• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lycia, The Demon Within {OPEN}

Jon

Soldier of Fortune
Please visit our CS thread for more details: "Fantasy - Lycia, The Demon Within"

WE REALLY NEED Demon ROLES FILLED!!! PROBABLY THE MOST FUN ROLE!!!

Lycia, The Demon Within

History

Long ago, the world began with war.

It was said that the gods were bored with their new creation and decided to let their children, the angels, entertain them. The angels were placed in a pit and made to fight, and the gods placed their bets. Those who lost would Fall to the new world and walk as mortals, doomed to misery and love. And so, the angels fought and Fell, and their patron gods laughed and howled at it all. After a decade or two, the pit was empty, the gods were silent, and the world was full of mortals to make use of its bounties.

Most of these newfound humans accepted their fate well enough; mortality offered a sense of life they had never known before, and, while sorrow and terror and fury were not overlooked, they revealed far more in the joys of their adventures and their love for one another. Those few humans who could not cast aside their pride, however, were far from pleased. They grew furious at the gods for cursing them to such a fate, and they resented their brethren who accepted the Fall so readily. Their rage festered and intensified with every passing generation until these humans were no longer that—thus demons came to be.

The gods watched as their Fallen children battled yet again, though none were laughing now. The war lasted a full three centuries before a powerful demon woman rose to power. The Lady General led her armies and battled alongside the lowest of her soldiers against her insufferable human foe, convinced that only she could bring peace at last to this chaotic world, and perhaps even take revenge on those miserable gods above. But she was not the only one who earned her people’s respect. Across the battle line, a human hero rose above the ranks. Known as the Hero of Light, he was full of kindness and respect for all, no matter how low born.

They waged their battles, this Hero and Lady until the earth swelled with bodies and the rivers ran red. The gods wept, ashamed of the fates they brought unto their own children, and it is said that their tears washed over the leaders of each army and cleared their minds just long enough to reach a ceasefire. Unfortunately, it came too late. The Hero’s loyal sages uncovered the true name of the Lady General, for to know a demon’s name is to wield their very life. The moment she came close to speak of a treaty, they shouted her name and froze her in her tracks. Killing her would only make a martyr and bring another demon to fill her shoes. Instead, they proposed a marriage.

A union between the human man and the demon woman was utterly abhorrent to both parties involved, and yet it was the only peaceful option. Skirmishes continued across the lands, but the war slowly came to a halt. It was no pleasant experience; the Lady was stubborn and unwilling to share her power, while the Hero was distant and narrow-minded. But, for all of their clashes, they were crowned King and Queen and ruled together well. The humans and demons followed suit and at last, the world flourished again.

Many years pass on and the King and Queen produce several children. They have learned how to live with each other quite well and even the Queen has grown almost fond of her husband. Almost. The same cannot be said for him.

One day, the King and his family take a stroll through the castle and wind up in the catacombs. A trap was set and sprung on the Lady and her half-demon children; at the expense of his life, the King and his sages performed old magic, blood magic, and sought to trap his demon family with a great Soul Seal. Enraged, the Queen raised her hands with a sharp crack of her own magic and swore revenge on the kingdom and its beloved Hero before a crystal as red as blood swallowed the Lady and their children whole. Moments later, the King collapsed, dead before he hit the ground.

The loss of their rulers sent whispers of trouble through the kingdom, but the sages had a plan. The King had a lover on the side, a human woman with whom he shared a love that all aspire to. That woman birthed a child, the heir and future king of the realm, guided by his father’s advisors. But that was not the only change. With the Lady General sealed away forever, the demons of the world were gathered one by one. Those with any amount of power were lured and killed, all others sold into slavery and worked to their deaths until demons were all but extinct.

And so the centuries wore on. The history of Lycia became legend, and legend turned to bedside stories and forgotten words.

Now, amid peace and prosperity, a new prince seeks to rule. That is until he stumbles across a strange blood-red crystal…

Please visit our CS thread for more details: "Fantasy - Lycia, The Demon Within"

Lycia, THE DEMON WITHIN
Plot

This story will begin several centuries after the Queen and her half-demon children were sealed away. Now, peace has reigned over all of Lycia for many decades and the Hero of Light, the Queen's husband, has been reincarnated as the current prince of the Voston Empire. He spent his later teenage years adventuring with a select group of Knights (your characters) in order to see the empire, but now, with nothing but peacetime, he's grown bored. He's a full-fledged adult now, but still young and a tad foolish, and after wandering through the deeper parts of the castle, he ends up releasing the demons from their seal. The history of Lycia (the initial post of this interest check) has become a silly folktale after all this time, so the prince easily believes the queen when she says that she and the others were magicians wrongly sealed long ago. The queen still holds to her lust for revenge, but unfortunately, the seal has drained away her and her children's magic. They retain a little, enough for simple spells, but nothing strong enough to allow them to conquer the human race once and for all. In order to regain their magic, they must spread darkness in the hearts of the empire's citizens. They begin with the Knights, considering their influence over the common people. Meanwhile, the prince doesn't entirely trust the queen or her brood, but he believes he may be able to make use of them somehow. With the help of his Scholars, he'll try to learn more about them. The Scholars are called Scholars for a reason though, and they can likely sense that something's off about these strange new people much in the same way that the demons can sense a bit of their father within the prince.

Roles
These are explained more in the CS thread, but I'll add a bit here so that you won't have to go back and forth.

Demon Queen and Prince
Me and Jon. The leaders of the demons and the Knights respectively. The Scholars are also loyal to the prince, but without the strong angelic traits of the Knights, they can be more of a neutral party.

Demons and Knights
Please keep in mind that no human knows who or what the demons are, and with Lycia's history so disregarded, no one knows their true names yet either.
Under the guidance of the queen, the prince will assign each Knight to a demon so that they might learn from each other. The Knights will show their demons around town, converse, explain how times have changed such as with technology (simple machines, flintlock pistols, nothing incredibly advanced), and so on, all while the demons are trying to corrupt their hearts however possible without alerting the Knight. Demons can share their mind and power with their Knights, giving the Knights a certain buff unique to each demon. However, such a skill comes at a cost to both, such as exhaustion, physical pain, mental instability, et cetera.

Scholars
I believe this will be the trickiest role to play as Scholars may not have the same level of interaction as the others, but can still add an interesting dynamic to the story. One Scholar will be the Royal Advisor, whom the prince will keep close at all times. Scholars are just as renowned as Knights and just as much to thank for the peacetime as every king before them. However, they are not as pure or angelic as their chivalrous counterparts, leaving them more susceptible to corruption. The Queen despises Scholars with a passion, and fears them, too, which is why she's leaving them alone (for now) in favor of Knights. They will be the ones who investigate the queen and her demons at the behest of the prince.

Last edited:
Damn! That looks awesome. I think I'm going to have to step out though, I have too many RPs going on. But I wish you guys luck! I think your RP is going to be great.

I like it, I like it a lot!

So the idea is that demons are rising after being sealed away? Were all daemons sealed away or just the half demon half human royal family?

I like it, I like it a lot!

So the idea is that demons are rising after being sealed away? Were all daemons sealed away or just the half demon half human royal family?
Only the Queen and her children were sealed away. All other demons in the realm were slowly gathered up to be killed, or sold as slaves to be worked to death. When we start the actual story, demons will be all but extinct.

Gotcha, gotcha. Thank you!

Consider me in and down with the sickness then~
Wonderful, glad to have you! Check out our CS thread and feel free to start working on a character. We'll accept based on the quality of the sheet. If you have any questions, ask feel free to ask Jon or me!

I'll be sure to do just that~

Actually, I invited a friend, and we have an idea for a joint character that I would like to clear with you and/or the GM first.

This looks pretty neat. I'm coming off a hiatus from going out of the country so got plenty of spare time on my hands.

:: PLEASE NOTE ::
The roles available are NOT first-come, first-serve. All characters must be approved by me and Jon Jon before you can be granted the role you choose. Please PM the both of us with your sheets and they'll be accepted based on the quality of the character.

If you have any questions or ideas about the roles or your characters, please don't hesitate to PM either one of us!

Last edited:
Or just post in the other thread if you're feeling confident. We'll invite you to a discord server to probably continue things.

Our standards aren't very high, we just want things to go smoothly in the beginning since this is partner based.

Side note, if someone makes a good neko/cat girl character I'll add that race. No other races than things listed though.

This looks really fun!:o) I'm leaning towards a scholar but I'm unsure what their role or where they fall in the plot line?
Also for the character sheet do you prefer real fc or artistic?

No roles are filled yet actually lol, check the CS thread. Story is a bit ambiguous though so velleity velleity is writing up a tl;dr to better explain the plot and roles like.

This looks really fun!:o) I'm leaning towards a scholar but I'm unsure what their role or where they fall in the plot line?
Also for the character sheet do you prefer real fc or artistic?
Oh my goodness-gracious this looks like so much fun pleeeeease tell me there is room for one more? I would love to be a Knight! :O
Thanks so much! I'm glad you guys are intetested!

I'll have a better explanation of the roles and plot of this story up in a few hours.
Either kind of FC is acceptable!

As for role availability, they'll be granted to writers based on the quality of their CS. PM both of us with a completed sheet (it doesn't have to look fancy or anything, just get down all the info) and we'll let you know!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you guys are intetested!

I'll have a better explanation of the roles and plot of this story up in a few hours.
Either kind of FC is acceptable!

As for role availability, they'll be granted to writers based on the quality of their CS. PM both of us with a completed sheet (it doesn't have to look fancy or anything, just get down all the info) and we'll let you know!

Okay cool beans It's so going to look fancy I love coding

I'll work on my knight cs tomorrow. Had a crap day today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back