• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Age of Lovecraft is upon us. The world has been cast into a perpetual shadow. Creatures of Lovecraftian horror have entered our lives. Gods of Cthulhu horror have laid claim to our world. It is truly the Apocalypse.

For those who have grown bored with the zombies of Walking Dead, this world may be for you. (Personally the walkers lost their appeal when they became no more than part of the scenery.)

The RP is set in about 2030. It will have a little of the feel of Fear the Walking Dead in the the arrival of the horrors will be recent. Martial law will be in effect in many places. There will be cults, raiders, gangs, Us/Them mentality, paranoia, madness, etc.

Characters
Characters can come from all walks of life. However, as this is to become a group, think of the ethics of a group like that seen in Walking Dead. Survival will be the goal - of the group. Loners are generally not going to survive for long.

Design Considerations:
Think about who your character was before. Then maybe come up with a backstory and evolution to their current state. You could be an ex-cop, military, a waitress, paramedic, etc. Skills will be important, so think of these. People have hobbies. Take some guy who played a little too much AD&D and was a computer geek. Suddenly his skills may be useful. However, OP is not what I am looking for.

Multiple Characters
I strongly recommend one adventurous type of main character, one less so, and one expendable. We can always meet new characters in the story as we go.

Faith, Magic, and Psychics
WIP
Magic comes with a price. This usually involves sacrifices and the corruption of one’s soul.

Faith.

Psychics. Being a psychic is its own price. Being sensitive to psychic energies also means being vulnerable to it as well. While you may be a great early warning system, you can also become a liability.

Character Sheet
Yes, I will require one per character.

Lore
I plan to create a bunch of creatures. Up to you guys whether I make these public for all to read or not. I will at least have pics and descriptions. To be honest, I have some source material available, but have yet to read it. Sooo, I have no idea how lethal the monsters will be … yet. (Winces and braces for the sounds of screams and monsters feasting on human flesh…)

I plan to have cults evolve. This will mean the possible arrival of evil gods, Ancient Ones, or other servants.

Posting
3rd Person, Past Tense
Modest literacy, decent spelling and grammar
Good content. No one liners. A few good paragraphs at least.
Frequency. I work a 70 hour week, but can still manage daily posts most of the time. No, I am NOT asking for that, but if job, family and/or school is going to keep you busy constantly, please don’t join. It’s not fair to others. That said, I am looking for posts at least every 2 to 3 days.

Last edited:
Definitely interested but a couple quick questions!
1. Are you planning on keeping everything on RPN, or will there be a Discord server as well
2. What sort of face claims are you after (or is it just descriptions)?

This will be all on RPN. Every time I try to add a Discord OOC, there is always someone who has problems with that.

I prefer images. Photo or good artwork with the face shown well. I also add descriptions to some of my characters.

I have a small sampling of monsters and entities in the Lore section. I will be looking for more "random", Void, and Cult type critters.

Added a Background Tab to the Blank CS. Don't worry about being elaborate. Some backgrounds are simple. If so, leave them simple and maybe elaborate the recent past a little.

Also added a character to my CS post. You will note that I simply deleted parts that didn't apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back