Low Budget Games?

Toivoajarakkaus

* Toi-Voie-Jar-A-Kker-Ar-Us (They/Them)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As A Gamer, I LOVE To Find Good Games... Now If I Could Only Find Low Prices For Them.

Do You Have Favorite Games That You Didn't Have To Empty Your Pockets For?

Waiting for humble bundles/steam sales is great if you're on a budget! I've gotten a lot of great games that way. I don't know if there are any going on right now though?

Aside from that, I'm not sure what genres you're into, but Stardew Valley and Undertale are both quite good and under $20.

I don't know what kind of games you would want... Maplestory is completely free unless you wanna start spending cash (DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP). I heard Overwatch was also free. As a non-hardcore gamer, this is all I can offer you really.

I don't know what kind of games you would want... Maplestory is completely free unless you wanna start spending cash (DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP). I heard Overwatch was also free. As a non-hardcore gamer, this is all I can offer you really.

Overwatch isn't free. It's 40$ for the game, and 60$ for the Origins edition. I believe collector's edition is 179$

Armored Brigade is freeware, though there is a commercial version in development. But it's already very playable and will keep you going for hours. Or if you like flying, try falcon 4.0. Just be sure to get the 4.33 bms modernization from the modding community.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually stalk Steam Sales, Origin's On the House and Humble Bundle. Great way to get games for a low price! ^^ Witcher 1+2, full editions for 5€ on humble last time. Worth :3

One of my favorite (kind of strange) games is Elona. There's a version called "Elona+" which is a fan-made expansion.

It's basically a rogue-like, pixelated game with lots of JRPG elements. You can customize your character's companions speech and stuff, which is cool. The game has a lot of broken English though (it's originally a Japanese game), and I did say it was...weird. Probably wouldn't let kids play it, but teens should be fine with it.

You have 2 options for budget gaming: steam sales and G2A.  G2A is a site where you can buy copies of games for a discount.  In any case, CSGO, Portsl...World of Tanks (WoT is F2P), Neverwinter...

the list goes on and on.

You have 2 options for budget gaming: steam sales and G2A.  G2A is a site where you can buy copies of games for a discount.  In any case, CSGO, Portsl...World of Tanks (WoT is F2P), Neverwinter...

the list goes on and on.

G2A is a shady gray market key seller that sells stolen keys. Honestly can't recommend it. Using legitimate bundle sites like HumbleBundle that actually support the games you buy is much more reasonable, even if it costs you a few extra dollars.

Warframe is completely free, so is Neverwinter, Dota, LOL, HOTS, and tf2

OFF is a French RPG that got really popular in 2011. As far as I know it's still free, but I'm honestly not sure where you would be able to get it.
There are many really good indie horror games for free! Ib, One Late Night, Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion (previously Spooky's House of Jump Scares) and Which. Dreaming Mary is a good one too, but it deals with very sensitive topics.
The first chapter of Bendy and the Ink Machine is free, but chapter 2 and 3 are $6 each.
Life is Strange also has a free first chapter, and 2-5 are bundled for $20. It's one of my absolute favorites and is very replayable.
Portal 1 and 2 are $10 and $20 respectively. They're platform puzzle games and where "the cake is a lie" comes from.
Klei Entertainment makes great games that aren't super expensive. Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together (multiplayer, comes with Reign of Giants DLC but doesn't have a story like the original game) are both $15 and Invisible, Inc. is $20.

I hope this is helpful! A lot of these games are pretty spooky so I'm sorry if that's not really your thing! ^^'

Gamefly is pretty good with discounts. I found that their prices are better than GameStop. You can do a 'test run' of the game without actually buying it in case you don't like it.

Basically steam sales. If you’re still playing on a console, then expect console prices lol

I couldn't recommend Undertale enough, it quickly became my #1 favourite game before I even got halfway through. The characters are bright and humourous, the story is quite compelling, the 16-bit-esque graphics appealed to me, and it's only 10 bucks, as I recall.
Also, if you're gonna go for Undertale, I wouldn't recommend looking anything up about it. You can hardly breathe on the game without inhaling spoilers. Go into it as blind as you possibly can, that's the best way.

It really depends on what you're looking for but I've gotten hours and hours of playtime from Terraria, Starbound and Stardew Valley and they're all under $20 each, with Terraria ringing in at about $10.

Momodora reverie under the moonlight is a good side scroller for $10 on PS4 and PC.
There's also Paladins which is a free FPS (And my only exception for this genre) that came out around the time Overwarch did. However, it's not as popular because people bash on it and call it rip-off even though the only things similar are a few character designs and the game's artstyle.

You can find OFF easily with a quick google search. Cave story is also free and available with a google search.

Like another person said, Maplestory is pretty fun. It might not be for you but I've poured hours into it without having to spend a single penny.

Blood and Bacon is a surreal and batshit insane game with heaping tons of violence and body parts as you slaughter mutant pigs for a reason I don't know. The game is incredibly fun and fast-paced, and it for a grand total of one dollar on Steam, you can start playing this game (as in seriously, this game has a file size of a little more than 300 MB).

Warframe got to back fam.
You want ninjas?
You want guns?
You want aliens?!
You want space ninjas?!?!
Warframes got all the stuff, all for the low-low price of nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back