• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The ritual would take a while. From sundown until midnight. For such reason that she had informed the circle she would be gone for so long. And as much as she wanted to keep venting her frustration, she had to get started. She would just have to be angry later, as lack of focus now could be detrimental.

Finding a clearing, one with fresh dirt, she began. Circles, lines, and runes. Moving swiftly and gracefully, taking her time to make sure each stroke was precise. Pacing was important too... and though Hazel did not fashion herself a dancer, there were times her rituals may create such an illusion. Steps and spins, from one point to the next, odd in order to the casual observer, but to those of the arcane, deliberate.

Hazel new what she wanted. Information. That of the movements of the demon world. Unlikely they would be idle while superiors were ok the verge of release. Hazel needed to be a step ahead of them. To anticipate their moves. And to see what else might have escaped Malfeas. If only it were as simple as having a cup of tea and reading their leaves.

Enslavement, she decided upon. For it could then be that she could barter a more exuberant compliance with oathes of an early dismissal. To set it to task... what she needed was too vague, with no clear end. Such open ended tasks could lead to trouble.

Of the demons she knew, one came to mind as the candidate for such a trial. The Mahagibbor. Winged watchers of Malfeas. Ever spying, ever observant, ever astute. Little slips by them. But should they fail... there was another. But she would rather avoid such a thing invading her face holes just to get a bit of information... if she could help it. But such unpleasantness was par for the course. Hazel reached up and touched the corner of her ear. The tip having been chewed off reminded her well the risks, and such was a minor blunder. It would heal back at least, eventually.

The girl was not fond of the idea of working with demons. In fact she would have rather avoided it all together. Elementals were much more pleasant. Alas, having one around would incur the rather of her circle mates. Hmmph... she wasted all that time and energy learning things to help and it gets thrown back in her face.

No. Must not dwell on that now. She had a ritual to continue.

Toun extends an invite to Gwen if she wishes to join the hunt, but otherwise makes for the wilderness beyond their landing zone without delay. Using prior knowledge as a bit of a cheat, he dug through his prior memory of landing. The mental map had the distinct advantage of the eagle form's acute vision.

Using the last memories he had of disturbed underbrush, he picked a direction and stalked quietly through the woods for signs of the trail. The bigger the disturbance the better. Herds of mammoths or even a moose were bound to disrupt the mounds of snow that piled onto each of the coniferous trees that filled the northern wilds. Through these clues, he'd tail his quarry with motivated purpose, eager to fill the growing void in his stomach.

Spending a will on the hunting roll to prevent a botch.

6 Successes to hunt a large animal for food.

Moving silently through the snow and the sparse trees, Toun and Selket come across the tracks of a small herd of reindeer, numbering about one dozen strong. Reading the tracks, you can tell that they were made recently, and are not far away. Loping along after them, it does not take you long before you are able to get the reindeer in sight. A quick count of their numbers show you that there are actually only eleven of them, but that is plenty for you to be able to get some good quality meat.

How do you wish to approach the herd?

Barring any suggestions from Toun, Selket would look around for any trees or cliffs she could use to get the drop on the herd from above.

Toun didn't recall the shape of a prey animal he could use to calm the herd. Perhaps now was a chance to acquire the form of a stag. He wondered. "I'm going to see if I can snag the heart's blood of that buck over there. There should be plenty of meat left once the ritual is done. As with any herd of prey, the trick is the approach before the strike. Good luck."

For his own approach, he melted into his small yet lethal spirit shape. The dense white coat was just more pale fluff upon the ground. He padded slowly, softly upon the powdered ice, careful to stay within the miniature valleys of snow in the wake of the reindeers' passing. Getting underfoot was risky business, but Toun was confident and sharp with quick steps to stay on the move. Each fall of the hoove sounded like distant thunder in his ears. He threaded each deer's gait, making his way beneath the tide of food to his mark.

Back at the campsite, Hazel is busy with the summoning of the demon. As the ritual is completed, the feline sorceress is somewhat surprised at just how easy the spell is able to be cast, having expected that the whole thing would be harder. Must be an effect of the Shawl, working its power on the spell.

As midnight rolls around and the ritual is complete, the requested demon makes its appearance before you. With a slight bow, it says, "I have heard your call, Master, and I am here. What is it you wish of me?"

At the herd of reindeer, Toun and Selket are able to sneak up on the unsuspecting animals with relative ease. It is not a real big surprise, after all, you are Lunars, and are expert hunters. You are now ready to strike.

Once her quarry was close enough, Selket would drop down from the ridge she was clinging to the side of, her Ichneumon Blades on her arms as she fell towards one of the older male reindeer, intending to drive one of her blades through his brain, killing him quickly and painlessly.

(Hazel is not near the campsite. She is off on her own so as not to antagonize Two Mornings)

It was easy! The shawls powers must go well beyond what she had originally anticipated. But... she must not take it for granted. To cut corners because of its power was to invite disaster.

"Mahagibbor. You are bound to me for a year and a day." She stated firmly. "Tell me your name. For my duties for for you that will require your coming and going."

"First. Tell me the events of Malfeas. What do you know of the movements of your brethren demons? What are they preparing for? And does the Green Sun still grace the sky?" She asked.

The last question being to get an idea of if the green orb mentioned in the faes possession was Ligier.

"When I am done with you here, you will be to return to Malfeas and gather as much information as you can. Demons are on the move. And I wish to know what forces are mobilizing and how they intend to enter Creation if they haven't already. As well as who pulls the strings, and what is going on with the demons of the third circle."

"Swear to me your fervor and loyalty and discretion in completing these tasks, and in return I shall lessen your servitude to no longer than one month."

"Conditioned to that oath... should you satisfy the knowledge I seek, or you go above and beyond in your duty to me and i am thus pleased with your service, then I hearby swear that your service will end upon such moment. Be it two weeks, or one day."

Sherwood Sherwood

Toun leaped from the powdered bank of snow he used for concealment. His jaws latched onto the buck's chest. He heaved the beast down and to his left suddenly, tearing the herbivore off it's balance. He pressed down on it with an icy paw and went for the killing strike with yet another bite to the jugular.

Ordinary foxes wouldn't have the might to wrest such decisive control over large prey's movements, but the Ice Walker retained enough essence and innate power in this form to put it to strategic use. Once he was sure his prey would not survive, he returned to his human state. He pulled a knife from his belt and ended the creature's pain. Then he made his incision to the chest cavity and claimed the heartsblood for his kill.

"Mahagibbor. You are bound to me for a year and a day." She stated firmly. "Tell me your name. For my duties for for you that will require your coming and going."

"First. Tell me the events of Malfeas. What do you know of the movements of your brethren demons? What are they preparing for? And does the Green Sun still grace the sky?" She asked.
The demon's expression is unreadable as you tell it this news. Then, it finally says, "I understand, Master. I am Scarath, and as you have called me, so shall I serve you. Malfias is as it always is, but many of our number have been called forth to Creation, including several members of the Third Circle. Liger's light still shines in the sky, but his avatar is no longer in Malfias. He is one of the host that now lies in Creation in the service of his own Master." Scarath falls silent then, waiting for the order to return to Malfias on its mission to gather information on the events transpiring in the demon realm.

Out on the hunt, Toun and Selket have both brought down their prey, and now have new forms to be able to take, along with a pair of large reindeer that can be hauled back to the campsite and carved up for fresh meat.

Back at the camp, Rocky is staring quietly into the fire, slowly feeding twigs into the crackling flames. What is Two Mornings and Gwendolyn doing at this point?

Hazel nodded. So there were more... it was as she suspected. "Aside from Liger, what others are in creation? And do you know who his and their masters are?" She asked.

"As well, give me clarification on whether you are taking the oaths or not." She asked, tilting her head with narrowed eyes.

"Addition to your task, see if you can find out how many have left Malfeas, and how they are coming to creation in such numbers."

Should the answers be provided, and she deemed him of no other current worth, she would dismiss him back to Malfeas where to fulfill his duty.

Sherwood Sherwood

After taking a moment to try out her new form, which largely consisted of her prancing around and acting like a doe in heat for no other reason than to tease Toun, Selket would go back to being a human and pick up the reindeer she killed, carrying it over her shoulders back to the camp.

"Hope no-one's eaten yet." she said, dropping the dead reindeer close to the fire before looking around to see who else was at the camp, and what they were up to.

Last edited:
Hazel nodded. So there were more... it was as she suspected. "Aside from Liger, what others are in creation? And do you know who his and their masters are?" She asked.

"As well, give me clarification on whether you are taking the oaths or not." She asked, tilting her head with narrowed eyes.

"Addition to your task, see if you can find out how many have left Malfeas, and how they are coming to creation in such numbers."

Should the answers be provided, and she deemed him of no other current worth, she would dismiss him back to Malfeas where to fulfill his duty.

Sherwood Sherwood
The demon looks at Hazel and says, "Along with Liegier, Erembour has been summoned, and Ericor. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only Third Circle demons in Creation. There are several Second Circle demons that have been called up, and a large host of the First Circle, numbering in the thousands." Scarath shifts a bit uncomfortably, then says, "I will swear your oaths, but know that once I am sent back to Malfias, I am still subject to many masters, along with the possibility that another sorcerer will summon me forth once more and make me subject to their orders."

Hazel nodded somberly as she took in the information.

Finally she spoke again. "I understand, Scarath. But know the oaths are sacred. Tied to the laws of reality itself. Breaking them brings dire consequences, of which i know you are aware. Regardless of the consequences of your freedom, I shall hold to them without fail. But such is the risk of consorting with demons."

She paused, thinking. "Though. If you desire for an extended service, in creation instead. I do offer the more dangerous task, of seeking the information of the demon hordes here in creation. In return for the service, you will be rewarded with a pristine cadaver for you to exploit, as well as time for your liesure and mischief in creation itself for the remainder of your service when my work for you is done. And mayhaps, even, freedom to remain in creation without a master."

"I am a merciful and generous taskmistress, Scarath. But take advantage... and punishment from me will be worse than any master in Malfeas can conjure, followed by the utter erasure of your existence, past present and future."

"Decide which path to follow. Choose your boon of swift release or prize and freedom. Swear the oath by the power of your given name. Do so, and you may carry out your task post haste. And when I call your name, you shall hear me and return."

Sherwood Sherwood

Scarath nods in apparent understanding. "Yes, Master. I so swear to faithfully serve you to the best of my ability, gathering information for you in the halls of Malfias. When you call once more, I will return to speak with you of what I have learned." As far as Hazel can tell, the demon is being quite sincere and is not attempting to wriggle out of the oath that you are asking of it.

Selket's playfulness invoked a hearty chuckle from the Northman. He heaved his kill over his shoulder in a manner he hoped wouldn't leave bloody trails or bloody stains in his coat.

When they arrived at camp Toun merely added to his lover's announcement, "Either way, there's plenty for everyone to eat as much as they want." He pulled a large knife from his coat and began skinning and gutting his prey prior to roasting it over the fire.

Hazel nodded to the demon, seemingly satisfied. "Go now." She commanded, and after Scarath had departed, she would scrub away the circle from the dirt to remove her traces of being here and doing such a summon.

It was late, and she was tired, and she was hungry. She sighed to herself as she knew she had to return back to camp and those therein. Thankfully her anger was out of steam for the time being. The summoning was a distraction enough. And so long as she didnt think about Two Mornings, she could keep it that way. And it was a shame that she would have to conduct these events in private from now on. Would make it difficult to summon the hound. But perhaps in the morning, she would stay behind, then just catch up in raiton form.

When Hazel did drag herself back into the camp, she spoke immediately. "Circle mates, foul news I bring."

"Consorted with a demon, I have. And new information has come to light." She revealed. A dangerous thing to do alone, but options were limited to keep the peace. And danger wasnt about to stop her.

"We know of Erembour. And I have confirmation that Ligier is in creation. Yet still, one more has been revealed to us. Ericor. More over, a number of demons of the second circle have been brought to creation, as well as thousands of lesser demons. They are being summoned into creation by the droves."

"I have set a demon to service in gathering more information. Malfeans have already mobilized here. Once I learn more, I will let you know."

With her announcement concluded, she went to go sit beside herself near the fire to warm back up from her time spent out there.

When Hazel approached the fire, the Ice Walker merely held up a steaming deer leg that had been roasting on the fire as an offering to the likely tired witch. While he was unable to speak simply from the game he was currently eating his face clearly said "There's plenty for you too, y'know. I'm not about to let you starve."

Once she had finished her debrief he had a mind to cease long enough to speak, "Well, can't say that's much of a surprise really. We knew this wasn't going to be easy already, but it's nice to know you've got more means to ferret out information." Perhaps the specific demons present would be more of a surprise, but Toun's utter lack of understanding when it came to occult matters led him to expect the worst. One additional world ending demon didn't seem to drastically alter the odds. At least, not in terms he could currently comprehend.

The sensation of hunger presented itself savagely. As she had not regularly eaten since her training had begun with Raksi. She took the leg, and immediately began eating.

Between mouthfuls she spoke again, "Safe, it would be, to assume that more will come. Whomever is bringing these demons to light, will not likely cease. But we will need to find these demons in creation itself." She stated, pausing to eat some more. Knowledge here could really turn the tide. To anticipate the malfeans... or even stop the ones from bringing in more. More spies she would send, but she wasnt about to announce that.

She swallowed and continued. "However, with what we are dealing with..." she leaned in towards Toun to whisper. "I may need to attempt something more daring. To command one of the second circle could prove invaluable to us in this. But such is a task I can not do alone, should the binding fail." she told him discreetly. Because should the binding fail... she'd be at the demons mercy.

Gwen sits up from the spot that she had picked out to sleep at and says, "No real surprise about the numbers of demons. Those Realm Dragon Blooded did say that they were facing off against a large number of them when they made the dash and grab of Erembour. In any case, lets get back to the Valley and see if the Shawl is all it is supposed to be." With that, the sleepy Lunar rolls back over and tries to get some sleep.

Still thinking himself caught in the middle he was rather caught off guard by Hazel's confidence and smiled by reflex. He gave her a one armed hug, trying not to disturb her eating too much but still grateful for the gesture. He merely whispered, "Of course I'll help."

He believed if he had said any more he might insult her. She never appeared to like when he attempted to help or interfere in preventing tensions from escalating. To hear her even imply a request for help at this point almost seemed like high praise.

With Gwen turning in at this point, Toun volunteered for first watch. The energy of the enhanced hearthstone dulled his aches and shrugged off fatigue in the place of rest, mostly. Eventually, he too would trade off watch for a brief escape to the realm of sleep.

"I'll help you as well." said Selket, smiling at Hazel.

After Toun volunteered to take the first watch, Selket would offer to stand watch after him. "You just wake me when you want some sleep." she said to the northerner. Having said that, she would set up her bedroll next to Gwen, and try to get some shut-eye.

With the rising of the sun, it is clear and bright out, the start of another pleasant day.

Are you heading back to see Raksi, or are you guys going straight to the Valley to see One Tusk and deal with the bound Erembour?

Hazel was actually a but astonished about Touns support in the matter. He had half expected him to tell her it was too dangerous or ambitious, or some other manner of objection. But he didn't. And she knew she would feel a lot safer doing such a deed with the support of him and her circle behind her. She nodded to both of them, thankful.

As she finished eating, "I can take a watch as well." She offered. Everyone being asleep could give her some time to work things out with the mastiff spirit without interference.

Though! When she did finally fall asleep, she was knocked out like a log. No dreams, just fatigue relieving, willpower giving, deep sleep. Would likely not be all that useful for watch duty. (Cause I got to recover my WP... I think I only have like... 2 left)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back