• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Low Life

Boombox

Before I present my one-shot game set in the universe of “Altered Carbon”, I have doubt I’ll be running it anytime soon and merely post this as an interest check. I’m writing this through mobile so sorry if the formatting is off.

Low Life

7A55496F-BC54-4E0A-9ECC-E53C440EE1D6.jpeg

Man, this city stinks. You’d think that being able to get rid of having to die would make us, humans, better? That we’d work together and build a utopia for our children? Think again, brother. We ain’t nothing but ego-driven beasts.”

Far in the future, Humanity had managed to cheat the natural cycle of life by chance discovery of a material that could allow them to write a person’s very soul onto it, a DHF or ‘Stacks’ as they’ve been commonly called. These creations, called miraculous by some and abysmal creations by others, allow humans to effectively live forever through sleeves- human bodies. Being inserted into them as if a data stick into a blank machine.

Although the original intent was to allow humans to never fear death again their purpose was soon twisted by the nature of Humans alone and separated them into two classes; the infinitely rich ‘Meths’ and the rest of rabble whom are too poor to purchase sleeves. With the one thing that made all humans equal in the end, death, gone.

Though of course the destruction of a person’s DHF means their assured death, the Meths managed to cheat even that, creating a system of uplinks and DHF back-ups that allowed them to become truly eternally immortal, allowed them to become ‘gods’. With the balance of nature disrupted there were those who sought the restoration of the cycle, they called themselves the Uprising, they were too crushed by those immortal ‘gods’ and their cause scattered with the wind and declared terrorists. Now, two hundred years after, rare are the few who know the course of history as it was and humanity plunged into a dystopian existence.

You are a resident (or not) of Bay City, a part of the rabble who looks into the sky at night and wishes they could make it big, surely you are lucky enough to become one of the few?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back