• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[M&M3] Heroes of New Camelot [Forum] [Dice]

Skari-dono

Welcome to New Camelot; a city of dreams and where the impossible takes place every day. This is where the Knights of the Round Table joined forces for the first time and defeated Morgana of the Fey. This is where the spirit of King Arthur reawakened into Arturia, the Queen of Heroes. The site of the Fomorian invasion at the turn of a century, and the capital city of heroes.

Mind the traffic and the ploys of villains.

---

I've wanted to run a game of Mutants & Masterminds for a long time. I have some of the 2nd edition books that I got for cheap and I got my hands on the 3rd edition player's handbook nearly as soon as it was published, but I've not had the chance to properly run a campaign like I want to.

So I'm looking towards the Zone to fill my void and help me run a game of comic heroism and super powers. For that purpose I'm looking for 4-5 players, interested in making heroes of PL10 for the primary purpose of saving the city from crime and worse things. We'd be using the 3rd edition material.

The idea is to keep the atmosphere light. I'd like this to be more like the Justice League cartoons and less like Nolan's Batman Trilogy or Miller's Sin City. Death is possible but won't necessarily be final. So, light in tone but not goofy.

This is not a "first come, first served" kind of recruitment. If I don't think your character idea would fit into the plot of this game, or is somehow broken in concept, that character won't be joining the party. If that means the game won't have at least 4 players, so be it.

So, interested?

I am tentatively interested, though I must say I generally prefer the darker stuff like the new Batman, Watchmen and, especially, Worm (which is awesome and you should go read it now instead of what you're doing). I'll take a look at how the rules have changed since 2nd ed.

I'm game with Light-Hearted.

In keeping with it being "Heroes of New Camelot", how about an Knight-Type Hero, with Arthurian Legend Themed Powers? Possibly even stemming from having claimed an magic sword- though of course, not Excalibur itself.

Edit: No. NO. Bad Sephiroth.

No more posting interest, you're already overstretched.

Sorry- despite strong interest, It'd be irresponsible of me to Join /yet another/ game.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so the concept I thought up for 2nd edition still works; a speed-crafter who will jerry-rig whatever he needs for the particular situation in next to no time. The core of this concept would be a high level Quickness power coupled with a very high Technology Skill, and some supplementary powers to ensure that he generally has materials at hand and can handle them while in a dangerous situation. This character would be pretty much the ultimate swiss-army knife, always having the tool he thinks is needed for whatever task is at hand. Would that be OK, or are you (reasonably) screaming about the sheer overpoweredness.

SephirothSage said:
Sorry- despite strong interest, It'd be irresponsible of me to Join /yet another/ game.
I would have to agree; I'm still waiting for you to post anything in Lesser Great Heroics.

Esbilon said:
OK, so the concept I thought up for 2nd edition still works; a speed-crafter who will jerry-rig whatever he needs for the particular situation in next to no time. The core of this concept would be a high level Quickness power coupled with a very high Technology Skill, and some supplementary powers to ensure that he generally has materials at hand and can handle them while in a dangerous situation. This character would be pretty much the ultimate swiss-army knife, always having the tool he thinks is needed for whatever task is at hand. Would that be OK, or are you (reasonably) screaming about the sheer overpoweredness.
Not really sure how this is any more overpowered than the Create Effect so I don't really see a problem. I'd limit you to the Inventing and Jury-Rigging rules and their limitations, but otherwise I'm fine with it.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]Not really sure how this is any more overpowered than the Create Effect so I don't really see a problem. I'd limit you to the Inventing and Jury-Rigging rules and their limitations, but otherwise I'm fine with it.

[/QUOTE]
Becuase, as far as I can see, Create does not let me create Devices, the Inventing rules (I'm not actually going to use the Jury-Rigging ones) do. This means I will be able to create high-level new powers on the fly and not be meaningfully limited by anything other than the power level of the campaign.

I see. However, the devices you create are limited to the current scene unless you start spending hero points. So I'm still not sure if it is really that overpowered. If you think it might be, just make something else. Just ask yourself this: Would you allow this character in your game?

Should also mention that, although the setting is influenced by Arthurian and Gaelic legends, any and every origin is allowed for your heroes, as long as its not something completely idiotic. If you want your hero to have gotten his/her powers from eating a random cookie, that cookie better have been radioactive or something.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]I see. However, the devices you create are limited to the current scene unless you start spending hero points. So I'm still not sure if it is really that overpowered. If you think it might be, just make something else. Just ask yourself this: Would you allow this character in your game?

[/QUOTE]
Sure, but I can just make new ones in the next scene and/or have a Hammerspace stocked up with the ones I use the most.

On second thought I don't think I'd play that character, the ability to make highly specialized powers on the fly means that the character would be able to outshine most other characters in most situations, which is not fun for anyone in the long run. Oh well, it was a moderately amusing idea, though.

I'll go back to the drawing board then. I may try to reproduce something like the main character from Worm's power (very detailed bug control in a large radius), but we'll see.

I'm not sure how good an idea it is with school coming up again, and I need to track down a copy of the third edition PH, but superheroes and knightly legends are two crippling weaknesses of mine. I've been stricken by an idea to play the opposite side of the coin, though. Instead of a knightly hero, maybe one graced (or infected) by the power of the Fae (a la Morgan). Imbued with powers related to freedom and caprice (thinking things that let her move freely like Flight, maybe protection from common human weaknesses. Gotta look at a listing) and maybe driven a little bit off-kilter by the Fae mindset. Not one without a degree of depth, I'd hope, but I like the idea of embracing the capricious nature of the faeries. Might style herself as Titania; queen of the fae.

Hmmmmm I might be down for this, lemme see if I can come up with something after my tabletop today. Leaning towards something Druidic. Shapeshifting, nature magic, that kinda thing.

In fact, in keeping with the Light atmosphere, his nature magic would be awesome, but I'm pretty sure I'd lean towards his shapeshifting as having some drawback that made it completely out of his control unless he tried REALLY REALLY HARD. :D

SephirothSage said:
I honestly thought Lesser Great Heroics died.
Activity has been slow due to my schedule and weird shifts at work. I expect it to continue until school starts, but it SHALL REMAIN!!!

Anyway, the same would go for this game, should it see flight, so don't worry about not having all the time in the world to stay active, at least not while we're getting started.

I really do have a sort of interest in an M&M game personally.... I mean technically I'm in one, but it hasn't taken off. Wouldn't mind making a character who bears semblance to the Golden-Age Atomic Knights....Sans mutant dalmation mount.

Hmmm, so anyway yeah. Totally thinking about a Druid with unilateral yet basic elemental magic and a shapeshifting power that is completely random and limited to Things In Nature.

Well, sorry to say that since I only have a rough (very rough) idea for a plot and a waning interest in running as light-hearted game as I intended, I'm going to scrap this for now. I'm probably going to recruit for another M&M game in the near future, but only if and when I have a clearer idea of what I want to do and the plot I want to run. It would probably be a more serious game though, so if you're interested, keep a weathered eye open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back