• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
One Tusk smiles in satisfaction. "Good. You have learned well. Let us return to the celebration. If anything is to go wrong, I wish us to be out and alert, not hiding in here. Besides, our absence will be noticed and will cause worry. Enjoy yourselves tonight. Luna only knows when the next time you will have a day to relax again."

Heading back out, you can see that the celebration is going strong, and the time of the wedding is approaching rapidly.

Listening to the grim warnings of war, Selket would take out the Ichneumon Blades. "Just say the word, and I'll stab whoever needs stabbing." she said, before following the others back out to the celebration, putting her weapons away as she did so.

One Tusk smiles in satisfaction. "Good. You have learned well. Let us return to the celebration. If anything is to go wrong, I wish us to be out and alert, not hiding in here. Besides, our absence will be noticed and will cause worry. Enjoy yourselves tonight. Luna only knows when the next time you will have a day to relax again."

Heading back out, you can see that the celebration is going strong, and the time of the wedding is approaching rapidly.

Nodding, Two Mornings strides out of One Tusk's house to rejoin the valley township. She doesn't dance, she has a boyfriend, but she does mingle and make pleasant inquiry about how various people are doing.

Idris joins the festivities in full. He dances, and sings, and raises his voice in thanks to the gods.

If, and when, the war starts, he'd be singing ancient songs of war, to rouse his allies, and demoralizing his enemies. Let those who lost before try to rise once more, only to be smacked down even harder this time around.

Toun seemed fairly cheerful at this news, yet tried to subdue his excitement for what was to come. "I'm rather glad we'll have a chance to fight, given that it will lead us away from here it's not as bad of news for the people of the valley. We are Exalted, children of the apex predator. Whether our enemies are demons, dragons, or fae none will escape our wrath unscathed."

Trying to sound more encouraging for those less confident in their battle prowess, he then added. "Besides, if it starts here, Master will be beside us. With him, myself, Idris, Two Mornings, and Selket, surely we can hold the lines here. Regardless, I'll go fetch my blade in case this day is interrupted."

Last edited:
"Well, I will help too." Hazel added as she shoved the rifle into a hiding place inside her hat this time. And yes, she was among those who were indeed less confident. Less confident, but she still had confidence and its name was Nocturn. Not to mention her magic! "I may not have seen my face. But that is only because any diviner in their right mind would never divine themselves. Very bad luck. But my Circle is there. So I too will be." Even if it was only the back lines.

At the party Hazel also danced and sang. And in between she did tricks for those interested to . Like putting things in one pocket, and pulling it out her hat. Or turning a loaf of bread into more loaves of bread. Trying to show off and bring about more joviality to the already joyous occasion. And she was excited too, and was having fun.

The afternoon passes with all having a grand time. Good food, dancing, and laughter are the spice of life for this celebration, and things are going great. Soon enough, it is time for the ceremony itself, and the happy couple clearly can't wait. Even the grumpy old man One Tusk is smiling as he watches the ceremony go on, with the other Exalts standing nearby to help offer up the blessing of Luna's Champions. Finally, the master of ceremonies declares them happily wed, and they exchange their first kiss as husband and wife to the cheers and whistles of the audience.

Now that the ceremony is complete, the wedding feast begins in earnest. In the flickering torchlight, the night is quite peaceful and relaxed, and as the moon rises and the evening passes on, people start to turn in.

But right now, I need a Perception + Awareness roll from everyone, please!

Selket would grin as she watched the wedding, and noted how different it was from the marriage ceremonies of her tribe. Once the ceremony was concluded and the feast began, she would divide her time between eating, and chatting with her circlemates.

Two Mornings will be bragging to anyone who can hear about how she took down the Gaur that provided almost half of the feast's meat.

Gwen is happily buzzed at this point, making sure to not get too drunk, just in case things go bad this evening. But that doesn't mean she won't be enjoying herself with the dancing!

Two Successes

A fantastic day soured by ill premonitions. Thankfully, it was easy enough to lose oneself in the celebration and put it out of front and center. Today, after all, was a day to be happy.

And at the table, Hazel feasted on more bread than perhaps she should have. But she didnt want it all to go to waste. She did make it after all.

Idris caught a few fire elementals trying to pulll a prnk, but a single withering look made them behave themselves, and make themselves scarce. Nothing marred the ceremony, and he was pleased.

A single success.

Toun returns to his spirit form after the ceremony, the better for patrolling covertly while occasionally grabbing snacks here and there. He attuned his eyes and ears to the realm of spirits, making sure none of these foretold demons came to encroach upon this day of celebration.

[Activating Percieving the Hidden World for 4m. Hearing based Awareness gains double 9s in Fox form. One die is a hearing specialty in the event it is applicable.]

[Wow, first roll of the game and a botch already...]

With the alcohol flowing, most of you are feeling the effects of the wine and beer quite well. Good thing that you don't have to walk too far to get home. But some of you are more in the cups than others, especially Toun. He is currently quite intoxicated, and is quite focused on the lovely young lady that he's trying to woo at the moment, so he doesn't notice much of anything besides her impressive bustline.

Those that got the two successes start to hear a faint, high pitched whistle off in the distance, almost too high pitched to hear. Looking about, you can see a flash of light in the night sky to the south, followed by another.

As the light draws closer, the whistling grows louder, to the point that those that got one success on the Perception roll now hear it, and can see the light show in the sky. Whatever it is, it is approaching rapidly.

What do you do?

Standing up from the table and looking at the flashes of light, Selket would shift into her vulture form and take off flying towards them, hoping to get a better look from the air.

[Committing 4 motes for transformation.]

Idris looked at the coming lights. I this the beginning of the war that has been foretold? His eyes quickly adapted to be able to see the hidden worlds. If this is it, there might be some dematerialized demons, and he needed to see them, to tear them apart.

Spending 4m on Perceiving the Hidden World

Hazel could feel her ears twitch at the high frequency. Giving her eardrums a little tickle.

As she looked up, she wiped off some crumbs around her fur and squinted her eyes.

Flashing lights. From... the South? Was this what was seen to come? What else could it be. But what was it... magic?

"Master One-Tusk." She called, to get his attention.

Toun's appetite gradually increased over the course of celebration. What had once intended to be a patrol around the festivities eventually became a tour of sampling fine drinks, food, and eventually socializing with the ladies of the valley. He can't remember exactly when he returned to human form, but he found it curious why everyone was looking around so suddenly. Not like he could hear over the sound of raucous laughter, crude jokes, and the drumline of the music.

Gwen's hand starts to drift down to the pocket that she keeps her bow in, wondering what the lights and sound off in the distance might be. She then looks for One Tusk, hearing Hazel calling out for their Master, hoping that he would have some answers for them.

jaydude jaydude , since you are flying towards the lights, go ahead and give me another Perception + Awareness roll, this time with +2 dice to your roll.

As Hazel calls out to One Tusk, the old man had started to make his way back to his home to call it quits for the night. But now, he turns back and returns to the Circle of Exalts, looking off into the distance to try and determine just what it is that could possibly be making the light and sound. You can tell that he is spending a few motes of his Essence to enhance his sight, his eyes making subtle changes to better be able to see.

With a startled grunt, he suddenly says, "That is a First Age airship, and it is in trouble! I can see flames coming out of it. Looks like it is about to crash." He suddenly lets out a loud bellow, "My children of the Valley! To arms! We have intruders approaching from the sky!"

Idris makes hs way towards the ship. A First Age flying ship?! what's it doing here? and who's on board? and what caused it to catch fire?

Idris makes hs way towards the ship. A First Age flying ship?! what's it doing here? and who's on board? and what caused it to catch fire?
From where you are, and your successes on your Perception roll, you don't have enough information to answer those questions. How are you closing in on the ship?
Is it about to crash on us? Or is it falling slowly enough that we can approach?
It is still in the air, and not quite ready to crash yet, but it does appear to be in trouble. There are still the flashes of light that you all can see from the ship that you are not sure what they are.

With a swirl of her cloak, she pulled out Nocturn and shifts into a Raiton, flying towards the airship as fast she can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back