• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It is a pleasant springlike morning in the Valley thanks to the weather control towers, and the mood is quite jovial. There is a wedding planned for later in the afternoon, and the whole Valley is in celebration mode. Even grumpy old One Tusk has relented in his normal training schedule and has given his students a rest day, letting you enjoy the refreshing day, party games, and the many treats that are being prepared by the mortal residents.

The actual wedding is not planned for later in the day at sunset, giving all of you some free time, but you are expected to be available to attend the ceremony as honored guests, so whatever it is that you plan on doing, make sure you are ready in time for the wedding! So what are the various Chosen of Luna doing for their time off?

Aranfan Aranfan Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Two Mornings, strangely enough, can be found going through the katas of Swaying Grass Dance Style. Compared to her mastery of Ebon Shadow or Tiger Style, the movements are rough, but they would still put many a mortal practitioner to shame.

Gwen would rise early and bathe, having gotten used to it from all these months of living here in the Valley with One Tusk rousting her out of bed in order to study whatever lesson he had planned for her that day. It seemed to be all a dream, her life before the Valley. Who would have thought that a girl raised in luxury and privilege would now be well on her way to mastering the art of using a blade? That was the hardest part of her training for her. The shapeshifting seemed to her to be more natural, along with using her Essence, coming easier to her than the intricate patterns of using a sword and not slicing off her own foot! How times have changed.

Now, though, it was time to enjoy some freedom from the endless patterns of learning the blade. Gwen leaves the small hut that she calls home and makes her way through the village, offering up pleasant smiles and friendly greetings to those that she meets, following her nose towards the baker's stall, looking to get her hands on some of those fresh, hot fruit pies that she loves so much.

Hazel walked happily amidst the crowd of those readying the days event. Her dark blue cloak covered most of her body, and patterned with mystical shapes and swirls. Her collar was down and her matching witches hat was held in her hands, so as not to offend.

She was seeking the newlyweds to be, hoping to give them a gift. When she could find them, she would give a polite bow and part her cloak as she spoke, "Arrafele, Pygar. I am not a woman of many things, but I would like to share with you gifts given to me by Luna."

"If you have the time," Hazel smiled, "I would be honored to have a cup of tea with you, and divine your fortune."

Sherwood Sherwood

Two Mornings, strangely enough, can be found going through the katas of Swaying Grass Dance Style. Compared to her mastery of Ebon Shadow or Tiger Style, the movements are rough, but they would still put many a mortal practitioner to shame.
As Two Mornings is going through the intricate swaying forms of the katas, you can see One Tusk come walking up and stop a short distance away, watching you. He says nothing as you continue your kata, waiting until you finally end your routine. With his deep, gravely voice, the old Exalt says, "Your technique is greatly improved from even not that long ago. You are no longer dropping your elbow after your swing like you were, leaving you open for a counterstrike. Good. I have a feeling that soon you will be teaching me a thing or two instead of the other way around. I have not had many pupils that have been as driven as you are to learn."

He gives you one of his rare grins. "I must say, though, when most of my students are given a rest day from training and chores, they take it, and do not continue on with their studies. Am I not pushing you hard enough that you feel you must continue to practice on your own time?"
Now, though, it was time to enjoy some freedom from the endless patterns of learning the blade. Gwen leaves the small hut that she calls home and makes her way through the village, offering up pleasant smiles and friendly greetings to those that she meets, following her nose towards the baker's stall, looking to get her hands on some of those fresh, hot fruit pies that she loves so much.
At the baker's hut, you find that the Valley baker, Arnold, has been joined by a small battalion of ladies aiding in the work of making enough treats for everyone to have something sweet before and after the celebration. As Gwen approaches, the portly man pauses in his work to give you a wide smile. "Ah! Lady Gwendolyn! Still up early this morning, I see! Is the promise of one of my bubbly pies for your breakfast is just too much to pass up? You honor me, my Lady!" He turns to point out a tray that is fresh from the oven, filled with steaming fresh fruit pies. He offers up one to you, "Careful, M'lady. They are fresh and hot, straight from the oven. Don't burn your mouth!"

With his gift of the pie made, Arnold turns back to his work of making even more yummy food for the party.
Hazel walked happily amidst the crowd of those readying the days event. Her dark blue cloak covered most of her body, and patterned with mystical shapes and swirls. Her collar was down and her matching witches hat was held in her hands, so as not to offend.

She was seeking the newlyweds to be, hoping to give them a gift. When she could find them, she would give a polite bow and part her cloak as she spoke, "Arrafele, Pygar. I am not a woman of many things, but I would like to share with you gifts given to me by Luna."

"If you have the time," Hazel smiled, "I would be honored to have a cup of tea with you, and divine your fortune."

Sherwood Sherwood
Hazel finds Pygar and Arrafele sitting at a table, surrounded by the happy sounds of laughter and pleasant conversation as they enjoy their time in the spotlight. The two of them are beaming in joy, obviously quite happy at the upcoming nuptials later that night. As Hazel approaches, the various partiers move aside to allow you to pass. With the offer of a cup of tea and the reading of their fortune, the engaged couple share a smile, and Pygar says, "Lady Hazel, we would be very pleased to have you join us. Please, pull up a chair! It would be an honor to pour you a cup myself, my Lady. Thank you!"

Idris was busy talking to the local spirits, to make sure everything proceeded as planned. One Tusk would tolerate no misbehaving from the local spirits, and Idris was his go to man to see to it.

Toun awoke from his den with a wide yawn, having taken a long nap to recover after his nocturnal prowling. Now in the regal winter coat of his rather small spirit form, he padded around the bustling comings and goings of the impending wedding. It was rather pleasant to see such happiness for the people under his master's care.

Speaking of pleasant, the wafting aromas of pastries, meats, and other delectable treats blessed his nose with their enticing fragrance. Clearly of a mind to fill his stomach in the interim of preparations, Toun casually strolled his four-legged form towards the kitchen. He was hoping the appeal of a small fox was enough to tempt the cooks to feed him. He moved to brush his dense fur against the Cook's and Gwen's legs to get their attention. He looked to the pan and then to them, head tilted to the side as if to ask, 'May I?'

As Two Mornings is going through the intricate swaying forms of the katas, you can see One Tusk come walking up and stop a short distance away, watching you. He says nothing as you continue your kata, waiting until you finally end your routine. With his deep, gravely voice, the old Exalt says, "Your technique is greatly improved from even not that long ago. You are no longer dropping your elbow after your swing like you were, leaving you open for a counterstrike. Good. I have a feeling that soon you will be teaching me a thing or two instead of the other way around. I have not had many pupils that have been as driven as you are to learn."

He gives you one of his rare grins. "I must say, though, when most of my students are given a rest day from training and chores, they take it, and do not continue on with their studies. Am I not pushing you hard enough that you feel you must continue to practice on your own time?"

Two Mornings doesn't answer until she finishes the kata, but when she has she turns to him and cracks her neck with a smile. "This stuff is all about repetition, if I don't do it every day I'll lose it." She starts doing cool down stretches. "That said, I'm not spending all day on this. Even before the wedding, I need to make sure the Gaur I caught for the banquet will be ready in time."

Speaking of pleasant, the wafting aromas of pastries, meats, and other delectable treats blessed his nose with their enticing fragrance. Clearly of a mind to fill his stomach in the interim of preparations, Toun casually strolled his four-legged form towards the kitchen. He was hoping the appeal of a small fox was enough to tempt the cooks to feed him. He moved to brush his dense fur against the Cook's and Gwen's legs to get their attention. He looked to the pan and then to them, head tilted to the side as if to ask, 'May I?'
Feeling the brush of the furry body on her leg, Gwen looks down to see the familiar figure of Toun in his fox form. With a smile, the woman looks at one of the meat-filled pies on the table, and asks, "Arnold, there is another mouth to feed down here. Do you mind if I take one of these for my friend?"

Hazel beamed at them, she pulled a nearby chair and sat across from them and sat her hat down on the table. "As it is your wedding day, allow me to pour yours, at least."

With an excited smile, she let go of an essence that held the spell in place (Many-pockets Meditation), and the item she had prepared only a handful of minutes in advance returned from Elsewhere.

Hazel lifted her hat to reveal a small ceramic pot of water, as if it had appeared from thin air. While no longer boiling, it was still steaming.

She reached into her hat and pulled out a small four compartment box, and set it in the table. But she was not done, as she somehow still pulled from her hat two teacups. (Hidden wonders cloak) and sat one down in front of the couple and another before herself.

She then took the pot and filled their cup with hot water.

Setting the pot back down she moved to the box, and opened the compartments one at a time, pulling out a dried leaves from each and placing them in front of the two.

"Lemon balm. An herb of winter. May it represent your old lives as individuals, an gerb of the moon for your good fortune."

"Chamomile. An herb of the spring. May it represent your new lives as two people bound as one, and to help you always find comfort with each other."

"Lavender. An herb of the summer, may it bless your devotion with the purity and grace."

"The humble dandelion, for autumn. May it bless your present joy so that it never ebbs, regardless of the trials you now face together."

"Place these in your cup. Now, as the tea seeps, breath in the steam. And think on yourselves and your marriage. Look into the cup, and as the water reflects the both of you, so to you must reflect on yourselves and your marriage. Then as the water grows dark, share your cup together. Drink it all down while clearing your mind of everything except your reflections."

Sherwood Sherwood

Successes: 8

Last edited:
As Hazel reads the tea leaves, she can see that the future of the happy couple is going to be filled both with turmoil and with joy, the first being the troubling shadow of war, but the second is tempered by the delivery of a pair of children with faces that shine like twin moons. Aside from that, their future is in flux, and is difficult to look far into, even with your skills.

Feeling the brush of the furry body on her leg, Gwen looks down to see the familiar figure of Toun in his fox form. With a smile, the woman looks at one of the meat-filled pies on the table, and asks, "Arnold, there is another mouth to feed down here. Do you mind if I take one of these for my friend?"
Arnold lets out a chuckle, looking over the edge of the table at Toun. "Of course. How can I say no to Master Fox? Please, take the pie with my blessings. Enjoy, you two!"

Two Mornings doesn't answer until she finishes the kata, but when she has she turns to him and cracks her neck with a smile. "This stuff is all about repetition, if I don't do it every day I'll lose it." She starts doing cool down stretches. "That said, I'm not spending all day on this. Even before the wedding, I need to make sure the Gaur I caught for the banquet will be ready in time."
One Tusk nods in understanding. "Well, you have done me proud with your dedication. But now, let us get to the picnic tables before we miss out on the food and drink. Come." He holds out a hand to you, motioning for you to join him as he heads for the village green.

One Tusk nods in understanding. "Well, you have done me proud with your dedication. But now, let us get to the picnic tables before we miss out on the food and drink. Come." He holds out a hand to you, motioning for you to join him as he heads for the village green.

Two Mornings nods, exhaling as her training gi reshapes itself into appropriate formal wear for a wedding. Silently, she follows her mentor to the picnic tables.

As the cup was drained, Hazel pulled it to and looked inside to read the leaves. Her smiled faded a little, turning into an expression of concentration.

What she saw was troubling... but first. She must deliver the news. "Stay strong, as ahead of you there will be hardship beyond your control. However, you will persevere, as from the both of you... I see twins. Children that Luna has smiled upon. They will be a blessing to you and our village. I can not wait to meet them."

After saying that, Hazel stood up. "I wish I could stay and congratulate you further, but there is something I must attend to. And of course I must ready myself for tonight."

As she turned to walk away, she paused, "Oh, um... please help yourselves to more tea. I'll be back for it, that's kind of my only tea pot." She said with a smile and an awkward chuckle.

With that said, she made a swosh of her cloak and shifted into a raiton, flying off.

No time to gather her things. What she saw in the leaves disturbed her. War. Even should its touch be the faintest, that it coul even be felt all the way out here among the people set Hazel at great unease. She flew as fast as she could to go find One-Tusk and let him know what she saw.

Sherwood Sherwood

She would perhaps see him on his way to from his grounds. And when she did spot him, she would fly down, and shift back into her true form. "Master One-Tusk! I have seen war!" She blurted out. If asked, she would tell him of what she saw in the tea leaves.

Hazel is able to spot One Tusk walking along with Two Mornings as they are heading towards the village green where the bulk of the celebrations are starting to take place. The old man looks up in surprise as Hazel suddenly swoops down and shifts forms in front of him. "What's this, now? What is all this babble about you have see 'war'? What war? Where?" He looks around, but at the moment, the sky is still clear of all but a few light puffy clouds. "Tell me what you saw."

Hazel was suddenly a lot more nervous. Her blurting out like that probably made him think the wrong thing.

"Well... I was divining for Arrefele and Pygar. I saw their fortune. They will beautiful twins, blessed by Luna. But I saw something else, a shadow that would plague them. And the plague was that of war. It is a turmoil that they would experience."

"I do not know when, and I do not know how. But should such a thing touch the folk even here, then the peace of your valley may find itself challenged, or worse." She exclaimed. Part of her afraid he would not take her divination seriously.

Sherwood Sherwood

One Tusk looks long and hard at Hazel, his face unreadable. With a glance at Two Mornings, he says, "Alright, at the moment, we will keep this quiet. I do not want a panic on our hands. But I do want you to try to delve into your tea leaves again, looking into the potential future of others here in the Valley, especially the other Exalted. If there is war coming, I cannot believe that the Chosen of Luna would not have a hand in it. Quietly let your brother and sister Exalts know what you have seen."

He lets out a sigh. "I will send out a message to Chief Hassan of the Vashni. If there is trouble coming our way, they should know about it, too, since they stand between us and the outside world. The two of you, go on to the party and enjoy yourselves. I will be along shortly."

Hazel nodded dutifully. "Yes sir. I'll get in that right away. But I believe I will need a lot of tea."

She then turned a little sheepish as she remembered that she had left her tea set at the party with the couple. She would need to go back foe it.

She looked over at her circle sister. "Two-mornings! Can you please find the others? I need to get things ready. I plan to set up at the party, I bet there will be many excited people to get their fortunes read."

"I will see you all there!" She said, and with an overly dramatic swoosh of her cloak she shifted once more into the raiton, and flew off... to go get her tea pot. And a lot of tea.

Cinnamon! Yes, clearly. To show of fires and battle. And mint! An herb of winter to perhaps help see what darkness is coming... yes. That should help too.

Sherwood Sherwood Aranfan Aranfan

Toun sweeps his large white-tail side to side and lets out a short, satisfied bark of appreciation. He carefully grabs his treat at a corner with his teeth, taking the advice about the heat to heart. His eyes scanned over the faces of the growing bustle as he paced to a spot out of their way. He looked over to Gwen and shrugged.

I'd just be in their way if I stuck around. Let's see... where are the others... Toun briefly shut his eyes to focus on the voices drifting along the gentle breeze of the temperate zone. In the confines of his mind he'd separate the strands of conversation, unweaving the knot of words and feelings settling in the air and setting them to order. When he'd finally grasped the right strand to lead him, his eyes would open and he'd step forth with a spring.

Watching Toun take his treat and wander off, Gwen settles down to enjoy her own pie in a shady patch of grass. Carefully blowing on the bite, she sinks her teeth into it with a happy sound coming out of her mouth.

A few minutes later, once Gwen is done with her meal, she thinks I wonder where Hazel is? I haven't seen her yet this morning. Perhaps I should go find her? She stands and brushes off the last few crumbs off of her dress, then makes her way through the crowd, looking for her friend.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Aranfan Aranfan jaydude jaydude

About to right a book here! So please insert your characters however you please.

Hazel will likely be too busy to interact with once she begins, but she would explain to them her vision and what she is trying to do now.

I may be busy this weekend, so might nor post as frequently as I would like. So the Storyteller is encouraged to place these scenes as he sees fit in time of his choosing as yall go about having your fun :) as he said, this will take her hours to do, so consider her doing this stuff in the meantime.

Hopefully this was a pleasant read! Though I was starting to fall asleep at the end.

The first thing she realized, was that she needed a bigger pot... but she still retrieved hers regardless. She liked it. Still, Hazel had much work to do. She had to do this so that nobody thought she had seen ill omens. And this was a day to celebrate, so she didn't want to take it away from them either. Thankfully, she had an idea.

With a flourish of her cloak, she spoke to the party goers and the happy couple. "My friends! Today I gazed into their fate, and I saw graces of Luna in store for them. So inspired I was by the news, that I wanted to go even further. An even greater gift and a thanks to give to the Silver Lady!"

"A ceremony! A ritual! Not of one of us, but of all. Sorcery and mysticism are her ways, and ways I hold close to my heart. And I wish to share this with you. A ritual of good luck and protection, and to bring a smile to the face of our goddess to thank her for all that she has given us."

"But to begin! There are things I will need..."

_______

It started with a pile of wood, stacked and ready to light. Around it she placed a ring of stones, some warped some pretty and some in between. Speaking a word of sorcery, a fire came to blaze and cauldron was set in place atop it and filled with water.

In a large circle around the fire, she traced a ring of tables, covered in clean white linen. The ground inside the circle she turned black with ground charcoal until it was mostly covered. And grabbing a bag of flour, she deposited small piles of the white powder, none more than a couple feet apart from the next.

Logs came next! Ones meant for firewood but not yet been chopped. Sawed to stand stable, and no more than three feet heigh. They were position around the fire in the number of the members of the Lunar circle.

Cups, she gathered enough for every available member of the village, and one for each of the circle save for herself, and meticulously placed them so they were spaced apart evenly.

Next came the tea! She gathered what herbs she could, and meticulously managed the portions for each cup, placing them in neat little piles on front of every cup.

Cinnamon! To seek the fires she was looking for. Mint! To pierce the darkness of uncertainty. Black Tea! To ground the vision in reality. And Orange peels! To see the health and life.

She didnt know if the combination would taste good... but she bet it would smell fantastic. Oh well! Taste was one of the few things that didnt matter in tea leaf reading.

It was time for the gathering.

_____

"Friends! It is time. Gather around and listen, and bless this ritual with your silence. Here is what you must do...."

"When I fill you cup, gently place in your herbs. Stare into the water and let your minds relax. Let your thoughts drift to your families and your homes. This village and this valley. When the water turns black, you may drink. And when you do, let loose your worries and your strife. Clear your mind, and enjoy, knowing that we share this drink. Just as we share our fate...."

With that, she too would go silence. And this... is where the ritual would truly begin.

From her cloak she pulled a long wood ladle with a deep cup. She would scoop out water from the boiling cauldron. Then hop across the black from star to star, twirling as she did like she was trying to dance across the sky. And one by one she would fill every cup. Filling the Lunars cups last.

She took her place at her log, but with no cup. Instead.... she took a deep breath and began to channel her essence. As this is where her true work began. Her senses sharpened, beyond mortal capabilities. Eyes to see as clear as an eagle to not miss any detail, and nose like a canine to smell every trace of herbs from the steam of the tea. As she did, her anima began to grow and grow, reaching it's full and brilliant display.

Like them, she cleared her mind. And Her mind opened up to the magic.

But unlike them... it would strike her hard. She gasped as she entered a trance. She knew there was something. She had already seen it... it was as the nightmare foretold.

(Activating mentioned charms, plus Sense- Sharpening x2)

The claws and tentacles of the chimera strangled her and ripped away her being, ripping from her the very tattoos that kept her safe. She tried to scream, but all that came out was a bubbling gurgle as her body began to twist and melt. Pain coursing through her body as she became nothing but a mass of protean ooze.

A common nightmare... but what happened next was new.

Her liquid form was tugged downward... being absorbed into the soil until not a drop was left. All the pain replaced with nothingness.

And in that nothingness she waited. For days or years, she could not tell. She could no longer feel time. She could not even tell up from down.

*clack*

*clack clack*

*clack clack clack chikchikchikchikchik"
The sound persisted incessantly. With no pattern and no rhythm. It was infernal. But when silence did fall... she could move.

And move she did. Pushing against a strange fabric. Frenzied and hopeful she pushed harder. Finally she slipped a hand through the coarse membrane. Pulling herself out with all her strength onto...

Onto...

Paper. Pulling herself out like ink from paper. Nit just ant paper, but a giant carpet of it. A stack of then. A stack of six. Confused, she took a step backwards and nearly tripped as she inadvertently stepped downwards onto a map of all of Creation.

Wait. It wasnt a map. It WAS creation. She was gigantic. As big as the gods! And she could see every mark of the earth and every cloud. Yet... it was odd. It was still and grey.

Her eyes move upwards a little, and she caught sight of the gods. She felt fear at first. But they two were still and grey. Like statues.

A movement caught her eye, and her gaze moved ever upward. To seven figures overlooking creation. Towering above the gods and reality itself. Beyond the moon and beyond even the stars.

One among them stood. Rising higher above the others. She recognized it right away... her delusions weren't delusions. They were real! And the leader of the Gods of Gods raised its arm, producing quill from a lone nebula and allowed it to drink in the colors of the cosmos.

It then gripped the quill and brought it down, piercing it into creation where Hazel has stood. Barely avoiding its strike, she looked to where it had landed, and its tip penetrated a spot on the map she new very well... The valley she now called home.

From its point of impact, veins black began to spread outward. Stretching across creation. And from the veins color would spread across the land and things began to move. Even the gods! But they paid no mind to the figures.

A flash of light came from the quill. A bolt of lightning that lit up the veins of ink with endless arcs of electricity.

A familiar feeling as the mouth on her tail opened. And it spoke. "Do you like stories?" It asked. And she could feel its lips curling into a smile.

*clack* *clackclik*

The sounds. They began again. But more. Everywhere. Penetrating the being of creation like an omnipresent thunder. Flashes of light began to appear in the sky. Strange runes flashing into existence like stars in strange lines. Words in a language she had never seen. More and more forming without stop.

Then silence all at once as the Storyteller made a gesture. One of the Gods of Gods raised its arm, and twelve shapes flashed into existence, each large another to crush a god. They fell like meteors, six fell through creation likes ghosts, and the rest slammed into the world, sending quakes that knocked her to her knees. And somehow there was eight.

"It begins!" The tail laughed.

The other Gods of Gods raised their arms. And more of the shapes flashed into existence. Hundreds... thousands. And they would rain down without mercy.

"It begins! It begins!" The tail repeated, and laugh even more as the decahedrons blotted out even the sun and cast everything in their shadow.

It was no coincidence. She could feel it. So vividly she remembered, a striking of the valley like a spear and blackness spreading.

She needed to make sure she put her all into this reading. And that she would do. Even her anima.

She pulled at it, shaping it with her hands, and drawing on it to fuel her sorcery here. (Anima effect) Even if it would leave her weakened, no amount of essence could be too much.

When everyone was done, and their tea leaves left alone. She would shoo them all away to enjoy the party. While she got busy, scrutinizing everything with empowered eyes and sorcerous energy flowing through her.

She would save reading the tea leaves of the Lunars for last.

She looked over at her circle sister. "Two-mornings! Can you please find the others? I need to get things ready. I plan to set up at the party, I bet there will be many excited people to get their fortunes read."

"No problem!" Two Mornings immediately goes off to find the rest of her circlemates, asking around if anyone has seen them.

Idris was busy chatting with Grendal, the god of the valley. It was always fascinating to see how similar Grendal and One Tusk were.
Was it just a coincidence, or did claiming a territory for so long, after it's local god, that it might grow similar to the Lunar claiming said territory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back