• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lycia, The Demon Within {OPEN}

Question: Are the Gods mentioned Roman, Greek, Norse, or based off something else? Would it be acceptable for a Knight to have an alias based off one of these Gods since many believe them to be some sort of angelic embodiment?

Question: Are the Gods mentioned Roman, Greek, Norse, or based off something else? Would it be acceptable for a Knight to have an alias based off one of these Gods since many believe them to be some sort of angelic embodiment?
The gods are simply gods, not based off any particular religion or mythology. They are merely the creators of worlds or universes, with each god in control of certain aspects of those worlds/universes. Knights are the best that humanity has to offer and as close to angels as this world gets since the days of the first Fallen. If you want your Knight to have an affinity for a certain type of god, such as one similar to the mythology you mentions, then you are welcome to shape that affinity and god however you wish!

LYCIA, THE DEMON WITHIN
Plot

This story will begin several centuries after the Queen and her half-demon children were sealed away. Now, peace has reigned over all of Lycia for many decades and the Hero of Light, the Queen's husband, has been reincarnated as the current prince of the Voston Empire. He spent his later teenage years adventuring with a select group of Knights (your characters) in order to see the empire, but now, with nothing but peacetime, he's grown bored. He's a full-fledged adult now, but still young and a tad foolish, and after wandering through the deeper parts of the castle, he ends up releasing the demons from their seal. The history of Lycia (the initial post of this interest check) has become a silly folktale after all this time, so the prince easily believes the queen when she says that she and the others were magicians wrongly sealed long ago. The queen still holds to her lust for revenge, but unfortunately, the seal has drained away her and her children's magic. They retain a little, enough for simple spells, but nothing strong enough to allow them to conquer the human race once and for all. In order to regain their magic, they must spread darkness in the hearts of the empire's citizens. They begin with the Knights, considering their influence over the common people. Meanwhile, the prince doesn't entirely trust the queen or her brood, but he believes he may be able to make use of them somehow. With the help of his Scholars, he'll try to learn more about them. The Scholars are called Scholars for a reason though, and they can likely sense that something's off about these strange new people much in the same way that the demons can sense a bit of their father within the prince.

Roles
These are explained more in the CS thread, but I'll add a bit here so that you won't have to go back and forth.

Demon Queen and Prince
Me and Jon. The leaders of the demons and the Knights respectively. The Scholars are also loyal to the prince, but without the strong angelic traits of the Knights, they can be more of a neutral party.

Demons and Knights
Please keep in mind that no human knows who or what the demons are, and with Lycia's history so disregarded, no one knows their true names yet either.
Under the guidance of the queen, the prince will assign each Knight to a demon so that they might learn from each other. The Knights will show their demons around town, converse, explain how times have changed such as with technology (simple machines, flintlock pistols, nothing incredibly advanced), and so on, all while the demons are trying to corrupt their hearts however possible without alerting the Knight. Demons can share their mind and power with their Knights, giving the Knights a certain buff unique to each demon. However, such a skill comes at a cost to both, such as exhaustion, physical pain, mental instability, et cetera.

Scholars
I believe this will be the trickiest role to play as Scholars may not have the same level of interaction as the others, but can still add an interesting dynamic to the story. One Scholar will be the Royal Advisor, whom the prince will keep close at all times. Scholars are just as renowned as Knights and just as much to thank for the peacetime as every king before them. However, they are not as pure or angelic as their chivalrous counterparts, leaving them more susceptible to corruption. The Queen despises Scholars with a passion, and fears them, too, which is why she's leaving them alone (for now) in favor of Knights. They will be the ones who investigate the queen and her demons at the behest of the prince.

It was left vague for each knight to establish their own back story and home kingdom /territory. We'll be working in cannon cities but the size of the empire is certainly accommodating. Capital city will be Bern.

Edit: think Europe the empire and nations the allied kingdoms /territories.

To anyone gunning for a demon child role, My Demon Queen has been posted in the CS thread. Take a look if you're feeling unsure where to start.

The scholar is actually a really unique (and vital) role if anyone is considering it.

Just wanted to clarify, but are the demon characters supposed to be the Queen’s children or can they be just other demons?

Heyyo! Saw that you might still need demon/scholar roles? I'm willing to give a go at either if you'd like? Cheers!
Thank you! Take a look at our CS thread and pick which one you like best, then PM me and Jon with your finished sheet. If you're accepted, you can have the role!

Just wanted to clarify, but are the demon characters supposed to be the Queen’s children or can they be just other demons?
Yes, the Queen's half-demon brood will be the only playable demon characters.

Roles still available:

Scholar: 1
Knight: 1
Demon: 2

We can begin the roleplay once we accept at least one more demon.

Roles still available:

Scholar: 1
Knight: 1
Demon: 2

We can begin the roleplay once we accept at least one more demon.

Hey! I'm building a demon, but he won't be ready until later tonight due to some travelling I need to do! (Also I don't quite have the 10 post requirement for PM, so would it be alright if I posted the cs in the main CS thread when it's ready??)

Scholar would be nice though, they have a great deal of plot influencing powers.

Hey! I'm building a demon, but he won't be ready until later tonight due to some travelling I need to do! (Also I don't quite have the 10 post requirement for PM, so would it be alright if I posted the cs in the main CS thread when it's ready??)
Ah, our CS thread is only for characters who are already accepted. If you could, just spam some hi's and hello's on the new member posts and you'll have the count in no time!

Heya! This sounds pretty interesting
I'd love to pick up either scholar or a demon :)
It might take me a bit to write out a character sheet though since admittedly I am a bit busy at the moment.
Additionally, before I commit to anything, I was wondering whether you are expecting this to become a slow or fast moving RP?
We're pretty full of demons now, but we could definitely use some scholars! Take yoir time and let us know if you have any questions. We may begin the story before you're accepted, but if you are, it'll be easy to bring your character in.

We expect a slow to moderate pace, considering how many people are involved. 1-2 posts per character per week, at least.

This sounds really fun but sadly I think I'll have to pass. After considering it I realized that I may be in too many RPs for now, and I wouldn't want to end up stressing myself out and having to go on a break out of nowhere. Sorry that I didn't realize this a bit sooner.
I wish you all good luck and a lot of fun with your RP! Maybe I'll get to RP with you all some other time in the future.
And hopefully, you'll find someone more suitable and interested in filling up those remaining spots :)
UUUUUUUUUUGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
No, that's fine, I totally understand! It's pretty easy to take on more than one can handle. If you ever change your mind, let us know and I'm sure we'll be able to include you! Have fun with the rest of your stories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back