• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rocky looks over at Two Mornings and says, "Hey. Don't feel so bad. I was only useful because of years of training on how to cast that spell. Its not like I'm a skilled fighter the way you are; without my magic I don't have much in the way offensive ability. But you did prove to be useful, by helping to keep the giants off balance."

When Gwen examines the sword in more detail, you can see that yes, the hilt is made of blue jade, but the blade itself is made of ice. As you hold it, you can tell that the sword is well balanced, but it does feel heavy, like you bow did before you attuned yourself to it.

The sword is indeed an artifact weapon, and once you put the Essence into it, you can feel that the blade has the following properties:

Attunement: 5m
Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced
Hearthstone slot(s): 1
Era: Unknown

"You're not the only one who feels that way." Selket called out, though there was a smile on her face, and she sounded a bit more cheery about it. "I think it's safe to say that battling giant monsters isn't exactly my specialty. I'm more of a 'sneak around and stab people in their sleep' woman."
Rocky looks over at Two Mornings and says, "Hey. Don't feel so bad. I was only useful because of years of training on how to cast that spell. Its not like I'm a skilled fighter the way you are; without my magic I don't have much in the way offensive ability. But you did prove to be useful, by helping to keep the giants off balance."

"I guess." She keeps leaning into her boyfriend.

The spirit looks at Hazel, and replies, "I am Grond, and I am bound to the statue in your hand by ancient magics. I am a skilled tracker, able to follow a scent for hundreds of miles to find the object of my hunt. In the past, I have served as mount and bodyguard. It is up to you, Noble Witch Hazel, how I will serve you. Each time I am released, I am freed for up to twenty four hours before I am forced back into the statue, needing another infusion of Essence to free me."
Hazel nodded, "Your services will be invaluable to us, mighty hound. We are most honored to have you. But alas, for you I have no clear query."

She thought. "But, be it tracking, if you could gleam an idea where these giants came from, it would be most helpful."

"We are in a hurry and can not linger here. So i shall leave you to your devices for this task. Should their trail lead you too far that you feel your 24 hours will be spent in vain, then cease. You are to gather information and not engage unless you are certain of victory."

"Should you cease the trail, take the rest of the day to do as you please. Time spent in the air, a stretching of legs after a long rest in your effigy. I shall summon you on the morrow to hear what you have found if anything. "

"But before we leave, do you have a name?" She asked inquisitively.

Toun sat down close to Selket and Two Mornings. He was a bit concerned his words might make things worse, yet he didn't like the prospect of being helpless to ease the concerns of his circle. "Given that we were taken nearly by surprise by giants... I think it's fair to say we all could have done better if that had gone differently. I was completely unprepared to take them on, and I was starting to sweat how much essence I was bleeding just to try and keep up. You all did very well at keeping level heads, picking your shots and playing like a team. I can't really say I felt like I did."

Toun tapped at the side of his head. "Up here, the battle seemed very different than what played out at first. It was all haste, anger, and a frantic effort to keep them from breaking past the front line. I poured out most of what I had just to keep them occupied and focused. My power has its uses but it also has its limits. That fight pushed me very close to what could be comfortably managed. Any more and some of us could have been in real danger. For now, perhaps we should consider what we learned about our weaknesses and tactics. I'm sure we can find a way to adapt better, or faster in some cases."

Selket hadn't bothered with the gemstones and jade coin. She'd never been one to rely on material wealth in the past, and she could always rely on Gwen for that sort of thing, or so she thought.

As Toun came over and spoke to her and Two Mornings, Selket gave him a look of appreciation for his attempt to cheer them up, even if in her case, the desert barbarian didn't feel she needed it.

"I sometimes forget that even we have our limits on what we can do." she remarked, a little surprised to hear how much he'd pushed himself in that battle. But then again, he had transformed into a giant wolf-monster during it.

"Yeah, I'd have preferred to fight somewhere with plenty of hiding spots, from which I could attack unseen, and give my foe less time to react." she then said. "But given that these three started the fight, I suppose the field of battle couldn't be helped. Not to mention that I don't have a means of attacking at range, which doesn't help when your opponent's vitals are many feet up in the air."

Then her smile became a little awkward, yet also amused. "Speaking of that, I hope you didn't mind me using you as a springboard earlier."

Two Mornings breathes out deeply, not quite a sigh.

"Hound!" She speaks past Toun and the others to the spirit Hazel is conversing with, "If the Effigy was destroyed, would you be freed of your servitude?"

Hazel protectively shoves the effigy into her mysterious labyrinthian pockets. "You shall do no such thing, Two-Mornings. Great anger of mine you would then inspire." Hazel said, staring daggers at the girl for even daring to hint at such a thing.

Hazel narrowed her eyes at the girl. So that was how she wanted to play. Then fine. Apparently people forgot that the Sorceress was quite capable of being vindictive.

"Answer her not, mighty hound. Pretend she does not exist. Give her not even the time of day." Hazel commanded.

Would Hazel talk about freedom to the hound? Yeah, probably. But with spite taking over, there was no way she'd give Two Mornings the pleasure.

Two Mornings shifts her gaze slowly to Hazel, and for the first time Hazel will see Two Mornings look at her with pure, unadulterated, HATRED in her eyes.

"If you want to be a slaver then I can treat you like one." Two Mornings says flatly, metaphorical venom dripping from her mouth.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, you two." Selket said with all the authority she could muster, getting up and moving to stand between the two women, lest one of them charge the other.

Earlier... Toun didn't seem to think anything of Selket springing off of him. He shrugged. "It was a bit surprising, but it's not like you injured me or anything."

When the threats started flying, Toun gave Selket an empathetic look with a sigh, rubbing his eyes to vent frustration. Neither of the two sides was in the right here as far as the Ice Walker was concerned.

"I'm not going to tolerate any more threats to other members of the circle, so shut your mouth before the rest of us has to do it for you. That's both of you. Antagonizing your pack siblings to this point is also unacceptable. We have a war to fight and the stakes are much higher than the immediate comfort of a damned magic gold nugget or building a stash of treasure. So stow it until our job's done."

Last edited:
Rocky puts his hand on his girlfriend's shoulder.

For her part, Two Mornings closes her eyes and breathes in and out several times. When she opens them again she looks at Hazel not with hatred, but with disappointment.

"Don't be so quick to embrace slavery. Owning another person is an evil thing."

The threat of violence appears to have passed.

So for such a petty thing Two Mornings is willing to turn on her. The hatred she saw resonated with the cat. Resenting the expression. Resenting two mornings.

She cast a look at Toun, "A mere trinket this is not. And its value is that of helping our success." She half hissed.

When her gaze met back with Two Mornings, her own feelings did not diminish.

Her eyes went from her, to Rocky, then back to Two Mornings.

"Is that so? Then thine own's blindness hinders your credibility. Easy it is to disregard what isnt convenient. And your understanding of spirits and magic is as lacking as that of your understanding of purpose and desire. Your tongue speaks of nothing of value." Hazel turned her back on Two Mornings, a simple gesture of rejection

She turned to look at Toun, still being in a foul mood, but keeping it together enough to try to be reasonably polite to others. "Make yourself ready then, brother Toun, so that we can make haste."

During the various exchanges between the Exalts in front of it, the hound is silent. Then, it says to Hazel, "To answer your earlier question, I am Grond." It glances over at Two Mornings, then says to Hazel, "I do not know what would happen to me if the statue was destroyed. I was placed in there as a part of my punishment for crimes in the past, crimes against the Unconquered Sun that I was a part of. It was either this, or to be destroyed completely. I chose this, as a way to still exist."

As you talk, the snow begins to fall harder, as if it were trying to cover up the bodies of the fallen giants and hide their presence in this place.

Gwen is torn between two friends, wanting to keep both of them from attacking one another. She lets out a sigh of relief when she sees that open hostilities are not about to break out. "Well now. That was . . . interesting . . . to say the least. Lets try to put this all behind us and move on. Toun, when will you have the energy to travel? I feel that the sooner we get on the move, the better."

"On a unrelated note, would anyone mind if I claimed this ice bladed sword? I have no melee weapon of note, and there are times that a bow is not the ideal weapon to use."

Gwen is torn between two friends, wanting to keep both of them from attacking one another. She lets out a sigh of relief when she sees that open hostilities are not about to break out. "Well now. That was . . . interesting . . . to say the least. Lets try to put this all behind us and move on. Toun, when will you have the energy to travel? I feel that the sooner we get on the move, the better."

"On a unrelated note, would anyone mind if I claimed this ice bladed sword? I have no melee weapon of note, and there are times that a bow is not the ideal weapon to use."

Two Mornings gives Gwen a thumbs up.

Hazel frowns at the hound irritatedly, "I asked you not speak on the matter, yet you did anyway. I suppose I should expect that you follow orders from anyone aside from the one that has given you the essence. Is this a safe assumption to make? Because easy it would then be for you to turn us." She said with not a very happy tone. Sure, the other were keen to be happy now... Hazel was not.

"And Toun is a strong and endurant one. Upon proper configuration of the Hearthstones, much energy will flow into his veins. A nigh unending well of stamina for him to make use of as he pleased. Though I would like it back when the flight is done. Keep it in store we must should any of us be hurt or tired. And too big it is to just lug around."

Toun gave Selket an empathetic look with a sigh, rubbing his eyes to vent frustration. Neither of the two sides was in the right here as far as the Ice Walker was concerned.

"I'm not going to tolerate any more threats to other members of the circle, so shut your mouth before the rest of us has to do it for you. That's both of you. Antagonizing your pack siblings to this point is also unacceptable. We have a war to fight and the stakes are much higher than the immediate comfort of a damned magic gold nugget or building a stash of treasure. So stow it until our job's done."

Selket winced a little from Toun's response, having not expected him to react quite so coldly.

"Go ahead. I've no use for it , and I'd hate to see your pretty self get scarred in battle." replied Selket, giving Gwen an impish little smile.

Hazel frowns at the hound irritatedly, "I asked you not speak on the matter, yet you did anyway. I suppose I should expect that you follow orders from anyone aside from the one that has given you the essence. Is this a safe assumption to make? Because easy it would then be for you to turn us." She said with not a very happy tone. Sure, the other were keen to be happy now... Hazel was not.
Grond bows his head, "My apologies, Noble Exalt. I will not speak out of turn again."

"I'm ready to leave if everyone else is." said Selket, before casting a worried look towards Hazel, Two Mornings and Grond, doubtful that Two Mornings would take such behavior from Hazel lying down, given her hatred of slavery.

"It is about following direction. Not speaking out of turn. I can not use you for sensitive matters if I can not trust you. Purpose I can give to your existence, a way for you to right the wrongs you committed, as well as protect you from those who see not the dilemma of many spirits. But the question I need answered."

"Grond, do you take orders from the one who feeds you the essence? Or any exalt who puts forth a command?"

"Once I have your answer. Go fulfill the task I gave you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back