• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Selket would blink in surprise at the chaos and carnage. "What in the world is going on? Why do they vanish upon being killed?" she asked the other two Lunars, though she doubted that they'd have answers.

Then she remembered the two monsters they'd left in the inn, and decided that they needed to move. "Come on. We should find Hazel and the others." she said.

The beast-thing manages to connect with Toun, and its claws do knock you back a step or two (-3i)

D. Rex D. Rex is up with Hazel on a new round. 5 motes back for everyone.

24 - Hazel <====
10 - Toun
10 - Two Mornings
-8 - Dendarian -5B

Seeing the horde of monsters, and noting that none of them appear to be airborne, Gwen says to Selket, "Do you have a flying form, or shall I pick you up? Either way, we need to move quickly."

Seeing the horde of monsters, and noting that none of them appear to be airborne, Gwen says to Selket, "Do you have a flying form, or shall I pick you up? Either way, we need to move quickly."
Selket nodded in answer to Gwen's question, before shifting into her vulture form.

Eska followed suit shooting out from the opaque shadow beneath Gwen already as a heron.
"Do we know where the others are?" She asked.

With the finals grains of fire dust falling into place, she readies her gun again. And she wasnt going to let him trying to hurt Toun either. And with this thing being so tough, it was time to take off the kiddie gloves.

With deft feet, Hazel moved forward in a blur. Right after Dendarian made his swipe to knock Toun back, Hazel stepped in the spot her circlemate had just vacated.

And with two hands, she thrust Nocturn into the stomach of Denarian like a battering ram and pulled the trigger. To make onemore, and hopefully final, crack of thunder and black fire right into its gut!

Die pool, Decisive:
Assuming level 1 Stunt +2
Excellency +5 for 10mts.

7 successes.

The attack hits! Go ahead and roll your whopping 24 dice of lethal damage on the guy.

The monster lets out a scream of agony as the flames scour its flesh from the bones, but somehow, it is still alive, even if it is just barely so.

Rykon Rykon and Aranfan Aranfan are up at initiative 10. It is in critical shape; it cannot take much more.

[24 - Hazel]
10 - Toun <====
10 - Two Mornings <====
-8 - Dendarian -9L -5B

3 - Hazel

@Rykon and @Aranfan are up at initiative 10. It is in critical shape; it cannot take much more.

Two Morning's spear strikes with all the force she can put behind it.

(Falling Scythe Flash, stunting strength so I can add a 10m excellency to the strike.)

Edit: 13 sux, assming it hits. Falling Scythe Flash means I add 3 to the decisive damage, for a total of 13 dice.

Edit2: 9 damage and I am totemic.

Toun focuses his senses on the spiritual realm, sheathing his sword to build the concentration of his essence. In a sudden dash, he surges across the dusty debris-covered floor of the hearth room, drawing his Daiklave with explosive force across the gut of Dendarian.

Activating Demon Drinking Fang for 3m, Excellency for 5m. If the target is a Spirit or Fae, the damage is aggravated and incapacitating the target permanently destroys them. It would also deal 3 additional damage dice beyond what I roll here.

Attack Successes: 11
Damage Successes: 7 (L or A based on Sherwood's ruling)

With simultaneous strikes, both Two Mornings and Toun stab deep into the monster, easily overwhelming its armor and causing a pair of mortal wounds. Slowly, it staggers back, spitting up blood. As it is choking up the blood, it begins to shrink back to its former human form before giving you a weak smile, then it drops to the ground.

When the body hits the floor, there is a release of energy that washes over you, causing no harm as it goes by, but the 'feel' of the shadowland around you changes, reverting back to being a normal piece of Creation instead.

Outside as Gwen, Eska and Selket fly overhead towards the center of the manse, you, too, feel the wave of energy pass by you. As it does so, the monsters that are doing battle with one another suddenly stop and change back to the townspeople that they were before! Physically at least, the people appear to be unharmed, but they all look shocked as they stand there looking at one another, wondering what the Malfias just happened.

What do you do now?

Still in her hybrid form, Gwen points down at the people as they transform back to being normal humans compared to the monsters that they were. "Look! They are turning back! The others must have done something in the hearthroom to break this curse on the town! Lets get down there!" She follows words with actions and dives down towards the ground.

Toun removes the blood from his blade with a quick flick of his wrist before setting the Daiklave back in its sheath. He stepped forward and knelt down to see if the human now on the ground was alive or dead.

Coming to the same conclusion as Gwen, Selket would follow her down.

Hazel takes a step back, reloading Nocturn while she had the chance. While she did, she took a quick look around the room. And once more cast her feeling around the manse. Looking and feeling and probing for any more problems it might have... and to see if she could get a better feel of the purpose of the manse.

She would then quickly turn her attention back to the man.

( Sherwood Sherwood is there any way to tell if the spirit is still possessing the body?)

Inside the hearthroom....

Toun kneels down to look closely at the body, and as you watch, the figure begins to shrivel up and dry out, as if it were aging decades every second. Soon, it is nothing more than a mummified corpse lying on the floor.

Hazel's examination of the hearthroom shows that while the geomancy of the manse is still damaged, the removal of the soulsteel filaments from around the hearthstone has stopped the corruption of the area into the shadowland, and the worst of the effects are now gone. There is still much work that needs to be done to fully restore the manse to its proper function, but the effects of the curse is done.

Unless Hazel has some means of seeing spirits, you are unable to tell if there is any spirit or ghost still in the body, but even the most uneducated eye can tell that the body is quite dead, with no life in it.

Outside the building....

Eska, Gwen and Selket settle down on the ground to nearby a rather frumpy looking housewife and a teenage boy that just a minute ago were a pair of killer monsters that were trying to kill one another, but now, the woman is sitting on the steps of the main hall sobbing into her hands saying "Its over, its over," while the teenage boy is staring blankly out into space, seemingly in shock.

Giving the woman and boy a smile, glad to see their torment over, Selket would walk up the steps and into the hall in order to look for her fellow Lunars.

Gwen is torn between going to the side of the woman and comforting her and rushing into the building to see to the others of the Circle. She turns to Selket and says, "You go on ahead, I want to see what these people can tell me about what has been going on here, now that everything seems to be gone back to 'normal' for the place. I'll be fine," she assures her friend.

Kneeling down next to the woman, she slips her arm around her shoulder and gives her a squeeze. Spending a few motes of Essence, Gwen does her best to radiate confidence and serenity to the woman as she talks to her. "Hi. I'm Gwen. Its ok, its over now. Tell me about what has been going on here."

Spending 2m on Argent Songbird Voice

Nodding, the redhead flicks the blood off her spear with a sharp motion. Surrounded by a nimbus of silver light, with the image of a tiger roaring behind her, she turns to Hazel.

"You're the expert, what next?"

Last edited:
Toun moves to leave the manse the way they came while shifting into his human form. "First things first is making sure our friends are still ok.." After his brief declaration, he made no delay in heading back to the entrance of the manse to look for Gwen, Selket, Eska, and Idris.

Hazel nodded. "I'll be fine here. I'm going to make sure I can get everything in order here that I can."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back