• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As both Toun and Selket distract themselves, One Tusk ventures deep into his cache of Artifacts and comes out to Hazel with a finely worked Orichalcum daiklave. He offers up the weapon to his fuzzy pupil, saying, "I hazard a guess that with as powerful as this demon is, this sword will make for the best prison for her to be locked up in, assuming that she doesn't end up killing us all or escaping the second we break the crystal open to get to her."

He offers up the blade to Hazel, then says, "I have my own sanctum ready to play host to this ceremony. All we need to do is to move her in and I will leave the rest up to you. On this day, you are the teacher, and I am your student."

Hazel was in her room, papers scattered everywhere as she busied herself drawing and redrawing aspects of the circle she intended to use. With the demon already summoned, she could scrap a lot of the circle, and was deciding to replace much of the geometry with copies of the binding lines.

Hazel had no anticipation that her circle could bind a demon of that level. It would not be any more effective than throwing a handful of confetti at her face. But that was fine, all she needed was a brief moment to be bought.

As One-Tusk entered, Hazel paused in her work long enough for to hear him. As he offered the sword, she took it, and stared down at the weighty artifact in her hands.

Hazel stared at it, mulling over its candidacy. An artifact such as this would indeed make a sturdy prison. A cage of sun metal housing a demon of darkness. It indeed would be worthy if the task.

"Thank you, Master. But I still dont know what I will use. As I am unsure to what lengths should be done to keep this monster from creation."

"A relic can be lost or stolen... should I not get to it in time to renew its seal, it shall be freed once more. And would be risking intwining my essence to attune to the cursed item, of which may not be safe in elsewhere."

"The other option I was considering, was myself. And with the shawl, I could mitigate any demon influence. Should I be able to gain some control of her, the dangers would decrease to easily manageable levels. Theoretically. None would be able to touch her, none would be able to find her, and only upon my death could there be a chance at her being freed."

She looked up at One Tusk. "You say I am the teacher, but I feel no wiser than when I left. I look around and see so much knowledge that I still do not know. Knowledge I realize is of vital importance. My magic is but a pittance of what it needs to be. Thank Luna for the Shawl to help us..."

"I saw horrible things. A future that cannot be allowed to come to pass. But with so much at stake, how do I know which choices are the good ones? How do i know which risks are the ones worth taking?" She asked.

One Tusk listens as Hazel goes over her concerns, his hands working to light a pipe that he pulls out of his pocket. "You ask many questions that I am unable to answer for you, but I will offer what counsel I can." He takes a puff of the pipe, then says, "I am concerned that bringing the demon into yourself will cause you great harm, if not physically, but mentally and spiritually. What if Erembour is able to wrest control of your body from you, even with the Shawl? I can only guess at what mischief she would try to do. But, you have a point in that any artifact that is used to bind her can be lost to us, and possibly used against not just us, but all of Creation."

He looks across at Hazel, then he says, "You ask how you can know what choices are the right ones. The simple answer is one you will not like to hear: You can't know. All you can do is to weigh the options and hope for the best. You are, even with all your Luna-granted powers, still basically human, and subject to making mistakes. Learn from them, and don't let them define who you are. Just remember, my little witch Hazel, you are not alone. All of us will be with you, no matter what. The decision on how to best deal with Erembour falls on you, and I will support whatever call you make. Just decide quickly before she is freed on her own."

"Now, you have the resources you asked for. Let us gather the rest of the Circle and stab a dagger into the eye of this Malfian bitch, and spit in the face of the Fae while we're at it."

Gwen heads over to where One Tusk and Hazel are in conference, hoping to be able to at least offer up some moral support for the upcoming struggle with the demon.

Hazel sat in silence for a few moments as she processed what he had said.

"The chance of harm to me is there. But the risk of harm to creation is lessened as a result. I already have a few buffers against those dangers. My mind has already been touched by the wyld... my body has been too, as well the resilience granted to me by Luna. Furthermore, Mr. Snuffleupagus has always acted independently of me but knows not thoughts. Should my mind be possessed, he should have the good sense to alert others. And if she does attempt possession, there is a chance it will be to him instead given he may prove an easier target. "

"That is assuming I will not be able to press my will onto her during this ritual. Which is what I first intend to do."

Hearing that she was still human was not a negative as one Tusk thought it might be. Instead hearing such things brought her comfort.

Hearing footsteps approach, her ears twitched. The telltale strut of the glamorous Gwen. A slightly bittersweet feeling, as she was nervous about how they would react when they learned what she planned to do. Toun she knew would greatly dissaprove of putting herself in jeopardy like that. And she hated the idea of disappointing him. And Two Morning would likely take a swing at her for another display of enslavement and forced captivity. Gwen might share the view of Toun, but she also always brought comfort, and Hazel felt reassured that she was there.

Once Gwen entered she continued. "Erembour's threat will be ceased. Of that I am confident. As soon as this ritual is complete, I will turn my studies to seeing how to make her absence permenant. I feel this is our chance to remove a threat to creation that has been here for far too long. And I feel the risk to myself is worth it. Thankfully, I have the rest of the circle to help see that she doesnt bring much harm to me."

"Once the orb is moved into position, we will start the ritual. I have only minor preparations left. Gwen can help me with those."

Gwen reaches out and takes Hazel's hand in her own with a reassuring smile. I can feel the tension in her. The pressure that our dear Hazel is under must be tremendous. She has to know that we are all still going to stand with her. "I am here, dear sister, with whatever I can do to help."

Hazel squeezed the hand without even thinking about it and she smiled back. "Thank you, sister Gwen." She said. Taking a deep breath. "What we have left is not much. I will need to make markings upon my body. My chest, stomach, hands, and back. With a salt infused paint or dye that will stick to my fur and not be removed easily by sweat, movement, or fighting."

"These..." hazel hesitated on whether or not to explain what she was doing. But she opted to tell her. "...will be used to channel Erembour to my inner being and trap her within. The patterns will align my essence into a cage of sorts as well, so a mistake could lead to unforeseen side effects."

"I will need you hands, as mine arent very steady, and can reach what I cannot. I have the patterns already drawn."

Gwen raises an eyebrow, but for at least that moment, she says nothing. After a long moment of processing the idea, she finally says, "You . . . are pulling this demon into yourself. Is there no other way to end her threat? I fear for you, dear one."

Hazel waited anxiously for the response. "I have thought on this since we acquired the shawl." Hazel explained. "The other options pose risks that could put her into the hands of the enemy. Should I contain her in an artifact, she could be stolen. We know the Fae would be keen on and capable of doing so. And such a demon imprisoned, they would be able to free it under their command with the staff we suspect them to have. If it even gets lost, and I cannot renew its seal, she will be freed."

"Should I leave that artifact in the material world, it can found and tracked. To put it in elsewhere, if it where even possible to do so with such a demon, would require me to mingle my essence with hers in such a way that leaves me little better off. Should I die, the artifact will return atop my dead body, for the fae or demons to take at their leisure."

"Should we vanish her now, we have no guarantee yet that they cant summon her again. Thus potentially handing the enemy back a weapon that will have no chance of taking from them again. "

"I haven't the ability to destroy her right now, nor the time to prepare for such a feat. This is the option with the least risk of creation I can think of."

"Instead of an artifact, the vessel will be me. She will be untraceable save for those in the know. I will be able to ensure her imprisonment at all times. And there is no chance they will be able to extract her from me. As should things go according to plan, she will be under my control, which alone will mitigate many risks associated with this. If the worst case scenario happens, and I die, and instead of being banished she breaks free into the world, her will will be her own and not under the direction if the Fae. This very well could throw fate for a loop, as it wasn't shadow that spread across the world in my vision. She would become a third party in this war, and at least hinder the threats shown by the prophecy."

"This is only a temporary fix. As I have no desire to be host longer than I must. Her presence will be removed from me once we know for sure they can no longer summon her, or we have learned of a way to destroy her permenantly."

"I know such a plan will leave a foul taste in our mouths for its risk. But I feel it gives us the greatest chance at successes, and that I can pull it off."

"I am not yet an accomplished Sorceress. I haven't the power or knowledge to do this with sorcery alone. But the domain of magic known as thaumaturgy is a mysterious force that follows no rules of how powerful one is, and as such can bend reality in ways barely understood. Exorcism is one such practice, to pull at demons and spirits against their will no matter their power or origin."

"Erembour is very strong willed. But so am I. Between my preparation, the Shawl, and the blessings of Luna, we can do this."

Looking at Hazel, Gwen is silent for a time, then she says, "Well, I should get started on the markings then, and make damn sure I get them right. I am afraid, but I have trust in you, and I know that the love I have for you will grant you strength in the battle you are about to undertake. Guide my hands, and I will make sure you have all the tools possible to face our enemy and win."

Hazel smiled, markedly more relaxed. "I do not know what I would do without you, Gwen." Hazel squeezed her hand again, to reassure her. "Worry not. Your love inspires me more than you know. And has carried me on for so long. Just you being there and I know I will not fail."

She gave Gwen a long hug before releasing her and moving to get a piece of parchment. "These here. They are to be the average width between my ring and pink fingers of my left hand. Color of white would be best, but a pale blue or yellow can also work should material be limited. Salt infusement is a must. Everything must be as symmetrical as, but given my fur isnt guaranteed to be even. That is what this particular spot on the back is for, and it is the only asymmetrical spot on this pattern, as sort of a buffer against such errors, as such we need to pay extra attention to detail there. As well as this area on my chest. That hole will be surrounding my solar plexus. We will start there to make sure everything aligns with it. The hands will be helping the channel, like a funnel and... (etc.)"

Hazel turned her full attention to explain the markings to Gwen in an overwhelming flood of words and descriptions. Together, they would no doubt be able do this. Hazel had faith.

Toun couldn't sleep long, still driven by the magic of various hearthstones. He stirs slowly, still eschewing armor and his shirt from the heat of the valley relative to his normal environment. Hopefully, he wouldn't disturb Selket's rest with his sudden departure.

The icewalker grew anxious from waiting. He looked about the valley for signs of the others in the circle. Eventually, deciding to make his way back to the ritual site if he hadn't found any of the others.

By the time that Toun gets to the ritual site, Gwen is just putting on the finishing touches on the symbols on Hazel's back. One Tusk is in his war form, carrying the sphere with Erembour in it to the center of the warding circle that was laid out earlier. The old boar looks over at Toun and says, "Good. You are here just in time. I was about to call on you. Gather the rest of the Circle. We are almost ready to begin the ritual, and I want everyone here and ready for a fight."

Aranfan Aranfan jaydude jaydude A quick tag for you both.

"You could have told me you were planning to head over here." Selket remarked to Toun in a dry voice once she had arrived at the ritual site, having woken up and left shortly after him. In anticipation of the need for combat, she was clad in her buff jacket and had her Ichneumon Blades ready on her forearms.

She would then look over at Gwen. "Hey. Been keeping yourself occupied since we got back?" she asked with a smile, feeling a bit guilty at having had Toun to herself earlier.

Toun gives Selket a shrug, "I didn't want to disturb your rest. I'll just ask next time."

"Well if we're about to expect a fight I'll need my armor. I didn't expect the ritual to be starting this soon." Toun looked to the others present before his departure trying to gauge the mood of the room. Everyone appeared tense, so he made sure he readied himself without delay.

When he returned with any stragglers, the towering warrior kept his gleaming silver blade drawn and ready. He attuned his sight to the realms of spirits additionally, if only to ease his own concerns about Erembor's influence. "I don't know how much help I can be here. Just be careful Hazel. We can't afford to lose anyone here. This won't be the last demon we have to deal with."

Last edited:
Hazel was making final preparations, but there wasnt much left but waiting for the sun to be at its peak.

It wasnt often that Hazel went about without her hat or Cape, but this was one such instance, as her upper body was bare save for what was covered by the shawl. The markings on her fur craftily done by her and gwen were vibrant, standing out quite a bit from her black fur.

Her hands were not idle. And seemed to be practicing movements that lined up the markings on her hands and forearms.

"Moral support, for one, brother Toun. I would feel much better you being here if something went wrong." She admitted.

"Nothing will happen to me, do not worry. I have been most careful in setting up this ritual. But thank you."

Hazel pointed to the sundial just outside the circle. With a mark scratched in stone. "When the dial reaches that mark, the shadows will be at their weakest for the day, and we must break the prison. In it's current state. A mighty blow will do the trick."

She pointed at the magic circle in the ground that surrounded the orb. "This will not bind her. It is far too weak, but it may slow her down enough for me to act first. Ignore what lights and effects you see. They will not effect you, and pass through you harmlessly. Only the demon will be touched by them."

"I shall attempt to take control of her before sealing her. Should that fail, I will just seal her away by force. Do not, under any circumstance, let her play her horn."

"As we do have enough time, I would like us to say a prayer to Luna, in that she might aid us in her own way."

"It's fine. It's just that I was planning to head over here anyway." Selket said to Toun.

At Hazel's suggestion of a prayer to Luna, Selket would give a nod of her head. "What do we have to do?" she asked.

Once Hazel is ready, Gwen will step back and take on her hybrid form and take her bow in hand. If things really go badly, I doubt that this will make much difference, but I must do my best to protect my friend.

Looking over at Selket, Gwen says, "From what I remember of my encounter with Luna at my Exaltation, she is a bit . . . capricious and will probably be happy to hear any prayer she can get from her Chosen. In any case, I am ready as I will ever be. Hazel, it is in your hands now."

Hazel smiled, "Luna is as Gwen as said. But do know that she loves us very much. Speak from your heart, she chose us because of the essence of our being. Say not what you think she wants to hear, but of what you feel and know is true."

Hazel took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Silver Lady. Sister, Mother, Muse, Lover, and Guide. Our Goddess Luna. I thank you, for the blessings you have given us, and for the brothers and sisters I stand by now and whom I have found love and trust."

"Mant night ago, you shared with me a vision. A threat to creation that you have entrusted us to remedy. I stand here, at at the foot of the mountain of the task you have charged us with, and scale it we will."

"I remember. When we first met. It was in utter darkness that you comforted me. You shown me the wonders of your Realm. I learned of its soothing hand and its sanctuary. And that it is something that I never have need to fear. You cloaked me in your domain and breathed new life into me."

"Before me is held a creature that perverts YOUR darkness. That with her very being twists it to perform abominable deeds. One who strides through the dark as if it is hers."

"Moreso than an affront to you. This demon threatens Creation. As your chosen, it is our duty to protect it. The blessed Children of the Unconquered Sun may be asleep, but such is all the more reason we act. So that when they return, Creation will but will be fertile fields for them to cultivate. We are the guardians of the guardians. And their charge is our charge as well."

"This abomination before us, and all those like it, I pledge now to end them to greatest extent of my ability. A Sacred Hunt to devour the hearts of the Champions of the Old Ones. And should we find none within the confine of their chests, then we will settle for ripping apart their very being so they shall never threaten your beloved Creation ever again."

"You believe in me. And I stand now ever striving for the power within. To find a greater power than those before me, and to let it be known across Celestia and Creation why it is that you are THE Goddess of Sorcery. And from this step on, we enter the fates of Creation in full. We will shift the tides as we need to save it without fear."

"Please Mother Luna, watch over us now as we seal this demon away. To hold her in our fist until the time comes that my fangs draw her hearts blood and its foul taste is forever remembered by my tongue so that none may ever witness her again. This demon is but the first... the rest will follow in kind."

"May our journey end with a swelling of pride in your heart, that you may know you chose well, and that our love is always yours. We will not fail you."

Last edited:
There is no obvious response or effect of your prayer, but all of you do feel a warm feeling come over you. It may just be the product of your imaginations, but something tells you that there is another presence here, watching over you.

One Tusk's anima banner begins to glow as he spends Essence in preparation for a possible fight. "Tell me when you are ready, Hazel, and I will shatter this sphere to give you free access to our prisoner."

A quiet voice can be heard, almost a whisper. It says, "Do not do this, Moon Chosen. Free me, and I will grant you power and knowledge long lost to you. How would you like to be the Lunar to repair the broken castes and restore the proper balance to your Exaltations? I can help you with that, but not if you banish me. Let me be free, and you shall have my gratitude."

Selket would close her own eyes as Hazel made her prayer. Once it was done, she would shift into her war form, her hands shifting into scorpion's claws, a scorpion's tail with stinger growing out of her back, and her eyes and mouth becoming those of a scorpion.

Her transformation complete, she would turn her gaze onto Hazel, waiting for the other Lunar to begin.

Using Peripheral Essence here.

Had the goddess heard, Hazel could only hope. But even if she was only looking on. Then her spirits would be raised.

Hazel took her position and smoothed out the shawl of the lunar priestess.

Again came the voice. That chilled voice that Hazel could only point to as Erembour herself. But paralysis wouldnt afflict her this time. Hazel was ready, and she had the Goddess and her circle in her side.

It was the same offer as before. An offer that tugged at her heart. To say that it was a goal she had never thought of would be a lie. But... no.

"Erembour... your whispers are but poison and hollow promises. To put my faith in you would foul any dreams I would have. But worry not, Demon, for it isn't banishment that is in your future. What knowledge you have, I shall rip from you should i desire it."

"The ultimate freedom is reserved for you. So long as you swear to the Ebon Dragon, your fate is set in stone."

Hazel nodded to One Tusk to shatter the sphere. The sun was ready, and the shadows were at their minimum.

The young female raised her hands above her head, speaking an incantation to activate the circles below the orb. Chains and tendrils of lights to manifest to bind and slow the demon down. Weak they were for one such as Erembour, to be as easily ripped as straw. But every split second counted for something.

Channeling her will and her essence through the shawl, she forced her presence to try and overtake Erembour's will. To gain control of the wicked being and become its master.

"KNEEL EREMBOUR! By the grace of Luna, you shall know your Master as me and only me!" She demanded.

___
Sherwood Sherwood let me know what rolls i need to make.

Hopefully the preparations pay off.

This is the first stage. Trying to use the shawl to bind Erembour to Hazels will.

Afterwards will come the sealing.

Will stunt the process as much as I can.
Will be using as many fully excellencies as I can.
Am willing to spend all the willpower and motes I can get away with.

Potentially using this charm as applicable.
Penumbra Witch Mastery
Cost: 3m; Mins: Intelligence 2, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
A student of Creation’s mysteries and those that lie beyond the world, the Lunar’s insight illumines uncanny darkness. She adds (higher of Essence or 3) dice and rerolls 1s until they cease to appear on a sorcery- or thaumaturgy-related roll; a roll to understand or introduce a fact about a supernatural being, artifact, manse, or similar phenomenon; or a read intentions, profile character, or case scene roll opposing a spirit or fae.

Toun will also be shifting to war form prior to breaking the orb. If it done in open air, he will also use towering beast form to reach legendary size.

[As a player, the impression I get is this in taking place within a sealed building though, correct me if that's wrong.]

As One Tusk shatters the crystal prison keeping Erembour in check, the demon makes a break for it, launching up into the air and attempting to fly away before Hazel has a chance to begin the ritual spell. With a sudden ear piercing scream of rage, the dark figure is forced to a halt at bands of silvery Essence rise up from the young Lunar and entangle the fleeing Malfian. Erembour then changes tactics and charges Hazel, planning on killing her before the ritual could begin. But the bands of glowing Essence hold her in place, keeping her from getting to you.

D. Rex D. Rex You are in the midst of a contested roll against the demon. Please give me a Int + Sorcery roll with any relevant Specialties applying to the dice pool. Thanks to the effects of the Shawl and your prayer to Luna, you have an additional +3 dice to your pool when you roll. Erembour is going to be fighting you with her Willpower pool, and the first one to the target number of successes wins.

Toun will also be shifting to war form prior to breaking the orb. If it done in open air, he will also use towering beast form to reach legendary size.

[As a player, the impression I get is this in taking place within a sealed building though, correct me if that's wrong.]
With the power of the demon coming from the darkness, it was decided that the best place and time to hold the ritual is at high noon outside, where the light of the sun can help weaken (hopefully) the demon enough to make the battle with her easier on Hazel. So Toun can safely take on his full size.

As Hazel is working on the spell, a flash of light fills the air as a Exalt completes a teleport, popping up just outside the rune circle that is currently containing Erembour and Hazel. Out of the light steps a familiar figure: Raksi. She is wearing moonsilver armor and is packing a pair of Short Daiklaves, one in each hand. Rage can be felt flowing off of her as she glares at Hazel, then she lets out a cry of, "No! You fool! You don't know what you are doing! You will doom us all!" She begins to charge forward at the young No Moon, hoping to disrupt the ceremony.

Psychie Psychie jaydude jaydude Rykon Rykon Please give me Join Battle rolls to see who will be able to react first.
D. Rex D. Rex You have your own dice pool to roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back