• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hazel sent one more message back. "We will hurry. Please keep us updated." And sent the invisible messenger off once again.

She turned to the group, and related the message to the others.

She then added, "We must hurry. Time is of the essence."

Selket let out a breath upon hearing the news that the war had begun, and nodded in agreement at Hazel's words.

"Let's just hope the Valley stays hidden until we return, and if not, that we don't lose too many people." she said. While she didn't want to see the Valley destroyed or harmed too badly, she was worried about how Gwen, Toun and the other Lunars would take such a thing. No doubt harder than she would.

"That they are hidden tells us that the tides are not in our favor. We should expect the worst upon returning. But so long as the demon is kept safe, we can prevent such atrocity from spreading even further."

Once Hazel got the shawl situated comfortably around her neck, she returned her cloak to its brilliance. And with the shawl covering the lower half of her face, and the extra fabric around her shoulders squaring her up a bit, she was beginning to get a bit more of a mystic look. If she had a mirror, Hazel would have been pleased at the thematic asthetic.

"I expect we may wish to enter the valley in due stealth. Should the fae learn we are trying to banish the demon, then they push even harder."

Toun paled at the thought of going south. A feat not achieved lightly for one of his upbringing. He let out a quiet sigh. I knew it wasn't going to last long.

When Hazel spoke the Ice Walker made an exaggerated and sarcastic pouting face. "Perhaps, but I might want to have fun too y'know. Spoil sport." Toun teased with a chuckle. "Either way, looks like Raksi is going to have to wait. Duty calls. We might as well get moving again."

Last edited:
Hazel smiled at Toun. "All in good time, brother. Once we ensure the greatest threat is behind us, then you will have free reign to remove the vermin from our land." She offered.

"That she must. Should her fury be invoked, I shall take responsibility for pushing this path. I shall also send her a message letting her know the situation."

After saying that, Hazel would do just that. Summoning another messenger. "Mistress Raksi, we have retrieved the Shawl. Word of the valley is dire. Upon light of this information I have made the decision to head straight to the Valley and see the Demon vanquished before it is taken. I understand I am going against your wishes to return to you, I beg your pardon and take full responsibility. But with war taking hold there, we can not waste a second." With another wave of her hand, the messenger zipped off once more.

Selket grinned at Toun. "We can all have our fun once we've dealt with the Fae and demons, if not on the way back to the Valley." she said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "After all, no matter how fast we go, we'll no doubt have to stop and rest a few times, to keep our energy up if nothing else."

She grimaced a little as Hazel sent her message to Raksi, hoping that the older Lunar wouldn't take offense at what was happening. Otherwise, things might get very complicated.

"I have a way to speed us along. Or that may help."

"Toun, The hearthstone I took from the village. It will help the strain on your body during the venture. While it is too big to socket during normal activity, when combined with another to an artifact that bears your essence... you shall be able to partake in its wellspring of health, energy, and wellness. It should not be a hindrance to you when you take the giant form you use to transport us. "

"I can lend you what you will need, should you not have enough sockets to accommodate it. As it needs to be set with specific types of Hearthstones to work."

Toun took the jokes in good humor, knowing there wouldn't be an end to this that didn't involve a river of fae corpses. One way or another he'd be able to vent his frustration on their numberless masses.

He turned to Selket with a smirk. "Oh, I intend to make plenty of time for it after it's over. Shame we have to be in such a rush in the meantime though."

Hazel's later suggestion was certainly worth a try as he considered it. "Well if it doesn't fit my armor now, it definitely should when I take on the towering behemoth forms."

"Ah, yeah. Might as well make tracks." Toun replies with a nod, shifting into his lizard form and makes his way to the exit of the tomb. While he hated to leave the north, many people they knew were counting on this circle. It was time to make the Raksha remember what true fear was.

It takes some time for you to make your way back through the various traps and barriers between you and the entrance, but soon enough you find yourselves back outside in the snow with the anxious Rocky still standing there, waiting for you. He asks, "Were you successful? Did you get the Shawl?"

"We did indeed." replied Selket with a wide smile, activating her Golden Flame as she stepped back into the cold outside, giving a little nod towards Hazel as she did so.

It takes some time for you to make your way back through the various traps and barriers between you and the entrance, but soon enough you find yourselves back outside in the snow with the anxious Rocky still standing there, waiting for you. He asks, "Were you successful? Did you get the Shawl?"

"Don't worry, we got it safe and sound. We did have to swear to either return or destroy it once we're done with it."

As everyone is admiring the Shawl on Hazel's shoulders, a terrible roar splits the air! Looking over at the source, you can see a trio of massive figures stepping forward out of the snow, towering over even the largest of you with the smallest of the three standing at least twenty five feet tall! All three are armed with swords that would fit in the hands of a Warstrider, and have makeshift armor on their huge frames, and they don't seem friendly.

The three giants charge forward towards you, weapons raised up, ready to attack.

Join Battle everyone!

Gwen snatches up her powerbow and readies an arrow.
8i for my Join Battle roll.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7

Essence: 2
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42 (31)
Committed: 11

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 5
Evasion: 6 +1 From Fleet Gazelle Exercise
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Natural Soak: 3 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 8 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)

Weapon Damage
Moonlit Huntress (Moonsilver Powerbow)
Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

Selket quickly donned the Ichneumon Blades as the three giants approached the group, while also looking at Toun.

"Any idea what these things might be? And if we can reason with them?" she asked.
(Six successes on Join Battle Roll)

Toun's ears twitch at the sound of crunching snow. He lets raw reflex direct his movements, flowing upward in two springing leaps to rebound off the door of the tomb. At the apex of his jump, he draws in a flash of silver, letting the raw force of his cut part the surface of the snow into a sheet of ice angling down toward the hulking ogres. By the time he lands to skate down toward the brutish assailants, his form already began to shift into his war form while starting the process to reach his full height.

Spending 10m for an Excellency on this one. Anima is at Burning.

19 starting initiative.

Just waiting on Aranfan Aranfan for his roll

Current Initiative Order

19 - Toun
12 - Monster 1
9 - Selket
8 - Gwen

8 - Monster 2
7 - Hazel
7 - Rocky
6 - Monster 3

With a wordless cry, the three giants charge forward, weapons raised to strike. But even as fast as they are, Toun is faster, and is able to react before they are able to attack.

Rykon Rykon is up with Toun

19 - Toun <====
12 - Monster 1
9 - Selket
9 - Two Mornings
8 - Gwen

8 - Monster 2
7 - Hazel
7 - Rocky
6 - Monster 3

Toun completes his shift into his war form as per Deadly Beastman Transformation (Simple type charm).

Toun charges to get into close range with the monsters. In order for them to move past him they will need to disengage with Toun to reach the circle.

Next turn will be Mountainous Spirit Expression.

Monster #1 shouts something in a dialect that you have never heard before, as he swings his greatsword at Toun. He is going to hit with 8 successes. What is your DV?

Rykon Rykon

19 - [Toun]
12 - Monster 1
9 - Selket <====
9 - Two Mornings
8 - Gwen

8 - Monster 2
7 - Hazel
7 - Rocky
6 - Monster 3

Round 2
19 - Toun

It scores a hit against you, but luckily your thick armor and hide are enough to keep the worst of the blow off of you. You do lose 3i from the hit.

jaydude jaydude is up with Selket.

19 - [Toun]
12 - [Monster 1]
9 - Selket <====
9 - Two Mornings <====
8 - Gwen

8 - Monster 2
7 - Hazel
7 - Rocky
6 - Monster 3

Round 2
16 - Toun