• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
———:Alex Baker:———

Alex was slowly absorbed in the game. It was familiar and friendly: delightful to know his two roommates were into the game, at least compared to his strange expectations toward them. That said, his plan to learn about the others and generate sympathy went… poorly, to say the least. Did Raphael just wander off the edge on his own…? And he’d chosen the game! He must be using the same social tactics Alex was planning!

When it was over, Alex nodded with a quick "Good game." He hadn’t lost horribly, nor had he won spectacularly: Raphael was inordinately bad, and Samantha was extraordinarily good. It was a feeling he expected to get a lot from now on: the feeling of being totally average in the face of extremes he didn’t even know existed before.

The topic then shifted, and Alex came back to his unreal reality. The shift came at a bad time, as the topic of food, mixed with the reminder that the people surrounding him were weird, made him jump out of his seat at Ryan‘s suggestion. "Don’t eat m—my food before it’s cooked!" He came to his senses quick enough to save it. Super smooth. Definitely no one would notice how that sentence almost ended. "Good idea, good idea, yep… I’m actually not bad at homecooked meals… uhm, though it’s all human food…" he added at the end, noticing Raphael drinking precisely what he expected. That was actually kinda adorable…

———:5:———

5 was quickly corrected for insulting the small dorm guard. Though it seems it had inadvertently caused others to take it too seriously. "I do not hate Sandra and she is not visually unappealing by certain metrics," 5 corrected the misunderstanding. "It is an insult similar to your own so that I can test the spore effect on myself." Sadly, it didn’t seem to produce the spore effect 5 wanted…

"No. The law of these grounds states we cannot kill other students," 5 was very fast to shut down the idea. It was to be expected if she thought about it: golems were notorious for being sticklers. While it was certainly possible to build one that disregarded— even sought to break —rules, most were built to obey rules given by authority figures with absolute loyalty. Doing otherwise was heavily frowned upon by most professional Animancers.

———:Eija Svendrheim:———

Eija continued ‘chilling’ on her ice hoard as she watched the fire sprite unpack a painful amount of items. Unlike Eija’s piled-up hoard, which was quickly spilling into other parts of the room, she was a neat freak… at least, comparatively. It was a wonderful opportunity she couldn’t resist as she used her tail to scoop up a few coins every once in a while and flick them all over Spritey’s bed, just making the process longer. Although, the bed colors were surprisingly pleasing; unexpected from a Fire sprite… not red. Not that she’d complement such a trivial thing.

"How you creatures manage to sleep on such awful things, I will never understand," Eija shook her head, focusing instead on what she hated about the bed: it was a bed. "It hardly stimulates you at all! And shouldn’t you have a fireplace or something, Fire Sprite…?" She was actually glad there was no such thing in the room for obvious reasons. Again: not to be said aloud... ever. It was then that her eyes fell on the portraits. "Hm…" The picture of her looked rather nice, however… "Are you implying something, hanging a portrait of me next that burning chicken?!" It wasn’t clear it that was an insult or if she genuinely didn’t know…

Erin

The coins flicked onto her bed Erin would gather up and heat up to a melting point before molding them into a misshapen sphere. Since the melting point of silver was high this would take some time, but she could always jeer at Eija to pass the time. “You really aren’t very bright are you? I wonder how that will carry over into your grades. I guess the prestige of this school was exaggerated since they let air heads like you attend. Is all that ice dulling your intellect?” With a quick flick of her wrist Erin threw the ball of molten metal past the ice dragon’s head and it embedded itself into one of the ice blocks. The extreme heat mixing with the cold caused them to steam and pop, partly melting the ice and leaving a large imperfection where the sphere struck. “Keep your gaudy silver coins on your side of the room dragon girl, some of us have taste.”

Veera

Veera had been watching Levi’s meltdown from her side of the room with a raised brow. “Is it really that bad? Look at all the room you’ve got!” to emphasize her point she jumped onto Levi’s bed and starfished her limbs out. “If you really don’t like it you can have my bed.”

Kage

The noise from the main room drew out the oni to see what all the commotion was. “You people sound like a pack of wild dogs.” he said glaring at the ones who were playing games. His unnaturally blue eyes fell on Alex, seeming to have to remind himself there was indeed a human there. “You stink of fear. What you haven't gotten over who your classmates are yet? If you were going to be this afraid of everything, why show up in the first place? I bet the snake is planning on eating you. Nagas are known to enjoy playing with their food.”

———:Samantha, Ryan, Raphael:———

"Why would I eat him? we're not sssssssssavages, a**hole!" Ryan said to Kage, before grabbing Alex by the hand to lead him into the kitchen, but the damage had been done.

"Now that you mention it, I thought something smelled odd..." Raphael sniffed the air and got closer to Alex. "Wait... you're a human? AWESOME!" Raphael cheered in stark contrast to Alex's expectations. "So would you say you liked cats?" He morphed into a small tabby kitten and sauntered over, looking up at the panicking human as though he wanted to be picked up.

Samantha sighed, "Cats are good stress relievers... just pet him already. I don't think he'll leave you alone unless you do anyway." she marched over to Kage and crossed her arms, "Some Jap diety with an elitist complex isn't gonna get away with scaring my friend like that." She scanned the room, took in a breath, and shouted, "SANDRA!!!"

The plant person shouted from out a window, "We are NOT your babysitter. If people are afraid of other students they can go bother a teacher! the homeroom computer has an email system! Is it too much to ask for Us to sunbathe here?"

Ryan sighed, "Are we really that terrifying?"

He seemed a bit hurt. the first time in years he was able to not hide his tail with hypnotism, and he was scaring his potential friend... the situation only got worse when he tried to solve everything with food... He slinked off to the bedroom in a dejected state as Samantha walked over to Alex, "Look what you did! are you happy with yourself, you wannabe diety?" she shouted over her shoulder at Kage loud enough that everyone in the house heard. She sighed and took Alex's hand, "Let's go see our room, okay?" She said much more tenderly than her outburst earlier.

———: Drake:———
"I drew what I assume Erin would look like should she wish to melt you down," Drake said, turning to Eija. He was getting a bit tired of her sass, to be honest. Still, his expression was one of absolute neutrality as he took out another canvas and went back to drawing his musings. this time, however, he drew a small village scene, with children playing and people walking and shopping at vendors. nothing particularly intricate unless you were to know it was his home village. Hanging that one up, he positioned it between the two majestic creatures, and then got into his bed, "I need to take a nap... Erin, wake me when it's time for assembly tomorrow or if Eija decides to freeze hell." he turned over on his bed and soon he was asleep. one of his talents was sleeping through anything he deemed uninteresting. the most interesting thing right now was a massive ball of silver smoking in an ice prison... maybe he could make a sculpture out of it later...

zz zz zz zz... zz zz zz zz...

———:Levi:———
Levi looked over at her, "Okay, that's it! Out of my bed! I am NOT interested in sharing it with a girl I just met and-I've said too much. AAUUUUUGH!!!" he swore into his pillow. As if to mock him, the jacuzzi started up, steam and bubbles filling the side of the room. "It's automatic??? Well ain't that just a bed of roses!" he groaned. even if he wasn't going to admit it, he DID have a jacuzzi in his room back home and he used it regularly to relieve stress caused by, rather ironically, his mother. He even had a swimsuit in his backpack for such an occasion, though he had assumed his mom had given it to him for an elective.

———:Letos:———
Letos frowned, "I know, 5... I was just mad, that's all." she explained. Letos went to her room to unpack all sorts of things related to the undead and occult science machines humans would have pegged to be fictional at best and deadly at worst.

Sandra seemed to be surprised that 5 had intentionally wanted to test the spores' effectiveness. "You actively sought out punishment? could it be that We cannot affect gollems?" the mandragora thought. that was troubling. though emotionless, 5 could still act on it's own conclusions and decisions, so Sandra hoped they didn't need to impose rules against something 5 was opposed to doing to an extreme. "We should alert Gaia..." they muttered before sending a message to the headmistress.

Last edited:

Things had gone from 1 to 10 real fast! He'd tried masking his fear, and imagined himself to have done a very good job of it... by human standards. The issue, of course, was that these were not humans at all. And it turned out, smelling fear was not a metaphor for no reason. As was only natural, bringing up the ability to smell fear only worked up more fear, as Alex quickly began to realize how hard it was to keep emotions secret that previously were fairly easy to.

"W-wait, Ryan, no, I didn't mean..!" he stammered too little too late as he was already down the hall. Day 1 and he'd already committed a major offense without even trying! Alex's eyes fell down to Raphael as he strut his little cat body. It was cute! But there was also something a bit disturbing about petting one of his peers like an animal. Wait, were all cats really transformed people!? Holding his head briefly, Alex shook it clear and knelt down to give Raphael a pet behind the ears. Well, he felt like a normal cat: fluffy and pleasant! And Samantha wasn't wrong: it was soothing!

"Yeah... yeah, let's check our room! Good idea..." Alex nodded as Samatha took his hand and led him down the hall. Thankfully, his bed was fairly normal. A bit plain, but he'd make the space a little nicer with the things he packed later.

"No punishment, just spores," 5 answered Sandra, clearly not understanding that the spores were the punishment. "If you do not wish to, I will return to my room to recharge." Without another word, 5 turned and followed after Letos. 5 had expected to find something fairly basic as 5 was used to: a single mana conduit plug attached to the wall near the floor where 5 would lie down for the charging process. Instead, the school had gone all out to get 5 a full-fledged charging pod: sealable, high mana throughput... the works! "Good," 5 said upon seeing it, having nothing more to say about it.

Instead, 5 focused on Letos as she quickly assembled what could best be called a mad scientist's lab turned bedroom. "What does this all do?" 5 asked curiously.

Drake's answer got a smirk from Eija. It wasn't meant to be a snarky roast on his end, but given how Eija had just called it a flaming chicken, he'd now effectively called her that... in her mind anyway. "I shall never understand the strange mind of an artist," she shrugged, collapsing back into her pile of coins. However, she'd barely begun to try and relax, when the fire sprite started running her mouth again. Eija sighed a deep breath of frosty air as she was quickly losing her patience, but what followed truly caused her to snap as the ball of flaming silver malformed her precious hoard's ice spike! Most dragons were naturally territorial, and there were three great offenses that were considered a death sentence in the outside world: insulting a dragon's family, messing with a dragon's first coin, and messing with a dragon's hoard. Even though the hoard had been her's for all of 10 minutes, the fire sprite had now committed grave offense #3. That was basically murder, so obviously Eija's reaction would be justified retribution. The staff would understand, no doubt.

Eija's eyes snapped onto Erin in a furious rage. "I'll end your miserable little existence right now, fire sprite!!" she spat, tail whipping violently back and forth behind her. From the look in her eyes, any previous warnings she'd received had gone straight out the window, replaced by bitter rage. Claws extended, skin began to cover in scaly armor, and she took a deep breath as the room grew frigid, warning of the oncoming ice blast. From the energy converging at Eija's mouth, it looked like she intended to fire at full-blast, potentially demolishing the wall behind Erin that was separating the dorm rooms if it wasn't stopped...

Erin

Erin remained calm in the face of the ice dragon’s rage, in this school she wouldn’t be intimidated by dragons, demons, or any other being that thought themselves more important than they actually were. Besides, it's not like any damage Eija did would be permanent to Erin. “Oh stop being such a spoiled brat, honestly you’re how old and throwing tantrums like this?” She didn't wait for an answer, her bed was close to the door and once she was done speaking she turned around and left the room. Eija would get her comeuppance, that Erin was sure about even if it didn’t come from her. For now though if she was going to ever teach the dragon a lesson, Erin would have to do it in a way that made it so she wasn’t breaking any rules, or was justified in doing so.

Veera

“Nobody said anything about sharing a bed weirdo, I said trade. You know, I get yours, you get mine?” She sat on the edge of the bed as Levi threw himself down and started screeching at the hot tub. “Your parents must be loaded if they can afford for you to have a jacuzzi at school.” Kicking off her shoes and rolling up her pant legs, Veera moved to sit on the edge of the jacuzzi and stick her feet in the water. “I mean what's so wrong with it? Big nice bed, and your own hot tub, seems pretty nice to me.”

Kage

“Maybe not ssssavage, but you do sssssssound sssssssstupid.” Kage called after Ryan in a mocking tone as he went after Alex. When Samantha called for Sandra, he glanced in the direction of the voice before laughing and flicking the cyclops in the forehead. “Oh wow, you sure showed me. Don’t tell me that’s the best you losers can do? Going and crying to plant nanny? The only thing more pathetic than your insults is you, don’t think I haven't noticed that suddenly you can walk all on your own. All day you’ve been stumbling around like a fawn on her new legs, relying on those two idiots' help just to keep upright. But now, all of the sudden when it suits you, you can walk on your own? You're just the embodiment of a cry for attention aren’t you, you bug eyed, corpse eating, sheep herder!

———:Samantha, Sandra, ALUCARD, Ryan:———

Sandra sighed. Greeeeaaat... now they were all just being 3-year-olds and hurling shameful insults at each other. "Don't say we didn't warn you." They shouted into the room as the building suddenly went dark. a large group of bats smashed through a perfectly good window as laughter crept into the darkness. in a few seconds, they converged in the center of the darkness.

"Oh goodie, a wannabe demigod b*tch who thinks he's better than the mutt he actually is!!! time for a bit of fun! so what shall I do first? I could shoot your legs off, or suck you dry of all that delicious blood a few times and cast reanimation magic on you until you dream of electric vampire bats for a month! Come give daddy a hug! or would you rather I bust a cap in your a** and enchant it to explode every time you move? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! come here you little sh!t!!!!"

In moments, Kage and Alucard were just... gone... vanished... bibbity boppity banished...

"Eeeep!" Samantha ran into her room after Alex and locked the door, where she fell face down onto the floor. "Alex, hold me? I'm s-s-s-scared... why do people have to be so mean?"

she was crying and hugged him as she sobbed. the next thing she said was anything but sad, "Maybe I should use my digitizer and make that a**hole stuck in the Amnesia game..."

She had no idea that Alucard had... other ideas...

"I ssssshould have never come here..." Ryan was obviously hurt emotionally as he didn't react to the insane vampiric laughter outside as the entire dorm smelled of death and blood.

———:ALUCARD and Kage:———

"Well that was fun... so idiot, welcome to immobilization block one hundred and seventy-three. You are unable to use magic. you are unable to move. you will only be allowed to eat if I say you can. I will remove you from this room either after I deem you as either genuinely apologetic or marginally insane. in the case of the latter, I will kill you and reinstate your state of being to a point where it didn't happen. As an Oni, I am sure you won't go insane considering your lifespan, so until you feel the emotion we like to call remorse... how about a little water torture? Oh, and in this room, every piece of food you will see or touch tastes like your own feces. I'll check on you in a few days."

A sink away from his line of sight was suddenly dripping on his face.

———:???:———
"So you thought just because you were a higher power to a human mind, you would be able to get away with anything... a pity... I will give you a chance to correct your mistake, but if such as this is cause for worry again, everything Alucard said WILL be the end result. Bear with the headache..."

———:TIME REVERSAL:———
"Eeeep!" Samantha ran into her room after Alex and locked the door, where she fell face down onto the floor. "Alex, hold me? I'm s-s-s-scared... why do people have to be so mean?"

she was crying and hugged him as she sobbed. the next thing she said was anything but sad, "Maybe I should use my digitizer and make that a**hole stuck in the Amnesia game..."

"Fu*k, not this again... I was having fun... Young man, do not make me come here again." And just like that, the Vampire King disappeared.

———:Letos:———
"It's mostly stuff to summon demons and familiars... oh and animate stuff like you, 5!" She was excited he had asked. she looked around a bit the moment she felt time go backwards. "I thought I set that up already... odd..."

———:Levi:———
"I would feel better sleeping in this bed to be honest... almost a perfect replica of my bed at home... mom really wanted me to do what she does, so she kept buying stuff for two people...WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN H-oh...my bad..." he almost said something a bit odd as she put her feet in the tub.

"Oh f**k!" the young man said quietly as he was frozen solid from the blizzard in the room.

Raphael was on the other side of the door as it fell off it's hinges and he peeked in, "Wait'a kill someone, Drago-buster!" he pointed at Drake the popsicle.

Sandra sighed, "Alright, one hour and you've already needed us, great... coming through..." their vines pulled drakesickle out of the room and cast a bit of ressurection magic and reversal of state magic, to where he was back to normal.

His eyes shot open. "I... I was dead! I saw... so much... so many different... DID ANYONE SEE THAT?"

Sandra sighed, "No. the afterlife is not something you should dwell on. can you stand? good. now then, EIJA, FRONT AND CENTER!!!"

They released their spores and Eija fell over, motionless. "We will release you when the assembly has begun. We will also be taking away your silver should your offense be repeated twice more. Your parents signed the documents. If you think we are joking, then perhaps reincarnating you as an ant would be preferable. Ant." Sandra pointed to themselves, "Boot. see how that works?"

Under ordinary circumstances, a girl running up and hugging Alex was pretty darn ideal, and he'd be lying if he'd said it wasn't somewhat pleasant. Unlike all the myths and the stories, Samantha was neither ugly, nor dressed in loin cloth. In fact, apart from the one, giant, closed eye he could feel on his chest, Samantha looked and felt like an ordinary girl in every way. What didn't, however, was the strange and somewhat threatening-sounding idea of trapping someone in a video game with a 'digitizer,' whatever that was. One nice moment of normal and she just had to make it weird again...

But what really made the moment terrifying was the very reason the two of them were attached like magnets: that display by... a teacher? He hadn't really introduced himself, but Alex assumed it was Alucard from the somewhat deranged sounding voice he remembered hearing through the PA system. "Maybe... don't do... that," Alex answered Samantha, still unsure what to even call it. "I have a feeling it's going to be hard enough getting along with the others here without the teachers getting involved..."

And on the note of "getting along," Alex turned to Ryan. He wasn't about to let this opportunity for a little heart-to-heart apology go to waste. "Aww, hey, don't say that! I admit, I'm a little freaked out by everything, sure. But I still think coming here is for the best... for both of us! It'll just take some... adjusting, but so does everything worthwhile!" Alex forced a grin. In his mind, he'd stood tall, taken charge of the situation, and proven himself a capable leader as he comforted the terrified girl in his arms. In reality, Samantha seemed to have calmed down a bit ever since mentioning the 'digitizer,' and Alex was still shaking on the floor, clinging to her like a security blanket. This might have harmed that image he was going for slightly. But! His words had been from the heart. Hopefully, that got through.

"You did. My internal clock skipped back 72 seconds," 5 pointed out, not overly concerned as it wandered over to check on the machines. "I was told I was expensive, but I would be interested in creating a 6 if possible." Said with all the enthusiasm of a tired old academic professor who wasn't getting paid enough.

Eija hadn't even noticed the Drakesicle, as all her fury was focused entirely on the Fire Sprite as she calmly left the room. Mere walls would not stop her from icing that snobby pest! She hit the ground, face to the floor. Mere spores wouldn't stop her from icing that snobby pest either!!

"Mmhph!!"

...or maybe they would. Eija released a growl as Sandra doubled-down on the threats. Though the growl might've been words unable to be articulated with a paralyzed tongue, it was hard to tell. What was obvious though, was that Eija was not pleased in the slightest! That said, from her new perspective, ironically similar to that of an ant looking up from the floorboards, she was able to more clearly see Drake in the process of getting reversed to normal. It was somewhat regrettable, the artist getting involved. Ultimately, it was really his fault for being in the way. Much like this little plant thing was entirely wrong to pin the blame on Eija when fire sprite girl had been the aggressor!

But then, all this presented itself as a learning opportunity. It had taught her a valuable lesson, and one she'd truly take to heart: it didn't matter what she did, only what they thought she did. Eija had to destroy her enemies using wit over strength! If the faculty in this place had strength-- even over a dragon --then she'd play the game shrewdly. And maybe that was why her parents had sent her to a place filled with so many inferior creatures in the first place: to prove that dragons were not only superior in strength, but also in wit!

...which she would do after she was finished uncontrollably drooling over the floor.

Erin

Eija’s frost breath had his Erin as she left the room, but it hadn’t had nearly the same effect on the phoenix as it did Drake. The fire from Erin’s body was able to quickly melt away the ice, and flickering orange flames healed away the frostbite left on her skin. The whole process took only five minutes, and once it was complete Erin was left as if the attack never even happened.

Walking over to the she dragon, Erin nudged her onto her side with her foot. “Can’t have you drowning in your own spit now can we dragon girl?” the redhead said with the sweetest smile before going to check on Drake. “You alright? I didn’t think she’d actually have the gall to do it… guess I was wrong. Sure am glad I don’t ever have to worry about having to be resurrected.... Speaking of.” She knelt down to Eija’s level, unable to help the smirk that formed on her face at the sight of the high and mighty made low. “I know there aren’t a lot of me out there, but I think this is a wonderful learning opportunity for you. I’m a phoenix, dragon girl. The child of a fire sprite and a harpy. As a phoenix I possess amazing regenerative capabilities, so even if that ice blast had hit me directly, it wouldn’t have killed me.” Erin decided it best not to mention that such injury would undoubtedly incapacitate her for at least a day, Eija didn’t need to know that… if she was listening at all.

Veera

“Dude chill, all that yelling is going to cause you to lose your voice. Sides that, your mom can buy you all the erotic stuff on the planet and you’d never bring anyone home, you’ve got zero charm.” Veera teased, splashing a small amount of water at him with her foot. “If it makes you feel any better I have seven older sisters and none of us have the same father.”

Kage

Kage had a headache all right, but not from the water. What the hell kind of school was this? They throw around that their guardians had signed the papers for this bull shit, but Kage knows for a fact his siblings never read a damn thing. Those idiots sent him here to die. “Hey Sandra.” Kage said approaching the plant, paralyzed dragon, and redhead. “Why the hell was I whisked away by the deranged vice-headmaster, for making a few idiots sad, when this bitch killed someone and is only getting put in time out? What? Does the school have an ‘oni only policy’ when it comes to your torture chamber? And stop calling me an elitist, I hate everyone equally, unlike this psycho. So stop putting me in the same category as her. Honestly, grow some thicker skin, why don’t you all? If words are all it takes to hurt you you’re all gonna be dead by the end of the first month, need I remind you all we go to school with actual demons?”

With that he stomped off to his room, still pissed off from his experience, what did they expect from him!? He was an oni for gods sake, of course he was going to be mean! If being mean was all it was going to take for the vampire king to kill him, he would be the one that wouldn’t last a week. He threw the door to his room open and stomped past his roommates while cursing under his breath. Going to one of his bags, he threw it open and ripped out the contents till he found the parchment and pen he was looking for. Moving to the desk he started writing quickly a letter to his sibling that was the head of his house. Oni families were tough love, but they wouldn’t allow a member to be killed or maimed for such a small offence. Maybe if he told them the conditions he was in they would take him out of this horrible place.

Once the letter was finished he burned it, the smoke would magically travel to his home to be read by the only being Kage truly feared, the head of his household and one of the strongest oni he knew. His sister. Female oni were relatively uncommon and usually married off quickly, Kage’s sister on the other hand, had managed to claim her place as the head of the family through the only way oni knew how, brute strength. Now, she definitely wasn’t going to come to the school and fight the vampire king, but she would at least send for him to return home.

“Honestly what’s with that guy? It's not like I hurt her or threatened to. This place must be full of weaklings if that's how they act from mere words. What a joke.”

———: Ryan, Samantha:———
Samantha sniffled a bit and clung to Alex's shirt for comfort. "I would never eat you, you know... that only happened hundreds of years ago... we don't... I would never... you believe me right?" she sobbed into his shirt more.

Ryan sighed, "You know we wouldn't attack you right? If anything, we're here to learn, not to fight amongst each other."

———: Raphael, Sandra:———

"I'm sorry... what just happened?" Raphael had seen someone literally come back from the dead, and it made him question the exact thing Kage was thinking. Why would killing someone just deserve what was effectively a nap? Though he didn't have the context that Kage had about what Alucard had done, it seemed too lenient a punishment for literal murder.

"We suppose we should explain. Alucard does pretty much whatever tickles his fancy. The person who puts him in his place is Headmistress Gaia herself, so if he had not interfered, we would have also reprimanded the Oni in the other room who doesn't seem to have manners. it is regrettable, but Alucard has no sense of the word lenience..." Sandra explained with an exasperated sigh.

"So in other words, we just leave how dire our consequences are up to random chance?" Raphael frowned.

Sandra sighed, "This is a bit embarrassing to admit, but We are a sophomore here, so all we know is this. do your best to not piss off the staff. If you believe someone is in the wrong, talk to us if you don't want something drastic to happen. Even we make mistakes... we should not have been prioritizing the sun over the Oni's well-being. Give us a moment."

Sandra sprouted in the window of Kage's room. "Apologies are in order. We should have simply taken action as your upperclassman rather than shirked our duties and caused such a thing to happen to you. Please forgive us..." they were bowing at a ninety-degree angle, head staring at the floor, perhaps to appeal to his heritage.

———: Letos:———
Letos smiled, "That sounds like fun. Would you rather it be like a little brother, or were you thinking of marriage?" she teased.

———: Levi:———
"Do I really not have any charm?" for some reason that made Levi less confident in himself. Maybe it was the fact that he was at least a little self-conscious about his own attraction, or maybe he was just not aware she was teasing him. Wait... Did she say seven sisters? that's a lot of stepdads...

"Is all this really necessary? I mean... I just wanted to draw... and she froze me solid, so I guess this is just gonna happen a lot?" Drake seemed troubled. Eija would most likely not try to freeze someone again due to the threat of losing her hoard. That still didn't help the fact that it was an offense to take away a dragon's hoard and she would definitely see it in that light. Given her personality, she might try to rampage if that happened...

Drake sighed. What was Gaia even thinking when she built this school?

Alex pat Samantha’s head a few times to help her calm down. It was kinda ironic, given how he was the most in-need of it, but it felt nice to be of good use. "I know, I know," Alex answered the both of them together. "You both seem like decent people!" Unlike a certain ice dragon who’d just ice-cubed the guy from the other room. Yikes. That girl seemed to be what his subconscious mind was most afraid these two were several moments ago, but for real!

"Besides, if anyone seems like trouble, I think it’s one of those two that just got reprimanded…" he claimed, hoping to shift the focus over to a more clear enemy. Mutual enemies tended to make better friends… hopefully.

"Hm?" 5 didn’t appear to understand that she was teasing at all and considered the question in its fullest. Aloud. "A wife would not make sense: we cannot reproduce. A brother requires the same creators to be involved to qualify as a sibling. If I am involved in the creation process, the closest biological equivalent would be a child. It could be modeled to appear as a son or daughter to preference. Though it would not serve the same function as biological children to, so calling it a child may also be inaccurate." 5 spoke a surprising amount about it, though it seemed more like random, academic comments rather than having any real opinions about anything.

"…!!"

Eija obviously didn’t have much to say, or more accurately, had a lot to say that she couldn’t. That said, when Erin knelt down, she managed a sharp exhale which blasted Erin with an unpleasantly chilly draft of air. The most snarky protest she could offer under the circumstances.

Erin

In response to the cold air hitting her face, the skin around Erin’s cheeks began to slowly burn, the flames shaping themselves to look almost feather-like. The phoenix ignored the dragon, instead offering her hand to Drake to lead him into the kitchen. “We should get something to eat, it's been a long day. I have peanut butter, I have bread, and I can make toast. How does toasted peanut butter sandwiches sound? I know it's not the most sophisticated meal, but it’s pretty much all I eat.”

Veera

“Do you want to be seen as charming? Because your whole reaction to all this,” she gestured to his portion of the room. “Gives me the impression you’d rather just blend into the crowd. What is your mom anyways? I haven’t been exposed to the outside world enough to be able to identify other beings by just looking at them. My mother saw to it we stayed tucked away in the forest as our matrons before us did, what a joke.”

Kage

The oni looked up from his brooding and raised a brow at Sandra. “Whatever. Just know my sister will probably be writing him… soon as she sees my letter. I didn’t even want to come to this stupid school.

He would glance over to his roommates as they yammered on about… something. The Machine and the… other one. “Great, I got stuck with a couple of nerds, least they could have done was place me in a room with creatures that are quiet.” he mumbled out, not caring if the two heard him before he rolled over onto his side away from them.

———: Ryan, Samantha, Drake, Raphael, Sandra, Letos:———
"Let'ssss jusssst focussss on one thing at a time. Like a normal dinner perhapssss?" Ryan suggested to the other two.

Samantha sniffled, her one big eye still wet with tears, but before she could say anything her stomach betrayed her hunger. "Do you think the staff had anything stocked in the common room fridge?" She asked as she dried her eye.

Ryan shrugged and went out to the common room only to hear the words "-a long day. I have peanut butter, I have bread, and I can make toast. How does toasted peanut butter sandwiches sound? I know it's not the most sophisticated meal, but it’s pretty much all I eat."

"I wouldn't mind a peanut butter-" Drake tried to accept but was shot down by Ryan shouting,

"OH, HELL NO!" Ryan threw the fridge open. He found it was indeed stocked to the brim with all sorts of frozen meat and rare cuts at that. the cabinets were also full of spices.

"Any requesssstssss? And by that, I mean do we have any veganssss here? I have been told multiple timessss that I outcook some douche named... Gourd... on... Ram... ssssee... ssssomething or other? If you really want a feasssst, look no further." Ryan was already calculating which cuts of meat would be seasoned how and what to do if someone said they were vegan.

In mere moments he had a literal rack of monstrous boar ribs being sprinkled with spices and had it in the oven before anyone could stop him. "Alex, you can make a ssssalad right? we need ssssomething to offsssset the gamey taste of thissss particular meat." Ryan took charge of the kitchen not letting Erin near the bread at all.

Samantha whispered into Alex's ears "This might just be my stomach talking, but... food can go a long way to gain a good rep."

Drake sighed, "I guess peanut butter toast is too plain for some people..."
"I'll stick with my milk." the Neko of the group said. Next to him on a table were four empty milk cartons.

Sandra sighed, "You are free to use whatever is in the fridge and pantry to prepare meals should you not wish to order something from the school grounds after the semester starts. We will not need food, as we use water and photosynthesis, or, on occasion, we prefer cursed or blessed soil depending on the seasons."

Well, that was odd... cursed soil? Raphael stopped drinking his milk and attempted to make a joke. "You mean that stuff from the Necromancer's failed experiments, or do you order it from the Lich King?"

"Both are correct," Sandra said in a dead-serious tone.

"Right... so... Lich exist? and they will be on campus?" Raphael gulped.

"Once again, correct" Sandra smiled. "The Lich King is more or less a Chaotic Neutral position. He helps the Queen of Ghouls around the school and has an avid interest in occult artifacts-"

BAMM! The door to Letos' room slammed open and she seemed to be breathing in a ragged, almost creepy way with an expression you probably wouldn't show to kids.

"Lich? WHERE! Lemme see!" Letos shouted. Being an avid occult researcher for... certain reasons made her super interested in the topic. She had all but forgotten about the "child" topic 5 was speaking of, and it probably wasn't helping him understand emotions when hers were this eratic.

———: Levi:———
"Promise you won't laugh?" Levi asked. seeing that she had been serious about the question and wasn't trying to mock him, he took a deep breath.

"Mom's a succubus. Which means if I were to REALLY try, I could theoretically turn myself into a chick magnet when by all rights nothing I did was sexy. basically I am 1/2 Incubus." He looked around the room. "Please don't tell anyone! It isn't that I don't want to charm people... it's that I don't want people to stereotype me for my bloodline because I actually TRIED to do it at all."

Last edited:

Much to Alex’s relief, things appeared to have calmed down. The group slowly made their way to the kitchen (or quickly, in Ryan’s case), though Alex paused a moment to glance in one of the open doors. The scary dragon girl was lying there in a less-than-flattering position, tongue laid out on the floor. It was a horribly pitiful looking position that, being the gentleman he was, invoked a sense of duty to help from inside him.

…but that girl was heckin’ scary.

He shook his head and continued after Ryan and Samantha. It was incredible how quickly Ryan had turned an empty countertop into a city of glistening pots, pans, and spice containers. "It’d be pretty tough to grow up vegan around my family. Although…" Alex trailed off as his eyes locked onto Raphael. ‘If cats are people, could cows, pigs, and other sources of meat be too?’ It was a quiet thought that, he supposed, was best kept that way. Hopefully cats couldn’t read minds.

Suddenly, Alex straightened up as his name was called. Ah, good: an easy, doable task! "Yes sir! I’m on it," he nodded, joining Ryan in the kitchen space. Chopping veggies and throwing them in a bowl was an easy enough task, though it was slightly harder with a naga tail constantly slithering around to distract him. Alex shook his head clear. Focus on not getting the fingers chopped off!

"Anger…?" 5 commented in a very questioning tone as it followed Letos. It knew anger fairly well: excitable, energetic, loud, frantic, intense, and it prompted sudden, erratic behavior. This fit the definition pretty well, but there was something off about it. Perhaps something in the face? Also, what was she angry about, anyway? Maybe a lich hurt her in the past or something?

Erin

The naga, Ryan she believed he was called, sudden outburst caused Erin to raise her brow. The refrigerator and cabinets full of expensive meat and spices further confused the phoenix, just what kind of school was this? Could she expect other such high quality items throughout the year? Did magic supply the food and thus make it so the school didn’t need to spend vast amounts of money on luxury foods?

Erin left the kitchen as Ryan worked himself into a frenzy, she’d already gotten into an altercation with one student, at least for today she’d allow the nage to decide what she was eating. The shouting from the kitchen would drive Erin back to her room where she’d surf the web on her phone. Let the others eat first, she’d get something after they all calmed down.

Veera

“Is that all?” The vila said returning to her side of the room. My people are known for seducing people too. In fact, according to human legends we slowly suck the life energies from our lovers, driving them mad in the process until they die. Oh, and some say if anyone should see us dancing then they can’t but help join us and dance all night until they die of exhaustion.

The commotion coming from the kitchen drew Veera out of the room to where everyone had gathered to watch or help Ryan cook. “Whatcha making? She asked, coming to peer over the naga’s shoulder caring little for his personal space. “smells good.”

As Alex chopped away at the salad ingredients, Raphael caught him staring and smirked. He knew that look. Any human who was eating a hamburger and then noticed his ears shared that exact look at him. "Relax, buddy! It's not like we cook minotaurs. That's what cows are for!" he tried to explain meat hierarchy, oblivious to the way he made it seem like he had read Alex's mind.

Ryan heard someone ask what he was making, and his tongue forked out as he explained, "Wild Boar. This particular one should be enough to feed everyone. just give it a few more minutes."

Letos calmed down considerably when she realized Sandra was not saying a Lich was here and had simply mentioned one who worked on campus.

"No, not angry... just got excited, 5." she explained to her friend.

At this point, Levi had followed Veera out of the room. "Something smells REALLY good," he said, taking in a whiff of air.

Once the food was on the table, Samantha sat down and pat the seat next to her, offering Alex the spot. "Here. you can sit with me!" she said cheerfully.

Raphael just morphed into a rather adorable kitten and went over to a corner to take a catnap, curling into a ball.

Letos's stomach rumbled and she muttered, "I should have eaten before I got on the train..." before sitting and digging in.

Drake, however, followed Erin and shrugged, "I would have been fine with toast... I gotta be honest. I don't think I am really a people person. I already died, just because someone got mad while I was in the room."

Wow. Drake was already blaming himself for Eija's poor conduct.

Sandra went back to photosynthesizing as the group ate. Although no one made a move to disturb Kage as it was pretty clear he was pissed at the moment. Sandra did send Alucard the warning about Kage's family and had received a notice that the staff was aware and had sent a note of their own explaining that most first-years would act out, but the family was free to do as they wished and that if they so chose could remove Kage from the premises. However, the note also reminded the family of their own experiences at that age and the schooling they had received as well. considering that their school days had much worse torture back then, the issue was Kage's worldview, not what his behavior was like.

———:Alex Baker & 5:———

Alex shared a quick look with Raphael. His blank expression maybe made it more clear than he’d have liked that he simply didn’t understand what was being implied. Thankfully, Raphael had used the word ‘relax.’ Relax was a nice word: he’d focus on that! There was no way massive chain-restaurant tycoons were involved in a genocide of sentient species anyway, right? Yeah, these were just animals with normal animal meat.

"A few minutes? There’s no way you can roast a full wild boar for several people in just— what the!? How!?" He cut himself off, feeling his eyes burst wide open at the sight of the massive, cooked chunk of meat that had been raw mere moments ago. "Incredible…!" he exclaimed, giving the master chef due praise. If magic was a thing, and it could do stuff like that, his time here would clearly be well worth the stress and moderately-severe trauma.

Minutes later, Alex found himself taking a seat, with Samantha on one end, and a stone-faced boy on the other. His gaze was cold, with blue eyes unnaturally glowing beneath a helmet which appeared to be fused to his skull. He was just sitting there, staring at people and saying nothing. No food on his plate, no words in his mouth, and even the drinks went untouched. Obviously, Samantha would be far more pleasant to talk to, but Alex felt the need to say something to his other side.

"Uhm… so hi, I’m Alex," he coughed awkwardly then offered a handshake. The strange person took his hand and shook with an incredibly firm grip that made him fear for his fingers’ safety.

"I am 5," 5 said. And it seemed that was all he planned to say. But now 5 was staring straight at him like a security camera that refused to move on, and only after what felt like a full minute, 5 began to focus away again. Alex felt himself relax the moment this strange person turned away and immediately turned to face Samantha.

"So, is there anything interesting cyclops trivia you’d be interesting in sharing? What other kind of differences are there between us?" he tried making conversation. "Besides the obvious, I mean, haha!" Forcing a chuckle to lighten the mood, Alex pointed to his own eyes for illustration.

Erin

Erin would wake up before the others the following morning to take a quick shower and get breakfast. The phoenix girl had actually fallen asleep before eating the following night so she was rather hungry that morning. With her hair still wet from the shower, Erin entered the kitchen and began sifting through the cupboards, a bowl of cereal would be just fine for her that morning.

Veera

Unlike Erin, Veera was less than thrilled to wake up at such an early hour, in fact she’d downright refused to leave her bed until she was about to be late for her first event for the day. She might not be very interested in her studies, but she was at least interested to see all the sights the school had.

Kage

The only reason the oni got up that morning was because he was certain the plant would hound him until he left for classes, and it might tattle to that stupid vampire again and he could do without the creatures dramatics for the rest of his immortal life. Kage didn’t bother getting breakfast, he didn’t really need to eat, and he’d largely ignore all the other students present in the dorm until it was time to leave. He told himself today would be awful, and would glare at anyone who approached him.

Zion

Zion was ecstatic for the first proper day of school, he’d been looking forward to seeing his friends again for weeks now. The young ice dragon was a second year and had been the top of his class at the end of last year and already had a reputation for being an excellent student. Since he was exemplary, the school had asked him to be a sort of guide to the younger students, a trusted source for any questions the new arrivals might have. As such, the first day he wore a brightly colored shirt to let new students know they could come to him, or anyone else with a similar shirt for questions or concerns. Until anyone approached him though, Zion would be stationed near the main entrance of the building to greet the students coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back