do. He averted his eyes from the girl, and admitted, “I-I’m afraid that your name has slipped my mind…”

This time she did sigh. How could he have already forgotten her name already? How conceited did he have to be, to act like this? “Deryn. It’s Deryn.” She didn’t even bother to worry about the fact that he was a loud noisy chainsaw. This was going to be a very short-lived partnership, she could sense it already. “Let’s just… get through this mission without dying, ok, King Arthur?” The title had a heavy touch of sarcasm.

Arthur looked at her and said, “Very well, my Lady.” Arthur had used the same tone Deryn had used with him when addressing him by his preferred title: the same mocking tone, laced with sarcasm.

Jessyka Volontari

“My head is on right!” Jessyka snapped back at Rema, her entire body jolting forward as though she meant to engage the NEW student although it appeared that such a thing would not be possible because Lord Death jumped in the way. Considering the situation, Jessyka quickly decided that a fight would not have been worth it anyway because the girl was NEW. There was no way she would’ve stood a chance.

It still couldn’t be helped though; Jessyka had to try to get in the last word. “You’re lucky Lord Death got in the way!”

Sighing, Jessyka turned back to her partner and mocked, “You or your partner is going to get hurt… pssht! Please! We’re a great team, right Smoky?” A smile sprouted on her face as the annoyance that had flickered there faded. “At least we didn’t decide to charge into a fight like some people…” she winked, really hoping that Daemon would hear her. She wanted someone to talk to and apparently that new girl Rema had not been a good place to start.

@ShadowHuntress @AnnoDomini @Refaulted

Original Post by Refaulted

Daemon Alexanders and Zyra Harriot

Daemon stood limply, his body slack as he looked at everyone interacting with each other. He kept his face in a calm and neutral way, his lips sealed. Zyra had said before that, sometimes, Daemon could be too obnoxious. So, she showed him a simple trick on how to remain silent: focus on the voices of others. And it really helped. The murmurs and talking of his schoolmates was actually rather calming. He still wanted to move, but Zyra was standing right next to him, and he didn't want to annoy her at that moment. He bounced very lightly on his feet, though, to relieve his desire to run around.

Zyra listened to the words of Lord Death, frowning. She and Daemon worked better without anyone else, since it meant neither her nor Daemon really had to hold back in a fight. When Daemon went wild, it was rather scary, since she always saw it firsthand. But he always stopped when she told him to, which was helpful in getting out of a situation. They truly did make a good pair.

When they were set and done, Zyra exhaled sharply, crossing her arms over her chest. "
As much as I want to leave these fools in the dust...if Lord Death wants us to..."

Daemon nodded quickly, smiling. "
Mister Death wants us to try our hardest! If we have to work with others, then we can adapt, Z!" He grabbed Zyra's arm, which Zyra simply angled her gaze down to look at him. "It'll be fun! Maybe Mister Death will see our potential and increase our ranks!" Zyra only scoffed, flicking Daemon's nose. He yelped, placing his hands over his face, aside from his eyes. "Yes, yes...and maybe I'll skip out on doing homework someday." Daemon pouted, not happy about his partner's unenthusiastic response.

Daemon perked up as he heard his name called, and whipped to look at Jessyka. He grinned, pumping his fists in the air, the sleeves of his jacket falling down to his elbows. "Yes, ma'am! This is gonna be fun!" Daemon began giggling, and Zyra smiled slightly behind him. She patted Daemon on the shoulder once, before walking away. "Daemon, stay there. I am going to go and grab some stuff from home, like food and such. Want me to grab you your stuff as well?"

Daemon nodded, waving to Zyra as she walked away. "
Yes, please! Clean set of clothes and one of my new books!" Zyra gave him a thumbs-up before she disappeared down the street, leaving Daemon alone with his own strange thoughts.

He watched Jessyka and Rema interact, giggling at tiny intervals. People arguing over simple things really did get him going. He and Zyra argued outside the house, of course, but at home, they got along perfectly. Daemon would help clean the house, though he always left his room a mess (he couldn't remember what the floor looked like, exactly). He would also dance with Zyra whenever they had free time, since she liked doing it so much. He would not forgive her for trying to sign him up for dance lessons, though.

He focused back on the real world when he caught Jessyka looking at him. Unsure of what she said, he just smiled and nodded, though he was confused on why she might have been talking about him. "
I mean, sure...?" He looked down the street for Zyra, wondering what was taking her so long.

He listened to Rema's retort, and frowned. He walked forwards, pouting. "
You two should be nicer to each other. Sometimes, it's okay to treat things like a game, because it's more fun that way!" He flung his arms out, grinning. His jacket sleeves flopped over his hands, hanging slightly, thought the tips of his middle fingers were just barely visible. "That way, if you die, you'll die smiling! It's really nice!" He let his arms fall again, and tilted his head to the side, grinning...a little too wide.

Original Post by AnnoDomini

Skyler "Smoky" Emerson

Skyler snarled and looked at the NEW student. Taking a few steps forward, he was in front of his meister, holding a hand back on Jessyka. Looking back, he smiled and winked, then turned his face towards Rema again, his expression changing to the serious face he had before. Skyler clearly was not happy about the interaction from earlier.

"Listen here, n-new student. Do not ever, ever, pick on my meister. I-I do not care who you are, what you are doing at the moment, but s-she tried to be friendly. But clearly you are a rude little girl, and to be honest, I am only accepting to be your teammate, only because I am f-following orders." Skyler said, with a cold voice, more colder than anyone had ever heard.

Skyler turned his glance at the guy that suddenly popped in. He was much younger than him, and Skyler appreciated his enthusiasm and general positive outlook, although he seemed a little crazy at times. "I-I'm Skyler, and behind me is Jessyka. N-Nice to meet you." A smile crept on his face, not realizing this thing.

@Violet Obsidian @Refaulted @ShadowHuntress

Original Post by Arkytior

Alessandra Volkov

Classification: Meister

Nickname: Alessa Wolf

Partner: Jayce

Feeling: Worried / Upset
Frowning, Alessa doubted that her new partner was speaking the truth. With a sigh and a small nod, she accepted his words, although her thoughts were spread wide across her face. Biting her lip she let her hand slide off his shoulder to rest at her side. "I-If you're sure..." she murmured, standing up straight.

As Jayce followed her example and turned to listen to Lord Death explain the situation to Miya-sensei who had just arrived, Alessa could only stand beside her partner and fidget. Wringing her hands together, biting her lips, shifting from foot to foot, she did it all. She couldn't help herself, she just didn't know what exactly to do! She wanted to help Jayce, she did! But...she didn't know how. And well. They weren't even partners for a whole day yet, so she doubted he would just suddenly open up and tell her everything that was bothering him. She sighed sadly, hanging her head. She just didn't know what to do other than just be there beside him.

"I guess we're with Miya-sensei," Jayce said, turning to her. "Shall we?"

"Y-yeah," she said, putting up a small smile. While being near Jayce gave her a bit of courage, she still wasn't entirely sure how helpful she'd be on this mission. She'd never partnered with anyone before and she didn't have much of an idea on how to actually be a Meister. Taking in a deep breath, she started to fiddle with her fingers, glancing up at her partner through her bangs. "U-um...if...if you ever want to...talk or something..." she paused, swallowing. "You know, a-about what happened...Um....well....I-I'm here..." she trailed off.

Taking another deep breath, she nodded to herself, assuring herself of her own words.
"While I know...I know we only just partnered up and stuff but...I want to get to know you better so...so eventually I can be strong for you."

@DaughterofAthena

Original Post by Stormborn Targaryen

Malacai “Grave” and Isaac “Lion”

The chain whip in Malakai’s hands spun out of the meister’s grip, glowing in bright light as the weapon transformed back into a human form that glanced down at his messed up shirt with a look of disgust. “Yuck!” he grunted. Malakai really hadn’t fought cleanly with his weapon - not by a longshot. “Did you really have to go that far?”

Malakai let out a usual disinterested grunt at the end of a battle. He then turned to Isaac, taking note of how dirty he was. "You and I both know that I have an issue holding back. Besides, Keziah and Axel were just a little out of it. I'm not sure if anything less would have cut it. Go clean yourself up. I'll figure out what is going on here."

Issac turned away and made sure to go do just that. Normally, he'd have had it out with Malakai, as they usually do after a battle, but he was not up to it. All the blood in that battle, and Axel's reactions, as well as being inside of Axel's mouth... He had a lot more to think about right now.

Malakai was also lost in a deep sense of thought. What the hell happened here? Why did Keziah and Axel suddenly go beserk? And why were they able to take so much punishment? We must figure this out before it gets any worse. I don't want to be forced to mortally injure any more of my classmates. Who knows? Maybe Isaac will fall to... whatever it was next. Malakai felt a chill run down his spine as he thought about this. He'd never hurt his partner. Weapon and Meister are more than just friends and teammates. They really are two halves of the same whole. I should go find a teacher... figure out what the next course of action is.

It was at that moment that Lord Death walked out and began to address the students as a group. Apparently there was something about a break in at a lab...? The lines didn't seem to quite match up although the grim reaper seemed to think it was a good place to start looking into how the whole situation had come about to begin with. The student body was split into two groups which left Malakai to wait for his weapon partner to re-emerge before they could join Professor Miyako.

Issac emerged from his clean up session a lot sooner than most people would. Malakai approached his partner, and merely smiled. "Let me guess, eager to get back out there and fight? Not going to care too much about appearence?" Isaac had cleaned off all of the unsightly material, but his clothes remained tattered. Bruises and scrapes were also notable on his skin.

Upon hearing his partner's words, he laughed. "You know me so well. So, what's next?" In response, Malakai relayed Lord Death's instructions to his teammate. Isaac listened intently. "A break-in, huh? Sounds like we have a criminal to round up."

Malakai nodded in response, however, his thoughts didn't exactly match what he was showing. It seems that it should be just that, but then why did Lord Death have such a large group going to take care of it? If it was merely a break-in, Malakai was confident that he and Isaac could fix it themselves. Malakai pushed the thoughts away. He'd figured he should just go see Professor Miyako before he got in even more trouble. He already knew that Axel's injury was not going to be well recieved by Professor Mitsaki. Malakai approached Professor Miyako, Isaac following closely behind. "Hello, Professor. So, we are to find the source of this break-in at Specter Labs, is that right?"

Jayce "Pharaoh" Hammerkin

Classification: Weapon - Khopesh

Partner: Alessa Wolf

Mood: Insightful / Recovering
"While I know...I know we only just partnered up and stuff but...I want to get to know you better so...so eventually I can be strong for you."

Jayce’s head turned to look at Alessa, and for the first time that he had ever looked at her, his eyes seemed to truly take in the whole sight of her. He realized that although she was small - even smaller than he was himself - and even though she didn’t look like much, there was something else there too. He wouldn’t have been able to describe it if anyone had asked him, but she was the kind of person who would learn in time. She was the kind of person who he could grow to care for so much more than he ever thought his own mind would allow.

However, there was something else that he had to be clear on. “It’s not your job to be strong for me. A weapon strives to protect their meister and as your weapon, that is no different for me,” he explained. For the first time, his voice wasn’t exactly soft when he spoke to her. There was a deepness to it, a sincerity that was harsh but honest.

Even though it may have been a hard thing for him to say, Jayce threw in a smile at the end. “And I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to get to know each other better once the city decides to stop destroying itself,” he tried to joke. There was a lightness to the way he said it. That lightness would hopefully convey the fact that he was trying to brighten up the mood a bit although brightening the mood wasn’t exactly something Jayce could claim to be good at.

@Arkytior

Original Post by TheWeirdPhilosopher

Undine Isle & Aoi Asuka

Undine knew she should have been walking towards the fight, not backing away from it, but that was just a minor roadblock... She planned to fight. Honest. But not right this moment. From the looks of it, her classmates had everything pretty under control; although there were some questionable methods for dealing with those induced with madness. But that was just her opinion…

Aoi was actually a little confused as to what was going on. Although, to be honest, he never really had a good grasp on what actually was going on, but he was pretty sure that the fighting was going on that direction. He peered out through the blade to see his meister, it didn’t seem that she was afraid in his opinion. Then why…? ‘Ponytails’ thought to himself stopping mid-question. When he looked back at the actual battle scene, most of them were working well against the madness. However, it was unsettling to him to see them hurting their classmates, Wasn’t that what I was going to do..He thought before shame kicked in, in hyperdrive. “Aoi, are you alright, you’ve been pretty qui— Her words were cut off as she lurched backwards over the corpse of their Ex-professor. She let out a loud yelp catching herself awkwardly in a crab position.

She winced as her weapon fell next to her with a loud clang. “Sorry, Ponytails.” She apologized slowly picking herself up, trying desperately to ignore the foreign blood dripping from her palms.

“Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry, sor-ry?” He fell with his meister, trying to apologize for being quiet -or at least, more than usual. He stood back up, after reverting into his human form, the sight of a mangled teacher was morbid at the least. Aoi felt sick to his stomach, and it didn’t help that his meister was covered in their teacher’s blood. “Oh god…” He spoke under his breath at the scene although others seemed unperturbed by the sight.

Undine grabbed onto Aoi’s arm to help pull herself up out of the crimson puddle. Oh boy, was that her trembling like that? She had accepted that death was apart of the package of fighting in the DWMA, but making angels in blood was definitely not what she had prepared for. “Um,” She took slow breaths trying to calm her thundering pulse and racing thoughts. “Are you alright?” Think happy thoughts, Dine. Ponies, Rainbows, Candy…. Ice cream. Food in general. Video games. She steadily began to calm down and looked at her weapon to see how he was holding up. “She shouldn’t just be left like this…”

Aoi’s attention drew from the pale corpse, or hopefully living person, to his meister who was hoisting herself up with his arm out of... Punch. Yeah, it is just punch... He thought to himself, yet another horrible lie and he didn’t even say it. “Nope.” He answered, quite honestly too, the only reason he didn’t pass out on the floor is that he didn’t want to touch the corpse. He then tried to think ridiculously optimistic to help himself, M-maybe she isn’t dead, maybe she just lost enough blood to lose consciousness?, He continued his thoughts before glancing up at Undine who seemed to figure out how to deal with this. “Should we take her to the clinic…” He said, trying to ignore realistic thinking.

“Sure, a clinic. Or a morgue.” She retorted. Undine glanced over at Aoi and presently winced at the bluntness of her words when it frankly obvious that her weapon wasn’t holding up very well. Aoi drew a breath, when his meister gave him the realistic thought, he knew it, but he didn’t want to believe it. Undine was barely keeping it together herself, but that was no excuse for being so insensitive to her partner. “I- I didn’t mean…" Undine momentarily fumbled over her words for an apology for her bluntness, but nothing sufficed and her face blazed. "On second thought, I’ll be right back.”

He fell to the ground, before his meister spoke again giving a hesitant nod, with this body how it was, brought the seriousness to light. He grabbed the pale hand of the teacher, “Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry…(x5)” He continued with his apologetic streak.

Undine hurried off towards the stairs of the DWMA to catch her breath. She wasn’t the best at handling situations, and that fact ashamed her when she couldn’t even comfort her partner without saying something out of line.

Ponytails stood back from the corpse when he was done speaking to it, oddly the thing that he had been working on to get rid of was helping him to calm down enough to go find wherever his meister was.

He ran down the direction where Undine left, she was right, even if he didn’t like it. He couldn’t help this person, he can’t. However, he didn’t want to accept that either.

Undine slowed down at the sight of what looked to be one of her fellow classmates having a breakdown, but she didn’t want to jump to conclusions.”Hey...” She started making a move to put her hand on his shoulder but stopped feeling unsure of herself. Next thing she knew he was moving to go talk to his meister and the moment of action was lost.

Aoi gasped for air as he placed his hands on his thighs, physical stuff really wasn’t for him was it? He glanced as he started to walk towards his meister and another male whom he didn’t honestly recognize before he stood right next to Undine.Okay, he needs help..like now. Oh, wait, isn’t that the coward? Well…true to the title... Ponytails bit his tongue as he apologized quietly, “Sorry, Sorry, Sorry..” Aoi took a step forward to the male as Lord Death split them into two - is that actually the best option. He thought before apologizing in his head to Lord Death.

Undine took a slow step away from the male as Lord Death made his appearance to tell them to break off into groups. She glanced at Aoi raising an eyebrow at the face he was making at their classmate. Hmm. She’d address that later. Right now their focus was on doing something with the professor's corpse, the mission their teams had been assigned to, and, hopefully, an ice cream social after this mess was done and over with.

“So Aoi, how about we take that body to the morgue before we have to leave?”

(@T h e F o o l )

Crisis Team 2: The Cave

Leader - Hiro Mitsaki

Students - Ivy Landvik and Demitri Voclain, Hotaru Yukishiro and Ren Ichisayame, Rita Ito and Warren Langston, Nicole Heimholtz and Ryoma Takagi, Honey Mitskuni and Igor, Undine Isles and Aoi Asuka, Aeryn and Kassana Silverstream

Gathering the Group

“Hotaru and Ren!” Hiro called out as soon as the two students appeared by Miyako. “You’re with me!” His voice took on an unusual leader-like tone as he spoke. He really was trying to do his job for once because when Lord Death asked him to do something, laziness suddenly wasn’t an option; at least, it wasn’t supposed to be an option anymore.

As all of the students gathered in front of him, Hiro’s eyes scanned over the group as he tried to figure out several different ways to carry out such a mission with his group. Ivy and Demitri were certainly the strongest students he had been assigned although he had a few others of note that he was confident could hold their own if they took things seriously enough. His eyes dwelled for a moment longer on the NEW students than they did on any of the others because they would be his top priority if things got out of hand. Forcing them into a fight would not be wise and it would only make more paperwork for him in the long run.

Hiro could not ignore the fact that Lord Death had already helped slightly on the point of the NEW students by pairing Kassana and Aeryn. Although the death weapon did not know much about the boy, he knew that Lord Death was confident in the mystery student’s ability to hold his own to a decent degree.

Without vocalizing any of his present thoughts, deciding that it would be better to wait until he had a better understanding of what exactly they were walking into, Hiro called out, “Let’s go!” to the students before he turned and lead them outside the boundaries of Death City.

The Hiding of Deanna Jones

An ominous feeling would wash over a select few members of the group. Hiro felt it wash over him with continuing dread as he stopped walking, hoping that none of the students who would also sense it would decide to charge ahead on their own. Such an idea would not be wise if what he felt was what he imagined it was.

His eyes flickered over all of the students who had been following him as he tried to gauge whether or not any of them felt it too. He wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t seeing as they were still quite a ways out on the cave and many of them wouldn’t have developed quite the senses for it. To them, it would more than likely seem as though Hiro was contemplating something as he stood there frozen; however, his words were hopefully reassuring to a degree. “Be ready,” he warned them. “We’re almost there.” That being said, Hiro lead them forward once more. He was unwilling to terrify them any more. While he knew what was ahead, the strength of it didn’t quite match up to the fear he knew it would cause if he mentioned it.

As they walked, the likelihood only grew that the students would sense it. The cave came into sight and there was a figure standing there oddly. Hiro wouldn’t have been surprised if the being knew they were coming and although his own senses were significantly less without the presence of his meister, the professor knew a witch when he saw one. It’s presence made Hiro curious. Why would a witch seek a cure to madness? And why would a witch wait when a group of DWMA students approached? Wouldn’t hiding be a better idea?

Then of course, there was the cave itself. From the outside, the cave looked rather small. This may not have said much to anyone who didn’t think about it, but if it was given the smallest amount of thought, any of the students would be drawn to the same conclusion. The cave descended underground. There may have been quite more to the location that initially met the eye.

Regardless of his questions, Hiro was certain that it would only be a moment before something happened. All that remained was to see who made the first move - his students or the witch.

As you arrive at the cave, there is a stranger standing outside of it. The soul seers among you can tell it is a witch. If you can’t see souls, you are unaware of this fact until someone mentions it. If you can see souls, you can mention that the figure is a witch although you are under no obligation to say so.

@Stamper @Violet Obsidian @Sophrosyne03 @DeadgurlXD @TheWeirdPhilosopher @T h e F o o l @Pariah Stark

Original Post by Sunbather

⚪ | Asa Vesper

A high-pitched squeak sounded in short, irregular intervals, similar to a morse code. The chubby little shadow continously flailing in mid-air, only to swirl to the other side of the lanky figure seemed to be restless, possibly startled. "Yes, yeees, I know." an upsettingly vague, absent-minded voice answered in regards to the twichy, bat-like creature. The answer did not seem to satisfy or calm the little demon at all though, only making it fly faster, squeaking louder. The remotely female-sounding voice let out a groan, then tip-toed closer to the cave's entrance, the already sculiosis-like bended spine bowing even further. Though the witch's height hid it quite well, it was still more than odd looking, as if she could clasp herself like a jackknife. "I'm not sure how..." the voice began, only to trail off again.

"I'm gonna get beaten, aren't I?" The question didn't seem to be directed to anyone in particulary, not even the little creature swirling around in immediate proximity, as the witch straightened herself out again, shoulders hanging in clear lack of motivation. "I'm so screwed if I mess this up... So screwed, so screwed, so screwed, so screwed, so... SHUT UP!" The outburst came sudden, shaking the twig-like body forcefully, as one of the long arms flung into the air with surprising speed. "SHUT UP!" the witch repeated, now having the little demon in a tight grip. The chubby body wiggled inside her palm, every now and then receiving a bit of pressure that made it squeal. The witch started to snivel, as if she was close to crying, then let the demon go and stared towards the cave. "Hhhmmmgg..."

Finally, the sound of someone stepping on a branch startled her, turning her attention toward the approaching group of students. "Oh..." Her head tilted and only partially visible, as most of her face was hidden from sight due to her outfit's high collar. Slowly, her left arm rose into the air, eventually moving in a waving motion. A barely audible "Hello..." came out of her direction, seemingly without a worry in the world.

HcosgLr.png

Collab Post

DaughterofAthena & Pariah Stark

Kassana & Aeryn

Duo (Red Streak)

Near the Cave

No tags

Kassana stuck close to her meister as the group left the DWMA and even went so far as to leave the bounds of Death City itself. It wasn't that she didn't know anyone in the group; she had actually had brief introductions with most of them. However, the situation didn't feel like the kind of situation where it would be appropriate to force any interaction. Anticipations were high and everyone was curious to see what they would find and whether or not this mission would turn out to be a wild goose chase or not. That meant for the most part, they walked in silence and that was no problem with the silver-haired girl.

It was only when Hiro stopped walking that Kassana's own curiosity grew the slightest bit.
'Why would Professor Mitsaki stop here?' she wondered. And then when the teacher proceeded to warn them, she became even more uncomfortable. This was her first mission for the academy and she didn't feel even the slightest bit ready for it. She wanted to be helpful, and she hoped that she could be, but when Hiro started walking again, something irked her.

Kassana didn't see anything - not exactly. Something just felt very out of place in such a way that she couldn't even describe it. Looking around at the other students, Kassana wondered if any of them felt it too or if she was just weird. She didn't see any of them acting like they felt anything odd. Maybe that meant that they were just used to it. Wanting to look brave like them, Kassana decided not to say anything despite her growing urge to run and hide. This was not where she wanted to be right now and the thought of moving forward scared her. Sighing slightly, the girl tapped her new meister on the shoulder, unsure of what else she could do while they continued walking.

Aeryn had taken a far more serious attitude with the situation once they left Death City. Presently, he was in a focused state. Observing and considerate of everything around him, probably nothing more than his new partner, Kassana. If anything ran a close second, it was Hiro, the leader of their little party. Objectively, until a target or objective showed itself, Aeryn had nothing to really focus on except his partner and leadership, and even with those two things, the fact he was focusing at all before a battle even began was somewhat uncommon for him. Aeryn personally was confident in his abilities and normally required actually getting hit - pretty hard at that - to focus on something. But, he still needed to win over the trust and confidence of Kassana. If he didn't seem reliable now, he was pretty sure she wouldn't be reliable when he needed her.

Once the entire group seemed to stop in tandem with their leader, Aeryn was already reacting. While Kassana was considering establishing contact with Aeryn, he had already stepped back and briefly brushed his shoulder against hers just as her sigh was audible. This slight connection is all it took to create their telepathic bond. Kassana didn't necessarily need to be sure of what she could do: Aeryn already had an idea.
'Kass,' he told her, 'Take your weapon form. Even if you don't like it. Think about it - quickly: a leader only needs to stop when his objective changes or he needs to reassess the situation. In either case, it would be wise to be prepared beforehand; by keeping our minds connected, our communication increases drastically, and so does our safety.'

Kassana nearly jumped when she first heard Aeryn through their link. In her distraction with what she felt - with the ominousness of the situation - she had completely forgotten that such a thing was possible although she was quick to remember and she didn't lose too many of his words in the process. Even as he finished, though, it was apparent that she was hesitant. None of the other students had transformed so far; no one else was preparing for a fight.

She agreed on several points. Communication was nice. The dead silence that they were travelling in only made the fear that grew inside of her so much worse so having a voice, even if it wasn't out loud, was something she knew she would be able to draw comfort from. Kassana also agreed that it would be wise to be prepared. However, this was where her problem came in. Did that mean they were the only two people within the group who were wise?

And then there was that feeling that she couldn't quite place. Kassana knew she couldn't continue to ignore it. Kassana quickly turned to look at Aeryn, meaning to ask him if he knew anything about it - the odd feeling - and when her eyes fell upon him, Kassana remembered something. She remembered that she had decided to trust him. She remembered telling herself that when the time came, she would work with him and try to be the best partner she could be regardless of how useless she felt.
'Alright,' she practically whispered into their link.

Kassana's body began to glow with a subtle white light as the transformation began. She was by no means an expert in controlling the transformation yet, and it was by no means anything that could be considered fast. She actually had only done it on a countable number of occasions altogether, but it had never completely failed her. Rather, it just took time. As her body compacted, taking on the form of a slingshot, Kassana still utilized their link.
'There's something... I - I think,' she was very unsure of herself but she didn't want him to be unwarned. 'I - I don't like it and it's - it's scary.' By the time she had finished her attempt at an explanation, the transformation was complete.

It took a moment. Actually, several moments. Aeryn was patient with her; he could feel how hesitant she was. He knew that on some level, this was an important step for her. Considering she wouldn't do it before, doing it now had to mean something. To Aeryn, it was a necessity to accomplish anything. To Kassana, it was a victory in and of itself. Awarding her patience is the best he could do. Notably, the transformation itself was slow, but successful. He held her as a slingshot in his hand. While many others might not have been impressed, Aeryn was simply happy that she was balanced and even. The worst case scenario, in his mind, would have been if her entire form looked as if she was carved from warped wood with a dull pocket knife. What he saw was a pleasant alternative.

Now that she was in his hand and in her weapon form, Aeryn could also feel their telepathic bond significantly better. She came in clearer. He felt closer to her. It made sense, but it also shared more of his deeper emotions. So, most of what he just felt: the odd sense of relief, the patience, even the odd sense of understanding for the sake of making their team work - it was all available to her. Maybe not immediately, but it would be. Some things took time to process.

'You're probably right,' he replied, 'we wouldn't stop for nothing. My Soul Perception has a fairly short range, but it's pretty clear. Once we're in range, I'll get a better idea. But, by process of elimination, we're dealing either a horribly corrupted human, a witch or pre-Kishin. I highly doubt assorted students like us would deal with an actual Kishin.' By this time, the group had continued walking. Now that Aeryn was in control, the burden of their placement was on him. Luckily, this was a fairly easy burden for him to carry. In fact, he preferred it. Kassana no longer had to worry about herself, really; she was in the relatively safe hands of Aeryn, and with that knowledge, he felt so much more reassured than her being separate.

'Keep in mind one more thing, Kass,' he added as soon as his footsteps began, 'even if we're the only duo transformed, there is no loss in it. You don't get fatigued just by transforming, you're incredibly lightweight so you won't wear me down and you can't really fight on your own. You being transformed is a complete benefit to us and it keeps you safer. I would rather you be safe in my hand then try to fit into this flock of students. We don't have to be the same as them.'

Kassana was very uncomfortable and she was fairly certain that emotion was now readily available to her meister which only made the situation worse. She wanted their team to work out and she didn't think that such an open connection benefited them - at least, not at the moment. She didn't want do drag him down.

That being said, Kassana's demeanor perked up slighly when he mentioned his soul perception. However, that small positive didn't remain for long as he listed off all the possibilites that came to mind.
'Be careful!' she warned him, suddenly concerned. She didn't want him to get hurt on her behalf.

Listening as he tried to once more explain things to her, Kassana nodded along, wondering whether or not such an acknowledgment was readily communicated. She really wasn't used to being in the hands of a meister and so she really wasn't quite sure how everything worked. Once again, everything Aeryn said made perfect sense, but that didn't mean Kassana was happy about it. She didn't want people to have to protect her because that meant she was weak, a liability, useless.
'Let me know what I can do to help,' she said softly. Kassana at least wanted to feel like she was actually a part of a team rather than just a weapon to be used. That would be better than nothing.

'You are not weak,' he immediately replied to her. He could feel her feelings, at least to some degree. There was an insecurity deep within her, and he was doing everything he could to support that. He ignored what she said and cut directly to the chase. 'My general style of fighting, Kass, is to get in close, take a couple dozen hits, figure out how my target works, then take it down. You're a ranged weapon. You change my fighting style entirely. If anything, just by having you here, you keep me safe because I have to fight even smarter. Not only that, I can't just launch a flurry of attacks either; I have to plan everything out because we could potentially hit our own teammate. I've never worked with anyone here before; a fight will be chaos. We have to fight smart or we lose - period.'

'Kass, you may not be a lot of things most people want, but you're one thing I absolutely respect: smart.'

As soon as Aeryn mentioned fighting smart, Kassana's mind took off as she recalled everyone who was on their team, everyone who was in their group. She only had to list off a few names before the observation hit her hard.
'We don't have a fight smart kind of group,' she stated. 'That's not going to be good, is it?'

'I told you, Kass, my style of fighting is normally to get in close, take a couple dozen hits, figure out how my target works, then take it down. With you, we can let them take the hits and if they can't take down our target, our goal is to make sure we can. Our goal is to observe everything we can, provide support and make sure no one gets too badly injured. Let's say one of them goes down. If we're backlines, our goal is to get them out. We're not useless. Even if we only help once, even if we only provide covering fire, we are not useless. Any idiot can go in guns blazing, but he won't always win. Our goal is to make sure the idiots win every time.'

Kassana, if she could have, would have nodded at that. She was fairly sure she knew the plan now to an extent although it wasn't exactly the heroic thing she had expected on her first mission. Seeing as she had that part down well enough, Kassana remained quiet for the pesent moment - not seeing a point in speaking when there really wasn't much more for her to say. Rather, Kassana took the small window of time to explore things that she hadn't quite experienced before. There was the link with Aeryn which was definitely different from anything she had ever had with Vanille - if you could've even called it a link at all. There was also a feeling of peaceful silence that Kassana hadn't really been able to find before. If she closed her eyes and really listened, she could hear the thrum of her meister's soul. It was the kind of steady sound that one could quickly become entranced by - like rain, in a way. A subtle sound that was easy to fall asleep to.

Settling in for the long hall, Kassana allowed herself to become entranced by it for such a thing was so new to her that it almost sounded musical, beautiful and so well in tune that it was hard for her not to take notice of. Suddenly, being in weapon form wasn't quite uncomfortable anymore. Although she wouldn't notice it herself, Kassana's own wavelength fluctuated with his. It made moves to match it, occasionally getting close before straying away again. Of course, nothing started off perfect.

'It's just ahead,' Kassana whispered into the link. She had found it again - the ominous feeling that was slightly too terrifying to ignore. 'Can you see it?'

Aeryn could tell that Kassana had never had an extended link like this. Inside whatever odd bond they shared, he could sense her exploration. He didn't make a comment. In fact, he tried to mask his emotions as to not bother her. He wanted her to explore it on her own, to develop her own understanding. It was an interesting and admittedly endearing sensation to sense a weapon really beginning to understand their link and what it was meant to be paired with a Meister, not just used as a tool. Aeryn had partners in the past, although he could barely remember them. He knew he had more than one, too. He didn't know how, he just did.

As he thought about it more, this sensation he felt from Kassana, this specific wonder from exploring their bond, he could slowly pull memories of his former weapons from the haze. As he the feelings she felt were a strong hand pulling hard objects from a thick fog - so heavy that no force Aeryn had ever used himself lifted them. He couldn't remember their forms. But, he remembered their faces. His face, actually. A brown haired kid, his age, his voice when they first linked. Over and over, he found himself lost in this loop of this weapon - his friend - repeating "this is amazing" inside their mind the first time they paired.

That loop was cut short soon enough, though. Around the time Kassana could feel the soul, so could Aeryn. He wasn't for sure if her Soul Perception was limited as a weapon or if she just wasn't used to it, but Aeryn was inside his own range. He knew it immediately. They were dealing with a Witch.
'I can,' he answered her, 'remember that feeling, Kassana. That is a Witch. What's odd is that she's not using Soul Protect. She's out in the open. Waiting. I would wager on this being an ambush. a trap, at the very least. We wait. Even if our allies fight, we wait. I want you to keep your focus on our leader at all times. Our highest chance of success is to fight with him, and if I have to go into the fray to save some idiot, I want your eyes to stay on him. Hopefully, our leader isn't the idiot that needs saving.'

'I think I can do that,' Kassana replied swiftly as she searched through the souls of the students to find Professor Hiro's. Although she wasn't quite sure if it was his or not, it was the strongest wavelength in their group so she didn't know who else's it could have been. Surely their professor would be the strongest among them.

Only after she had accomplished the small task that had been given to her did Kassana contemplate the other things Aeryn had mentioned.
'Will the others know... that its a trap?' she wondered. She didn't want to take her concentration off of Hiro, but at the same time, she was concerned for the others in their group. Kassana was concerned for everyone. 'Can we handle a witch... can our team?'

'To answer your question,' Aeryn replied, 'we could handle that Witch ourselves. Do not underestimate us. I am Aeryn, and you make me even stronger. It's not us that I'm concerned about. It's the idiots that I fear. Lord Death will ring my neck if I let one of them die, especially on my first trip out of his room.' Aeryn then stepped forward, nearing Hiro, but stopped entirely. 'As for your second question,' he added. "This screams trap," Aeryn said lowly, attempting to make sure only Hiro and the closest others heard.

'I hope everyone knows to be careful,' Kassana's worry began to show through although there was nothing she herself could do about it. She had to trust her meister to handle the situation and she also had to do what she could to help. Right now, helping involved concentrating on Hiro. Settling down, Kassana settled in to the sound of their teacher's soul. Static at best was what she heard; she knew she had much to learn. The background of her meister's soul though - so sure of it's own steadiness - helped lock her in to the trance in which she would concentrate. She hoped that even her small help would be enough.

Original Post by Arkytior

Crisis Team 1: Specter Lab

Leader - Miyako Hoshimura

Students - Malakai and Isaac, Aiko and Erica, Jessyka and Skyler, Daemon and Zyra, Kamryn and Thalia, Deryn and Arthur, Jayce and Alessa, Rema and Ikeda

Glancing around at the gathered crowd, Miyako sighed, running a hand through her hair. Standing up straighter, she searched for the faces of the students that she’d be taking with her. ”The rest of you lot are with me, so let’s get going!” she shouted, a stern look on her face. They had no time to waste.

As the sixteen students she would be in charge of gathered before her, the redhead sighed again. She doubted this would be easy, but at least she had a few decent brats who could somewhat take care of themselves.

Giving a firm nod to herself and those around her, she glanced at Hiro’s retreating back, before taking a deep breath. ”Take care of yourself…” she muttered before spinning on her heel and starting down the DWMA steps.

Tossing a glare over her shoulder, she yelled out to the kids standing there. ”Well what are you waiting for? Let’s go!”

The building looked like it was falling apart and not in the way that an old building normally looked. Anyone giving it even a small amount of thought would’ve come to the conclusion that someone had literally tried to destroy the building by hand and it only appeared to have happened quite recently. Around the falling siding there was another reason to be suspicious - yellow caution tape. Someone had been there to investigate although at the moment there was no sign of life.

All that moved was a single door, swinging open and shut in a subtle breeze that blew through the outskirts of the city. Depending on how quiet the group was, they might’ve even heard it squeak.

Frowning at the desolate area, Miyako moved slowly, stepping over any fallen tape with caution. Stepping into the room, she scanned what she could of the dark area, before gently resting her hand on the wall beside her. The room was dark, difficult to make out much of anything, they’d need to find a light switch to get anything done. Glancing back at the brats gathered behind her, she told them to stay. ”Stay out here and don’t come in until I tell you to, got it?” she asked, though she didn’t bother to wait for a response.

Heading deeper into the room, she moved carefully, dragging her hand along the wall she paused when her fingers bumped into a small panel. Lifting her hand up, she grinned when she felt a small switch. Flipping it up, she blinked to adjust her eyes to the light that was starting to flood the once dark room.

Turning back to face the rest of the room, she froze, her grin fading in seconds as she held back the urge to heave as the smell properly reached her nose as her eyes took in the scene before her.

Startled, she reached up to cover her mouth and nose as she took a half step back, her foot accidentally hitting an abandoned chair as her back hit the wall.

”Oh god…”

The clang of the professor’s body ramming the chair onto the ground should have been enough. The loud echo would likely alert the students to either a situation in which some of them might have felt they had the ability to help; others might have been enticed to come inside out of mere concern for their teacher although the sight that she was now seeing would be something they would also have to endure and that may not have benefited most of them.

Lying on the ground next to what appeared to be a main computer there was a security guard. Lying in a pool of thickened blood, the stench of his insides spilled into the air toxifying all the scents that would have been normal while the stains on his uniform appeared to have hardened the fabric itself. His body was rigid - clearly he had been lying there since well before the incidents of that morning.

More odd than the existence of the dead body was the posture it was in. The man almost looked as though he had been placed the way he was, his body forming an ‘x’ with all of his extremities extended. On the center of his chest was a sticky note written on in heavy black sharpie.

Spread the Word!

The note was also stained in blood.

Almost perfectly centered beneath the note, almost as though someone was staging this entire thing, there was a jump drive and almost perfectly placed on the desk in front of the body, was a computer. It seemed too odd of a coincidence to be just a coincidence.

And there was something else as well. A nagging feeling filled the air, thick and unpleasant, it seemed to increase anxieties with every inhaled breath, every subtle twitch. Some of the students would say they actually felt something touch their skin while others might have described it as a sound… a whisper… an inviting voice almost asking for action. Learn the word… spread the word… More than unpleasant, it was haunting, demeaning, entrancing.

@Stormborn Targaryen @Hanarei @CelticHero37 @Violet Obsidian @AnnoDomini @Refaulted @SummerWolf @Kyra @The Succubi Queen @Ariettie @ShadowHuntress @Pariah Stark

Original Post by Hanarei

Nadia, Lord Death, and Aiko

“Up you go,” Nadia said softly as she helped Aiko to her feet, the school nurse careful to make sure none of the fresh bandages she had applied got jostled too much by the movement while her hand held on to Aiko’s arm, offering support should the student need it. Her eyes flickered to the pole axe in the girl’s hands as she tried to figure out what to do with it. The weapon certainly wasn’t something she wanted to bring into the dispensary; however, she didn’t honestly think the girl would willingly let go. From what Nadia remembered, Aiko’s weapon was an axe so that meant there was something more going on.

Apparently, Nadia’s confusion didn’t go unnoticed because Lord Death walked over to them at that moment and his own eyes fell on the axe as well. “Hmm…” he muttered. “Seems best to leave them that way for now although your hands likely can’t take much more of that,” his words were now directed at Aiko. The grim reaper held out his hand to Aiko as he continued, “Give it here, Aiko. You’re partner will be safe and when the teams get back we should be able to retrieve her and Grace in one piece.”

Aiko who had stood on her own, biting back her own discomfort in an effort to appear unaffected by her injury. Her head turned up to look at Lord Death. Her eyes fixated on the reaper. She clutched at the weapon seeming rather uneasy about it. She hesitated briefly, finally lifting the pulsing weapon up and offering it to Lord Death.

“Just… please… make sure she is alright…” She spoke in short, the normally rambunctious teen giving into his request. As much as she wanted to protect Grace, she knew there was very little that she could actually do by holding onto her in such a form. Please Grace… make it out alright…

Aiko looked towards Lord Death questioningly, her wound aching as her stubborn mind ignored the pain putting on a light smile to disguise it away. “Wh… who should I go with… on this mission?” She inquired, unintentionally letting slip a slight pause in her speech. She was doing a rather poor job of hiding the bit of pain she still felt.

“Heavens, no, child!” Nadia proclaimed, her grip on Aiko’s shoulder becoming ever so slightly more firm. “You look like you’ve been beat up enough already. You’re coming with me.” Nadia’s voice was polite yet firm and when Lord Death nodded at the nurse’s comment before grabbing the pole axe out of Aiko’s hands, it added even more authority to the nurse’s words.

“You’ve been a good partner, Aiko. The fight is in Erica’s corner now, but I imagine she’d want you to take care of yourself as well,” Lord Death added in. “Let the others handle this one. Give your body time to heal.”

Nadia nodded in agreement before she started to lead Aiko into the DWMA, the groups having just departed on the long walk down the entrance steps. Their path to the dispensary wasn’t a long one; in fact, it was a fairly easy location to get to from anywhere in the DWMA. It almost had to be given how much trouble the students tended to get into.

The room itself was empty when the two of them walked in. There were three hospital beds close to the window, all of them neatly made, and there was an examination table on the other side of a curtain; the curtain also concealed a desk. Gesturing to any one of the four available places to take a seat, Nadia finally released her grip on Aiko as she went to grab some more bandages from her medical cart.

Aiko felt the grip of the Nurse finally release her as she took a seat. She looked at her with a pouty expression. She wasn’t fond of the idea of being stuck behind as everyone else went on a mission. She looked around in thought before speaking. “Well… I feel a lot better, I think I’m ready to go back to my place to rest!” She spoke jumping up as if to leave.

“No, no, I know that trick,” Nadia reemerged from behind the curtain, using the palm of her hand to gently seat Aiko back down. “Not to mention if you keep jumping like that, you’ll tear all the wounds open again! Now, you still have some open wounds and if you don’t stop moving, you’re going to lose more blood. I don’t like sticking needles in my students, but if you lose too much more I won’t have a choice.”

Aiko looked towards Nadia, hearing her response with some displeasure. She looked at her as if gauging her response, giving her stink eyes briefly. “Hmmph… I’m perfectly fine as far as I see it.” She crossed her arms, doing her best to hide away the spike of pain she felt crossing her arms making her wound ache a bit in response.

“Well then, I take it you don’t want any Tylenol for the pain…?” Nadia’s eyes looked inquisitively at her unwilling patient.

Aiko grumbled in response. “Fine fine… I’l stay around…” She spoke, resting her hands behind her to her sides. She had her fingers crossed in response As if… I’ll just play along till you aren’t looking… She smirked a bit, planning on finding a way to slip away from the nurse’s watchful gaze.

Nadia raised her eyebrows once at the girl before proceeding to bandage the remaining few wounds that she hadn’t had the supplies to treat out in the foyer. Absentmindedly, Nadia realized that Aiko really wasn’t going to be a good patient regardless of the situation. Maybe a Percocet instead… she contemplated. That would at least keep her from getting into trouble.

She didn’t know for sure which pill she intended to grab even as Nadia turned and walked back to the medicine storage room.

Nadia, Lord Death, and Aiko

“Up you go,” Nadia said softly as she helped Aiko to her feet, the school nurse careful to make sure none of the fresh bandages she had applied got jostled too much by the movement while her hand held on to Aiko’s arm, offering support should the student need it. Her eyes flickered to the pole axe in the girl’s hands as she tried to figure out what to do with it. The weapon certainly wasn’t something she wanted to bring into the dispensary; however, she didn’t honestly think the girl would willingly let go. From what Nadia remembered, Aiko’s weapon was an axe so that meant there was something more going on.

Apparently, Nadia’s confusion didn’t go unnoticed because Lord Death walked over to them at that moment and his own eyes fell on the axe as well. “Hmm…” he muttered. “Seems best to leave them that way for now although your hands likely can’t take much more of that,” his words were now directed at Aiko. The grim reaper held out his hand to Aiko as he continued, “Give it here, Aiko. You’re partner will be safe and when the teams get back we should be able to retrieve her and Grace in one piece.”

Aiko who had stood on her own, biting back her own discomfort in an effort to appear unaffected by her injury. Her head turned up to look at Lord Death. Her eyes fixated on the reaper. She clutched at the weapon seeming rather uneasy about it. She hesitated briefly, finally lifting the pulsing weapon up and offering it to Lord Death.

“Just… please… make sure she is alright…” She spoke in short, the normally rambunctious teen giving into his request. As much as she wanted to protect Grace, she knew there was very little that she could actually do by holding onto her in such a form. Please Grace… make it out alright…

Aiko looked towards Lord Death questioningly, her wound aching as her stubborn mind ignored the pain putting on a light smile to disguise it away. “Wh… who should I go with… on this mission?” She inquired, unintentionally letting slip a slight pause in her speech. She was doing a rather poor job of hiding the bit of pain she still felt.

“Heavens, no, child!” Nadia proclaimed, her grip on Aiko’s shoulder becoming ever so slightly more firm. “You look like you’ve been beat up enough already. You’re coming with me.” Nadia’s voice was polite yet firm and when Lord Death nodded at the nurse’s comment before grabbing the pole axe out of Aiko’s hands, it added even more authority to the nurse’s words.

“You’ve been a good partner, Aiko. The fight is in Erica’s corner now, but I imagine she’d want you to take care of yourself as well,” Lord Death added in. “Let the others handle this one. Give your body time to heal.”

Nadia nodded in agreement before she started to lead Aiko into the DWMA, the groups having just departed on the long walk down the entrance steps. Their path to the dispensary wasn’t a long one; in fact, it was a fairly easy location to get to from anywhere in the DWMA. It almost had to be given how much trouble the students tended to get into.

The room itself was empty when the two of them walked in. There were three hospital beds close to the window, all of them neatly made, and there was an examination table on the other side of a curtain; the curtain also concealed a desk. Gesturing to any one of the four available places to take a seat, Nadia finally released her grip on Aiko as she went to grab some more bandages from her medical cart.

Aiko felt the grip of the Nurse finally release her as she took a seat. She looked at her with a pouty expression. She wasn’t fond of the idea of being stuck behind as everyone else went on a mission. She looked around in thought before speaking. “Well… I feel a lot better, I think I’m ready to go back to my place to rest!” She spoke jumping up as if to leave.

“No, no, I know that trick,” Nadia reemerged from behind the curtain, using the palm of her hand to gently seat Aiko back down. “Not to mention if you keep jumping like that, you’ll tear all the wounds open again! Now, you still have some open wounds and if you don’t stop moving, you’re going to lose more blood. I don’t like sticking needles in my students, but if you lose too much more I won’t have a choice.”

Aiko looked towards Nadia, hearing her response with some displeasure. She looked at her as if gauging her response, giving her stink eyes briefly. “Hmmph… I’m perfectly fine as far as I see it.” She crossed her arms, doing her best to hide away the spike of pain she felt crossing her arms making her wound ache a bit in response.

“Well then, I take it you don’t want any Tylenol for the pain…?” Nadia’s eyes looked inquisitively at her unwilling patient.

Aiko grumbled in response. “Fine fine… I’l stay around…” She spoke, resting her hands behind her to her sides. She had her fingers crossed in response As if… I’ll just play along till you aren’t looking… She smirked a bit, planning on finding a way to slip away from the nurse’s watchful gaze.

Nadia raised her eyebrows once at the girl before proceeding to bandage the remaining few wounds that she hadn’t had the supplies to treat out in the foyer. Absentmindedly, Nadia realized that Aiko really wasn’t going to be a good patient regardless of the situation. Maybe a Percocet instead… she contemplated. That would at least keep her from getting into trouble.

She didn’t know for sure which pill she intended to grab even as Nadia turned and walked back to the medicine storage room.

”Evening Star” Warren Langston

Mood: Bored and Oblivious

Classification: Weapon - Morningstar

Partner: Rita

Actions: Talking Loudly
Warren walked along with Professor Mitsaki’s group quietly enough, mostly because there wasn’t really much for him to say to begin with. Seeing as he had missed the first month of class due to illness, he didn’t know a lot of the new students too well and even Warren knew that there would be better times for him to introduce them to his awesome self. That being said though, the boy was a bit depressed. Even his own meister’s reaction to seeing him hadn’t been the greatest thing in the world. He had almost forgotten how different from himself his meister really was.

That being said, Warren’s posture hung slightly as he anticipated things would only get more and more boring the further they walked. They were going to a cave. What could ever be exciting about a cave? He couldn’t think of much.

The boy’s eyes flickered to those in the group that he did know as he studied each of them briefly. There was Ivy, the local bully who Warren would no doubt challenge at least once a day the same as he had last year. Demetri was her weapon and honestly, Warren couldn’t care one way or the other about that one. Igor… he was just scary. Honey. Her name pretty much summed her up well enough. Hotaru was the magician who Warren found to be very unamusing although he couldn’t help but feel bad for her when her weapon partner Ren was as lazy as he was. If Warren had been born a meister, he would’ve made sure his weapon was willing to fight. Of course, that wasn’t Warren’s place to say. Nicole and Ryoma were the final pair of students who Warren knew the names of. They were also the pair he had interacted with the least.

As for the new students, Warren couldn’t have said anything. He wasn’t one to judge based on appearances alone. One of them certainly seemed to know a thing or two as he already held his transformed partner in his hand. Now there’s an idea! Warren smiled slightly as he searched for Rita. He didn’t know where his meister was dwelling within the pack, though and it was too bad for him because before he could call out, the cave was right in front of them.

Warren jumped up to see whatever there was to see even though the sight became clear as they continued walking. There was a figure standing in front of the cave - slender and dressed entirely in black. Witch? Warren wondered as his mind started racing, concluding illogical things that he had no way of confirming. If that is a witch and I beat her now, that means me and Rita will have no problem at all collecting a witch’s soul after we’ve got 99 kishin souls! Then I could be a death scythe and everyone would worship me like the awesome man I am!!! Anyone paying even a small amount of attention would have no doubt picking up on the fact that Warren was up to no good.

Then he heard the figure - although he had already labeled it witch in his mind (even though he had no soul perception and no confirmation of the fact) - say “Hello”.

“Hello? Hello…?” Warren questioned. That simple statement in and of itself had been a real downer right there because he had been hoping for a fight. Fights didn’t typically start with “hello”. “Well,” Warren sighed. “That’s depressing…”

His attention turned to the new boy whose name he didn’t know - the red haired one. “Looks like you won’t be needing that,” he gestured to the weapon in his hand. “And here I thought maybe she was a witch or something interesting… I doubt that a witch would simply stare and say ‘hello’.” If anyone had said anything prior to Warren, the boy simply hadn’t heard it.

As always, Warren was oblivious - oblivious and loud.

@Stamper @Sophrosyne03 @sonicfreak101 @DeadgurlXD @Arkytior @Cephalo @TheWeirdPhilosopher @T h e F o o l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back