• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [M/M] World-building, Magic, Fantasy, Fandoms

Ghost Orchid

Kahn of Outworld
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, welcome to my thread. I'll try to lay out some ideas as plain and simple as I can.
At any time, if a setting catches your interest and you want to put your own spin on it, let me know!
Logistics
  • Here's the stitch:
    • I live by PST time!​
    • I am also a full-time college student wrapping up their final semester, so some days I am incredibly busy. Please forgive me if I don't get to you in a timely manner.​
    • 300-500 word replies are reserved for role-plays with quick back-and-forths spanning a few replies per day, or at least a reply per day. 600-1,000+ words are reserved for role-plays with more time in between. At least a reply every other day to once a week.​
    • I will under NOT under any circumstances accept underaged partners. Please be over the age of 18.
  • Writing samples:
    • Friday felt a little embarrassed with how much trouble he was causing security. Several times they managed to step onto set, but none of them ever made it far to him. Melinda smiled radiantly and remarked with a elegant smile, "That's proof of the fame you have right now. Even members of the staff seem ready to lose their jobs if it meant the off-chance that you were their soulmate." Her words stuck with him indefinitely. However, he didn't think his popularity would last long. The general public was fickle like that, and he understood completely. That was what it was like in the industry.

His segment with What to Say With Melinda Gray ended with a live performance of his latest single, The Weekend. His manager had insisted that the song be arranged to better showcase his voice prior to the interview. Thus, instead of the pop song beat that usually accompanied his vocals, they were replaced by the sound of an electric guitar. Sure, it gave the song a sensual pace—his manager remarked it somehow made The Weekend more bittersweet than it already was. 'Instead of being sad at the club, like with the studio version,' she said, 'it sounds more like you're sad at the beach—and the sun is beginning to set.'

Friday laughed at her, asking if maybe she went through a break up with her latest boy toy. But of course, she denied this. Though already 36, she had yet to meet her soulmate. The soulmark on the crook of her shoulder still thrummed with life so whoever they were, they weren't dead, clearly. But he couldn't help but feel sympathetic towards her as his own soulmate has yet to reveal themselves to him. His hand unconsciously returned to his right chest on the long car ride back to his penthouse.
    • M'gann's enthusiasm was palpable. He could see why Conner liked her so much. She was fun to be around, out-going, cheery, and she could literally become the girl of his dreams. The perks of having natural shape-shifting, he supposed. There was no way he could compete with that. As much as he was envious of the legendary Miss Martian, he felt wrong because M'gann was a friend. Some days, he wanted to be a rock and lie on a bed of moss somewhere. A rock didn't have to worry about his family's medical debts. And rocks most definitely didn't need to be preoccupied with which rock dated who, because they're rocks! They don't date!

The turmoil that he felt bubbled up inside him and clumped together like wet flower petals. That was how he pictured it. Vibrant sweet peas because of their lovely fragrance. And they smelled amazing after a night of rain.

Lyuben snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Conner's voice. He was asking what type of magic he could perform, and though he meant no offense by it, to Lyuben, it was evidence of just how little they knew of each other. He shook his head in response, and carefully guided a loose lock of hair behind his ear. Lyuben was unsure how to explain the full extent of his magic. Instead of going into a detailed explanation, he decided to take a different approach and use his question instead to tease him some more.

"You mean like, if I am able to do fancy tricks like turn into Black Canary and kiss you? Then yeah, I can do simple glamour spells like that." M'gann might have been embarrassed with what he had just alluded to, but it was Conner who he was trying to pester. Rather than speak more on it, he waved a hand and continued as though he hadn't even mentioned it. "What I'm trying to tell you is, I don't know, to be perfectly honest. So far, I'm able to make things like armchairs and tables. Not quite out of thin air because magic has rules and requires balance. Something has to be lost in order to be gained. Zatanna is uncertain if I'm bending the laws of physics to make things appear, or if I'm cutting out a piece of the universe to make things."
Ideas
  • Magical Academy
    • Magic has become largely a part of human society since the dawn of time. However, those with the aptitude are able to enroll in Tressaint Academy of Magic and Sorcery. Graduates are usually placed into high positions in society due to how prestigious the school is. Prior to enrolling, students must go through a set of rigorous trials and be accepted into one of the school's three colleges of arts.
      • College of the Natural Arts - A college that specializes in the natural and physical world.
        • Evoker - Mages that can create energy from their own mana; such as wind, water, fire, and earth.
        • Cleric - Mages that can heal wounds with their mana. A particularly rigorous track but incredibly well-respected.
        • Druid - Mages that can interact with animals, nature, and even shape-shift into animals.
      • College of the Undefined Arts - A college that specializes in the otherworldly.
        • Summoner - Mages that can create familiars, magical constructs, and evoke magical beings. A particularly dangerous track with a low acceptance rate.
        • Diviner - Mages that can foresee the future through means of divination, godly will, or mathematics.
        • Shadower - Mages that can draw energy from a different plane of existence to make a variety of effects. Shadowers have a dark history.
      • College of Magical Research - A college that specializes in research.
        • Scholar - Mages that specialize in the study of ritual magics, forgotten magic, and runes. A rigorous track.
        • Alchemist - Mages that specializes in creating magical devices, brews, and other equipment.
        • Bards - Mages that can weave magic into words, songs, and prose.
    • Usually, students are advised to stick to one track, but there are a handful of students who are enrolled in two tracks.
    • Potential sub-plot: MC transmigrates into the body of the villainous Petros Forcheaubault who constantly bullies YC's love interest at the academy. MC in Petros's body, announces that he plans to revoke his arranged marriage with YC. YC is intrigued in the sudden change in MC's character.
    • Potential sub-plot: Every hundred years or so, a mage is elected as candidate to be the next saint/saintess who is able to use their magic to keep an ancient dragon asleep in its burrow under the ground. The heir of the empire is typically the one who elects the candidates. However, YC, the heir of the empire, faces the end of the world as the ancient dragon awakens, and the true saint, MC, is dead. Following an unfortunate string of events, YC chose to support the wrong mage in her saintess candidacy, and now, plans to turn back time to restart their meeting with MC.
  • Of Two Nations
    • A medieval setting with dragons, magic, and courtly intrigue. The setting will be in YC's empire's palace.
      • YC is the crown prince/princess of a prosperous empire. They are also the childhood best friend and fiancé/fiancée of MC, the prince of a small oceanic kingdom. The royals of YC's empire have long since coveted MC's family's ability to produce enchanted pearls from their tears that can act as medicine when grounded down. They also fetch a very high price on the market. MC's family does not approve of the marriage as it came from a long history of conquest.
  • School of Fairytales
    • Set in a medieval setting with contrivances of modern life. However, mythological creatures and characters from fairytales exist. At the private Institute of Historia Libri, strange new faces meet. Drama, rumors, and clashes are inevitable.
      • This plot is largely a work in progress, but think of this like Ever After High or Monster High.
  • Star Wars
  • Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Percy Jackson Series
  • Black Clover
  • DC
    • Young Justice
  • Marvel
  • Digimon
  • Skyrim
  • Hunger Games
  • Dark Souls
  • Persona 4 & 5