• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern lucid casting cs

eclipsa

faerie sightings

scroll.

lucid casting

C
haracter
sheet

ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED!
if characters would not answer them in dialogue you can answer them in the writing instead!

what is your name?
what is your gender?
what is your sexuality?
what is your age?
what is your birthday?
what house were you sorted into?
what year student are you?
do you have a pet?
what is your patronus?
where were you born?
where do you live now?
do you like it there?
do you want to leave?
do you have a job?
are you in a relationship?
how tall are you?
what do you see when you look in the mirror?
are your parents still alive?
do/did you love them?
do/did they love you?
who are you closest to?
for what would you betray them?
have you ever been betrayed?
what does revenge look like to you?
do you have any regrets?
do you have any aspirations?
do you like yourself?
are you important?
do you have any trauma?
what secrets do you keep?
have you committed any crimes?
do you have any hobbies?
what things do you like?
what things do you dislike?
what do you most desire?
what do you dream about?
what do you wish was different?
do you have any physical ailments?
do you have any mental ailments?
what are you good at?
what are you bad at?
what good things have you done?
what bad things have you done?
what do you have in your bag?
what are you afraid of?
is there such a thing as too much power?
are monsters made or born?
what defines a monster?
could you be a monster?
do you sleep with a light on?
are you afraid?
do you think you’re ready?
choose only one: flashlight, map, tent.
choose only one: loneliness, pain, despair.
choose only one: life or death.

coded by xayah.ღ

+ FOLLOW
✉️
ruby
@rubyslippers
why are you here. what do you want.
2 following 293 followers
TWEETS
TWEETS & REPLIES
MEDIA

running away, cutting and bleaching my hair, and petting my cat didn’t solve my trauma what now

ruby @rubyslippers

what is your name?​
“ruby calliope stallard.”

what is your gender?​
“uhh, girl.”

what is your sexuality?​
“bisexual.”

what is your age?​
“19.” there was a tightness to her voice, as if it was hard for her to keep herself calm as she tried to answer the questions. there was so much stirring beneath the surface, she had to be careful not to reveal it.

what is your birthday?​
“october 25.”

what house were you sorted into?​
“slytherin.”

what year student are you?​
“first. i took a gap year.” that was one way to say it.

do you have a pet?​
“a cat named ginger.”

what is your patronus?​
“a cat.”

where were you born?​
“some shit hole town in the great state of ohio.” thinking of it made her skin crawl. she was nauseous. she hated thinking about that god forsaken town, and it’s residents.

where do you live now?​
“the hogwarts dorms now, finally.”

do you like it there?​
“what i’ve seen’s fine. better than back across the pond.” the sarcasm bled from her tongue like a poison.

do you want to leave?​
“no? the fuck. i need a diploma or whatever these places give out.”

do you have a job?​
“i’ve been waitressing.”

are you in a relationship?​
pain flashed through her eyes for a moment. “no.” her fingers gripped the arms of her chair until her knuckles turned white. then she relaxed, unbothered yet again.

how tall are you?​
“5’10. i don’t fucking know the centimeters so figure it out yourself.”

what do you see when you look in the mirror?​
a horrible reminder of what she had done. a horrible reminder of who she left behind. a horrible reminder of what had been done to her. the face of the mother she had only seen in photographs. she didn’t say any of that. “my kitchen scissor haircut, mostly.”

are your parents still alive?​
“mom died before we were even delivered, dad’s still kicking.” unfortunately.

do you love them?​
her jaw clenched and unclenched. her eyes lost all emotion as she smiled and breathed, “of course.”

do they love you?​
“maybe too much.” the emptiness was in her voice now.

who are you closest to?​
“i was closest to jasper, my twin brother, before i left.” him for dead.

for what would you betray them?​
she was silent. she already had betrayed him, and for nothing he caused on his own. and now he was gone. and she felt the emptiness of his being gone every day. it was her fault. “nothing.”

have you ever been betrayed?​
“no.” everything her father had ever done to her was a betrayal. her mother abandoning her had been a betrayal. betrayal soaked every inch of her life. she would never admit to that.

what does revenge look like to you?​
him not breathing anymore. him in the ground. him taking the hit, not jasper. him writhing in pain for hours, her face seared into his eyes, her voice filling his mind, her pain blanketing every nerve ending on his fucking body. “i wouldn’t know, i have no reason to seek it.”

do you have any regrets?​
“what’s the point in regret?” not killing him. she thought to herself. the pain on her brother’s face before he fell adding another regret. it should have never been him. it was supposed to be her.

do you have any aspirations?​
“making it through school for now.”

do you like yourself?​
“does anyone?”

are you important?​
“no.”

do you have any trauma?​
“i have a dead mom that i technically killed. well, jasper and i.”

what secrets do you keep?​
her heart was racing, yet she remained conscious of her expression. blank. empty. “i’m an open book.”

have you committed any crimes?​
“no.” she was a good liar.

do you have any hobbies?​
“cutting my own hair, apparently.” her laugh was almost believable. “i play piano, paint, draw, and read.”

what things do you like?​
“cats. art. the night sky from the country. that was the only good thing about that shit hole town, i could see every star in the sky.”

what things do you dislike?​
“most things, honestly. how long do you have? loud noises, being touched, movies where the animal dies. the color yellow. alcohol.”

what do you most desire?​
“another life.”

what do you dream about?​
“i don’t sleep enough to dream.”

what do you wish was different?​
“everything.”

do you have any physical ailments?​
“not that i’m aware of.”

do you have any mental ailments?​
“insomnia, i guess.” the list was much longer than that. not that she would ever admit it.

what are you good at?​
“i’ve been told my piano playing is beautiful. i like to think they’re right.”

what are you bad at?​
“basically everything that isn’t art.”

what good things have you done?​
“i found ginger in a ditch and nursed her to health.”

what bad things have you done?​
“shit, i haven’t kept track.”

what do you have in your bag?​
“this seems like an invasive question? just the necessities.”

what are you afraid of?​
“nothing.” it’s hard to be afraid after living through hell.

is there such a thing as too much power?​
“of course there is, even in the right hands.”

are monsters made or born?​
“i wouldn’t know.” she was born.

what defines a monster?​
“cruelty, abuse, the usual things.”

could you be a monster?​
she already was one. “i guess everyone could be.” her knuckles were white again.

do you sleep with a light on?​
“yeah, for ginger.” for herself.

are you afraid?​
“no?”

do you think you’re ready?​
“i mean i guess?”

choose only one: flashlight, map, tent.​
“flashlight.”

choose only one: loneliness, pain, despair.​
“loneliness.”

choose only one: life or death.​
“death.”

Last edited:

+ FOLLOW
✉️
valentine.
@.lordvalentine
address me as lord.
TWEETS
TWEETS & REPLIES
MEDIA

i will teach you to bow

valentine. @.lordvalentine

Last edited:
NO LONGER IN USE BUT I WANT TO SAVE HER CS INFO

illyria faye nott
illyria faye nott
illyria faye nott
illyria faye nott

❝ What is your name? ❞
"My name is Illyria."

❝ What is your gender? ❞
"Cisgender woman"

❝ What is your sexuality? ❞
"Straight." The word still felt foreign on her tongue whenever she spoke it, but it was a reflex at that point. There was no other answer.

❝ What is your age? ❞
"I am 18 years old."

❝ What is your birthday? ❞
"October 11th. I'm a Libra, in case that's the next question."

❝ What is your patronus? ❞
"I have a runespoor for a patronus."

❝ What is your house? ❞
"Slytherin."

❝ Do you have a pet? ❞
"Yes, I do. It's a female Korat, two years old named Cordelia"

❝ What year are you in? ❞
"First year."

❝ Where were you born? ❞
"My family's home in Lancashire, England."

❝ Where do you live now? ❞
“I live in the dorms at Hogwarts.”

❝ Do you like it there? ❞
“Of course, it’s the ideal place to pursue a higher education in magic.”

❝ Do you want to leave? ❞
“Only when I graduate.”

❝ Do you have a job? ❞
“Other than tutoring students, not so much.”

❝ Are you in a relationship? ❞
"Not currently."

❝ How tall are you? ❞
"I am 160 cm or 5'3". Whichever you prefer"

❝ What do you see when you look in the mirror? ❞
"Myself? What else would I see?"

❝ Are your parents still alive? ❞
"Yes, they are."

❝ Do you love them? ❞
"Of course I do." While she always knew that this was the correct thing to say, she couldn't help but doubt it. Love? It was a foreign concept and name within the halls of her family's home. Those people couldn't truly be considered parents. Not after everything they had done.

❝ Do they love you? ❞
"Yes, they do." Again, doubt began to seep into her heart. Sure, her parents were proud of all her accomplishments, but was that love? Was love what they had done? Was love what killed her sister?

❝ Who are you closest to? ❞
"I was closest to my older sister."

❝ For what would you betray them? ❞
"I would've betrayed her in order to protect her." This was nothing but the truth. Hiding from her, pushing her away, it was all a desperate and foolish attempt to keep their parents from focusing too much on the older girl. It worked, but only for a time.

❝ Have you ever been betrayed? ❞
"A woman doesn't tell her secrets."

❝ What does revenge look like to you? ❞
"Revenge is simply something rotten and ugly. It does nothing but stains you in things that you can never escape."

❝ Do you have any regrets? ❞
"Of course not. I will live without regrets." Another easy lie. Of course, she had regrets. No normal person didn't. It gnawed at her stomach every day, it plagued her nightmares and even her thoughts when she wasn't staying busy. They were always there, haunting her, waiting to consume her.

❝ Do you have any aspirations? ❞
"I plan to be the next Minister of Magic."

❝ Do you like yourself? ❞
"I do. I am very proud of myself and what I have done to get to this point in my life."

❝ Are you important? ❞
"Yes, I am. Everyone is important."

❝ Do you have any trauma? ❞
"Other than my sister passing away, no I do not." Brushing her hair back from her face, she cleared her throat, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the question and even her answer. There was no way her upbringing and family weren't the embodiment of trauma.

❝ What secrets do you keep? ❞
"Any secret that I need to keep."

❝ Have you committed any crimes? ❞
"No."

❝ Do you have any hobbies? ❞
"Yes. I often paint, practice music, tend flowers, and learn new languages. Things of that sort."

❝ What things do you like? ❞
"Beautiful things, the rain, swimming, my magic, koi, snakes, cats, long walks, the forest, dancing, potions, statues, architecture. Just to name a few"

❝ What things do you dislike? ❞
"Loud noises and magic, arguing, flirts, drinking, getting drunk, broken things." There was so much more to the list but she refused to go into detail, her gaze shifting to the hands that were flipping through pages, looking at the different questions and her answers.

❝ What do you most desire? ❞
"I desire to be one of the greatest witches in this generation. A bit ambitious right?"

❝ What do you dream about? ❞
"When I'm asleep? Couldn't tell you."

❝ What do you wish was different? ❞
Silence fell over her for a few seconds as she thought about her life and what she wished she could change. "Nothing at the moment." Liar.

❝ Do you have any physical ailments? ❞
"Not that I am aware of. Although I am terrible at flying a broom."

❝ Do you have any mental ailments? ❞
"No, not that I am aware of." As she spoke, she maintained eye contact, refusing to appear as if she were lying. She didn't want them to know. She didn't want anyone to know what was constantly locked inside of her head.

❝ What are you good at? ❞
"My magic and studies. Some say I have beautiful magic and I would like to agree. I’d like to say I’m also good at painting but that’s not for me to decide."

❝ What are you bad at? ❞
"I struggle with things such as divination, flying as mentioned, loud or overwhelming magic, working with others, and herbology. I just don't have a green thumb with anything other than flowers. I suppose you can also say I am bad at trusting those around me."

❝ What good things have you done? ❞
"I would like to think I have helped others, made a difference in their lives somehow but I'm not sure. I don't keep track of things like that."

❝ What bad things have you done? ❞
"I accidentally cursed someone as a child." This was true, other than the fact she continued to learn curses and things of that sort as she grew older. She simply learned to control them better.

❝ What do you have in your bag? ❞
"I have a makeup kit, wallet, phone, and some books."

❝ What are you afraid of? ❞
"Probably fireworks or loud noises." The thought itself was enough to send a chill down her spine. The crackling, and the shrieking, swarmed around her and filled her senses in a very uncomfortable yet familiar way.

❝ Is there such a thing as too much power? ❞
"Of course. There needs to be a balance."

❝ Are monsters made or born? ❞
She paused at this, raising her hand to her face, fingertips grazing her lips. "It cannot be one or the other, it is both. Monsters can be created very easily, but they can also be born. There is no telling how a monster can be formed, but they will always find a way."

❝ What defines a monster? ❞
"Someone who controls, abuses, and seeks to have all the power they can possess. They don't see limits, they don't see reason. There is no fairness. There is only them in powerful and cruel positions."

❝ Could you be a monster? ❞
A small smile formed as she tilted her head to the side, curls falling down her shoulders. "Everyone has the ability to become a monster. It's a matter of personal strength to resist the temptation."

❝ Do you sleep with a light on? ❞
"No. There's no need to."

❝ Are you afraid? ❞
"Afraid? There is no reason to be afraid. Things will happen no matter what. We cannot control it. We can only control ourselves. So no. I am not afraid."

❝ Do you think you’re ready? ❞
"I would like to think I am, but I probably am not. How can I prepare for everything after all."

❝ Choose only one: flashlight, map, tent. ❞
"A map."

❝ Choose only one: loneliness, pain, despair. ❞
"Pain."

❝ Choose only one: life or death. ❞
"Life."
coded by cherry !! 🍒

Last edited:
munro ewan knox
munro ewan knox
munro ewan knox
munro ewan knox

❝ What is your name? ❞
"Munro Knox. Some people call me Ro"

❝ What is your gender? ❞
"Male."

"Mmm don't really know if I'm being honest."

❝ What is your age? ❞
"I am 18 years old"

"May 3rd, which makes me a Taurus. Are any of you guys into astrology? "

❝ What is your Patronus? ❞
"Mine is a brown owl and honestly I just love it."

❝ What is your house? ❞
"I'm in Hufflepuff!"

❝ Do you have a pet? ❞
"Currently? No, I do not."

"First year."

❝ Where were you born? ❞
"I was born in North Berwick, which is here in Scotland and was raised there my whole life."

“I am currently living on campus.”

“I think this place has its perks, but also some rather unsavory things about it.” Mostly the people here. The thought flashed in his head but was gone within seconds.

“Not yet! Why? Do you have a better offer?” A small laugh escaped the male as he comfortably leaned back in his seat, fingers threading briefly through his dark hair.

❝ Do you have a job? ❞
“I do, I work in the school's library to make sure that everything is where it should be since there have been issues in the past with restricted books being accessed. So I'm your local librarian in my spare time!” He didn’t mention the job he was truly aiming for, mostly because he didn’t want the other students to get the same idea.

"That depends, who wants to know."

❝ How tall are you? ❞
"I think I'm about 183 cm or so. Which would be like 6'0? Right?"

"Mostly my freckles and the uncanny resemblance to my mother. Although she is far more beautiful than I am"

"My mother is, but I'm not sure about my biological father."

❝ Do you love them? ❞
"I adore my mother and love her in every possible way. I have only met my 'father' a handful of times as a child and so I don't really remember him. Not that there's much to remember..." The man was unworthy of the title of father, but Munro knew that it was a lot easier to call him that rather than just his first name. He had walked out on him and his mother, so why would he ever fill the role of a father figure? He wouldn't.

❝ Do they love you? ❞
"I sure hope so!"

"That would have to be my mother. I mean she has always been there for me, even before I was born."

"Nothing in this world."

A pause followed the question as the freckled individual rubbed his chin, thinking carefully about how he had planned on answering. "I am leaning towards yes."

"To me, revenge looks like petty and underhanded things done to a person that most likely will not learn their lesson. I, of course, am guilty of actually committing revenge if you will and I have hence learned it truly doesn't satisfy or heal any of the hurt that another person has caused you."

"I don't think that's anyone's business"

"In all honesty, I really want to just live in peace and have a rehabilitation center where I can help with magical creatures and various herbology-related things." The image of a small house surrounded by fields filled with trees and flowers, the scent of honey and vanilla floating in the air consumed his head for a moment. The sound of laughter, the touch of soft fingers against his, it was a perfect thing to want. But it disappeared in a cloud of smoke and tears before there was nothing left. "Next question?"

"Most of the time I do. There are some days where I don't really like who I am."

❝ Are you important? ❞
"I think so"

"Mmm I don't think so." Glass. Smoke. Screaming. Crying. Of course, there was trauma. He just was running away from it.

"Just the ones I want to keep"

"Unless you count eating some pasties at the market without paying for them as a four-year-old, then no I have not."

"I would say yes. I do a lot with herbology, magical creatures, and also journaling. Writing my own book if you will"

"Flowers, parchment, magical creatures, plants, potions, early mornings, summer... This feels a bit silly doesn't it?"

"Heartbreak, when things die, no colors, winter nights, cheating. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything"

With lips parted, the boy found himself struggling to find an answer. The thing he desired the most had slipped through his fingers and was nothing more than a painful memory. So what else was there to desire? "I suppose finishing and publishing my book"

"Mostly whatever I have learned last. It's always buzzing around there"

"Probably a few tests I took in the past." It was a bloody lie. There were so many things he wished were different. He wished they had never argued. He wished there was never a burning liquid running down their throats. He wished that he could take it all back, save them both from the pain, grief, guilt, regret, and everlasting pain.

"I don’t have great hearing in my left ear after someone set off a spell by my head.”

"Don’t we all?” The smile on his face was forced, but unless they knew Munro they wouldn’t be able to tell. They wouldn’t know how he suffered from sleepless nights, the fact he was slowly losing his ability to hear because of a curse, the fact he had to deal with the depression and anxiety that came with the accident. It was all hidden behind gentle smiles and bright words.

"I’m not really sure. Maybe just Herbology and working with magical creatures? I guess I also was classically taught the cello and piano in middle school and high school when I got a scholarship for a school. So I do that pretty well.”

❝ What are you bad at? ❞
"I really am terrible at cooking and maths. And maybe things like sewing? I’m not sure, I don’t want to sound like a complete failure!”

"I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging but I did save a little kid from drowning before. Also helped rehabilitate a few creatures growing up and generally helped out in my town. It was my mom’s biggest life rule. Have courage and be kind. So I did a lot of stuff to help.”

Shame. Regret. Guilt. They all flashed across his face for a second before he sighed and leaned back, head tilted away from the faces of those asking him questions. “Probably being a bit of a twat as a kid and getting into trouble in high school.”

A laugh left the young man as he pulled his bag into his lap and began taking things out, holding them up for the interviewers to see. “My journal, complete guide to magical creatures, herbology notes, gum, money, sample jars, a map, extra parchment and writing stuff. Oh and a stash of sweets.”

"Car accidents I would say. Terrible things.” He didn’t go into detail as to why he was afraid of them, but people knew. They saw the light scars decorating his skin in the summer months. They had heard the news in his town. It was difficult for him to escape it.

"Of course. There needs to be a balance."

“I think both. Nature vs nurture right? In my opinion it is the same when it comes to monsters. They find a way to come to the surface and hurt people around them.”

"A person that has no concern for others. Morales don’t exist to them, they just want to achieve power and will do whatever it takes to get what they want. There are a few people I’m aware of that can be considered monsters…”

Humming softly, Munro turned in his seat, trying to think pretty seriously about the question. “I don’t think I could, but who knows. It would take my morals being broken into pieces for that to happen.”

"Sometimes I do, but that’s mostly because I like to read." His fingers nervously messed with the bracelets around his wrist, unsure if they would believe that. Mostly he switched on the light when the nightmares plagued him, dragged him underneath dark waters and attempted to drown him in pain.

❝ Are you afraid? ❞
"I think it’s natural to be afraid. The current state of the world is always worse than it appears…"

"What do I have to be ready for? A pop quiz?"

"A tent."

"Loneliness."

"Life."
coded by cherry !!
🍒

Last edited:
ROMEO PYHRR
ABOUT

what is your name?

“romeo. pyhrr. strecker”, the man speaks in whispered words. his voice is dry like a desert. it sounds like it pains him to speak.

what is your gender?

“male.”

what is your sexuality?

he looks at you, his mouth a hard flat line. after a second, he shrugs. men, women, anyone with a light in their eyes.

what is your age?​

“twenty one.”

what is your birthday?​

“may eighth.”

“gryffindor.”

“fourth.”

do you have a pet?
“no.”

what is your patronus?
“a wolf.”

I’M A MOTHERFUCKIN’ BAD GUY !
VISAGE

where were you born?​

“arkansas. the town ain’t there anymore”

where do you live now?​

he nods down. here, hogwarts.

do you like it there?​

“parts” the food. the beds. the people and their innocence.

do you want to leave?​

he shrugs.

do you have a job?​

“no—but i get by”

“yes. don’t get into it”, he warns.

how tall are you?​

“six foot four”

“adora says my hair is too long”. heavy brows, dark blue eyes, white blonde hair and harsh red mouth. a razor straight scar sliced through his top lip.

PERSONA

“no.”

did you love them?​

“no”. maybe he loved his mother before she became a living ghost, haunting his life without ever being in it.

did they love you?​

“what does it matter ?”. even if she did, her love wasn’t enough.

who are you closest to?​

“valentine. adora. i’ve been very close to adora”. three heads lean against each other, brown locks, red waves and blonde tresses. the three headed serpent, full of venom.

“they won’t like that question” i would for anything really worth it.

“haven’t met anyone willing to try”

“revenge ? it looks like revenge”. his face is floating in his cheerios, the milk and cereal clumped together with thick, dark blood. romeo’s slim, pubescent wrist reaches over and lifts the man’s head up by the hair.

do you have any regrets?
“next question”. she’s on the floor, clawing at his face as blood floods hers. he wishes there was noise but it’s just a choking silence.

“to watch the world change”.

do you like yourself?​

“that doesn’t matter much”. he says it and he means it.

are you important?​

“too important sometimes”. guard dog, war general, avenging angel with a sanguine sword.

do you have any trauma?​

he looks you straight on, right in the eyes. there are hands on him, holding him too tight, strangling him between the sheets.

“you don’t want to know”.

“i kill people”. you wait for the joke, the punchline to something so punching. it doesn’t come.

he squints for a second, thinking. does he even have hobbies ? fighting doesn’t seem like much an answer.

“my friends, sometimes”.

“same thing i like”.

what do you most desire ?
“nothing”, he lies. she’s in front of him, clothed in translucent spiderwebs. she takes his head in her hands and slots her lips against his.

“i don’t remember”. he knows that isn’t how the question is meant to be answered.

“no use trying to change the past, just gotta control the present”

he shakes his head once.

he shakes it again.

what are you good at?​

“i’m good with my hands in nasty, bloody ways. my magic is strong and i can use it for what i need”

what are you bad at?​

“listening. learning. restraining myself”. jack of all trades, master of none.

“let you live”.

a raspy laugh escapes from his lips. what haven’t i done ? assault and murder, lust and adultery, gluttony and greed, wrath and sloth.

with one large hand, romeo reaches in his pocket and dumps the contents on the table between you. two crumpled cigarettes, a lighter with no fluid, a stained copy of an unrecognizable spell, and a credit with a name on it that isn’t his.

what are you afraid of?​

“eternity.”

heavy is the head that holds the crown. “it’s only too much when you take what you can’t handle” and even though he doesn’t say it, it’s clear there’s an exception for him.

he rolls the question around between his teeth, ponders it. “born”, he states, born but they must be broken out of their shell.

what defines a monster?​

“willingness.” a monster isn’t defined by capability, romeo thinks, he’s defined by what his hands have reached out and done.

could you be a monster?​

“proud to be”

he shakes his head. dark circles weigh down his eyes, red spider veins creeping through the whites. romeo doesn’t sleep at all.

are you afraid?​

“are you ? we’re alone together. after all this, you gotta know who i am—what i think about.”

he nods, curt and purposeful. romeo is a stray dog, teeth always bared and muscles always tense.

“flashlight” in the light, all deeds are exposed. besides, he could bludgeon someone with it if need be.

“pain” it’s familiar, grounds him to his body. on others, it gives him joy.

finally, you see romeo smile. he doesn’t speak but you know the answer is death.

© pasta

what is your name?​

“romeo. pyhrr. strecker”, the man speaks in whispered words. his voice is dry like a desert. it sounds like it pains him to speak.

what is your gender?​

“male.”

what is your sexuality?​

he looks at you, his mouth a hard flat line. after a second, he shrugs. men, women, anyone with a light in their eyes.

what is your age?​

“twenty one”.

what is your birthday?​

“may eighth.”

“gryffindor”

“fourth”

do you have a pet?
“no”

what is your patronus?
“a wolf”

where were you born?​

“arkansas. the town ain’t there anymore”

where do you live now?​

he nods down. here, hogwarts.

do you like it there?​

“parts” the food. the beds. the people and their innocence.

do you want to leave?​

he shrugs.

do you have a job?​

“no—but i get by”

how tall are you?​

“six foot four”

“adora says my hair is too long”. heavy brows, dark blue eyes, white blonde hair and harsh red mouth. a razor straight scar sliced through his top lip.

“no.”

did you love them ?​

“no”. maybe he loved his mother before she became a living ghost, haunting his life without ever being in it.

did they love you?​

“what does it matter ?”. even if she did, her love wasn’t enough.

who are you closest to?​

“valentine. adora. i’ve been very close to adora”. three heads lean against each other, brown locks, red waves and blonde tresses. the three headed serpent, full of venom.

“they won’t like that question” i would for anything really worth it.

“haven’t met anyone willing to try”

“revenge ? it looks like revenge”. his face is floating in his cheerios, the milk and cereal clumped together with thick, dark blood. romeo’s slim, pubescent wrist reaches over and lifts the man’s head up by the hair.

do you have any regrets?
“next question”. she’s on the floor, clawing at his face as blood floods hers. he wishes there was noise but it’s just a choking silence.

“to watch the world change”.

do you like yourself?​

“that doesn’t matter much”. he says it and he means it.

are you important?​

“too important sometimes”. guard dog, war general, avenging angel with a sanguine sword.

do you have any trauma?​

he looks you straight on, right in the eyes. there are hands on him, holding him too tight, strangling him between the sheets.

“you don’t want to know”.

“i kill people”. you wait for the joke, the punchline to something so punching. it doesn’t come.

he squints for a second, thinking. does he even have hobbies ? fighting doesn’t seem like much an answer.

“my friends, sometimes”.

“same thing i like”.

what do you most desire ?
“nothing”, he lies. she’s in front of him, clothed in translucent spiderwebs. she takes his head in her hands and slots her lips against his.

“i don’t remember”. he knows that isn’t how the question is meant to be answered.

“no use trying to change the past, just gotta control the present”

he shakes his head once.

he shakes it again.

what are you good at?​

“i’m good with my hands in nasty, bloody ways. my magic is strong and i can use it for what i need”

what are you bad at?​

“listening. learning. restraining myself”. jack of all trades, master of none.

“let you live”.

a raspy laugh escapes from his lips. what haven’t i done ? assault and murder, lust and adultery, gluttony and greed, wrath and sloth.

with one large hand, romeo reaches in his pocket and dumps the contents on the table between you. two crumpled cigarettes, a lighter with no fluid, a stained copy of an unrecognizable spell, and a credit with a name on it that isn’t his.

what are you afraid of?​

“eternity.”

heavy is the head that holds the crown. “it’s only too much when you take what you can’t handle” and even though he doesn’t say it, it’s clear there’s an exception for him.

he rolls the question around between his teeth, ponders it. “born”, he states, born but they must be broken out of their shell.

what defines a monster?​

“willingness”. a monster isn’t defined by capability, romeo thinks, he’s defined by what his hands have reached out and done.

could you be a monster?​

“proud to be”

he shakes his head. dark circles weigh down his eyes, red spider veins creeping through the whites. romeo doesn’t sleep at all.

are you afraid?​

“are you ? we’re alone together. after all this, you gotta know who i am—what i think about”.

he nods, curt and purposeful. romeo is a stray dog, teeth always bared and muscles always tense.

“flashlight” in the light, all deeds are exposed. besides, he could bludgeon someone with it if need be.

“pain” it’s familiar, grounds him to his body. on others, it gives him joy.

finally, you see romeo smile. he doesn’t speak but you know the answer is death.

Last edited:

+ FOLLOW
✉️
gems.
@gemmachrysalis
u lookin for the golden snitch?
TWEETS
TWEETS & REPLIES
MEDIA

NEW QUIDDITCH SEASON COME ON TEAM

gems. @gemmachrysalis

MS F. GROUSE.

[FIRST YEAR ⁃ SLYTHERIN]

AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER

CREATED BY LISBETH

WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
“Suppose you’re wanting the whole thing?” she says tentatively. “Fine, it’s Florence Bathsheba Meloupe Grouse. Friends call me Flo, Flossie, Grousey—it doesn’t matter to me.”

WHAT IS YOUR GENDER?
A half-smile twitches at her lips. She clears her throat, says: “I’m nonbinary.” She isn’t used to saying it out loud, but every time she does, it feels like adding another piece to a decade old puzzle of her heart.

WHAT IS YOUR SEXUALITY?
“I’m into it all, really. I maybe lean towards girls, but it’s a go with the flow type deal.”

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?
“Eighteen.”

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
“10th September.”

WHAT HOUSE WERE YOU SORTED INTO?
“Slytherin.”

WHAT YEAR STUDENT ARE YOU?
“First year.”

DO YOU HAVE A PET?
"No."

WHAT IS YOUR PATRONUS?
"An otter. Don't ask."

WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
"Portrush." But it isn’t clear if she’s proud or ashamed. "It’s on the coast, right at the top of Northern Ireland."

WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?
“The dorms here. I go home on the holidays though.”

DO YOU LIKE IT HERE?
“In a room like that with four others? I preferred having a room to myself.”

DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE?
“Last part was a joke, the ladies in my dorm are fine. At least it isn’t a sausage fest.”

DO YOU HAVE A JOB?
“Back home, no, and I’m a full-time student here.”

ARE YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP?
“No,” she pushes against the back of the chair she’s sitting on until its front legs elevate slightly, “I’m embracing the single life.”

HOW TALL ARE YOU?
“Five-one. Can you believe that? I can do magic but still have to use pedal extenders.”

WHAT DO YOU SEE WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR?
“You ever had a blind kid come in and you ask them the same thing?”

ARE YOUR PARENTS STILL ALIVE?
Sometimes at night, when she was younger, Florence would squeeze her eyes closed—until the blood rushed to her head and she felt a violent migraine coming on—trying, and failing, to bring to light at least the obscurest of memories of her birth parents. It was like showing somebody a picture for a couple of seconds, then taking it away and a week later asking them to paint it.

“My birth mam’s brother and his wife took me in before I was one. If there’s any time to get adopted, it’s then—people love taking in babies. They’re easier to mould. Anyway, even before I was ‘legally’ their kid,” she gestures her fingers in the air sarcastically, “they’ve always been my second parents.”

DO YOU LOVE THEM?
She shrugs. “You kinda can’t help it. Even if you didn’t know them or they were arseholes. There’s nothing wrong it, I don’t think. It’s natural; it’s in your DNA or whatever.”

DID THEY LOVE YOU?
“Ken—that’s my birth mam’s brother—doesn’t let me forget it.” She puffs out her chest and deepens her voice comically, “‘If I would jump in front of a car for you, my sister would jump in front of a lorry.’ That’s how he puts it.”

WHO ARE YOU CLOSEST TO?
“Oh, Ken, no question about it.”

FOR WHAT WOULD YOU BETRAY THEM?
“Sorry?” She raises her eyebrows, waits. “I’m not answering that.”

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BETRAYED?
“We all have, haven’t we,” she replies matter-of-factly. “I’d love to meet someone who hasn’t and see how their brain works.”

WHAT DOES REVENGE LOOK LIKE TO YOU?
“If you find out your neighbour’s kid has hurt your pet, you go over and hit the little fucker. Or my mate’s mate had a roommate who would steal milk from the fridge, so they put laxatives in the milk. Get what I mean?” She’s trying not to smile now, tickled by the obscenity of her answer.

DO YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS?
Raising her fingers, she mutters to herself, “Three, four, five, six,” she looks up, “about half a dozen.”

DO YOU HAVE ANY ASPIRATIONS?
“Nothing at the moment.”

DO YOU LIKE YOURSELF?
Florence says nothing, a little nonplussed at the shift in conversation. She doesn’t nod or shake her head; she just sits there.

ARE YOU IMPORTANT?
We’re only as important as we think we are, she thinks apathetically, most of us are just here to keep the world spinning so the rich can get richer and the fat get fatter.

“I hope so,” she eventually says.

DO YOU HAVE ANY TRAUMA?
“I normally wait until the second date to tell someone that.”

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS?
“Cross my heart and hope to die, professor.”

HAVE YOU COMMITTED ANY CRIMES?
She snorts. “No, being gay was legalised forty years ago.”

DO YOU HAVE ANY HOBBIES?
It occurs to Florence how shamefully boring her life is. She can’t remember any hobbies she’s been engrossed in past the age of ten. She doesn’t know whether she wants to laugh or cry at this knowledge.

WHAT THINGS DO YOU LIKE?
The question lingers. What does she like?

WHAT THINGS DO YOU DISLIKE?
She clicks her tongue and rolls her eyes. “Men.”

WHAT DO YOU MOST DESIRE?
“Making my mam and dad and Ken and Peggy proud. I don’t know. I’ve never thought about it.”

WHAT DO YOU DREAM ABOUT?
She looks at the ceiling for a moment, as if she’s trying to recall every dream she’s ever had throughout her life. “It’s silly because times have changed and that, but see, I’m a half-blood, and I want to do better than any purebloods ever done. Reinforce that us half-bloods aren’t lesser. I just feel—”

She feels inadequate, like she’s an intruder in somebody else’s home, eating their food and sleeping in their bed. She should be home in Portrush, studying law at Ulster university and waiting tables on the side, not casting spells and riding broomsticks like you see in the children’s book series Winnie and Wilbur.

“—I don’t know how I feel.” She looks back down then.

WHAT DO YOU WISH WAS DIFFERENT?
“Wish I’d come out a few years ago. Woulda saved me some stress.”

DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL AILMENTS?
“You know, I’m only three or four inches off being a dwarf. Aside from that, I’m not fairing too badly.”

DO YOU HAVE ANY AILMENTS?
“Nothing’s diagnosed. Shocker, I know. I’m very neurotic.”

WHAT ARE YOU GOOD AT?
“Ken says I’m quite good at charades. Like the guessing game.”

WHAT ARE YOU BAD AT?
“I’m a bit too competitive, I think, which annoys me as much as it does my mates.” She wonders if this is true, or if she said it because it seemed like an appropriate answer. Like how interviewees for a job state they’re a perfectionist, meaning they have no in-depth understanding of who they are but think perfectionism is a synonym for a great work-ethic, so they iterate it to appear insightful.

WHAT GOOD THINGS HAVE YOU DONE?
“I think my mere existence is good enough for people, thank you.”

WHAT BAD THINGS HAVE YOU DONE?
“Well, you know how I said about hitting a kid because they hurt your pet?”

WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR BAG?
“I genuinely couldn’t tell you. Probably my books and a half-eaten biscuit I nicked from lunch.”

IS THERE SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH POWER?
“Oh, Jesus, bit of a loaded question.” She slides her tongue along her top teeth for a long moment, trying to think of an answer. She continues, “Not every world leader’s been a bad person. So, I think the issue is that to gain that power, you’ve got to be a chauvinist prick nine times outta ten. Patriarchy and capitalism—God’s gifts to the world.”

ARE MONSTERS MADE OR BORN?
“If you give me a Galleon, I’m basically a therapist.”

WHAT DEFINES A MONSTER?
“I don’t know. If you see it in John Carpenter’s filmography.” She doesn’t know why she jokes all the time. Perhaps it makes her emotions more manageable.

COULD YOU BE A MONSTER?
A terrible sense overcomes her. She glances at her left hand and realises she could, everyone could. It’s not uncommon for somebody to question it, which isn’t as comforting of a thought as she hopes. Her mouth’s dry now, bitter, and her hand has developed a mild tremor; she wipes it on her grey skirt.

“No,” she says, “I don’t think so.”

DO YOU SLEEP WITH A LIGHT ON?
Florence gives a half-suppressed laugh, wipes her eye with the back of her hand, then plants it under her chin. “Oh, you’re serious.” She leans forward. “I don’t.”

ARE YOU AFRAID?
She shakes her head, restless now. Florence’s entire life has been driven by fear; it’s essential to her being. She worries a witch cursed her as a baby, or when she was in the womb God forgot to give the fight-or-flight component of her brain an off switch. That she’s faulty, unfixable, replaceable.

DO YOU THINK YOU'RE READY?
She doesn’t understand what they mean, but nods anyway.

CHOOSE ONLY ONE: FLASHLIGHT, MAP, TORCH.
She pulls a face at this. “I’m not being funny; I have a wand that does all that for me. I’m not reading a map like it’s the 1500s.”

CHOOSE ONLY ONE: LONELINESS, PAIN, DESPAIR.
“None. They’re the same thing.”

CHOOSE ONLY ONE: LIFE OR DEATH.
“If I’m found dead at the bottom of the Great Lake, this is technically evidence.”

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© WELDHERWINGS.

Last edited:
casimir leo rosier
casimir leo rosier
casimir leo rosier
casimir leo rosier

❝ What is your name? ❞
"Casimir Rosier."

❝ What is your gender? ❞
"Does it matter? If it helps, I usually go by he/him and they/them."

"I don't think that has any relevance to this interview"

❝ What is your age? ❞
"I'm 18."

"June 18th."

"Irish wolfhound."

❝ What is your house? ❞
"I'm in Ravenclaw, can't you tell?"

❝ Do you have a pet? ❞
"Yes, I do. She's a European eagle owl. Her name is Lyra."

"First year."

❝ Where were you born? ❞
"Guernsey."

“Hogwarts.”

“I like it to a certain extent."

“I'm only leaving when I accomplish my goal." Not that it was anyone's business, but he had promised his grandmother that he would follow through with his mother's wishes and finish up at school.

❝ Do you have a job? ❞
“If I told you, I'd have to kill you." Silence developed between them, allowing the student to keep a straight face before a mischievous smile formed on his lips. "I'm kidding. I do, but it's an under-the-table kind of deal."

"You offering?"

❝ How tall are you? ❞
"183cm."

His gaze faltered, trying not to think about it too hard. He saw blood caked on his skin, sirens, screams in the background, and death hanging in the air. He saw his father. He saw a man that wanted nothing more than to rid the world of his 'mistakes'. Shaking his head, he laughed slightly as he leaned back, trying to seem amused. "You serious? Myself, duh. Unless some pixie is floating around there without my knowledge."

"No."

❝ Do you love them? ❞
"I love my mother but that doesn't really matter right?"

❝ Do they love you? ❞
"They're dead."

"Maybe my grandmother?"

"Why would I ever betray such an old and lovely woman?"

"Yes. And no, I won't elaborate." It's hard to not feel betrayed when your father, the man you were taught to admire and look up to, brutally murdered your mother, attempted to kill you, and then himself. How was that not betrayal?

"It looks like making people suffer for what they have done. But I can't exactly do that."

"No."

A dry chuckle left him, fingers threading through unruly hair. "You don't need to know that." There was little to aspire to become, little to desire in life.

"No, I do not."

❝ Are you important? ❞
"I think my magic is important. I do not think that as a person I am important."

"Just look up my name. You'll see it all right there."

"Any secret I want. Secrets that can ruin others, protect them, protect me. It doesn't matter."

"No." Bold lie for someone who crafted their own curses and would sell them to various students.

"Not particularly. I mostly work on creating new spells and such. I find it to be very thrilling. I also experiment with potions."

"Puzzles, reading, the night sky, sweets, staying up late, forbidden magic."

"Bitter things, crying, clingy people, cheesy romances, being bored, jocks."

"I suppose getting through to graduation."

"Nothing." It wasn't a lie. Mostly because he rarely slept. Potions ran down his throat constantly to keep him awake, hiding the dark thoughts and painful memories. Constantly sleep-deprived, there was little time for dreaming when he actually found sleep.

"I wish my mother had met someone else."

"Other than being bloody awful at quidditch, no."

"Wouldn't that be something?" Smiling a bit, their fingernails scratched the surface of their legs, thinking about the scars that marred the inside of their body, polluted their brain, and were etched into the wood at his old house. There was nothing but mental ailments.

"My magic. I'm good at non-verbal, and some other types of magic but you don't need to know about that. I also am good at memory games, but then again, having a photographic memory may be cheating."

❝ What are you bad at? ❞
"I utterly despise herbology, quidditch, divination, and things of that sort. They make my skin crawl."

"I saved a little girl from drowning. I don't know what other good things I have done if I'm being entirely honest."

A list began to run through his brain as he mulled the question over. What bad things hadn't he done? Well, he never killed anyone. "I don't think I can disclose that information."

Holding up a finger, the thin student reached down and grabbed their bag, opening it in their lap. "A few books, parchment, quills, candies, my wand, and some money."

"Losing my magic. God, I would lose it if I had no magic."

"Always."

“They are both."

"A thing that no longer cares. There is no heart, there is no soul. There is only want, desire, greed, and pain. That is was creates them, what fuels them. Nothing else matters. They have become twisted and mangled creatures that cannot be saved unless they are given the things they have lost. But sometimes, those things cannot be replaced."

"Aren't I already?"

"No, because I want to see the stars."

❝ Are you afraid? ❞
"Not particularly."

"Sure, why not."

"A map."

"Pain."

"Death."
coded by cherry !! 🍒

Last edited:
what is your name?​

"Abraham Selwyn. But honestly, no one's really ever called me that—it's Bram, just Bram." He introduces himself with a grin that looks a little wild when paired with the intense ice blue of his eyes and the way his hair sticks up like he's just stuck his finger in a light socket (this impression only strengthened by the white streak running through the black locks).

what is your gender?​

Male, although he isn't strictly cis-normative in the way he dresses. His nails are often painted, and he would be unlikely to refuse to wear a skirt or dress if the circumstances warranted.

what is your sexuality?​

"I don't really give much thought to it. I have more interesting things to do."

what is your age?​

Eighteen

what is your birthday?​

January 29, an Aquarius and very like it. He isn't very aware of astrology, but he would likely be fascinated by it if he were.

what house were you sorted into?​

"Slytherin, of course; I'm a generational legacy." He's grown up hearing about the legacy his father's side of the family has in Slytherin, an unbroken line going back to the First Wizarding War. He was intimidated by the thought he may not continue that unbroken line, even after his elder brother was sorted into Slytherin ensuring that it would be forgivable for him not to be, but his Ravenclaw mother always assured him that he had nothing to fear.

what year student are you?​

First year

do you have a pet?​

"My black cat, Frankenstein (after the Muggle book), was a gift from my parents when I was about twelve. Honestly, I think she has more sense than me."

what is your patronus?​

A raven

where were you born?​

"My family home is in Northern Wales, that's where I was born and grew up."

where do you live now?​

"About to be Hogwarts. I think it'll be a nice change, especially with so many people around."

do you like it there?​

"At my family home? Well, it's home, isn't it? I suppose so, but I've never lived anywhere else, I don't have anything to compare it to."

do you want to leave?​

"It's hard to want to leave what's safe, what you've always known. There's a lot more of the world I'd like to see some day, and Hogwarts is the perfect start, but I don't think I'd ever leave home for good."

do you have a job?​

No

"That isn't really my area, never has been. Nothing against it, it's just never interested me much."

how tall are you?​

175 cm (5'9")— "My brother got the height gene and kept it all to himself, the git."

"I dunno. Myself, usually in a worse state than my mother would wish. Parts of me that come from my parents, parts that look like the older family portraits around the house. Potential."

"Both of them, yes, Icarus and Lucien."

do you love them?​

"Well of course."

do they love you?​

"I know they do, even when they forget to show it. They must."

who are you closest to?​

"My best friend Arlo, we met in non-magic secondary school. He's a Muggle, but he's rather impressive on my brother Ambrose's broom."

"I think, for the safety and livelihood of my family. Arlo's my best mate, but if it came down to it, blood always takes precedence."

"I have two brothers; the answer to this is self-explanatory."

"The truest revenge...isn't about fighting or killing the person who hurt you. It's making them feel every inch the pain they put you through. It's karmic, and ideally, it's worse than what they did to you. A lesson to warn them off crossing you again."

do you have any regrets?​

"More than a few...most to do with unfortunate accidents during magical experimentation, the odd explosive potions mishap..."

"After Hogwarts, I'm going to become an alchemist and magical inventor. Complex potions, spells no one thought possible, they'll have to add an entire textbook about my career to the curriculum."

do you like yourself?​

"I've no reason not to."

are you important?​

"I should think so. Not much more than anyone else, though. Not yet, at least."

do you have any trauma?​

"Definitely. Older brothers can be cruel—Ambrose is entirely the reason I don't go near brooms, or really anywhere up high."

"If I told you, they wouldn't be secrets, now would they?"

"More than likely, all regarding my experimentation, I would guess. But of course, it helps to live in a fairly secluded area with minimal supervision."

"Plants are interesting, and it helps to be familiar with them when experimenting with potions. The same with adequately sized magical creatures. I don't do very much aside from experimenting—it's got its own entertainment value, believe me."

"Nail varnish. Anything explosive, especially when it's colourful and loud. Having people to talk to. Creating in most forms, particularly things I didn't know were possible until they happened. The Muggle trope of the 'mad scientist'—I was born for the role."

"Heights. Flying. Brooms. (Seeing a theme here?) Large animals, the bigger the scarier. Boredom. Being forced to sit still for any significant length of time. (Unless of course I find something interesting to focus on.)"

what do you most desire?​

"Recognition. For my accomplishments, for my ideas and my hard work. For my skills and merits, separate from the influence of my family."

"Goal-wise? Future fame as a properly barmy inventor, unappreciated in my time for my brilliantly progressive ideas. When I'm asleep? Don't think I'll ever recover from that one dream where Frankenstein spoke to me. Not because she could talk—she called me a toerag!"

"Hm. Maybe...maybe that my parents had different priorities. Ambrose is a Quidditch champion, going for professional, and they couldn't be prouder. My younger brother Puck is a bit of a sad, lame, unlucky sort, and they're always so concerned about him. They don't really worry about me, but there are times I wish they would."

"None that I'm aware of, but I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up with one or two in the next few years, with my affinity for explosives."

"I'd never know if I did. What do they even look like?"

what are you good at?​

"Potions, mostly. I'm a fair hand at charms, too. Surprises, certainly. Occasionally acting, I think I'm rather good at putting on voices."

what are you bad at?​

"Sports, particularly when they require hovering several feet off the ground and flying unreasonably fast through the air while clinging to a stick. And lying, I've never been convincing at it."

"Very few of note, yet. But I will, in the future, I fully intend my potions repertoire to include cures and healing draughts."

"Speaking honestly, most of them were pranks on my brother Puck. As I said, older brothers can be cruel."

"80% of the time, you probably don't want to know. My best guess? A random collection of ingredients, bits of notes written to myself. Cool bugs I've found, some living and some not. Something flammable, probably in a precarious state. My wand, if I'm lucky. A snack, if I'm luckier."

what are you afraid of?​

"Heights. Something about the feeling of insignificance. Something about standing untethered on the edge of something so unfathomably bigger than yourself and not quite knowing your fate if you fall."

"Always. Ideally, power should be proportional to the ability to handle it responsibly. Most people can't, ergo most people with power inherently have too much."

"Monsters don't exist."

what defines a monster?​

"I think really the only person that can define you a 'monster' is yourself. Whether you're proud or ashamed of that fact is a different question altogether."

could you be a monster?​

"In my own eyes, no. Never."

No

are you afraid?​

"At this moment? No."

do you think you're ready?​

"Hell yes."

choose only one: flashlight, map, tent​

Flashlight

choose only one: loneliness, pain, despair​

Loneliness

choose only one: life or death​

Life

image.png

Last edited:

F

filler! ignore

M

filler! ignore

• Faye Matthews

Slytherin

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

C

filler! ignore

H

filler! ignore

• Cassie Hart

Gryffindor

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

+ FOLLOW
✉️
kat.
@hellokitty
You stole my cauldron but you can't have my heart-Celestina Warbeck
TWEETS
TWEETS & REPLIES
MEDIA

Hogwarts here I come! #freedomatlast

kat. @hellokitty

placeholder!

bolaji-agnello

abeni

a hufflepuff.

What is your name
:
She sits up straight in her seat, one short leg crossed over the other and hands folded neatly in her lap. Though refined, her posture is nowhere near stiff. A mane of tightly curled hair are placed just so over her eyes and then moved, revealing the light brown depts underneath. The plump apples of her cheeks are on full display. Lips pull back into a small that is all glossy lips and white teeth. “Abeni, Abeni Angeline Agnello-Bolanji.”

What is your gender
: “I’m female and my pronouns are she/her if you want to know.”
What is your sexuality?
:
Had it suddenly gotten a little warmer? Her face certainly feels as though she’s been sitting in the sun for too long. A sudden bashfulness surrounds her, makes her avert her gaze for a few moments. When eyes are met again they do so under lashes. “Well I… haven’t really labeled it. Gender doesn’t really matter to me….or lackthereof.”

What is your age?
:
“I’ve been 18 for about three months now.” A look was given and she crossed her arms over her chest. Abeni’s tone is defensive but not angry. “That’s weirdly specific but you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for it!” She smiles again, not truly upset.

When is your birthday?
:
“Why? Do you plan on giving me a gift? I’ll take any baked goods or gardening tools with open arms. But, if you don’t get me those, that’s fine too. It’s the thought that counts after all! Oh wait…what was the question?” Abeni hadn’t even noticed when her hand had come up to play with her hair. It took a curt throat clearing to pull her from her wandering thoughts. Her hand was placed back into her lap and she coughed lightly. “Right. I was born on May 20th, that makes me a Taurus.”

What house are you sorted into?
:
“Hufflepuff, they were so welcoming and made me feel right at home.”

What year student are you?
:
Abeni relaxes, her once crossed legs begin to swing to and fro gently. The smile has not left her face but it is easy to see that her mind has wandered. The start of her schooling had filled her head with endless scenarios and possibilities that she would have.

In front of her, she could hear a throat clear. The witch is sheepish once she remembers where she was. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just a first year.”

do you have a pet?

It was impressive, how fast she’d reached into her pocket. The moving picture that was retrieved was one of Abeni herself. But her hair was what caught the eye. A tiny furry, brown creature peaked out from the mass of hair. “ This is Torta! He’s a Pine Marten. I got him during a trip to Italy to visit family.”

what is your patronus?

“I haven’t fully mastered the patronus charm yet. So far I can only produce a incorporeal one. But I’m hoping with practice, I’ll be able to conjure up an animal.” Abeni slips the photo of her beloved companion back into her pocket. Her tone is put out at the fact that she hasn’t mastered the charm just yet.

where were you born?

“I was born and raised in Derbyshire, England.”

where do you live now?
“I live in the Hogwarts dorm now.

do you like it there?

Cloud-like hair seems to bounce in delight when Abeni nods enthusiastically. She leans forward in her seat with sparkling eyes. “It’s been my dream to attend for the longest time. It’s everything that I imagined and more!”

do you want to leave?

“Not until I graduate, and even then I know that I’ll miss it.”

do you have a job?

There’s pride in the way she stops swinging her legs and straightens her posture once again. Her smile was only a little smug. “I was able to get approved for a herbology internship. It’s paid, so I’ll be able to make money all on my own.”

“Yes, I am.” Her eyes dim, her smile remains. It was tradition in her family. A contract formed long before she was even thought about. A beneficial relationship that would bring even more greatness to her family. Perhaps in time, love would come.

how tall are you?

“I’m 5’4.”

“A ton of hair! It’s always getting in the way if I don’t pin it.” She laughs, shedding the dim energy that had surrounded her slowly. “Honestly, I see someone who is finally getting to prove that she can survive on her own. A young woman with her whole future ahead of her. It’s a little scary but I’m ready.”

are you parents still alive?

“Yes, my father is currently out on an expedition South America while my mother is currently taking care of things at home and handling her botany business.”

do you love them?

A single tilt of her head, clearly not understanding why she’d been asked such a thing. But then again, it was foolish to think that everyone had the privilege of a good relationship between their family. “Of course I do.”

do they love you?

Her expression went soft. There was no doubt in her mind that they did. They were her rocks, supporting her through the toughest times in her life. Their love showed in the time spend together, cooking, taking trips, arguing over the rules of games that her father often cheated at. Abeni smiled, voice fond and soft. “Yes, without a single doubt.”

who are you closest to?

Her hand caressed the beaded bracelet on her wrist without thought. Placed in the center was an Amethyst stone. Someone wore a similar bracelet, but hers held an emerald within it. “My friend Tatiana. Our mothers had set up a playdate for us has toddlers and we’ve been close ever since. She’s my sister in anything but blood.”

It could be naive for her to say it. But her words came from the very bottom of her heart. There was a finality in the way she spoke and in her eyes. “Nothing is worth the hurt it would cause.”

A courtship, sweet words and gestures cast a veil so thick over her eyes that she had not seen the truth. A dark corridor and the sound of lips meeting and clothes rustling. Tears were silent as a wand raised, but dropped soon after. “I have.”

what does revenge look like?

“Something vicious and ugly and exhausting. Revenge destroys without a second thought and leaves devastation in its wake, history has taught me that much.”

do you have any regrets?

Deep down she wishes that she had cast the spell. Perhaps then she would be free to pursue who she wished, if anyone at all. Instead she continues to be led on, with hopes of future love and stability. “Nothing significant really.”

Her gaze turned hazy, her eyes open but she was looking nowhere. Instead, Abeni was glimpsing into the future, a future that she hoped to attain. “Yes, I want to learn everything there is about magic, outside of my family’s teachings. When I graduate I’ll become skilled a herbologist and travel to all sort of places in search of rare plants.”

do you like yourself?

“Well I could use a few more inches, but I wouldn’t say that I suffer from confidence issues!”

are you important?

“To those who love me and that’s all that matters. Everyone is important to someone.

do you have any trauma?

There was a pause, she froze. Abeni could see the darkness all around her, squeezing her, speaking to her. The young woman took a breath and shook her head to clear away those memories. “The dark…”

It’s the dead of night and she walks the halls of her family home, of her ancestral home. The books called to her, ancient family knowledge that some would call dark and nefarious. She never viewed magic in such simple terms. The library keeps her secrets. “I’ve read a few books that I wasn’t supposed to.”

what crimes have you committed?

Abeni’s eyes shift from left to right quickly, she leans forward in her seat. Her actions are dramatic on purpose. “I once stole a really beautiful hair pin from my mother’s jewelry collection.” Abeni sat back and smiled. “But then I felt so bad that I cried and gave it right back to her.”

what hobbies do you have?

“Ikebana, crocheting, reading and creating plant dyes are just some of the way I like to pass the time!”

what do you like?

Abeni grins and begins to play with her hair. She looks up in thought. “I really love honeysuckle, they smell and taste to good! Picnics are one of my favorite things to do, I also enjoy gardening and visiting botanical gardens.”

what do you dislike?

Her nose wrinkles and the smile leaves her face. “Senseless violence, I really don’t agree with it. Rainy days really mess with my energy and I hate rushing. Oh! And bigots, I can’t stand people like that.”

what does she most desire?

A dreamy sigh escapes full lips and she crosses one leg over the other, using her hand to prop up her chin. “After I’ve lived my life and met my goals, I’d like to settle down in a nice cottage somewhere. Just a peaceful place to spend my days.”

what do you dream about?

“That’s a hard question. Sometimes I dream about nonsensical things, like riding a dragon or having some adventure in a far away place. But other times I get…messages, signs that I feel come from those before me. I see them too sometimes.”

what good things has she done?

Abeni has done the typical good deeds throughout her life, she enjoys helping people. To be specific she has helped look after younger cousins and brought classmates things they may have missed at school when they were sick.

what do you wish were different?

There was that head tilt was different. Her mind filled with memories, scenes from her life up until this point. Love came to mind and laughter, a family that would do anything for eachother and a life of comfort. “There isn’t anything that I wish was different. Things could be worse you know.”

“Nope, I’m as fit as a fiddle.”

“I have a phobia of dark and cramped spaces.

what are you good at?

“Oh, anything to do with plants and earth based magic! I have a green thumb from both sides of my family fortunately. I guess you can say that I have a sort of connection with it. I know how to use wandless magic, my family in Nigeria don’t even use wands and I learned a lot while there! I’m a registered animagus and I can speak three languages.” Abeni had been counting on her fingers while she lifted things off. Once she finished she smiled. “I can’t wait to learn more though.”

what are you bad at?

“Ah well, I know that I’m now as experienced with life like some of my peers so I can be little naive. As for academics, I’m a more hands on type of learner so written tests and such are hard for me. I’m not too great at transfiguration or alchemy either.” Abeni was not ashamed to admit her faults. There was always room for improvement in her mind and she had plenty of time to grow.

“Nothing that would earn me an award. I would do small things like helping the elders in my family. My nonna’s hands cramp up real bad so it’s hard for her to do things. And I’ve helped look after some younger cousins.” Abeni shrugged, clearly thinking that it wasn’t a big deal. “I just like to help out when I can.”

Abeni look to the left and then to the right quickly. With her eyes trained on the person in front of her she leaned forward to whisper. “I have this book club with Titania and a few more friends, banned or forbidden material.”

What do you have in your bag?

“Just a few small things! Some reading material, my journal, hair pins, my phone, and some quills.”

what are you afraid of?

There is a tiny flinch when the question is asked. Abeni swallows, taking a few seconds to answer. “I don’t like small, cramp spaces.” She remembers being showed, locked in the dark for what felt like hours as the walls closed in on her and the shadows moved and seemed to speak.

“Yes, history has shown us time and time again. There should be balance, no one person should hold all the power.”

“Monsters can be products of their environment or the can suffer from something that makes them the way they are. I don’t think that there is an or when it comes to how they come to be.”

what defines a monster?

Abeni’s eyes furrow as she thinks. “A monster is someone who hurts or destroys without remorse or reason. They see nothing wrong with taking lives and may even try to justify it. There are many ways to define a monster so I wouldn’t say that my answer is absolute.”

could you be a monster?

“Never.”

do you sleep with the light on?

She looks down, holding all the similarities to an embarrassed child in that moment. “I do…the darkness unnerves me.”

are you afraid?

A thoughtful look adorned her face. There were things that she was afraid of, the new change in her life, the uncertainty that faced her. Abeni was filled with fear yet she was also filled with hope and eagerness. “Yes.”

There was a firm nod and brown eyes like steel. “Yes, I am.”

“map.”

“Pain.”

“Life.”

coded by xayah.ღ for erzulie.

ERIK .

What is your name?
“Thelonius,” a wince at his first name, the noun tasting more like a poison than an identity, before he continued, “Erikson. Erik is fine. I really hate Thelonius, so please don't call me that.”

What is your gender?
“I’m a guy..?”

What is your sexuality?
“I’m hetero.” Though his face was neutral, there was a flicker of discomfort in his eyes. A hidden story lurked deep within that warm brown, untouched and barricaded by ice and snow.

What is your age?
“19.”

What is your birthday?
“May 12th. Taurus, if that matters.”

What house were you sorted into?
“Slytherin.” Erik leaned back into his chair, head tilted to the side as he studied the interviewer.

“Second.” The male let out a loud, dramatic sigh, eyeing the Head Boy of his House with disdain. “Are you telling me I woke up from my nap for this?”

Do you have a pet?
"I do. A barn owl named Simmons." As if the owl heard his master call for him, Simmons let out a quiet sound before flying in. He perched along the window's ledge, head inclining at the interviewer just like Erik had.

What is your patronus?
"A bear."

Where were you born?
"Pops..." A pause in the air as Erik pondered what he said, as if the mention of his father was taboo and foreign. "Pops said I was born in Vietnam, but we moved to the Netherlands when I was really young because that's where he's from."

Where do you live now?
"Hogwarts."

Do you like it there?
"I guess." An answer that wasn't completely true or false. If he was asked that question last year, he would have confidently told the interviewer "yes." However, Max's death had set the tone for years to come, and he wasn't sure how he'd walk the halls without seeing the man's face. It hurt to think about, so Erik shoved the thought aside. "Next question, please."

Do you want to leave?
Erik only shrugged. Max had made Hogwarts come alive for him, but he didn't know where he would go if he left. Home felt like a far off place, even if it was only a train's ride away.

Do you have a job?
"No. I'm a scholarship student."

Are you in a relationship?
"No." His jaw clenched slightly, eyes lowering as he let out a slow breath. Erik was never in a relationship, but Max had held his heart. Even if the latter didn't know it.

How tall are you?
"182 cm."

What do you see when you look in the mirror?
"A very tired, very bored person." To those that saw him, purple was painted underneath his eyes. His tanned skin had a paleness to him as if the sun didn't exist. His dark brown hair tousled in random places. Erik only looked into mirrors when he really needed to because he didn't like the reflection that sometimes mocked his failures. Sometimes seemed like all the time lately.

Are your parents still alive?
"Pops is. I don't know anything about my mom. We don't talk about her."

Do you love them?
"It's complicated."

Do they love you?
"I'm sure my dad does in his own disappointed way." Bitterness and hurt was laced in his tone. His father had been incredibly against everything Erik strived for. His mother? She hadn't been in his life since he was three years old. The woman was nothing but a lost memory.

Who are you closest to?
"I guess..." The name "Max" danced on the tip of his tongue, but he swallowed and let out a small cough. "Gemma, maybe? Or Sofi. I don't know. I've never thought about it."

For what would you betray them?
"Why would I betray them?"

Have you ever been betrayed?
"Not in a way worth noting." His thought drifted to his Freshmen year of secondary school, when a boy caught his attention. Things had never really been the same since.

What does revenge look like to you?
"I don't know."

Do you have any regrets?
"..." Erik had many regrets that stacked on top of each other ever since he was a child. They grew and grew until began feeling so tired that he simply gave up on trying. His most recent regret was never telling Max how he felt, but as his father had pounded into him, maybe some things are better left unsaid.

Do you have any aspirations?
"I want to be an artist. Maybe an astronomical one."

Do you like yourself?
"Enough." Did he? Erik couldn't even stomach his face in the mirror.

Are you important?
"Not really."

Do you have any trauma?
"..." Erik looked away at the question. He didn't like to talk about himself too deeply; his wounds were too deep. Reaching into them would take too long. The yelling, the disappointment, the fear, the pain.

What secrets do you keep?
A shrug was all Erik provided. His sexuality was probably the biggest of his secrets, or maybe it was the fact that he was completely in love with Max.

Have you committed any crimes?
"I don't think so?"

Do you have any hobbies?
"Star gazing, drawing, painting... napping."

What things do you like?
"Astronomy, art, sleep." His lips barely quirked up before dropping back down. "I guess I'm boring."

What things do you dislike?
"Sour foods, babies, people sometimes."

What do you most desire?
"A chance."

What do you dream about?
"My mistakes, usually." There was no hesitation in his voice, the brute honesty taking the interviewer by surprise.

What do you wish was different?
"Last year. Maybe the last 5 years."

Do you have any physical ailments?
No answer, but Erik's right hand seemed to tremble in response. Ever since Max's death, he hadn't been able to properly hold a paintbrush. It was like the sorrow had sucked all the life out of his passions.

Do you have any mental ailments?
"Has anyone told you you're kind of rude?" Depression, mostly.

What are you good at?
"Art. Finding stuff; they kind of just come to me."

What are you bad at?
"Sports, probably. They hurt."

What good things have you done?
"I volunteered at an art camp for children once." He let out a low chuckled. "Realized I didn't really like kids then."

What bad things have you done?
"Will this be going on my record?"

"Sketchbooks, colored pencils, paint, brushes, quills, some snacks for myself and for Simmons."

What are you afraid of?
"Have you stepped outside?" There was a lot to be afraid of, but he was scared of losing himself the most. There was comfort in playing the same part he had for years--the quiet, honest friend who never got too involved.

Is there such a thing as too much power?
"Clearly, you don't watch television or read the news."

Are monsters made or born?
"People monsters or monster-monsters?"

What defines a monster?
"Dictionaries exist if you want the generic definition."

Could you be a monster?
"I think anyone could, deep down."

Do you sleep with a light on?
"Trick question. I mostly sleep in between classes when the sun's out."

Are you afraid?
“Yeah.” His answer was simple yet multiple emotions swerved between each letter.

Do you think you’re ready?
“No.”

Choose only one: flashlight, map, tent.
“Flashlight.”

Choose only one: loneliness, pain, despair.
“Despair.”

Choose only one: life or death.
“Death.”

Last edited:
SOFINA .

What is your name?
“Sofina Annamarie… C-Clarke.” Sofina stuttered softly over her words, eyes flickering from side to side as if searching for someone—an anchor to ground her in the unexpected interview. In the corner of her eyes she saw the ghost of someone no more. Herself as a child. Delphine Maes.

What is your gender?
“I identify as a young woman.”

What is your sexuality?
“Oh, I don’t know… I’ve never really thought about it.” Her head dipped low as heat flushed her cheeks, face and ears burning a bright, ruby red. She bit her lower lip and let her blonde locks fall forwards, a vain attempt at hiding her embarrassment.

What is your age?
“I’m 19 years old.”

What is your birthday?
“March 3rd.” Sofina glanced up to look at the interviewer, wariness in her eyes at how personal the questions were becoming. A light, scratching sound filled the small room as she began picking at her neatly filed nails.

“Hufflepuff.” There’s a faint smile on her lips—barely noticeable to anyone without a keen eye—though a sadness unexpectedly blanketed her face.

“This will be my second year at Hogwarts.”

Do you have a pet?
“I have a Kneazles named Lotus. She’s very sweet, though she may not look it.” Sofina’s shoulders slacken a bit as her smile softens. Lotus was her comfort in the form of an animal since people were so difficult to manage.

What is your patronus?
“I’ve never been able to successfully conjure my patronus, but I think I’ve had dreams of it being a lioness.”

Where were you born?
“In a very small town in Luxembourg. You wouldn’t have heard of it.”

Where do you live now?
“I live here at Hogwarts, year round.”

Do you like it there?
“I do. Sometimes I miss home, though.” It was there again, that phantom sadness that seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere. There was something different about the way it washed over her this time, though.

Do you want to leave?
“Sometimes, yes.”

Do you have a job?
“I work at the library, but I’m also an assistant to our head herbologist.”

“Oh, no!” The rosiness in her cheeks returned, eyes wide in disbelief. She couldn’t believe the interviewer asked such a daring question.

How tall are you?
“165 cm. I think I’m about 5’5 in the imperial system.”

“Myself?” A lie is what Sofina told, but she would never admit her sin out loud. She picked at her nails more vigorously. The interviewer took note of her slightly unkempt, unpolished hair, as if looking into a mirror was too daunting a task. She was afraid to walk past them because she didn’t know what would be watching her back. Blood soaked, ash covered, hollowed cheeks, or maybe empty eyes. Sometimes she could hear screaming.

“No…” She answered with a shaky breath, eyes refusing to meet the interviewer’s gaze. A bead of sweat fell down the side of her cheek, her nerves hidden beneath her thick hair. Breathing felt like an unwanted chore.

Did you love them?
“I still love them. Very, very much.” Sofina blinked back tears as she bit her lip hard enough to draw blood. The interviewer offered a napkin, to which the student quietly gave her thanks. The gesture wasn’t enough to calm her nerves at all, though. All she could smell was ash and burning wood.

Did they love you?
“All they ever did was love me. Please stop asking me questions about them.” A firmness flashed across her normally anxious silhouette. Her crystal blue eyes were uncharacteristically clouded.

Who are you closest to?
“Um… Lotus.” A half-lie. There is a human woman back home that Sofina holds dear. Once a servant to her former family name, the woman soon became a motherly figure after Sofina’s childhood home was burned down.

“Lotus has been with me through everything. I could never betray her.” Sofina’s voice had the tiniest bit of offense in them to hide the information dancing in her eyes. She would never reveal the woman who has saved her life time and time again.

“Many times, but… Lotus was there for me. I-I got through it...” Sofina’s soft and timid nature had always made her a target growing up. People like to pick on the weak, and to everyone that didn’t want to take the chance to know her, Sofina was exactly that.

“Revenge is so evil… I don’t want to think about it.” Though there were times where she thought of what she’d say or do if she ever faced those who took everything away from her.

Do you have any regrets?
“Many.” Her eyes lowered, hands balling into little fists on her lap.

“I’d like to travel and see every magical plant there is. Oh! And be a healer too.” For once there seemed to be a spark in her eyes. Like a small candle in a sea of blackness, fighting to stay alive. Her smile widened slightly, revealing a perfect set of white teeth.

Do you like yourself?
“I- well- that’s a difficult question to answer…” The real answer was no. Sofina hated who she was and who she had become. Once a lively, outgoing child, she’s becoming nothing but an embarrassment to those that may know her by her old name.

Are you important?
“I don’t really know.” The scratching sound became a steady thrum in her ears. The cuticles around her nails were starting to bleed, yet she continued to scratch and peel anyway. To outsiders she was no one important, but to those that recognized the birthmark on her shoulder? Sofina, or Delphine, was the true Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

Do you have any trauma?
“I- um- no.” She stammered. Her head turned side to side, trying to look anywhere and be anywhere but the present. Her heart pounded loudly in her ears, blood rushing to her head as her vision blurred. Thinking about it only reminded her it was real. All the blood and screaming and fire and pain. There was a burning sensation in her side that made her adjust herself in the seat.

“I don’t keep secrets.” When had she become such a liar? Sofina didn’t know, but they kept building and building with each passing day, covering each other like layers of thick paint. Her real name was Delphine; she was the heir to Luxembourg. She was royalty unknown. Forgotten, even. Just how she wanted things to be.

“No…”

Do you have any hobbies?
“Baking and reading… I like to go out into the woods and feed the creatures there too. Sometimes I go just to bring back plant samples.”

What things do you like?
“Books, animals, sweet foods, apples, full moons, dresses, and flowers.”

“People who are mean for no reason.” There was a drop in her voice, eyes falling to her faintly scarred hands.

What do you most desire?
“I want to travel and study magical creatures.” And perhaps one day visit her family’s grave.

What do you dream about?
“Being with magical creatures… being able to talk to people easily.”

“I wish I had a bit of Gryffindor in me.” Though she wished for much, much more.

“I have difficulty sleeping.” The nightmares were often too vivid.

Silence besides the persistent scratching from her nails. Sofina suffers from PTSD and anxiety so severe she finds it difficult talking to people. Recently, she’s become more recluse, though no one can blame her after what she’d experienced last year.

What are you good at?
“I think I’m good at baking and organizing.”

What are you bad at?
“I’m really bad at… talking and making friends. And running.” A sheepish, forced smile emerged as she blushed, eyes never really meeting the interviewer’s gaze.

“I don’t really like to boast.”

“I’ve um… sneaked a few animals into the library. Please don’t tell the head librarian.”

Sofina pulled her moss green bag onto her lap, turning the flap to the side as she began rummaging through its contents. She looked entirely focused on her task, forgetting people were even watching her for a second. “Gloss… tissues… my notebook, a book… some pencils and pens. Normal things, I suppose.”

What are you afraid of?
“Everything.” She seemed to sink into her seat.

“Yes.” Her voice, meek and quiet, trembled. She wanted to provide a more thoughtful response, but nothing came out. Sofina knew it didn’t really matter how much power someone had, but rather, how they decided to wield it was important.

“They’re made.” Sofina doesn’t believe people are inherently evil. Something must’ve triggered the darkness within them.

What defines a monster?
“A monster is someone who would hurt others and not feel any remorse.”

Could you be a monster?
“No, because I would always feel bad about my choices.”

“A small one. I feel bad that it annoys my roommates.”

Are you afraid?
“I’m so afraid.” A snap echoes throughout the room—her nail had cracked. She let out a shaky sob, her body trembling slightly.

“No.”

“Tent.”

“Loneliness.”

“Life.”

Last edited:
GREER .

What is your name?
"Greer Barclay."

What is your gender?
"Female?"

What is your sexuality?
“Does it really matter? I like who I like."

What is your age?
“18.”

What is your birthday?
"July 3rd."

“Gryffindor."

"First."

Do you have a pet?

What is your patronus?

Where were you born?

Where do you live now?

Do you like it there?

Do you want to leave?

Do you have a job?

How tall are you?

Do/did you love them?

Do/did they love you?

Who are you closest to?

Do you have any regrets?

Do you like yourself?

Are you important?

Do you have any trauma?

Do you have any hobbies?

What things do you like?

What do you most desire?

What do you dream about?

What are you good at?

What are you bad at?

What are you afraid of?

What defines a monster?

Could you be a monster?

Are you afraid?
"No."

"Are any of us?"

“Map.”

“Despair."

“Death.”

Last edited:

theo g. rivers

ravenclaw

what is your name?
“Theodore Gail Rivers, at your service.” His right hand flew to his head in a mock solute, a boyish smile forming on his face. He thought it best to make an impression, whether positive or negative, on his interviewer, though he hoped his antics held some charm.

what is your gender?
“Er, um, male.”

what is your sexuality?
“Odd question, but, um, heterosexual.”

what is your age?
“Eighteen!”

what is your birthday?
“I was born on the seventh of May. An exceptional day, if I do say so myself.” Faux confidence, a defense mechanism. His sweaty palms and nervous glances revealed the truth.

“Ravenclaw, and proud of it!”

“I’m a first-year, and quite a bit nervous.”

do you have a pet?
Instinctively, the wavy-haired boy patted his the pocket in which his companion would normally be balled up, “I do! He’s a lovely little rat named Magnus. A smart fellow, too.” His hand slowly, awkwardly fell into his lap when he realized his pet wasn't with him, and his smile flickered for only a moment.

what is your patronus?
“It’s, um, a basset hound.”

where were you born?
“The great city of Manchester! In England, of course.”

where do you live now?
“Uh, Hogwarts?”

do you like it there?
“It’s…crowded, and I don’t get much privacy. Could be worse, I suppose.” It, in fact, could not be worse for Theodore. Ever the recluse, his sudden lack of privacy and isolation left him feeling irritated with his fellow students and eager to return home, where he had his own room.

do you want to leave?
“Sometimes I get a little homesick, but I wouldn’t say I want to leave.”

do you have a job?
“Besides occasionally helping my peers, not really. Although I don’t really get compensated for that either…”

Theodore choked for a moment, “Er…no. Another strange question.” He forced the reply as quickly as he could. He's not in a relationship, and he never has been. His deep brown eyes sunk to the floor.

how tall are you?
“About 179cm, last I checked.”

He looked around the room for a moment; however, it was unclear if he was thinking or avoiding the question, “Hm, that’s a hard question." He remarked, followed by more silence, "I suppose I see my flaws, the things that I wish I could change about myself. Sometimes I’ll picture my father, but I can’t really remember him much these days.” Theodore didn't mean to say so much, it just spilled out of him. He didn't like the question, nor did he like the feeling he was being interrogated more than interviewed.

“Um, my dad passed away when I was young. My mom is still well, though!” Though his father's passing has served as fuel for him for many years, he despises talking about it. His mother never told him the circumstances of his death. When, exactly, it happened, how, or why, it was all a mystery. As he grew older, her secrecy began to drive a wedge between them.

do/did you love them?
“I do. I want to make them proud, both of them.”

do/did they love you?
“Almost certainly!”

who are you closest to?
“Well…my mom wins by default.” A bad joke. Maybe his sheepish smile would endear him to them.

“I…I don’t know. Can we skip this one?” Theodore asked. Even the thought of betraying the only family he had left, his mother, proved too much for him. He wanted to say, 'nothing, nothing at all,' but a part of him, a part deep, deep within him, knew that was a lie. He wanted to know why his father died, or even just how. But could he betray his own mother to know what happened? Maybe.

An eye twitched, and a his smile distorted into a frown, “‘Betrayed’ is such a strong word. Lied to, certainly, but not betrayed.” He replied, honestly. Plenty of people lied to him, his mother included, but did that count as betrayal? He hoped not.

“Justice, maybe. Doing unto one what they have done to you.”

do you have any regrets?
“Dozens, perhaps even hundreds. But you live and you learn.”

“Graduate, for now. I have a couple years before I need to worry about anything beyond that.”

do you like yourself?
“I, uh, like a lot of myself. Not everything, but a lot.”

are you important?
“That depends. In the grand scheme of things? Probably not.”

do you have any trauma?
“Um, my father is dead…I have considered therapy.”

“Important ones. Harmless ones, I’d hope.” He answered, though, truth be told, not many people had ever entrusted Theodore with a secret. Nothing worthwhile, at least.

“No, never!”

do you have any hobbies?
“I write a lot. Usually nonsense, just whatever thoughts pop into my head. Reading, maybe. Is overthinking things a hobby?”

what things do you like?
For maybe the first time throughout this entire interview, a genuine smile graced his lips, “Tons! I’m a bit of a metalhead. People don’t normally believe me when I say that, but it’s true. My old friends and I used to play tabletop games. Um, what else? I like…sweets!” Theodore could've gone on, he enjoyed talking about the things that made him happy, but the interviewer cut him short.

“Honestly, I’m not a big fan of silence. It’s just so…empty. I also don’t really like crowds, either.”

what do you most desire?
“To make my mom proud. My dad, too.” A lie. Theodore wants to make his mother proud, among other things. But he desires acceptance. Knowledge, too, perhaps.

what do you dream about?
“I don’t know if I dream. If I do, I can’t recall them. Probably nonsense anyways.”

what do you wish was different?
A long, contemplative silence as a chewed thumbnail scratched the palm his left hand, “How do you mean?”

“Asthma, technically, but it doesn’t bother me much anymore.”

“Uh, not that I’m aware of.”

what are you good at?
“I’m a good academic. I do quite well in just about anything school related. I’m also quite a good dungeon master, not that it comes in handy often.”

what are you bad at?
“How long do you have?”

“Hm, well, I haven’t killed anyone. Does that count?”

Shame engulfed the boys face, and his eyes refused to meet those of his interviewer, “Sometimes I get angry and I yell at people. I’ve said some things that I regret.” He confessed, chewing his pink lips throughout the following silence.

“Hat trick, three strangely personal questions in one interview. It’s just the necessities. Next question.”

what are you afraid of?
“I know no fear!” He exclaims before a brief pause, “Heights terrify me, and I hate letting people down. Also, talking to people is scary.”

“What’s the saying? Absolute power corrupts absolutely? I think that’s a good answer.” Theodore nodded and gave a small smile, as though he had given the correct answer.

“Made, without a doubt. Evil isn’t born, it’s manufactured.”

what defines a monster?
“That’s a good question. My definition of a monster is someone who is willing to hurt others for their own personal gain without hesitation or remorse. No empathy, no humanity.”

could you be a monster?
“Anyone can become a monster, under the right circumstances.” It didn't technically answer the question, but he began biting the nail of his middle finger to signal he was done with this question. Theodore didn't want to think about becoming a 'monster.' It made him feel guilty. Guilty because it seemed so much easier, so much more enticing, than goodness.

“Absolutely not. How am I supposed to fall asleep if there’s a bright light shining in my eyes!”

are you afraid?
“Sometimes…fear is normal.” He's told himself the very same thing at least a dozen times. It hasn't helped ease his nerves much.

“Er, yeah, maybe. Hopefully. I don’t know. You know what? Yes. Probably.”

“A map.”

“They all sound the same to me but if I have to choose, I’d say loneliness.”

“Life seems like an easy choice.” Although more arduous, he thought. Death is simple, life is complicated.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

• valerie melnyk
    hufflepuff
    what is your name?
    "I'm Valerie, but most folks just call me Val."
    what is your gender?
    Cis female (she/her)
    what is your sexuality?
    "I'm, like, almost 100% sure I'm straight."
    what is your age?
    "I'm 20 years old."
    what is your birthday?
    April 20th.
    "It'll be my second year a Hogwarts." Please don't ask about the first.
    Hufflepuff.
    do you have a pet?
    "I have a 7 year old Ocicat named Forrest."
    what is your patronus?
    "A Black Swan!"
    where were you born?
    "My whole family's from Ukraine. I was born in Kyiv, but we didn't stay there very long."
    where do you live now?
    "The dorms at Hogwarts!"
    do you like it there?
    Hesitation was clear on her features for the first time since the start of the interview. "It's nice, usually." Her voice was quieter than it had been. She wasn't lying, exactly, but it was evident she wasn't sharing the whole truth.
    do you have a job?
    "Not at the moment, though I'd love to score an apprenticeship with the groundskeeper." A job would be a needed distraction this year.
    Val's eyes widened just slightly and a tight-lipped smile formed on her face. "No, not currently." Not since forty one days ago, but who was keeping track?
    appearance
    how tall are you?
    4'10.

Her brows furrowed, the question throwing her off rhythm just slightly. "Um, just myself, which isn't much in all honesty." Her reflection felt underwhelming all around. Too small, too red, too average. Blinking rapidly and tilting her head to the right, she appeared to change her mind: "I see happiness." Seen, but seldom felt.

"Not unless you count my height." It didn't bother her most days, but on others it served as a painful reminder of her destined mediocrity, of her inability to do so many things alone, of her overall weakness and fragility.
    "Oh! I can, like, barely see out of my right eye. I guess that's physical."

❝ you have always approached everything terrible trustfully. you have wanted to pet every monster. ❞
    with others
    "My dad's still around." She seemed unsure about whether or not to continue, uncertain if sharing the details of her father's heartbreak was the correct decision. Holding her tongue had never been her strong suit. "Mom's probably alive, but she's been dead to us for a long time." Holding a grudge had also never been her strong suit, but there were exceptions to every rule. At least she knew she could hold on to something.

do you love them?
    With her right eyebrow quirked slightly and a small smile, Val shrugged. "Dad's all I've got, so what other choice is there?" Why couldn't she just say yes?

do they love you?
    "I like to think so."

who are you closest to?
    Val had to stop herself before his name came out. They weren't close anymore, he made damn sure of that. "Is it a cop-out if I say my cat?" She knew it was, knew her answer was unacceptable, knew the award-winning smile on her face was more of a joke than her answer. Just say a name, Val. "Hunter." Fuck, not that one, not the one she had just tried so hard to choke back. At least they weren't asking who he was. Who he had been.

"I'm not sure I could." Not because she didn't want to. Because he simply did not care enough for her anymore for her to be able to betray him. She's not sure he ever did.

"Yes." By Hunter. By her mother. "It's alright, though. How else are we supposed to grow?"

The hesitation returned. "Like too much trouble." It sounded more and more worth the trouble every day. She could barely admit that to herself.

"No."

deep dive
    do you have any regrets?
    Not being enough to keep her mother around, or her father sober. "I think regrets are a waste of time." Not telling Hunter to go fuck himself. Not keeping in touch with her friends. Not speaking up for herself. "We can't change the past, y'know?" No, but we sure as hell can let it consume us.

Not anymore. "I mean, obviously! Why would I be at Hogwarts otherwise?" Because if she didn't come back, it'd mean he was right. "A career in magizoology is the goal."

do you like yourself?
    "I'm trying to." A year ago, she had.

are you important?
    She paused for a beat before the most sustainable lie she could tell came to her: "We're all important to someone. The grand scheme of things is hardly relevant in our day to day lives." She believed the second half, sure, but the first? Being important to someone, anyone, becomes difficult after cutting everyone off for some boy.

do you have any trauma?
    "No." The lie felt heavy in her mouth. The question made her want to scream.

"I try to be as open as possible." More screaming. Her whole life felt like a secret these days.

do you have any hobbies?
    Finally, a normal fucking question. "I enjoy gardening, painting, baking, and learning about magical creatures."

what things do you like?
    "I'm a big fan of sweets, animals, and long walks. Oh, and water! Like, swimming and stuff."

"Black coffee, swearing, rude people, and when people make assumptions about others." About me.

"Not to my knowledge."

what are you good at?
    "I'd say I'm good at comforting others!" Clearly not good enough. "Taking care of the animals, too. I can also bake alright, and I draw 'n' paint sometimes."

what are you bad at?
    Comforting people. "I have, like, no sense of direction. Reaching things on the top shelf. Um, I guess I'd say I'm a bad judge of character."

"I like to think most of my life has been spent doing good. As far as specifics, though, I've helped nurse creatures back to health, and I tell myself I've been a positive influence in my friends' lives."

A small frown settled on her face. "I'm not sure." Ruin my dad's life. Let Max die. Abandon all my friends.

"My phone, some lipstick, mascara, my wallet, and a book."

what are you afraid of?
    "Hurting people." More than I already have.

is there such thing as too much power?
    She nodded quickly. "Absolutely. History's littered with examples of power's corruption."

what defines a monster?
    "Selfishness."

"Made, usually." A layer of discomfort was evident in her tone. She'd watched her father transform into a monster before her very eyes. Then again, she had been born, and does making a monster out of someone else not make her one as well?

"I started to recently." The nightmares had started a little over two months ago.

are you afraid?
    "Constantly."

do you think you're ready?
    "I'm not sure."

flashlight
    reason
    "I'm not, like, scared of the dark or something." She hesitated, chewing on the inside of her cheek. "It's just nice to know what you're walking into, y'know?"
    pain
    reason
    "Physical." She cast her gaze downwards, almost reluctant to continue. Her eyes shifted as she carried on, refusing to meet those of the interviewer. "We need other people to survive, and hope gets us through anything. Pain, compared to the loss of those things, is nothing." Nothing, or just a habit she kept slipping back into?
    life.death
    reason
    Her empty eyes finally settled on the interviewer's. "Life."

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
astoria finch
astoria finch
astoria finch
astoria finch

❝ What is your name? ❞
Smoothing out the skirt on her legs, the girl sat up straight, eyes directed at the interviewer. "My name is Astoria Briar Finch."

❝ What is your gender? ❞
"Female."

Don't hesitate. "Heterosexual."

❝ What is your age? ❞
"I am 19 years old." Getting older really never got any easier.

"My birthday is March 4th."

A gentle smile lasted for a few moments before the woman cleared her throat. "A thestral."

❝ What is your house? ❞
"I am a proud Gryffindor. Not sure if red is my color though."

❝ Do you have a pet? ❞
"Yes. I have a Kneazle. His name is Sirius." A deep red blush spread across her face as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear nervously. "Let's just say I got very involved in learning about the wizarding wars and found that some witches and wizards were very impressive. Lasting impressions."

"I'm currently a second year."

❝ Where were you born? ❞
"Um, I'm not exactly sure. I was at least raised partially in Scotland and London."

“I live at Hogwarts!”

“Of course I do! I think it's a lovely place to be"

Shaking her head, the student sighed softly, not sure what awaited her after graduation. "Honestly? Not really. This place has been a source of comfort and safety for me and I think it'll be difficult to leave it all."

❝ Do you have a job? ❞
"Yes, I do! I tutor and I work as an aid to the potions professor."

An awkward laugh left Astoria as she shook her head, arms crossing her chest to create an X. "Oh, Merlin no. I don't think I'm exactly relationship material."

❝ How tall are you? ❞
"I believe I'm about 178cm? I'm not sure, to be honest."

"I see my freckles and very straight eyebrows." It wasn't a lie, but she saw more than just that. She saw the features of her mother, the ones that damned the woman for eternity, and sentenced her daughter to a life of pain. She saw the tainted stains on her body, spreading across her skin like a disease, reminding her of the sins that were committed against her. Ones that she seemingly brought onto herself.

"I'm not entirely sure if my birth parents are. My foster parents are not."

❝ Do you love them? ❞
"After everything? Yes, I still do. It's a difficult thing to admit, at least for me."

❝ Do they love you? ❞
"I hope that they do. Or did..."

"Probably my cat."

"Nothing, he is the most precious thing to me."

The mask cracked. The smile faltered and fell. Fingers trembling for a moment, Astoria furrowed her brows slightly before she forced herself to be brave. A deep breath and her gaze hardening for a moment, she answered. "Yes, I have. Awful thing that is, betrayal."

"Mmm, I'm not entirely sure. I've never had that desire."

"I'd like to say no, but that would be a lie."

"That's a difficult question. I really want to have a career in quidditch, but if that doesn't work, perhaps an Auror or something pertaining to potions."

She bit her lip for a moment, thinking over the question carefully. Did she actually like herself? Sometimes she did, but she wasn't sure. "Probably? At least most of the time I do."

❝ Are you important? ❞
"I think so."

"Um, that's a rather loaded question." There was a lot of trauma that dwelled within her. From the abandonment of her birth parents to the tragedy of her foster family, it continued to build up inside of her, desperate to escape. Even the previous year, it had shaken her to her core when she heard the news. It was all a delicate tower and she was frantically trying to brace it in an attempt to keep it from falling.

"Just the ones I need to. You know how it is."

"Not that I'm aware of."

Finally, a normal question. "I do actually! Quidditch for starters, potions, studying Thestrals, pottery, drying plants, and journaling. I think that's it?"

"Um, the things I listed for my hobbies, um, meteor showers, magical creatures, the ocean, and possibly a few other things but I can't think of anything."

"Talking about my family's death, overly bitter or sour things, crying in front of people, messy things, losing stuff, bad grades."

"Living a life my parents would be proud of."

"That's rather complicated. I dream about loads of things."

"Myself? Sometimes at least. Only because it would've saved a lot of people's pain if I was a different type of child or never existed."

"I don’t think so? Maybe one too many concussions haha”

"I think so.” There was no thinking about it. She did. PTSD, anxiety, depression, it was all there.

"My studies, quidditch, learning new things, preserving plants, potions, things of that sort. Nothing exciting.”

❝ What are you bad at? ❞
"I am terrible when it comes to cooking, dark magic, healing magic, simply dreadful when it comes to that. And then probably planning things that don’t involve quidditch.”

"Umm, I’m not exactly sure. Maybe just being a good person that’s kind?”

A subtle flinch passed through her body as she fixed her hair a bit. “I’m not sure.” She had a difficult time knowing if the bad things that had happened to her were her fault or not.

“Just some random things mostly. Like protein bars, an extra change of clothes, some books, quidditch schedule, my journal, stuff for writing, wallet, some potions… I have a charm on my bag so I fit a lot haha.”

"A lot of things. Mostly the dark though.”

"I think so.”

“I think they are made.”

"Somebody horrible. Somebody who is distorted and likes the thrill of poisoning things and hurting those around them. To me, that is a monster.”

"I want to believe I never could.”

"Yes I do. Scared of the dark, remember”

❝ Are you afraid? ❞
"Yes, but not always.”

"I don’t think it’s possible to be ready.”

"A flashlight."

"Pain."