• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[M&M3] Fall of Heroes [Forum] [Dice]

Skari-dono

The Seer has foreseen it:

Eye in the sky.

Villainy rising from within.

Shadows of an iron fist.

Fall of heroes.

The year is 1978.
The Knights of the Round Table, the alliance of superheroes formed by Merlin during the Second World War, are sending a new satellite into space. The satellite's purpose is to keep a watchful eye over America, but the Soviet Union accuses them to intending to spy on the Union's interests. Conflict might be imminent, forcing the KRT to stand guard over the launch and leaving the city of New Camelot in the hands of newer recruits and solo heroes.

It is only natural then that a threat from the city's most notorious and mysterious crime boss, Mister X, has been given on the same day as the launch, when the
KRT is spread thin. Mister X threatens to blow up an unknown location, unless his demands are met. No one knows who Mister X really is, only that he covers his face with a mask. Can the city be saved, or will it suffer the madness of Mister X?

This is a recruitment thread for a Mutants & Masterminds game, using the 3rd edition rules. I am looking for 3-5 players to take on the roles of heroes set in a setting of my own design (still being designed and worked on), called New Camelot. This period of the setting marks the beginning of the Iron Age, meaning darker heroes and the ruthless villains. The Seer, a clairvoyant, has foreseen what she interprets as the end of the Round Table, but she doesn't know how exactly it will come to pass. All she knows is that it will begin a new era.

This is not a 'first come, first served' kind of recruitment. I want to see good character concepts and choose 3-5 characters to join the good fight. Your heroes (or anti-heroes) can be members of the Round Table, solo heroes or members of their own little groups. Although these are dark times, no hero must be a dark brooding anti-hero. In fact, the ability to work with others will prove to be vital.

Anyone interested in giving it a go? I can give more details about the setting and the Knights of the Round Table later on.

Interested - I've been hankering some superhero gaming! I've only just got M&M3 though and haven't yet read through the rules properly - is an understanding of the system and powers necessary or could i learn "on the fly" whilst playing?

I generally favour anti-hero's but nothing too dark - they do play well with others. :)

I bring back my idea of a bumbling druid who is quite good at nature magic and absolutely terrible at shapeshifting. :D

Not sure if that is how it will turn out, but this Druid idea sounds a bit like a comedic relief :tongue:

Well I can always go with the Face-Heel-Turned Evil Enchantress who uses the elements to her bidding for the good of the people now that she's been caught and shown the error of her ways. :D

I'm good for anything - low level vigilantes through to god-level scary! Still not had chance to read fully through the rules though ... :/

I've just been looking through the rules properly. Jebus that looks convoluted to create a character! Meep.

It's not terrible, it's quite honestly Tri-Stat with a little extra oomph in regards to how you add powers.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]I haven't. Nothing is coming. I think I'll be withdrawing that expression of intent, such as it was.

[/QUOTE]
That's too bad. I honestly wouldn't want to start this game with just two players, so I guess this game won't start just yet.

Flaw being I've never used Tri-Stat! I can try to have a more in-depth look though, just looks a beast! 
Also - What kind of level would we be playing? Superman style laser-eye vision or gritty vigilante where skills and determination are the order of the day?

@Skari\-dono - I want to; I really do. And I have the time for it. But I might need more setting information before any real characters congeal for me.

I suppose PL10 will be the order of the day. Any Origin is allowed although some are more fitting than others.

The setting is still a work in progress but here are some historical facts:

• Superpowered individuals have been around for a long time, recognized under various names through history. They didn't become visible to the general population until the middle or late 1800s, and were mistrusted and social outcasts until the WWII.
  • During the WWII, supers (as well as highly skilled individuals) changed the course of the war. Special units on both sides, comprised of superpowered soldiers, were issued special orders and sent on impossible missions. Both sides balanced out, so the war pretty much ended the same way as we know it, but the individual battles were a lot different.
  • Also during the WWII, the High Wizard Merlin summoned the Excalibur into New Camelot, where now is Excalibur Park. After the war, the city boomed in terms of population and it became one of the greatest cities in the United States. It also saw the first incarnation of the Knights of the Round Table, whose members were heroes from the Allied side of the war. Merlin remained for another decade or so, helping the Knights to settle their ground and building the Emrys Academy for Extraordinary Youth, but then disappeared.

Here are some other facts:

• King Arthur is destined to return, according to Merlin, but as of yet he has not appeared.
  • Merlin had at least one apprentice, the hero named Magus. The Seer is not Merlin's apprentice, although some rumours say otherwise.
  • Arcadia is a known dimension that is linked to Earth. It has strong connection to New Camelot. Fairies have appeared in the city, some have stayed and become heroes in their own right while others are far more malicious. There exist two courts: The Seelie, and the Unseelie. Morgana of the Fey has attempted to capture Excalibur at least once before, but was thwarted by Merlin and the Knights.
  • In the 1970s, the Knights have taken active part in the construction of the OZ on Avalon Island. This superpowered penitentiary will hold some of the worst criminals in the States and is nearing completion.
  • Recently though, the Knights have been constructing a satellite that will monitor the States for any real dangers, called the EYE. Designed by the hero Gadget and cooperately constructed with Pro-Tech Industries, it is truly a marvel of a design. It is scheduled to launch soon, but threats from the Soviet Union has forced the Knights to monitor the launch on site.

And finally, some information about the current Knights of the Round Table (aside from any PCs that wish to join):

• Primera: One of the Supremes, highly powerful beings that claim to have descended from the old gods. She is the most powerful member of the Knights and one of the greatest heroes on Earth.
  • Magus: Apprentice of Merlin and one of the most powerful wizards in existence. He was recently given the title of High Wizard, one that only few beings have ever accomplished.
  • Phoenix: A semi-immortal being with fiery powers. When he dies, he is reborn within 24 hours into another body with another personality, but retains all the memories. Joined the Round Table from its beginning and has been reincarnated once since then.
  • Gadget: The gadgeteer of the group designed their HQ and transports. He also designed the EYE. Although not particularly active on the heroics front, he arms himself with a power-suit that he dons during emergencies.
  • Rapier: A musketeer-themed hero.
  • Crossbow: A crossbow-wielding heroine.
  • The Black Dynamo: An African-American hero, the first to join the Knights. Originally known as Blackjaw, he used to prowl the streets of his neighbourhood to protect the fellow man. After joining the Knights, he put aside his brutality and fights crime with honour (even though he always sides with the little man against the Man).
  • The Seer: A woman who can see the future, although it only appears to her in cryptic messages. Even when she decrypts it, she rarely shares. She is a cynic who believes the future cannot be changed. She is an honorary member and takes no active part in the heroics of the rest of the Knights.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

The character creation doesn't look too bad, effectively pick your powers and the cost is dependent on the level you have it at along with the limitations and additional tweaks factored in. Single pool of points for attributes, skills and powers - again not too bad, but it's gauging and knowing roughly what levels to have things; ie what are average stats and skills, what proportion (In an average hero) of points goes to "powers" as opposed to the other bits.

Seems similar, from what I recall, to Champions from yesteryear!

The year thing though is weird. I was born in 1980 and pretty much detest anything from the 80's - the music, fashion, films etc. It's just rancid naffness to me and piles of cheese.

I generally stick to modern day games, future stuff or things that go way back beyond anyones living memory. I think the setting year is a deal-breaker for me. If was the 90's or after then it wouldn't be an issue, but anything else I'm not that interested in, apologies for not realising that part earlier - I know it's the first thing in the setting description, guess I just missed it outright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back