• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With the monster she was stood on sliced in two all of a sudden, Selket was forced to jump and roll as both halves toppled to the ground. Getting back to her feet, she jumped up and grabbed hold of the armor near the small of Monster 3's back, before stabbing at where she judged the base of his spine to be.

[Decisive attack on Monster 3. 12 dice from Decisive Attack pool + 4 from Dex Excellency + 2 from Stunt. 8 successes.]

jaydude jaydude you hit your mark. Go ahead and roll your damage.

Round 5
32 - [Toun]
20 - Selket <====
13 - Gwen
11 - Hazel - 11 SM
11 - Two Mornings

10 - Rocky
8 - Monster 2 - wounded
0 - Monster 1
-1 - Monster 3

Round 6
9 - Toun

Selket hits her mark hard, but doesn't do as much damage as Toun did. The giant is still alive, but hurt.

Psychie Psychie is up

Round 5
32 - [Toun]
20 - [Selket]
13 - Gwen <====
11 - Hazel - 11 SM
11 - Two Mornings

10 - Rocky
8 - Monster 2 - wounded
0 - Monster 1
-1 - Monster 3 - wounded

Round 6
9 - Toun
3 - Selket

Seeing that the remaining two giants are hurt, Gwen will go ahead and try a Decisive attack against Monster 2.
Spending 5m on Dex Excellency, and a Willpower point to get the auto success.

Total of 12 successes to hit.

Hybrid Body Transformation and Fleet Gazelle Exercise both active

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7 / 5

Essence: 2
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42 (31) / 19
Committed: 11

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 5
Evasion: 6 +1 From Fleet Gazelle Exercise
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Natural Soak: 3 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 8 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)

Weapon Damage
Moonlit Huntress (Moonsilver Powerbow)
Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

This time, when Gwen fires her arrow, the barbed shaft pierces the damaged armor of the giant and plunges deep into its heart. With a odd look on its face, it falls over, leaving only the one monster left.

D. Rex D. Rex is up with Hazel.

Round 5
32 - [Toun]
20 - [Selket]
13 - [Gwen]
11 - Hazel - 11 SM <====
11 - Two Mornings

10 - Rocky
8 - Monster 2
0 - Monster 1

-1 - Monster 3 - wounded

Round 6
9 - Toun
3 - Selket
3 - Gwen

With the monsters falling left and right, now seemed to be the time.

Running past Toun, she hopped up into the body of the fallen monster (1) and raised Nocturn to take aim at the one that tried to flee. (3) "Thou started it. Finish it, we shall!" Said the cat, brave in her sides advantage.

She pulled the trigger, a loud "crack" followed by Nocturns signature blend of white peppered black fire came hurtling out one more to engulf the monster.

Her shadow, no longer idle, prepared to cast its incendiary spell. For the firebird to build upon Nocturns own flames!

2 motes to flurry shape sorcery
10 motes for dex excellencey

+2 stunting

Withering attack, 9 successes

Shape sorcery (look at all them 10s!)
+8sm (+14 if 10s double!)

Flight of the Brilliant Raptor ready to cast.

The Withering attack hits with 3 successes. Its soak is 18L. Go ahead and roll damage, and I'll let you add your successes to your Initiative pool for the Sorcery attack.

Withering damage Nocturn (Overwhelming 5)

Flight of the Brilliant Raptor Attack
(Unblockable)
9 successes

You add 4 to your Initiative pool for your damage with the Flight of the Brilliant Raptor. Go ahead and roll.

Between the two blasts of flame, one from your firewand, the other from the spell, the giant monster man is engulfed in fire. It screams in agony as its flesh is seared from the bones, and the creature turns and stumbles away a few steps, then collapses in the snow.

Moving out of combat time.

For the moment, it is quiet now, and everyone gets another 3xp and 1 Lunar xp. I'll update the totals in the Character thread.

Toun searches the corpses for any signs of what these giants truly were and why they were here. A group like this surely implied some sort of organization, Toun certainly never heard tales of giants roaming in groups.

If nothing else he'd inspect the weapons, possibly pocketing them for later use.

Hazels stands on the body, looking over her handiwork. The shadow from the fire shading her face ominously. "The fools..."

"Whoever they are, maybe it coincides with our mission? Or, brother Toun, are such attacks normal in your land." She asked, worrying a force attempting to stop them has found them somehow.

"Regardless. Time is something we must not wait. A great distance we must travel yet."

While Toun searched the bodies, Hazel busied herself removing her shield tree hearthstone, and pulling the oversized gem of wellness from a pocket that should not have held it, and held them up high. "For your armor, brother!" She called up at Touns massive form.

The towering Lunar pressed the oversized Hearthstone into a slot on his pauldron and let the fatigue begin to wash away. He'd need all the help he could get to get back home in time to prevent disaster. "Thanks Hazel. I'll need the energy after a fight like this..."

He turned to Two Mornings and Selket who had asked earlier, "I can't say for certain what they are. Roaming fae and monsters are common plagues in various parts of the north. I hear in some places, it's damn near suicide for a traveler to leave the safety of the road. Where I grew up, however, is not one of them. We had the freedom to stalk our quarry in the wilds. Plenty of free time to kill each other too. Not a lot of people really think about how bad the feuds between Ice Walker tribes really is and was before Bull of the North rallied enough true northmen to bloody the Realm's nose. As for these miserable heaps, I wager that they were ordered to interfere in our efforts to take down the Fae's plot given that they are conveniently here grouped together like this at such a coincidental moment. Whatever devilry these mongrels are up to is giving them sight far beyond their eyes." As Toun finished picking spoils off his kill and the remains of the other giants and turned back to the pack. "Is there anything else before we leave?"

[ Sherwood Sherwood what do we find on them?]

(Both hearthsones together will be required for the wellness effect. As the gem of wellness requires it to be with another hearthstone of a certain type)

When Toun examines the bodies, you find several things of potential interest.

Between the three giants, there are enough gemstones and jade coin to equal Resources 3.
There is a sword that looks like its blade is crafted from ice, but it is as hard as steel. It is sized for a normal person, and there is a socket for a hearthstone in the hilt.
Around the neck of Monster 1, there is a giant sized hearthstone amulet, and in the amulet is a pale green stone the size of an egg; most likely a hearthstone.
In a dirty pouch on the hip of Monster 1 is a golden orichalcum statue of a mastiff, about eight inches long from snout to the tip of the tail.
Finally, you find a rolled up piece of hide that has a map of the area, with a dot indicating the location of the Tomb that you just came out of.

Based in Geomancy specialty, would Hazel recognize the hearthstone, or be able to deduce what it can do?

Gwen settles down on the snowy ground next to Toun and the pile of loot that he's pulled off of the bodies. The money and gemstones are of minimal interest to her; after all, she has bank accounts with the Guild and is quite well off. The sword is a curiosity, but her melee skill is hardly the equal of her archery ability. Perhaps as a back-up weapon? Hmm. Then there is the golden hound. That has her interest, and she carefully picks it up and examines it closer.

"I wonder what this is," she muses out loud. "It is not like a craftsman to go through the efforts of making a statue out of orichalcum when there are many other precious metals that are much easier to work with. This has to be a artifact of some sort."

Then her attention turns to the map. That has the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end. "This is a bit troubling. Someone has made this map up, probably in order to help these three to find us. I am not liking this at all."
Can I tell how old the map is? Is it recent, or does it show signs of being old? Also, Gwen is used to handling money; do the coins and gemstones show signs of weathering, or are they new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back