• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Can I tell how old the map is? Is it recent, or does it show signs of being old? Also, Gwen is used to handling money; do the coins and gemstones show signs of weathering, or are they new?
Give me a Int + Lore roll to try and get some info on these.

Int + Lore roll

7 successes
The coins are all freshly minted. You can tell that by the stamp on them, so you know that they are quite new. The gemstones are harder to date, since they don't have any of the same marks on them the way that the coins do. The map is on a old piece of hide, but the ink does not show signs of fading, weathering or cracking from age. If you were to be forced to place a bet, you would say that it was freshly made.

Int + Occult

2 successes
While you are not certain what kind of stone it is exactly, you can tell that it is a Wood aspect one, and is not overly powerful. Probably just a Standard level stone.

One way to find out some things!

With the hearthstone slot empty by lending Toun her stone of the shield sister.... the hierophants eye would not be active.

Hazel would slot the egg sized stone into Nocturn... to see if it would resonate with the Eye. Should reveal some of the nature of its flows depending on if the Eye works again.

And to see what effects may happen or she might feel with it in an attuned weapon.

Hazel can feel that the stone is quiet, probably needing some Essence to attune it to her. With the commitment of a mote, you can feel the flows of Essence align themselves to you. As it does so, you can feel the change come over you as the effects of the stone are now active.

Stone of Resilient Bamboo
Wood, Standard
This stone gleams the pale green of young bamboo leaves. When its bearer sockets it in an attuned artifact and commits one mote, it helps shrug off minor injuries. She adds two to her soak, can parry lethal attacks unarmed without a stunt, and halves healing times for bashing damage.

Plugging the egg out of Nocturn she looked at it curiously. What a lucky find! "An amulet for those who feel their hide may not hold true." Hazel stated as she fitted the egg back where she had gotten it from. "And for those who often get harmed, like the wellness orb, it will stimulate recovery of minor wounds." She announced, setting it aside for the others.

The dog thing looked like an odd thing for a giant to carry around. Hazel reaches to touch it, to see if she recognizes any of its flows, and to see if any essence poured in would have any effect.

Inspecting the mastiff. If I may.

Please give me an Int + Lore roll for the statue. Or you can just try to put some Essence into it and see what happens.

Dice

3 successes.

If could tell nothing, or it feels safe, she would attempt to try putting motes into it.

As Hazel examines the dog statue, her magic knowledge gives her the hint that this is some kind of containment device for some sort of spirit, similar in nature to a Yassal Crystal. You would guess that this has a spirit bound inside it in a more permanent manner than the simple Crystal does, and the statue can the be used to control the spirit that is linked to it.

Do you wish to put Essence into it to verify your conclusions?

With the battle over, Selket would sit herself down on the leg of one of the dead monsters, and watch as Hazel examined the Orichalcum statue.

While Hazel appraises the statue Toun opts to claim the loot from his kill.

[His armor already had his other hearthstones slotted so the dependent tag should be easily satisfied. As far as I know dependent doesn't dictate what type the other hearthstone is so long as it doesn't also have the dependent tag.]

Two Mornings will sit down on the monster corpse next to Selket. She hasn't killed anything today, and so can claim nothing.

Rocky may notice her brooding.

After Hazel puts 10m into the statue, a light mist can be seen coming out of it, and it coalesces into a massive dog the size of a Clydesdale horse. It looks over at Hazel, and says, "I am called forth once more? And by a new Master, none the less." It looks you over as it sits down on its haunches, then says, "It has been some time since I have been released. Tell me, O Noble Exalt, what is my target to hunt for you today?"

Little by little. She fed essence into the hungry statue. Purpose made it must be to draw so much power.

But still, even as the spirit materialized she was quite surprised by what appeared. She shouldnt have been... a giant dog was the most logical thing that should have appeared. But it was odd. Should this have been in the giants arsenal, why did they have it and it was not used against the circle?

"I am Witch Hazel, mighty hound. My intent not being to offend, I knew not what your effigy was, so I regret to say that of this moment I have no hunt for for you. Inquiries, I have, should you do me the honor of honoring me. Who and what are you, i must ask, and what is it that you can do?" She asked.

The spirit looks at Hazel, and replies, "I am Grond, and I am bound to the statue in your hand by ancient magics. I am a skilled tracker, able to follow a scent for hundreds of miles to find the object of my hunt. In the past, I have served as mount and bodyguard. It is up to you, Noble Witch Hazel, how I will serve you. Each time I am released, I am freed for up to twenty four hours before I am forced back into the statue, needing another infusion of Essence to free me."

As the hound talks, Rocky goes over to sit down next to Two Mornings. He puts his arm around your shoulders and pulls you close, saying, "I can see that you are troubled. What's wrong?"

Aranfan Aranfan

As the hound talks, Rocky goes over to sit down next to Two Mornings. He puts his arm around your shoulders and pulls you close, saying, "I can see that you are troubled. What's wrong?"

Aranfan Aranfan

The Redhead leans into her boyfriend, "I just feel like I didn't do anything in that fight." She mutters, "I might as well not have been there for all the difference I made."

The Redhead leans into her boyfriend, "I just feel like I didn't do anything in that fight." She mutters, "I might as well not have been there for all the difference I made."

"You're not the only one who feels that way." Selket called out, though there was a smile on her face, and she sounded a bit more cheery about it. "I think it's safe to say that battling giant monsters isn't exactly my specialty. I'm more of a 'sneak around and stab people in their sleep' woman."

Gwen is still standing with Hazel as they examine the various items. She is amazed at the sight of the enchanted statue, and now wonders about the ice bladed sword. What powers does this hold? Where did the giants get these wondrous items?

Taking up the blade, she takes her time in examining it. The hearthstone slot on its hilt indicates that it is an artifact-esque weapon. Is it made of any of the magical materials?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back