• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Do we get any bonuses to our Join Battle rolls since we are all prepared for a fight?

With the extra success, I have a total of 10i.

Last edited:
Toun uses the enhanced hearing of his spirit totem to detect the sudden disturbance of Raksi's outburst. With a stretch of his leg, he'd attempt to react to her appearance by merely stepping on her with a hulking armored paw, to initiate a grapple as soon as he could. "I don't recall you being invited master Raksi. Sit down, and be silent."

[Spending 8 peripheral motes on the Wits Excellency, both to boost anima and to make sure the ritual goes through as intended. with the bonus success Sherwood Sherwood mentioned that's starting initiative of 15. Pardon the typo.]

It almost felt like her heart had stopped beating once the ritual truly began. But Erembour did not flee! The circle proving stronger than expected. However. Hazel could not afford shock to slow her down. Now was the time to push her will.

Essence courses through her body and the dark aura of her anima began to coalesce. Hazel honed her will, her gaze meeting with Erembour's.

"You resist, but your subjugation is the will of Luna. It is my will. Too long have you been a threat to Creation. Too long you have labored under the darkness of the Ebon Dragon. Too long have you strived for faux night. Submit, and witness for yourself the true power of darkness. Witness true night."

In both her words and gaze she channeled the power of her exaltation. Spinning it power and forcing it upon the demon.

But... then she heard Raksi's voice. What? Why was she here? What was she preaching? Doom? If it was doom she was worried about. The great sorceress would not have been silent to her messages. It mattered not, as she was too late. The ritual had begun and Hazel had no intention to stop.

_____

Int+Occ+Spec = 11
Excellency(Int+Cha) = 9
Shawl + Luna = 3
Penumbra Witch Mastery
Cost: 3m; Mins: Intelligence 2, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
A student of Creation’s mysteries and those that lie beyond the world, the Lunar’s insight illumines uncanny darkness. She adds (higher of Essence or 3) dice and rerolls 1s until they cease to appear on a sorcery- or thaumaturgy-related roll; a roll to understand or introduce a fact about a supernatural being, artifact, manse, or similar phenomenon; or a read intentions, profile character, or case scene roll opposing a spirit or fae.
Charm = 3 (+reroll ones)
Stunt = 2
Total= 28
Spending= 12m, 1wp

Successes
Free from Sherwood = 1
Channel WP = 1

Total successes = 22

Last edited:
Though at first captivated by the sight of Erembour, Selket's attention would soon be drawn to Raksi.

What's she doing here? How did she know what we were planning? And what does she mean by "doom us all"?

Whatever the case, Selket wasn't going to let Raksi disrupt the ritual. And she certainly wasn't going to let her harm Hazel.

Spending 8m Peripheral Essence on Wits Excellency, and assuming two die stunt bonus. 10 Successes, not including the bonus one.

Last edited:
Raksi seems to be quite focused on Hazel, giving Toun a fraction of a second to act and try to establish your grapple on her before she can disrupt the binding ritual. Go ahead and make your attack roll on her.

Current Order
15 - Toun <====
14 - Raksi
13 - One Tusk
10 - Gwen
10 - Selket

Aranfan Aranfan A quick bump for you

D. Rex D. Rex
With the aid of the Shawl, Hazel can feel the bindings taking hold in Erembour. But she is not going to surrender without a fight. As you sink your mental claws into her, the demon struggles, pulling them loose from her almost as fast as you put them in. Her will is very powerful, and if you did not have the Shawl, there would be no way you could bind her - her strength is just too much. The fight is not over, and you are making headway in your battle against her, and you also know that if you were to interrupt your binding effort with a physical fight, it would shatter your concentration and you might lose control of her completely.

Go ahead and make your next set of rolls.

Hazel could feel the strain. Could feel the struggle of the demon against her will. She could feel the horrifying force of the demons own will. How impossible it would be if the shawl was not in her possession. Despite the magnitude of this task, Hazel knew she could not afford to fail.

But now with Raksi interfering, the stakes were raised even higher. Hazel would be hard pressed to even defend herself. No. She couldnt. Even if she found a dagger in her own back, she could not afford break her Concentration for even a moment.

The dark aura that had begun to form around Hazel began to radiate outward as she focused more of her essence into the ritual. Darkness radiating from her like light from a lantern. Her Anima banner starting to takes it's full shape.

"You do not frighten me, Erembour. The shadows. The night. They are my ally and my shield. To hide me even from the gaze of the Unconquered Sun. Gifts from a goddess you can not comprehend."

As her anima banner grew, it reached its iconic peak. And it was as if a portion of night was ripped from the darkest skies and surrounded the feline witch. But despite the time of day, the darkness was absolute save for the specks of stars that twinkled within. Yet to look closely. One would see the silhouette of the blackest cat, a furred body that was all but lost in the black.

Yet as the banner grew, two distinct golden eyes peared from that portion of the night. Hazels amber feline eyes shown bright as if they themselves were the moon. And like the moon, they reflected Luna's light where they gazed. Directly meeting Erembours own voided flare.

"I see your fear. You are afraid of me and rightly so. Of my darkness and the unknown within."

"Submit, Demon! I shall shelter you. You will know of the same embrace as I do. And in it, you will know peace."

_____

Int+Occ+Spec = 11
Excellency(Int+Cha) = 9
Shawl + Luna = 3
Penumbra Witch Mastery
Cost: 3m; Mins: Intelligence 2, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
A student of Creation’s mysteries and those that lie beyond the world, the Lunar’s insight illumines uncanny darkness. She adds (higher of Essence or 3) dice and rerolls 1s until they cease to appear on a sorcery- or thaumaturgy-related roll; a roll to understand or introduce a fact about a supernatural being, artifact, manse, or similar phenomenon; or a read intentions, profile character, or case scene roll opposing a spirit or fae.
Charm = 3 (+reroll ones)
Channel WP = 4
Stunt = 2
Total= 32
Spending= 12m, 1wp

Successes

Conflict stats

Health Levels
-0 ●
-1 ●●
-2 ●●●●
-4 ●●
I ●

Essence: ●●
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42/5

Willpower: ●●●●●

Anima: Iconic/Burning
Anima Bonus: -2 penalty to visual based rolls against the Lunar.

Soak: 9

Last edited:
Seeing the meddling witch dart toward Hazel infuriated Toun. Having missed with the stamp of his foot, he turned about to snatch Raksi in his grasp. He channeled his fury into his grip, hoping to feel the satisfying crunch of bones within his palm.

"I don't know what possessed you to think disrupting this ritual was a good idea. Time to put your stupidity out of it's misery."

[Full Excellency here and a major intimacy channel I just need to figure out the die pool.]

7 Successes it looks like

Last edited:
Toun's massive paw reaches out for Raksi, but she is able to twist out of the way of your grasp with inhuman speed. She does, however, stop her mad rush towards Hazel. She glares up at Toun and says in a dangerous tone of voice, "Are you sure you wish to try me, young pup? You may not live to regret your decision!" With a rapid swipe of her short swords and a angry glare, Raksi makes a series of attacks against Toun, trying to gain the advantage against him.

These are Withering Attacks
Attack 1: 12 successes
Attack 2: 8 successes
Attack 3: 16 successes
Attack 4: 13 successes
Attack 5: 14 successes
Attack 6: 18 successes

Rykon Rykon has his defense to declare

Current Order
15 - [Toun]
14 - [Raksi]
13 - One Tusk
12 - Two Mornings
10 - Gwen
10 - Selket

Round 2
15 - Toun
14 - Raksi

Inside the ritual circle, the fight rages on between Hazel and Erembour. Hazel has made significant progress against demon, and was nearly successful in binding her when Erembour suddenly surges against you, shaking off many of the moonsilver filaments you had in place. Even so, Hazel can see that she is close to total victory against her foe. You feel that one more push might be just enough to get the job done.

D. Rex D. Rex Go ahead and give me your next roll.

Almost. Hazel could feel the demons will breaking. She could see its desperation. Even as Erembour began to break away from her bindings, the feline witch did not flinch. She couldn't and wouldn't. Right now was the time for the final push. To give it all she could.

The golden eyes that stated at the demon only intensified. As did the slice of night that encompassed Hazel. As it did, the image of her spirit totem became more distinct, the form of the cat stepped forward towards Erembour, taking the night along with it.

The darkness that surrounded Hazel crept forward, growing wider and wider.

"You have beauty, you have power, but it pales in comparison to what it could be. The shadow you dwell in is weak and false. Witness now what is superior to your master. The true darkness of night and all its glory."

As her anima banner of the night sky grew, it began to slowly envelop the struggling primordial avatar. As if midnight itself was going to devour her.

"When the gaze of the Unconquered Sun turns away from Creation, it is by the aura of Luna that it knows healing. A soothing coolness that inspires the heart and mind. A new world creation becomes. Where the fiercest predators can stalk unseen and the wiliest prey finds sanctuary."

The anima would surround the demon, to isolate her and the golden eyed cat from the burning sun. A darkness that only a god could create. The cat approached. Speaking now.

"You sing, but your notes are ugly and foul. Be still, be silent. Listen to what sound of darkness truly is. Listen to animals and the wolves as they sing their praises of Luna. And the insects play instruments finer than yours. A symphonic prayer of epic scale. And a magic in and of itself."

The darkness of the anima banner would tighten around the demon. Seeping into the demons very being. A darkness that made Erembours eyes and skin seem pale in comparison.

"Heed me, Erembour! Know Lunas's darkness! Bow. Weep. Destroy your horn. Obey. Submit to me and to Luna. And you will learn first hand the wonders of becoming intimate with Night." Hazel commanded. "Or resist... and learn why we Lunars are chosen predators in all the realms."

____
Same rolls and charm as before.

However, I will be using my anima ability. Spending my full Iconic Anima for a free full Excellency.

Int+Occ+Spec = 11
Excellency(Int+Cha) = 9
Shawl + Luna = 3
Charm: Penumbra Witch Mastery
Charm = 3 (+reroll ones)
Channel WP = 4
Stunt = 2
Total= 32

Spending 3m 1wp.

Successes: 16

Toun's base parry is 5 from war form and his Soak is still 22.
These are Withering Attacks
Attack 1: 12 successes - 2 damage
Attack 2: 8 successes - 0 damage
Attack 3: 16 successes - 1 damage
Attack 4: 13 successes - 0 damage
Attack 5: 14 successes - 0 damage
Attack 6: 18 successes - 1 damage

Toun's soak takes most of the damage in stride, but a few minor hits get through.

One Tusk does not stand idle. With a burst of speed that is almost a blur, he wields his Grand Daiklave with such ease it moved like it was a pairing knife in the hands of the Full Moon Lunar. But as fast as the old boar is, Raksi is just as quick, and she is able to defend herself fairly well against the savage blows of your mentor.

Aranfan Aranfan is up with Two Mornings

Current Order
15 - [Toun]
14 - [Raksi]
13 - [One Tusk]
12 - Two Mornings <====
10 - Gwen
10 - Selket

Round 2
18 - Raksi
17 - One Tusk
11 - Toun

Hazel can feel the tension building up inside the demon as you fight. While your battle is not one of physical blows, it is no less intense and deadly. Every time that Erembour makes a counter attack, Hazel is able to stop her and sink your control of her that much deeper. With a sudden burst of frantic energy, the demon rages at Hazel, just to be rebuffed once more.

Finally, something seems to click as the fight is now over. Erembour drops to her knees in surrender, her head bowed down. In a voice that is no more than a whisper, she says, "I . . . will serve you, Master." You are now able to safely leave the security of the warding circle.

D. Rex D. Rex Congratulations! You have successfully bound your first 3rd Circle Demon! You get a bonus of 3 Lunar Xp for your efforts!

Almost as sudden as it started, the storm of wills cleared, and for a brief second it felt like she was pushing against a wall and that wall suddenly disappeared. A small shock.

But sure enough, the deed was done. Hazel looked at the kneeling demon, panting slightly despite the lack of physical exertion.

That left a momentary pause that she could take stock of the situation.

"Yes. Erembour. You will. Now remain there. I will deal with you shortly."

Hazel turned and looked quite angry at the scene unfolding. "STOP IT ALL OF YOU!"

"Raksi! What is the meaning of this!? You of all people should know the dangers of interfering with a binding ritual!"

"What madness has overtaken you? That you choose agression over sending me a MESSAGE OR WARNING! Like I sent you weeks ago that you ignored!"

With Two Mornings taking position between Raksi and Hazel, the obvious threat of Toun and One Tusk, and the glares being sent her way from Gwen and Selket, Raksi can read the tea leaves and see that even as tough as she is, it will be a losing bet to continue to face off against so many of Luna's Chosen all set to stand against her.

Raksi may be crazy, but she's not stupid. She looks over at Hazel, then suddenly and with no words being said, the No Moon sorceress vanishes, leaving no trace of her behind.

One Tusk lets out a angry roar. "You psycho bitch! If you ever show your face in my valley again without my permission, I'll cut you down where you stand! Attacking my students like this. Rrrrgh! Hazel, with your sudden outburst, I would hazard a guess that your efforts to bind the demon Erembour were successful?"

Raksi disappeared. Just like that. What? Why? Hazels head already hurt, she would need to process this though. Something was going on... and she had an inkling.

With the threat over now, Hazel finally looked back over at Erembour and a wave of nausea hit her. It took a bit of effort to keep from throwing up. If it wasnt for her fur, she would likely be looking rather pale. Not that she was sick... but that it was hard not to think of what it was that she actually just did, let alone accomplished.

"Yes, Master. She has been bound. Her will belongs to me." She confirmed, though there was a sound of incredulity in her voice as if she herself barely believed it.

"Thank you all. I did not anticipate Raksi's presence, but if it was not for your swift action, she would have surely seen this ritual end in disaster for creation."

The witch walked over to the demon. "Erembour. I have questions for you, and you will answer them to the best of your ability. But first... surrender your Horn. Cast it aside." Hazel ordered.

Hazel did not expect this stage to go over so well. In fact, she expected the binding to fail or be only partial, and was prepared to seal her immediately. She was. However, still very prepared to seal the demon at a moments notice, in case the demon did not prove as submissive as it initially seemed.

"And Toun..." she asked, looking over to him concerned. Having taken the brunt of Raksi's assault, she would have hurried over to check in him, but she dared not risk straying too far from Erembour yet. "... are you injured? Are you okay?"

Toun sheathed his blade, somewhat disappointed the fight ended so soon. Hazel's concern left him with a smile by reflex. "I'm fine. Her display looked impressive, but at the end of the day, she's a witch and not a warrior. She will not outfight a Full Moon worth their fangs, even as green as I am by comparison." Toun felt the urge to discard his ultimate war form, but it was clear Hazel was still on edge with Erembor as she was.

"When we have the time, I think we should look into a warding ritual to prevent further sorcerous entries like that, but for now let's just focus on the task at hand."

Gwen doesn't drop her guard quite yet, even as she looks around for any sign of danger. She finally turns her attention to Hazel. "I would hazard a guess that you are successful in your efforts to rein in this one? What will you do with her now? Are you still going through with your plan?"

The witch walked over to the demon. "Erembour. I have questions for you, and you will answer them to the best of your ability. But first... surrender your Horn. Cast it aside." Hazel ordered.
At this order, the demon is visibly struggling with herself. Finally, after a long moment, she lets out a sigh and nods slightly. Tossing down the Horn, she looks over at Hazel. "As you order, so shall I obey."

One Tusk jabs his Daiklave into the dirt at his feet. "Damn her. Damn her to hell. If she had been able to disrupt this ceremony, it would have doomed us all." He looks over at Toun in his massive form and says, "You don't look too bad off. Good. I was worried when I saw you step forward and block Raksi. Let me say this, though. I am proud of all of you."

"We just may, Toun. But such a thing will take some time. Especially to be able to be effective against once such as Raksi. I shall look into it."

At Gwen's comments, Hazel nodded. With Erembour's surrender of her legendary horn emphasizing that she was indeed under control. "First, I have questions for her. Then yes, I will proceed with the plan. As I had said. Her current state makes things much more manageable."

Hazel bent down. And with slightly trembling fingers. Picked up the horn. She stared at it for a few moments. Such a thing... to thing she was holding something that caused the death and suffering of countless souls.

She handed the horn to One Tusk. "Master. Can you see that this is sealed away? Destroyed if possible, but if not, then hidden away and protected. So that in the case things go foul, Erembour wont be able to play her evil melody. Nor would others."

Hazel then turned back to the demon. "Erembour. Answer my questions with all honesty. With as much detail as you can muster. What do you know of the one who summoned you to creation, and how did they accomplish such a thing?"

With Raksi gone, Toun not looking too worse for wear, and Erembour seemingly bound, Selket would return to her human form. After bowing to One Tusk in thanks for his praise of the group, she then walked over to where Hazel was questioning Erembour.

Erembour looks at Hazel, and from the look she gives you, you are confident that if she were not bound, she would turn on you and destroy you utterly. But she stands still and answers your questions. "When I was called forth from Malfias, I was surprised, since I was not aware of any Solar sorcerers in Creation that had reached this level of power. I was more surprised when I reached my destination, and saw that instead of a Exalted sorcerer, I was faced with a Fae wielding a powerful artifact; some sort of staff. This Fae was a noble named Braxis, and he then sealed me into the sphere that you saw me in, saying that my time to rage against Creation would be coming soon."

"For an unknown amount of time, I languished in my new prison until such time as I could sense the Dragon Blooded forces taking me from the place I was being held. It was during this time that the sphere was damaged, and I had hoped to be free, but then I faced off against you and lost once more." She pauses for a moment, then says, "I would like to know what the terms of my servitude will be. Am I to be free after a year and a day, or is there a specific task you have bound me for?"

One Tusk takes the Horn and slips it into Elsewhere for the time being. "I will hold it for now, until such time as I can find a safe place for it to be hid."

Selket looked towards Hazel, as if to say, "she's your bound demon, do as you please".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back