• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

JDizzle383

The Happy RP Salesman
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
———:Samantha Oculara:———

Samantha sighed. It wasn't as if she was scared. just nervous. Her first contact with other people beyond the internet, and they were monsters like her? yeeeeeaaaah... not scared at all. She approached the mineshaft in the mountains where the hidden entrance to the school's many monorail stations and tentatively glanced inside.

It looked like a regular mineshaft... she was kinda impressed at the attention to detail, to be honest. In a few minutes, she'd find out if this was a dream, a nightmare, or just a scam...

"H-hello?" she walked into the entrance. At first, there was nothing. Maybe it was a scam?

One more step and she was proven wrong.

So many different races! the monorail hadn't arrived yet, but there was a massive crowd of people meeting friends, eating what she could only describe as exotic foods, and in some cases, generally making an ass of themselves. An older woman, also a cyclops by all appearances, walked over to her and handed Sam a braclet, pointing to her wrist. She put it on and suddenly the garbled mess of noise was... all comprehensible??? It was all English. Or maybe it was more accurate to say her ears heard English. no accents, no dialects, just speech.

That was all well and good, but she still didn't really know what to do. That was when the elder lady with one eye spoke. "I suppose I should explain. Welcome to the North American Monorail station for Stowerling Keep. The bracelet I just gave you is an interlingual speech translator. I know this should have been your second year, but somehow you never got in touch last year, so you'll be in the freshman year class. Considering how hard it was for you to get in contact with us, I may have some advice. Be yourself. Just try talking to someone! And just so you are aware, the school has a zero-tolerance policy for racism."

She nodded and walked around for a bit, noticing that there was a small food stall in the corner of the station. Curious, she went over to it. when it was her turn in line she asked, "Do you take US Dolla-"

"I take Kell. if ya need money there's an ATM over there." the gargoyle in charge said. She nodded and came back with a coin she didn't know what to make of... It reminded her of a combination of Ancient Greek and Japanese money.

(Stowerling Keep's(and the monster world's) currency)
Kell:
Kell Coin.png

"So is this enough?" she asked. the Gargoyle smiled kindly and pulled her aside, telling one of the other workers to man his station. "Never used the stuff? Here's a chart so ya's don't get the runaround if you need it." he handed her a chart with Kell values on it. so 100 Kell was... roughly ten dollars... meaning ten cents was one Kell... huh... different. she counted out the money needed for her food(there was quite the selection, so she ended up choosing a Polish Sausage because it was the closest thing to something she knew, and she sat down to wait for the train.

As she finished eating, nearby a fight broke out, and she heard swearing before she decided to break it up... hopefully peacefully.

"Harpy b*c*h! You people don't have any class! I just want free food! don't you people lay eggs?"

It was a freshman Naga without the slightest inkling he was being incredibly racist at the moment. worse still, none of the teachers had seen or heard him.

"HEY!" Samantha shouted, walking over at a brisk pace. "Yeah, you! Racism is forbidden, so if you don't want to be expelled I suggest you beat it!"

The snake looked her over and panicked "Oh crap, an upperclassman!" he slithered away. Huh... maybe it was a good thing she had enrolled late...

Samantha smiled and turned to the Harpy, "Are you okay? he didn't try to hurt you did he?"
TheSpeck TheSpeck

———:Ryan Slith:———
Ryan had never been to school... not for lack of trying, but he couldn't hypnotize a room full of people into thinking he had legs 24/7, so the prospect of actual school excited him so much he couldn't stand it! the scorched earth across the dunes of his Desert Oasis homeland just got hotter as he left the safety of water, though since he was cold-blooded, he barely noticed at all. He was used to the heat, after all. as soon as he found the deserted cave in the desert he rushed inside without a second thought and was teleported to the station, where he unintentionally hit someone with the full force of his body amongst the chaos...

What appeared to be a teacher walked over, and handed him a bracelet. he put it on and suddenly understood the speech around him in his mother tongue. turning to the... Lamia? and a purebred by the smell of it... and apologized again. "I am ssssssso ssssssorry!" he said, "I didn't mean to run into you!" he apologized. He was thrilled it was someone of his own species in the train station that he was able to interact with... but the fact he was mixed blood was making him doubt whether it was excitement or nerves getting to him.
VskyY VskyY

———:Raphael Kreitor:———
Raphael was in cat form, sleeping when he felt a poke and opened one eye. Daegan smiled, "Raph, It IS the first day of school. come one I'd thought you'd be more excited than this!"

Raphael jumped and morphed, running around the room grabbing his stuff, repeating "The first day of school!" over animatedly repeatedly. Once he had everything, the two of them made their way to the Monorail station in the Demon realm which did not have a hidden barrier or anything due to demons openly supporting the school. since the train wasn't there yet, there was quite the crowd of demons around.

Raphael made a beeline for the station and saw someone waiting, sitting off to the side. being the friendly ball of energy he was, he chose to ignore the whispers of the demons around him as he walked up. "Hi, I'm Raphael! And you are?" he held out a hand, and there were audible whispers as some of the more Noble demons said "Hey, look, it's that firebrand kid! betcha the Neko doesn't know!"

Raphael heard all of them due to his acute senses, and smiled broader, "I hate racism..." he muttered, before he said, "Is this your first year too?" in an attempt to befriend one of the only ones being discriminated against in the station.
yutohase yutohase

(FOR THE OTHER CHARACTERS, FEEL FREE TO INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE INTERACTING WITH ME PERSONALLY 24/7)
yutohase yutohase TheSpeck TheSpeck VskyY VskyY

Last edited:
~Sky~

First day at a school titled for the "monsters" definitely made Sky uncomfortable but whats a Lamia to do when their mom's ready with a suitcase. As soon as Sky was outside her town, she was teleported to the monorail to school. She walked around the station after being given a bracelet, looking at the other races and species. This was definitely her first time seeing so many other species since her community was a bit closed off. Against her nature, Sky felt intimidated and decided stand in a corner and listen to music. This soothed her nerve and she sighed transforming her legs into her tail. As she reached down to pick up a stone, she felt someone bump into her, causing her to loose her balance and fall. "Ugh, sandy!" she yelped getting up covered in sand. She turned to see a guy whose specie she couldnt yet define. "Its um alright" she slowly smiled. "Are you a freshman too!? Hi! Im Sky" She said with an upbeat as a way to calm herself and not look like a lost weirdo. She examined him for a bit but couldnt conclude anything so she decided to be a bit blunt. "Hmm, that scent is familiar but you cant be a Lamia, you are a male unless.." she gasps "you are a hybrid! thats so cool! I have never met anyone like that!" she exclaims unintentionally.

JDizzle383 JDizzle383

~Aeron~

Aeron huffs lookin down at his books in the monorail. 'Here it goes, the world of racism' he thought as he heard the kids snickering at the firebrand and neko. In his city, he was taught to be proud of his species and look down on others but he couldnt. Maybe, it was because of those memories of playing in the magically forest with kids of all the species, where these petty things like race didnt matter. Of course, his family had since pulled him away from the forest and forbidden the freedom of interaction. Until now, this moment, he watched the Raphael trying to comfort the other firebrand. He was in the forest again, and this time no one could stop him.
"Did you know that demons had the title of being evil? I wonder why hmm" Aeron said getting up from his seat and walking upto the two, while talking loud enough for the demons to hear. "I'm Aeron, and you kids are?" he grinned at the two.

yutohase yutohase

JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Last edited:
~Azariah~

Azariah kept a low profile at the station, he didn't want other demons noticing his human nature. And he knew that once he got to the realm of the humans they wouldn't want to see his demonic nature either. "I didn't even choose to be born this way," Azariah cursed as he pulled his hood over his head.

So he sat to the side of the waiting booth, hoping the demons and other creatures wouldn't come over and heckle him too much. But he did notice a neko sitting beside him. He tried to move away from the neko until he noticed he was trying to console him. Not too long after, and he saw an elf coming towards him as well. Now overwhelmed by the people crowding him, he finally spoke up. "I'm Azariah. Yeah it's my first year. Leave me alone." He started furiously scribbling something into his writing book.

VskyY VskyY JDizzle383 JDizzle383

~Caelan~

Caelan Chan swooped his hair out of his eyes as he waited for the rail to arrive. He was mostly alone at the station. It didn't help that he was away from home, in fact, considering it would be impractical for the monorail to connect all the way from Hawaii to the mainland, it was probably for the best. But Caelan was an adventurer, he was comfortable with being away from home. He grabbed some spare kell out of his pocket and placed it into the slot as he finally emerged out onto the platform, upon hearing the sound of the monorail approaching.

Upon stepping onto the platform, he mostly kept to himself, drawing or making origami, but if someone were to approach him he would look up and engage them in conversation.

~Hiram~

Hiram had walked to the station with his good friend Aeron, but mostly chatted with other fey as he waited for the monorail. He noticed a young faerie sitting alone, and went over and sat next to him. "Hey there, you seem down, what's going on?" Hiram asked the faerie as he stroked a finger on his wings. "Anything I can help you with?" He pulled out his spellbook and started practicing incantations. Sometimes he wished he was a normal fey, so that this spellcasting crap could come naturally to him instead of him having to pick it up little by little. "You faeries have it lucky," Hiram added as he tried conjuring a ball of light. "How does this come so easy to you?"

As Aeron headed off to console another young man (was it a demon?), Hiram tried to keep a good eye on the light elf. "Oh yeah," he asked. "What was your name again?" After the faerie answered, he replied, "I'm Hiram. Nice to meet you." After this he went back to practicing his incantations.

VskyY VskyY TheSpeck TheSpeck

Last edited:
~Aeron~

Aeron smiled and understood that the guy must be needing some space and backed up. "Im sorry man, didnt mean to corner you like that" he said patting the firebrand's back and heading back to his friend. "Tell why I chose to go there and disturb those dude" Aeron said sarcastically yet feeling a bit embarrassed to Hiram. "Well I see you made a new friend too" he smirked "Maybe I should try again? this time more sarcasm?" He said getting up from his seat and walking to Caelan who seemed to be drawing?

Aeron always had the weird habit of approaching monsters who stood alone. He felt like those ones have the best stories and loyalty, part of the reason why he chose to be friends with Hiram. "The artist cant be kept away from art, though he maybe near a teleporting train and about a gazillion monsters" Aeron said smirking "Hope I aint botherin ya, im Aeron" he took out his hand from his pocket to offer a shake.

yutohase yutohase

-Charlie-

With her wings spread wide, wind whipped around her as the flew to the entrance to the mineshaft that would supposedly bring them to the school. As she approached the entrance she flared her wings (or arms) out and slowed to a halt, her talons scrapping the dirty ground as she landed. There were a lot more monsters than she thought there would be. At first she was excited as she walked inside, then the excitement quickly became more of an overwhelming feeling as the tried not to slap anyone with her wings. After the was handed a bracelet and everyone was speaking her language, she was a little less overwhelmed, but not by much.

At first she was having an ok time, until she accidentally bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry! These wings are way too puffy to control!" She said, turning toward the person. She wasn't exactly greeted with a friendly face. He started rambling on about giving him her 'eggs', and at first she was simply confused, until he called her a b*#ch and anger flared up inside her. She was about snap at the guy, something along the lines of 'snakes lay eggs too b*#ch', but before she could a cyclops came to her defence, driving the naga away. "I'm fine, thank you for doing that." She said to the cyclops with a sigh of relief.

"My name is Charlie, what's yours?"

JDizzle383 JDizzle383

-Cyrus-

Walking down the corridors that lead to the station in hell, he arrived with half closed eyes. He didnt like to socialize, which made him wonder why he decided this was a good idea, but he didn't question it and took a seat as he waited for the monorail.

-Elias-

It had taken a long time to buzz his way over to the station, and he was grateful he could switch into his small form at any time. It would have taken hours if he had to walk all the way there! But he made it, and it was just as crowded as he expected it to be. With what seemed to be a language translating bracelet on his wrist, he moved farther away from the crowd and took a seat alone. He spaced out as he thought about everything that was happening... What if he got in trouble? Or never made friends? Or got bullied? Nah he wouldn't let himself get bullied. But he might fail his classes? There was a lot of pressure from his parents and he didn't want to disappoint them-

Elias looked up as he was suddenly sitting next to someone. Was this a monster too? They were speaking to him. "Huh?" He asked, but only a second after recalled what they had said. His wings reflexively twitched into a small flutter as the strangers finger brushed against one. "Oh, no I'm fine, just contemplating my life choices." He said with a smile, "My name is Elias, nice to meet ya." He said after he was asked, watching Hiram attempt spells. He seemed to be struggling. Only then did he notice this person didn't seem to have any odd traits that would make him a monster.

"Are you human? I haven't seen a human with magic in a long time."

yutohase yutohase

———:Samantha Oculara:———
"I'm Samantha! Is this your first year too?" Sam asked as she held out a hand to shake and promptly realized that harpies didn't have fingers. "Oh I'm sorry!!!" she dropped her hand in a panic. Not even twenty minutes and she was already screwing up!

As she stood there awkwardly, the monorail pulled into the station and a loudspeaker buzzed to life, "This is your Headmissstress speaking. Now boarding the North American District Train to Stowerling Keep. Please do not exit the vehicle during motion, as getting stuck between portals is fatal and irreversible."

There was an exasperated sigh on the loudspeaker before she spoke again. "I was told to say this due to the recent fad going around the human realm... Dementors don't exist, and there is not a spell that will split your soul into a bunch of pieces. there is no such thing as Avada Kedavra. If some idiot wants you dead, said idiot would not be able to kill indiscriminately until he had a cult, simply because I don't allow this on my planet. As My name should suggest, I am Gaia, and I don't let stuff like that atrocity of a book series happen. If you came to this school to learn how to kill someone, I suggest you pack your things and leave."

Samantha was almost tempted to laugh, as she had read Harry Potter in her spare time. Almost. She called over her shoulder, "Charlie! we should get on board before they fill all the... seats?"

What she was greeted with was massively different from what she expected. A huge indoor area that spread out for miles with several seating areas almost like a food court was inside what on the outside appeared to be a small train. "Of course spacial manipulation magi-Whoah!" she promptly faceplanted in the entrance of the train and stood up as if she hadn't just bruised her head at all.

The perks of no depth perception...

She found a seat and waved for Charlie to come to sit with her. "Over here!" she called out.

TheSpeck TheSpeck

———:Ryan Slith:———
Ryan sighed. Well, at least he wasn't being ridiculed. He shook her hand and helped her gather the things he had knocked over when he had bumped into her. "I'm Ryan. Dad was a naga... Mom was a Lamia... that's probably what you are smelling." he didn't know whether that was a good thing or not.

The train soon pulled in and a similar message played out, "This is your Headmissstress speaking. Now boarding the Middle Eastern District Train to Stowerling Keep. Please do not exit the vehicle during motion, as getting stuck between portals is fatal and irreversible.

There was an exasperated sigh on the loudspeaker before she spoke again. "I was told to say this due to the recent fad going around the human realm... Dementors don't exist, and there is not a spell that will split your soul into a bunch of pieces. there is no such thing as Avada Kedavra. If some idiot wants you dead, said idiot would not be able to kill indiscriminately until he had a cult, simply because I don't allow this on my planet. As My name should suggest, I am Gaia, and I don't let stuff like that atrocity of a book series happen. If you came to this school to learn how to kill someone, I suggest you pack your things and leave."

Ryan smiled, "So a literal goddess owns the school? Neat!" being the chivalrous gentle-snake he was, he offered to carry some of Sky's things, since he had one hand free due to him only having one suitcase. Once on the train, he gasped and he took in the scents around him with curiosity. So much space inside the small train! he didn't know how they did it, and he didn't mind not knowing. Slithering over to what appeared to be an ATM, he got some of the Saudi riyals in his possession and changed it for Kell. As he looked for a seat, he saw how many different creatures there were around him, and decided he would just sit down in a vacant area and hope someone nice would sit nearby... Maybe Sky would sit with him, but she was purebred, which made him doubt she'd be interested in him all that much when there were more interesting people to talk to...

VskyY VskyY

———:Raphael Kreitor:———
"Well I didn't get to be born period, so you already outrank me!" Raphael smiled like a goofball. His tail swished about randomly as if to confirm that he was indeed a summon, and not a demon, nor a ghoul. It wasn't as if demons were not accepting of familiars like him, but it WAS true that he was looked down on due to the social hierarchy. One could say that he was lower in status than Azariah. The only reason he was even going to school was his master happened to be the Sin Of Wrath himself.

The train pulled up moments later. "C'mon, let's not be late!" Raphael practically dragged Azariah against his will onto the train. The loudspeaker sounded out:

"This is your Headmissstress speaking. Now boarding Hell's District Train to Stowerling Keep. Please do not exit the vehicle during motion, as getting stuck between portals is fatal and irreversible.

Several demons looked a bit conflicted. Wasn't there a combat instructor at the school? Why would they teach people how to fight if there was a no-killing policy? a few of the demons left the station instead of boarding the train.

Raphael sat down on the train and pulled out... yep, that was a milk carton... he was a Nekojin after all. made sense he would like milk. the size of the interior didn't seem to phase him at all.

What he didn't seem to realize is that he was sitting rather close to Cyrus' seat on the train. When he finally noticed the Ghoul-demon hybrid, he raised an eyebrow. "Oh hey! Another immortal! Hi, my name's Raphael! what's yours?"

"Immortal? that seems like something fun to test out!" Raphael heard as another demon shot a fireball at Cyrus. as Raphael and Cyrus lit up like fireworks, and the flames gradually went out, He stood up, apparently used to this sort of thing. snapping his fingers, His call to his master went through, and Wrath himself showed up.

"I take it you are all prepared to suffer the consequences of attacking another student?" Daegan, Sin of Wrath walked over slowly. his expression would have scared any living thing, or for that matter, the queen of ghouls herself could have easily been terrified.

The demons who had launched the attack turned around and booked it out of there.

"Are you two alright?" Wrath turned to the young Ghoul-demon and Raphael as he used magic to repair their clothes. "Raphael, you can't always rely on me. what if I am teaching and you get in a spot like that again?"

Several stares of varying emotions were being directed towards the Nekojin, as the people who realized that he had a TEACHER for a master started deciding whether or not to hate his guts or try and befriend him for selfish reasons later.

yutohase yutohase
TheSpeck TheSpeck

Charlie
----
Charlie smiled warmly at Samantha, "Yeah this is my first year." She said, and stared at the Cyclops's hand for a moment. She wanted to shake but she couldnt. As Samantha quickly pulled her hand away and apologized for trying to shake her non existent hands. "Oh no, you don't have to be sorry!" She said quickly. She really wasn't bothered by it. As she followed Samantha she looked in awe at the giant room they entered and took a seat next to Samantha. "This is really cool!"

Cyrus
___

As the train pulled in he boarded without a word, taking a seat not far from what looked like a.... He couldnt remember the name... Cat man? Nekojin, right. He was about to close his eyes when a happy voice was directed at him, and he looked up at Raphael. He was about to respond until a demon shot a fireball at him, and he sat there in a ball of flames. Fire? Again? Did the demon expect him to die or something? As the flames were going out he once again was about to do something, but it seemed someone else had stepped in ... Sin of Wrath? He had only been on the train for less than 5 minutes and he already was set on fire and saved by a teacher. This was going to be a great school year. "Thanks ... I'm fine." He said, watching as his singed sweatshirt seemed to repair itself.

A young minotaur in the hidden catacombs of Greece widdled away at a wood carving. It was small in his hands, but his gentle touch made for a well made carving of a mermaid sitting upon a rock. He set his art piece down on a shelf, which was accompanied by hundreds of others. The quality of each one improving, in a line from left to right. Kostas took a step back from his shelf full of wood carvings on the wall, then looked around his room. A simplistic room of stone, torch lit walls, A now empty closet, and a bed with a chest of useless belongings at the foot of it. This was the last time he would see this room for a very long time and he reflected on that.

Kostas walked up to his bed to pick up his bag and a suitcase with what was contained in the closet, the little that actually fit him, at least. "I suppose you will be leaving now." Kostas knew who it was standing at the doorway. Not his Father, or his Mother, but his adoptive eldest sister. Her snake tail slithered along the floor, with a brushing sound that Kostas turns to after one last look at his wood carvings. "You didn't sleep." She deduced. Her voice was calm and even in tone. "You're the only one who ever cared." Kostas uttered. "Everyone else only aced like I didn't exist, thank you." He tried to leave in a hurry, but his sister Amara pulled him into an embrace. "Don't talk like you'll never see me again. You always talk like that when you're sad." He gave her a quick one armed hug before breaking free. "You're like a mother." Kostas remarked. "More so than our own mother."

He said his goodbyes to his Lamia sister and walked through the halls of the catacombs, where he heard laughter and good spirited jargon. He walked to the doorway of the dinning room where the rest of his family were enjoying each others company. He stopped and watched them all having a good time, where he never welcome, as he contemplated saying goodbye. He knew that they wouldn't pay him any mind even if he had said anything, so he left without a word and entered the portal alone, but many other students were doing the same. All going to the same place were monsters of all sizes, including the troublesome ones...

Sho stood before the portal leading out of hell. He gripped his scarf and adjusted it around his neck. "Would you hurry up! You're not the only one heading to the monorail!" An impatient demon behind him shouted. "Tch-" Sho turned his head with a sneer. "Up yours, man." He gave him the middle finger and then took his time getting his headphones on, totally ignoring his fellow demonic resident and lit a cigarette. Just before the demon could really blow a gasket, Sho stepped through and was immediately hit with a different sort of air. The cool air of the station hit him immediately as the overwhelming sound of foreign speaking punched through his headphones.

He stood there completely stunned for a moment, before reaching up to get a puff of his cigarette. Not even a few steps later and Sho was confronted by a large Harpy woman, who cleared her throat in a very stern tone. He looked up at her and just paused. "Eh, Who's this clown?" All the harpy could hear was Japanese, but she knew he was being disrespectful just by his tone, which made her visibly upset. She then pointed to the 'no smoking' sign up on the wall, which Sho responded with another puff. He took the cigarette out of his mouth and pushed it against the bottom of his boot, before flicking it at the ground in an act of defiance. "Relax lady, don't go turning into fried chicken." His remark referring to her reddened face. He continued to walk into the crowd of monsters before she could begin to screech at him, but even if she did, the sound of the crowd was nearly unbearable.

Just before he could tune it all out with his music, he was interrupted by an "Ehem!" to which he very aggregately looked down to what the sound was. He wasn't sure what she was, but an irritated little woman was glaring up at him. She had said something to him, but he couldn't make out a single word of it. "And what are you supposed to be, some sort of gnome?" This only managed to piss her off even more, before switching to Japanese. "Oh, how original of you." She said in a very unimpressed tone. "I can already tell you're going be a problem." She said reaching into a bag and pulling out a bracelet. "That woman you just disregarded was going to give you one of these, but you so rudely walked away before she could!" The woman slapped the bracelet into his free hand, before engulfing herself in a sparkling light. Now in a much smaller form with wings, she flies up to his face. "And seriously, smoking? In here? You should know better!" She zipped away and above him while dragging her large bag up with her. "Now put that on, and we better not catch you causing trouble again!"

"What the hell..." Sho mumbled and looked down at this bracelet he was given. Just then, he could hear the familiar sound of a train screeching to a halt. He didn't bother put the bracelet on, so when the voice spoke on the loudspeaker, he still only heard the nonsense of another language. He let out a quick chuckle, realizing the ridiculousness of his situation before boarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back