• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Couldn't we just banish her back to hell? The fae can't call her up again, right?"
Hazel shook her head. "We could. But as I said. We have no guarantee that they cant. I have eyes sent, and will send more as need be. But until we know for sure... there is the chance that the Fae can summon her again, without those of the empire there to steal her away..."

"Keep in mind, there is suspected sidereal involvement. Though we do not know which side they are playing for, it is not ours. If the staff is indeed broken, they may find a way to make use of it yet."

Hazel took a deep breath, "Out of the ones I know, Erembour most of all is the one I wish not to be free in Creation." She looked back at the sphere, "Her loyalty is predictable to know that she will do what she can to return her Master here. And her abilities could see the stolen lives of many innocent people. Devious magicks that I do not even wish to witness."

She turned,"Should we have confirmation it is safe to banish her, we will do. Better yet. If we learn more about their destruction. And can do so safetly, we will spare great trouble and much grief for our great great grandchildren. If not, in the grand pattern, set up future circles to rid Creation of the threat of the Primordials forever, and return Creation to its proper balance under the Unconquered Sun's champions. A final healing of a terrible scar."

"But... that is the best case scenario that I haven't the optimism to expect. Instead. Seeing that she is imprisoned will ensure that we have the time to gain the answers we need. And better prepare. These couple days i have now is not much time. Much workings do I have to prepare for this event."

"If I may be so bold, brothers and sisters. Here is what I need...."

"Toun, Selket, Two Mornings. We can not afford to have any distraction within the time of this ritual. Between your hunting Mastery and martial prowess, do you think you can find out if any such fae incursion will happen on that day?" She asked. An interruption by the Fae could very well doom the ritual... and the circle would be too occupied with a demon to help against them.

"Master One-Tusk, a few things I need from you. A place to conduct the ritual where no curious eyes may lay witness to the ritual. As well, any wisdom of Erembour you may be able to impart in me will be very useful."

"Sister Gwen. I will need your help personally. There are markings I must make upon my fle- fur and the ritual site. Ones that will require your exquisite touch to be done properly." Not just because Hazel figured Gwen would know what sort of paint or dye could hold on fur, but also that Hazel worried her own fingers might be a little shaky to do the task.

"Two Mornings mate, I an ashamed to not remember you name,"she wasnt, it just slipped her mind. It was rock something. "I know not what your capabilities are. But the presence of a hero of the sun could be very useful."

"Two full days, is all I dare to give. At the sun's zenith after the second day, when shadows are at their most shallow, and the prison will have waned to its thinnest yet."

Last edited:
Selket nodded in turn. "I can investigate, but I wouldn't know where to start. Not until I have more information about our foes."

"I can hunt and track, but investigation isn't a strong suit of mine either. I'm not really in the military intelligence game. I'm in the breaking my foes across the ruins of a battlefield game." Toun replied with a shrug.

"One Tusk and the Dragon blooded have no doubt sent scouts and likely have ideas by now and which directions the Fae approach from." Hazel said.

"The three of you together, with strength amd wit combined, can dare to go further than they dare. A simple look, by it from air or ground."

"It is hunting and tracking that you would be doing. Just As wolves seek the next heard of prey that migrate into their lands."

Hazel smiled, "And if they are minuscule, we will all cheer upon their unceremonious crushing."

"What we can expect, though, are fae and demons intermingled. My concern is founded by that the Fae ir their allies have made this prison. As such we can expect them to be aware of this shells lifetime. They may grow desperate in retrieving it in its final days in hope that they may control her yet."

Hazel then began to twiddle her fingers,"But war and battle I know not much about. Should you feel your time be better used elsewhere, please don't hesitate do as such." She admitted. She didnt want Toun to think she was trying to tell him what to do, especially after the attitude she had with him not so long ago. She felt a little guilty about that.

"It's not a bad plan. If the fae aren't at our door already then I think we should move as quickly as we can. We can watch for movement, and numbers from afar, but details will be hard for us to ascertain from the air. Speaking for myself, I'm no occultist so I couldn't tell much difference between a Fair Folk Noble and a Second Circle Demon, much less identify a specific demon reliably. I'm afraid that's the best we can reasonably do without any one of us endangering ourselves flying solo or even as a group. We might end up facing a gaggle of second circle demons. With the full force of our circle and the armies on hand I don't mind those odds. On a counter-ambush though? That's not a pleasant thought. For what it's worth, this is Master's domain. Any move they make here he should be aware of. So if you would Master, what's the latest news on their movement in regards to your borders? And when was it reported?" Toun asks.

One Tusk looks at the Circle and says, "Well, I know little about the Shawl, but if you feel that you can seal up this dark bitch for good, I'll do what I can to help. Just let me know what you need from me."

"I am confident that I can see to that goal, Master One-Tusk. What I need from you is a place in your domain where we can operate the ritual in safety and seclusion. The less minds that know the details of what I am to do, the greater our chances that those who seek can not find her. Also, any other details you have to share regarding this particular demon could be helpful."

She then held up a furred hand and began counting on her fingers,"Contributions from the village I will also need. Salt, candles, charcoal, dyes and paints, and other such small things. An intricate circle I have to make and charge. One to aid in the binding and slow the demon for an instant at least. Should you wish to lend your power to help, that would also be beneficial."

"Several layers will this new prison consist of. I must go plan now. A lot of work I must do to see this is ready in time. When Master finds us a place for the ritual, I will begin setting it up, until then I shall be drawing out plans for the circle and getting other things ready." Hazel said.

If there were no other pressing issues or questions, Hazel would dismiss herself. To go to her home and get to work with books and parchments.

Magic circles were easy, demon ones too. Sure they looked like random lines and patterns. But the same could be said about math. And what was a magic circle but the arcane prowess of geometry?

Toun takes the brief reprieve to rest from the extended journey, if only to shake off the stress on his mind from the boredom of all the travels. Once his panoply was seen to be in good condition and care, he'd take his time relaxing while preparations were being made for the binding.

Whatever happened, he wanted to be nearby to make sure the circle could be protected from any demonic backlash.

Edit: Bump for Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie jaydude jaydude Aranfan Aranfan D. Rex D. Rex

After seeing to her own equipment, Selket would seek out Toun.

"Hey. Mind if I join you in resting and recuperating?" she would ask her male lover with a friendly smile, once she had found him.

Toun raised his head and smiled with a white grin. "I don't mind at all. You're welcome to join me." He said with an inviting wave.

His armor stood on a mount next to his daiklave, leaving the usually armored Ice Walker in humble clothing. "It's been awhile since I've gotten to speak much. How are you?"

"Fine, thanks. But we should all take the chance to rest while we can. We're not going to get as many opportunities for that, now that we're at war." replied Selket with her own smile. She'd left her Ichneumon Blades near her bedroll, though she still wore her buff jacket.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Alright, I suppose. It's been rather jarring to not sleep for so long from the effect of that stone. The boredom has been rather tormenting as well. At least that's all done for the time being though." Toun said with a sigh.

Selket would move closer to him at those words. "If you need relieving of your boredom, I might be able to help you there." she teased.

Toun stood up at the suggestion. He brought his hand up to Selket's neck and gently brushed his thumb against her jaw. He smirked as he looked into her eyes. "I had a feeling you'd say that. What does my gorgeous lover have in mind, I wonder?" He asked flirtatiously. "And what might she want in return?"

"You flatterer." Selket teased, though she smiled all the same as she draped her arms over his shoulders and stared back into his eyes. "I think you know what I'm planning, and what I want in return..."

Toun leaned in for a long kiss before lifting Selket into his arms, embracing her snugly. "Hah, I speak modestly but enough of that. I won't deny you what already belongs to you."

Toun's heart beat accelerated and his blood burned in his veins. He stole one more look at his beloved mate before he surrendered to his affection for her.

Assuming fade to black.

Selket had a vague memory of them frantically removing each others' clothes as they kissed wildly, before the two of them were on his bedroll. Once they were done, and Selket had recovered from the astounding level of pleasure he had made her feel, the two of them would lie down together, her head resting on his chest, and one of her legs draped over both of his.

"So. Feeling better now?" she asked in a soft whisper. "Remember, I'm not just your lover, I'm also your friend."

Toun's breathing was still slowing after the moments of intense satisfaction came to an end. He found himself laying beside Selket, once again clad only in a smile and the joy of her company. "I definitely am. Your friendship is also not lost on me either despite such a stellar experience. Seriously, if it was any better I'd start worrying if I'd get to survive." He replied with a short chuckle, arm wrapped behind Selket reaching down to her thigh.

"I really do miss you and Gwen when we're traveling at a pace like that... I needed this. Thank you, my breathtaking Selket." He said in a more serious tone. He started to comb her hair slowly with his fingers. "How about you? Feeling better?"

"I am, thank you. Especially seeing as I was able to help you." replied Selket, closing her eyes and nuzzling her head against his chest as she felt his fingers move through her hair.

"Is there any point in me asking if I can move my bedroll and other possessions in here?" she asked. "We can invite Gwen as well, of course."

"No I don't suppose there is a point to asking. Though it occurs to me that we may want to plan for a bigger home soon, for all of us. Either that or acquire a bottomless supply of Maiden Tea." Toun let his mind wander on the topic for a moment before adding. "Actually, I find myself curious on your view of things. Would you prefer if I take you as a wife? I mean, assuming we intend to live together. And I do want to live with you, both of you." Toun seemed to struggle to explain himself but soon gave up on carefully picking his words. "I... ah, didn't mean to put pressure on you."

"I'm sure we can get Gwen to help us with regards to Maiden Tea." remarked Selket with a smile. "I don't plan on having kids yet, not for a good long time."

His question about marriage took her off-guard, and she would remain silent for several seconds as she considered how to answer him, the smile disappearing from her face to be replaced by a thoughtful expression.

"I never really saw much point to marriage, to tell you the truth." she said. "When there are politics involved with the marriage, I can understand; the marriage is a means to an end. But when it's just two or more people who really like each other...why is it necessary? To show that they're committed to each other? To show that they love each other? You'd think that they'd already be aware of all that."

"Not to mention, that I've only been your lover for a short while, compared to all the time I've known you. I've greatly enjoyed that short while, but can we really be sure that it's going to last? That we'll want to remain lovers over the next few centuries?"

She let out a sigh. "I'll understand if any of this upsets you. It's just that...I'm already happy enough with what I've got from you and Gwen." she said, thinking that he'd only asked because he'd hoped for the possibility of marrying her. Which was flattering, but Selket wasn't sure it was something for her.

"Ah, no. I'm not upset." Toun chuckled. "I'm just not very familiar with how others do things. Where I came from, life was short. We were encouraged to marry early, look after each other, look after the tribe. That's what it took to survive up there. Though I guess not much of that is relevant anymore."

Toun paused and looked to Selket with a smile. "Anyhow, let's just enjoy what time we do have. If this is enough for you, then that's fine with me. If that changes, we'll figure it out."

She looked up and returned his smile, glad to have her worries unfounded.

Thanks." she said to him, before resting her head back on his chest and closing her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back