• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love Paradise: Ex on the Beach - Participants

Other
Here

DarkiusHeavenstein

Creator of my own little Universe
Welcome to season four episode one of...
Love Paradise

The singles have signed up (or are signed up by family/friends/etc) for their perfect summer holiday. They shall be spoiled at a tropical island, everything available to them and everything will be paid for. Why? Because they will be the stars in a new reality tv show called Love in Paradise. They will share the house with the other singles, there will be a mini bar, an indoors and outdoors pool, an air hockey table, a gaming room, and everything else you can imagine.

They have the room to go on romantic and fun dates, like scuba diving or hiking or a horseback ride down the beach, with the single of their dreams. There will be secret and crazy assignments to earn some extra credit, which can either be used on the island or turned into money once the show is over. There are just two rules for the 12 weeks they are on the island. One; no one is to leave the island, unless they have to due to their own or others safety. And two; no one is allowed to contact anyone outside the island.

So what is the catch? Here is the part that the characters will not know. Firstly they were told they would all have their luxurious rooms, but never informed of the fact they will have to share. Secondly; this season of Love Paradise is called: Ex on the Beach. Everyone is indeed single, but some have some history together... So will the exes take blunt revenge, will old loves thrives again? Or will new relationships blossom up and be destroyed again? Can you be friends with the ex of the girl you are having a fling with? Do you believe the rubbish the ex of your current dream man tells you?

Find out more in the next episode of
Love Paradise: Ex on the Beach
Character Sheets
You are free to fill out the sheet however you want. You can use as much or as little coding if you want, we judge on what is written and not on how it looks. It is meant to be answered as if it is an interview, but you are free to give it your own spin. They are being questioned, while they are on the way to the Island/Mansion where they will be staying.

"Welcome to 'Love Paradise'. So, tell us a bit about yourself? Let's start with your full name, age and where you are from…"

"Perhaps a bit dull, but let’s be inclusive to those who might not be able to see. But how you describe your own physique?"

"So, what do you consider your strong points?"

"Oh splendid. Yet everyone has a bit darker side right?"

"Haha, we are all human after all. So what do you like to do?"

"Wonderful! Now what are your petpeeves?"

"Good! One last general question before we get to the juicy stuff. What are you currently doing and where do you see yourself in the future?"

“So, let’s say your house is burning down, what are the three things you would safe? You can assume every person and animal in the house is safe.”

“What is an (embarrassing) thing you are not able to do, while you should be able to?”

“How do you relax after a stressful day/period?”

“Do you have any hidden (silly) talents that you wish to share?”

"Okay. Now that we have a view of who you are. Why are you still single?!”

“Ah, yes. So is that the reason you decided to sign up? Or were you signed up for this?”

"Well thank you for your time. Is there anything else you'd like to share?"
Roles
Please note that not all roles will be filled, or have to be filled. These are just little ideas. You are free to make up your own kind of relationship or send in a character with no designated role yet.

~ Forced Ending ~
Their love was strong, the relationship healthy and yet they were for some reason forced to break up. But who knows, maybe one of them, or both, still regrets it. And this might be their chance...
Dante DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein
Partner Two: Taken iShyShy iShyShy

~ High School Sweethearts ~
They were goig strong together all through highschool and everyone for sure thought they would end up marrying and living happily ever after with their perfect kids, beautiful mansion and typical white picked fence. However to everyone's surprise, things didn't end up that way.
Partner One: Deni Kim tamarapasek tamarapasek
Partner Two: Open

~ Hot and Cold ~
They kiss and make up, and they fight and break up. They are worlds apart and yet sticking together. They can’t stand each other, nor could they be without each other. No matter what this was the break up that everybody could see from miles away, but will it be a permanent one this time?
Partner One: Skylar Anne Marie Cavallo Tori Bradley Tori Bradley
Partner Two: Reserved by weather_or_not weather_or_not

~ One and One makes Three ~
One cheated, the other found out. Or maybe both cheated? Or maybe it had just been rumors that broke them? Or maybe it was all just an missunderstanding?
The Cheater: Open
The Cheated: Open
The Side piece: Open

~ Forever Alone ~
That person who has the talk, the walk, the everything, but still never has been in an relationship. Maybe they never dated, because they are not interested? Maybe they tried, but just never been able to make them stick? Now any partners cannot run far, or be avoided...
Demetrius Watkins Veil Walker Veil Walker

~ Not Enough ~
After those first few dates are over and the special shine is gone, there is just not enough left to make it through as a couple. Or maybe it only stopped sparkling for one of them?
Partner One: Open
Partner Two: Open

~ Truth or Dare ~
It started as a simple game, just a bet. They had to seduce the other for one night, yet unknown to them the other had been crushing for ages already. So it was an easily won challenge, but was that the end of this play?
The Gambler: Open
The Victim: Josephine Lowery blue-jay blue-jay

~ Undecided ~
Unlimited amount
Isolde de Vries DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein
Xiomara Hart mood6 mood6
Ambrose Parker LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki
Interest Check: Can be found right here
OOC: Discord invitation will be send if you tell me you are interested
In Character: Hopefully that will come!

Last edited:

ZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg

Isolde de Vries
Undecided

• "Welcome to 'Love Paradise'. So, tell us a bit about yourself? Let's start with your full name, age and where you are from…"
    "My name is Isolde de Vries, I am a twenty-four year old lady. I am born and raised in Atherton, California. So, yeah, you could say I am a bit of a rich girl."

"Perhaps a bit dull, but let’s be inclusive to those who might not be able to see. But how you describe your own physique?"
    "No problem at all. I stand 5'6", with nice C-cup breast and an hourglass figure with a nice ass and flat stomach. My heels will help me cheat to get another 3 to 4 inches on height and accentuate my long legs. Sorry, I am pretty much used to giving my details, due to modeling work and beauty peagants and the like." There was a subtle roll of her eyes as she shook her head a bit. "I have blue grey eyes, like my father, and straight brown hair that has slightly faded blond tips now. I mostly were it down and lose, but I can do an updo as well and if I feel like it, I curl it for special occassions. My make up is mostly kept natural with a nice pink lip color. And surprisingly to most I have one little tattoo, which is not even that hidden." She turns her left arm to reveal the f(x)=|x| on it.

"My strong points are that I am very hard working, I am not an easy quiter and I will continue to get the results even when things might be difficult. Further more I am very caring for each and everyone, I want to make sure everyone is okay and comfortable and taken care of. Last but not least I am very supportive of other people. I am openminded to any kind of believes and/or lifestyles. I also am known to fully be on board of any plans and will see if I can help other achieve their goals."

"Oh, my bad side? You really don't wanna be on it." An melodic chuckle sounded as she gave a playful wink. "As a perfectionist, I can be really defensive when you point out a mistake to me. I am trying to work on it, but I don't handle critism too well. People have told me that I am arrogant and a bit smug, but I am just used to a certain lifestyle. I am not looking down on others, but I do expect nothing but the best, I guess?" Isolde shrugged softly as she tried to think of something more. "I am a bit study-obsessed. So I quickly forget the world around me once I get into my subjects and I will be highly irritable if someone disturbs me."

"I love to teach and tutor other people, if they are truly interested in the subject. I enjoy some good puzzles and brainteasers, especially those logic puzzles with the grids, you know?" Her hands moving to draw out the kind of puzzle she ment. "I am a fan of a good wine and dine with a pleasant conversation partner. And of course my studies, mathematics will always keep me going."

"People who are late, nothing can grind my gears more than that. We made an appointment, so be there on time. I don't wanna waste my time waiting around for someone, you know?" Her nose crunching up a bit to show her displeasement. "Lackadaisy people is something else that really annoys me. If you are not gonna put in any effort... Just get out of my sight. And last but not least, bigots of any kind, but especially sexist people or mansplainers when it comes to my subjects. I have a master degree... I think I know my maths, so thank you very much for the absolutely unnecessary explanation.." She is silent for a bit, before suddenly straightening up. "OH! And poeple who call instead of text? Yeah, just.. can we just delete the call feature of a phone? That would be majorly helpful."

"Good! One last general question before we get to the juicy stuff. What are you currently doing and where do you see yourself in the future?"
    "I just finished my research masters summa cum laude, just like my bachelors, so I am now on the job hunt. I am hoping become part of a mathematical research team and perhaps do some part-time teaching job at the university. But we will see."

“So, let’s say your house is burning down, what are the three things you would safe? You can assume every person and animal in the house is safe.”
    "My dads shirt. It is the only thing I have left of him and it gives me reassurance on the hard days. Napper the Sloth, which is a sloth-plushie that I got from my brother when I started my studies and has been my lucky charm ever since. And last but not least my laptop of course, since it has all my courses and research and everything important on it."

“What is an (embarrassing) thing you are not able to do, while you should be able to?”
    Isolde laughed, her head falling forward a bit before she looked up again. "Being able to hold a phone conversation without walking a marathon around the couch, I guess?"

"Depending on how intense the stress is, I do some yoga at the end of the day. Or simply lay down for fifteen minutes on my spiked math and force myself to think of nothing but my body. I also go on spa days and to an accupunturist every three months to fully relax and work out any tension."

"I have superb mental calculation skills and on top of that I can chirp like a bird." She smiled, before giving a demonstration of some bird sounds."

"Did I say I am extremely study oriented yet? I just didn't have the time or interest... I think my last boyfriend kinda got sick of always coming second to my studies..." Will be adjusted when her role is decided. I think she could work as being the Cheated (or (unaware) Side Piece), High School Sweethearts or Not Enough.

“Ah, yes. So is that the reason you decided to sign up? Or were you signed up for this?”
    "My brother, Tristan, and my mom signed me up for this. I think Tristan decided I deserved a vacation and some love, and my mom would like to see some grandchildren... But uh, we will see about that. I think I will go with Tristans decision that I needed a vacation."

"Nope, not really. I am looking forward to this and meeting the others." She smiled brightly towards the camera.

Last edited:

NTAyIiwiZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg

Dante
Forced Ending

• "Welcome to 'Love Paradise'. So, tell us a bit about yourself? Let's start with your full name, age and where you are from…"
    "Hello, I am Lorenzo d'Antonio. I am 29 years old and I am from Napels, Italy. God, this almost sounds like those introduction you often see on competition shows. Then again... this is a tv show. Anyway please just call me Dante, Lorenzo is my dads name and yeah, I know, very original namegiving in my family."

"Uhm well, I am a male. Let's start there. I am 6'2" and have a rather athletic swimmers body. I have no idea what my exact weight is at the moment, but healthy? I have dark brown hair that I usually just tossle a bit. I keep the sides a bit shorter and let the top just do as it wants. It is very curly and very soft. My eyes are enchanting light blue mix. As far as facial hair goes, I try to keep it in check, but I don't like being clean shaven either."

"I am very true to my zodiac sign, Pisces, not that I believe in that kind of thing, but it kinda gets rubbed a lot into my face. I am very compassionated. I am kind and empathic. I like to help people and support their dreams. I am also deeply inituitive, so I will sense when something is wrong on before hand. This also means I don't always have logical reasoning for decisions I make. Despite being a bit of a smooth talker and someone that likes to explorer options, I am extremely faithful and loyal. Definitely in my relationships, like shit, I mean am still hung up on my ex, which I shouldn't be. We are exes for a reason after all" Dante sighed softly, before smiling brightly again. "But I am also very loyal with my friends and my jobs. I will never just abandon you or give up on something."

"Ohhh, bad stuff. I have been told I am extremely selfless and have no backbone. Due to my nature to help, care and nuture I often put the needs of other people before my own. This also results in me often doing things I don't like in the first place, because I have a hard time saying no. I am also a true escapist, like most Pisces are." He gave a bit awkward chuckle, as he rolled his eyes at himself. "I will avoid confrontations at all costs, and I really don't like taking the heat in an argument. Another problem that comes with this that I am very forgiving and overly trusting, even when perhaps I shouldn't. You can break my heart and trust a million times, and I will still let you come back to me. That really sounds bad now that I say it out loud, but it is true."

"I love working on new scripts and characters. I just feel it would be a bit weird to say I love my job and a bit too obvious to say I love acting. So yeah, I like working on characters. Even when I am not working or casted, I like to just generate some character description and envision my self portraying them and how I would do that. Besides that I like to cook, of course the italian kitchen is my absolute favorite, and honestly I suck with anything else. I love going on morning runs, or having morning work outs, this body does not maintain itself after all. So if I bulk on snacks, I do have to do some training." He pulled the shirt a bit up to show off a perfect six pack. "Random fact about me; I absolutely adore axolotls. They are just so funny little creatures. I will miss Axel and Lottie. Look!" Enthusiastically he took out his phone and held it out. "Here you can see them chilling together. And this is them explorering. Axel is the darker one. I am really like one of those persons showing all their dog pics. So sorry. I will stop now."

"Rudeness of any kind. There is no need to make someone else feel bad about themselves or be bad mannered or anything. It is so unnecessary. It can really file me up. Even just thinking of it now! Another thing is arrogance and entitlement. And I deal with that a lot in my profession. Just because you are a seasoned actor, you are not worth any more than the side role. We are all still human. You are talented yes, but that is no reason to thing you are better than anyone else. Another petpeeve is when you are doing the dishes and you have that drop of dirty dishwasher slolwy running down your arm to your elbow? Disgusting. Same for standing in water while wearing socks!"

"Carreer wise I had a bit of an adventure in America with starring in the series 'True Blood'. I got another werewolf part in the series 'Teen Wolf'. And even was asked for one of my favorite series, which I of course couldn't say no to. So I have also portrayed one of the hunter in Supernatural. Unfortunately my character was rather quickly killed, since personal circumstances. Now I am focussing on my carreer in Italy, and I am one of the main actors in a great series called 'Suburra'. We just finished shooting the third season. But that is a little secret, so shhhh." His eyes sparkled as he put his finger in front of his pouted lips.

"I wanted to say Axel and Lottie, but they are already safe... My photo album. There are lots of priceless memories in there that I absolutely don't wanna forget or get burned. My mothers ashes, I wouldn't want her to burn twice." Dante laughed a bit half hearted and more awkwardly. "And last, the signed script of my Supernatural adventure! Lovely memories with the guys."

"I cannot snap my fingers. Maybe people tried to teach me, but I just... I cannot." He shrugs a bit.

"This is gonna sound very idiotic, but talking to Axel and Lottie helps a lot. They are very good listeners. Sometimes I will go on an evening run. Or just by going on a swim in my pool. Or have a long bath."

"I can roll and fold my tongue. I can make a clover with my tongue even... It is a fun party trick I guess? Oh, and I can tie a knot with my tongue. Nothing useful but hey..." He gave an one shoulder shrug.

"Well... It isn't easy as an actor to find someone that is truly interested in the you and not the fame that comes with it. And... I may have a very high standard, because... I just never did much dating. I still regret having let my ex go."

"I just wanted to get away from the craze that comes with my work. A little vacation. Even though this is all on camera as well, it is very different from scripted work and series. And perhaps there is a tiny bit of self advertisment as well. Who knows?" He gave a quick wink towards the camera, before laughing brightly.

"I am very looking forward to this adventure! Though it is weird to be on camera as my true self"

e107e9b63ed33d361d2f5a3c5b800872.jpg
"Welcome to 'Love Paradise'. So, tell us a bit about yourself? Let's start with your full name, age and where you are from…"
"You seriously don't know who I am? I made Forbes 30 under 30 the last three years, man! Fine. My name's Demtrius Watkins. I'm 26 from Compton, California."

"I'm a dainty fairy princess. Ugh. I'm six feet tall, and I'm on the thin side. I try to avoid working out, but occasionally run. I have long light brown hair, that I wear in dreads that I redo every few days or so. I have brown eyes. As for facial hair, occasionally I forget to shave and I get some stubble."

"Other than being smarter than you? Not that that's a high bar or anything. Everything I do is to make the world a better place. When my sister died on the transplant list, I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I'm determined, focused, and I've already accomplished my initial goals. I'm a loyal person once you get to know me, and I love my family."

Is that a black joke? I can be cold and distant. I'm stubborn, and I can be pretty arrogant. I make too many jokes, and I don't always take people's feelings into account. I sometimes lose track of time due to my constantly processing mind.

"Don't compare me to you. At least I'm doing something with my life, Mr. Crappy TV Show Presenter. I like to build, and to invent. I love music. It's one of the things I can't start my day without."

"People who are in it for the glory, or to be recognized. Yeah, my name's everywhere these days, and I kinda hate it. I never did any of this to be famous. I just didn't want to see another kid die who shouldn't. Another pet peeve of mine is people who chew with their mouth open. Like why, bro? Just shut your mouth."

I just finished prototyping the world's first 3D bioprinter to assist in printing organic artificial organs and limbs. Now I'm on to my next project, which for technical reasons I can't talk about. Just know that it's going to be big.

"Lucia's picture. There's nothing else in my house that I can't replace. It's just stuff. I can't replace her picture though. It's the only one I have."

"Act like a normal person for more than five minutes? My head's too cluttered for me to just sit and talk to someone."

"Weed."

"I can do that coin trick. You know, the one where it runs over your fingers?"

"I haven't found anyone who can quiet the noise in my head. And I've been too busy to look."

"I was kidnapped and thrown in a van, man. I have no idea why I'm here."

"Mom, pops. Don't worry, I'm not dead. To my competitors: best use the time you have, cause when I come back it's war. Oh, and you should let me go. Because otherwise I will buy this company and-"

*END TRANSMISSION*

a show stopping number; is something you die for

xiomara hart - 24 - female - undecided

"Hi, I'm Xiomara Hart, but I go by Xio for the most part. " She pauses for a moment and her face drops "Yes, the fabulous Isobel Hart is my identical twin. Are we over that yet? I'm twenty four and I was born in Tijuana, Mexico, but I was raised in New York."
"The first thing people tend to comment on is my height. I'm barely five feet tall and rather curvy for my size, so go ahead and get all your short jokes out now. Other than that, I suppose that I am not exactly muscular. I don't really work out, but I guess I appear somewhat fit? I'm very weak though. I have long dark brown hair, that is naturally curly but I prefer it straight. I mostly wear darker makeup and clothes that would be considered edgy. I do have a few tattoos, but they are rather small." When prompted, she agrees to show them, explaining that one of her adoptive sisters is a tattoo artist. She has one on her ribs, one matching with her twin sister, and one on her inner elbow.
"My strongest personality trait is probably that I am a mom friend. I just really enjoy taking care of other people, so I'm always the person who brings extra snacks for my friends and I call my best friends honey, and stuff like that. I try my best to be as understanding as possible and I always try to encourage other people to do the same. That being said, my love language is absolutely insulting people. I'm really sarcastic and I came figure out comebacks pretty easily, which I consider a great thing. You know that I like you when I start to rip into you."
"Generally, I tend to be very a very negative person and I think the worst of most situations, which probably isn't all that healthy. Oh well. I also am not very trusting, but I think that's a symptom of being a celebrity's kid. For that same kinda reason, I tend to show very little emotion, especially when I'm upset. I very rarely genuinely smile or show when I'm actually upset, I just tend to shut down. I also don't really feel excitement, so that's kinda weird. I guess I'm also pretty insecure, but that's weird to say out loud. I'm constantly compared to my twin, especially by the public, but the two of us are working that out. It's so weird to talk about yourself like this. It's gonna take me a while to get used to this."
"Aside from work, I like to go see theatre a lot. For those who don't know, my mom is a Broadway actress, so I grew up in that community. I also like to stream games when I get a chance, but that isn't as consistent as I want it to be. Um, other than that, I mostly just hang with my friends or family.
"In general, I've found that people who call themselves blunt are just rude people who don't take responsibility for their comments. Other than that, I basically dislike anyone who puts themselves above others, for any reason. Also, I hate all those celebrities or rich people who adopt kids just to make themselves look good. As for the more steriotypical things, I don't like when people bite their nails or smack their lips"
"At the moment, I'm doing a lot of voice acting work. I started that when I was seventeen, with the Last of Us as Ellie, and I fell in love. I've been lucky enough to return to that character recentlym but I've also done a bit more work in the past few years. At some point, I'd like to return to TV acting, but I am really enjoying my work at the moment. Unfortunatly, I can't really share anything about my upcoming work, as everyone is very secretive about that, but I can say that I have an involvement in Baldur's Gate 3"
"Um, a family picture, my phone, and my computer. That was a super basic answer and not interesting at all. Sorry" A few moments later "Wait, I have a better answer. Everyone is going to kill me when this comes out, but I have a horde of embarrassing photos of my siblings. Like I've saved every unfortunate haircut, weird face, all of it. Paparrazzi are occasionally useful"
"Where do I start. I can't ride a bike, somersault or cartwheel. When this comes out, I would appreciate if everyone shamed my parents for that."
"I turn on my music playlist and just belt my heart out. I have a lot of playlists that pertain to different moods or different reasons that I stressed, so yeah. It's kinda cringey but it works. If someone is over or I can't do that without embarrassing myself, I will just take a bath and relax with a glass of wine"
"I can wiggle my ears and eyebrows. I've put the eyebrows thing on my resume for years but no one has ever cared"
"Oh, that was a change of pace. I guess I've just never really had a relationship that ended well and one of my exes messed me up for a while. It's also just not the easiest to find someone who is genuinely interested in me, and not just my family or the fame aspect" I'm actually having a bit of trouble figuring out what role I want her to be in, since I don't know who the other charries are or their sexualities. For reference, Xio is heteroromantic, demisexual. If anyone thinks she would fit with their charrie, let me know.
"My sisters teamed up to sign me up, I guess. They knew I was having a bit of trouble dating and I suddenly got a call from Love Island. I was pissed at first, but they just want me to be happy. Or maybe they just want me to be around less"
"I don't really think so. I just hope that I at least end up with a friend out of this"

coded by weldherwings.

Dani Kim

“Danielle Elizabeth Kim. You can call me Dani. I’m 23 years old, and I was born in Small Town USA, but I’ve lived in New York for 6 years now.”

“Well I’m very skinny. But not like model skinny. Like pathetic skinny. I’m also kinda short. I always keep my hair in a bob so it doesn’t get in the way of my hair. And there’s one major thing about me. My arms are covered in tattoos, so you might wanna walk away if you’re not into that kinda thing.”

“Well I’m very creative. You can’t be a tattoo artist if you’re not. And I’m loyal. If you want someone that always has your back, then I’m the girl for you.”

“I don’t. I’m perfect” *laughs* “But yeah I do have a dark side. I take things way too personally, I’m ridiculously clingy in relationships, and I’m passive aggressive.”

“Tattooing! Is this like the fifth time I’ve mentioned it in this interview? But when I’m not doing that, I’m normally drawing or watching horror movies, or both. I’ve come up with really nasty drawings when I do that.

Being interrupted. Could you seriously not keep your mouth shut for 5 minutes? And also people who give up on relationships before trying to face the challenge. It’s happened to me before, and it stung not even being able to have a chance.

“I mean you already know what I do. I’ve mentioned it like 5 times. But I am hoping to open my own studio someday”

“Well there’s my tattoo gun, and ink kit. But the third would have to be my yearbook box. It’s too personal to have destroyed in a fire.

“Forgive and Forget. It’s seriously holding me back, and it feels like everyone can do it except me”

“Watch the most disgusting horror movie I can find. Call me psycho, but it’s relaxing and gives my inspiration”

“I can juggle, but it’s not that safe to do here”

“Promise you won’t air this? I haven’t dated a guy since I graduated high school. It was a painful experience and it got me really fun shy.”

“A coworker is a huge fan of Love on The Beach, and she begged me to sign up with her. For some reason I was picked and not her. It sucks. She deserved it.

“Julia you should be here instead of me! I love you girl. And to my fellow contestants? I am absolutely open to alliances.

Playful

Car

@/user tags here

nine lives

L
Moving
M
Introspective
O
JOSEPHINE
OPHELIA
LOWERY

JOSEPHINE LOWERY - The Victim
"Hello! My name is Josephine Lowery. My middle name's Ophelia, but I don't use it that much. I'm 23, and I'm from Chicago. Chicago has my heart. I love that city."

"Well... I have brown skin and dark hair that's styled straight and long right now--I might cut it soon. I'm more on the slender slide--I don't really work out--and 5'7, which I think is a bit tall for a girl. I have dark brown eyes and... Uh, what else? Oh yeah, I don't have any tattoos yet. I'm hoping to get one someday though. My mother always said I should get my favorite quote somewhere, and I think it would be nice. I'm thinking it would be this one H.D. quote from the poem... Oh, sorry! I'm going on tangents."

"My father always told me I was very perceptive growing up. I think he meant that I was more sensitive to the world, to details, and to auras than the average person. I've always thought it was the writer's eye. My grandmother said Mother was the same way growing up, so maybe I got it from her. I guess this same sort of sensibility extends to the other redeeming qualities people tell me I have: emotional intelligence, analysis, empathy, and things like that. I'm also told I'm sweet. I make an effort to make sure I'm treating people fairly and gently. The world can be so cruel and people can be assholes, so it's better that I do my best to not add to it and maybe to put some light into the world, you know? I'm also usually easy-going, and I try my best to be humble."

"Oh, yeah... I guess my biggest flaw is that I'm a bit all-over-the-place. Half of the time I'm thoughtlessly impulsive, the other half I'm cripplingly cautious. I have trouble sticking to plans. I can also be a bit dramatic, but all of this drama happens on the inside. I'm emotional, but I'm a bit too embarrassed to express my emotions so directly. I suppose that could also be a writer's thing... I'm also a bit absent-minded. My father always tells me I get down on myself too easily and that I lack confidence, which I feel iffy about. He always warns me that this could lead to people walking all over me and me saying "yes" to people too easily. He thinks I'm too naive to properly navigate the world and relationships...."
(Josephine has many flaws that she either wasn't comfortable discussing or are unbeknownst to her.)

"Oh! Of course! Well, first and foremost, I love reading and writing. I'm sure you could've already figured that from my application, haha. Literature is my number one passion. Poetry especially. I also love movies, particularly movies that you can have long, deep discussions about and watch over and over. Horror movies are easily my favorite, although I do have a soft, romantic side. I also love listening to and talking about music. I'm a big indie-head. I'm also into spiritual stuff. I wouldn't call myself a witch, but I imagine I'm getting there. I like herbs and crystals and reading stars and, well, other things like that, haha."

"I don't like needless conflict. I imagine that I define "needless" a bit differently than most people, however. It just depends. I don't like people who take themselves too seriously. It's nearly always better to have a fair amount of fun. I hate needless cruelty. I hate hypocrisy. I hate the idea that being a shit person is better than being a hypocrite. That sounds contradictory, but I could elaborate later if needed. Oh! I also don't like people who say cursing means you're less intelligent. That is simply not true. What else...? Um. Ah! I don't like it when people refuse to have their minds changed even when presented with solid reasons to. Our minds should be a bit more malleable, you know? I also don't like stigma. Not necessarily around anything in particular. Well... Yeah, just stigma in general."

"I'm currently in college pursuing a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, while also working some jobs and writing on the side. I see myself becoming integrated into the world of writing and making a name for myself. I guess being here will put some spotlight on me, although I'm not sure the audience is quite the, uh, literary crowd. There are some, um, fears I have to get over, but it's the only real dream I've ever had. Not everything is completely set in stone yet--I have some backup plans that were, uh, suggested to me--but I want to make it real."

"Oh, well I guess if all the people and animals are safe... I would save my laptop. It has a lot of manuscripts and notes that are essential to my work. I would also save my journal, which has letters in it as well. I started doing journaling and writing letters at the beginning of college because all of the best authors in history did it. I had trouble keeping it up consistently, but what I did gather is too precious to me to let burn. Lastly, I would save my childhood music box. It's small and golden. It plays the theme from Howl's Moving Castle, which is my favorite childhood movie. My mother wanted me to throw it out--she thought it was too sentimental or girlish--but I kept it anyway."

"Oh, well, I've never been able to whistle. I'm not sure how embarrassing that is, though. Oo! I also can't swim. It got so bad that my parents made me take classes in middle school. I forgot within a month and was back to basically not knowing how to swim again."

"I'll probably find myself reading or writing. If I can't focus, which happens sometimes even to literature students, I'll maybe watch some movies or TV. I'm also a big YouTube-watcher. No matter what your interests are, there's a YouTube video about it, it seems. If everything else fails, I may just nap. Although, I don't nap too often. It makes me feel unproductive. Not that I'm particularly productive anyway, but it makes me really feel unproductive, you know?"

"Hm. Well, one random thing is that I always was strangely good at remembering my dreams with clarity. I suppose most people would say "eyebrow wiggling" or something, but I can't really do anything funny like that. I also consider myself proficient in dream interpretation. Giving Freud a run for his money, I'm sure."

"Oh... Well, there are some difficulties. I have some... issues that make it harder for me to function like, uh, other people. I have very specific needs and wants. I'm just not for everyone... or most people."
(Josephine has a psychiatric condition that she has trouble discussing.)

"My best friend and my mother signed me up, but I have a feeling my mother took the lead. I would have never in a million years imagined doing something like this, partially because of my aforementioned issues and also because I find it silly. Ugh. My mother does things sometimes that really make me wonder... Anyway, she had good intentions, and this seemed like an opportunity to do something outside of my comfort zone. I'll just have to take care of myself. I'm sure I'll find a way to have fun!"

"I hate questions like that because I can never think of anything to add, haha. Um... What else? Uh... Wait... How many people are going to be seeing this?"

mentions: xxx

if the moon smiled, she would resemble you.
you leave the same impression / of something beautiful, but annihilating.

© pasta

Last edited:
ambrose parker
undecided
squaring up by sir chloe
fight or flight i’d rather die than have to cry in front of you
fight or flight i’d rather lie than tell you i’m in love with you

"Welcome to 'Love Paradise'. So, tell us a bit
about yourself? Let's start with your full
name, age and where you are from…"

“My name is Ambrose Parker, I’m 22 and I’m
from this tiny town out in bumfuck nowhere.
In Ohio.”

"Perhaps a bit dull, but let’s be inclusive to
those who might not be able to see. But how
you describe your own physique?"

“Uh, shit. Well, I guess I’m really skinny. And
not really muscular... I’m kind of like a stick
insect. I have curly hair, it’s brown at the top,
but white underneath. I dye it all the time. I’m
not that tall, and I’ve got tattoos on various
spots around my body. Mostly my arms, but I
don’t have tattoo sleeves or anything.”

“I guess I’m like, good at music? I play piano
and sing a bit. Um, I’m a good listener since I
don’t really talk that much. And I’m like,
really independent. I never ask for help.”

"Oh splendid. Yet everyone has a bit darker
side right?”

“I... guess they do. I mean, when I do speak,
I probably swear a bit too much. And
sometimes I can come off as harsh when I’m
just kind of blunt. Some people have
described me as prickly or hard to get close
to as well...”

"Haha, we are all human after all. So what
do you like to do?"

“Play music, mostly. I love to write.
Songwriting, poetry, those are my favourites.
Piano is definitely my favourite instrument
too. I also like fashion a lot, especially
accessorising with kickass jewellery.”

“People who don’t turn lights off when they leave
a room. Dishes that aren’t properly dried.
Fans that make whirring noises.”

"Good! One last general question before we get
to the juicy stuff. What are you currently doing
and where do you see yourself in the future?"

“To be honest... I’m really not sure what I
want to do with my life. Currently I’m just
trying to figure it out. A career in music seems
a bit ambitious, so I’ve applied for
internships at a few fashion or designer
corporations but I don’t know what’ll happen.
I’m really not sure what to do with myself.”

“So, let’s say your house is burning down, what
are the three things you would safe? You can
assume every person and animal in the house
is safe.”

“I mean, my phone, right? Did anyone not say
that? I’m not an addict or anything, but it’s
useful. If we’re talking sentimental value,
then probably my notebook. It’s got all my songs
and poetry in it. And, well. This one is so stupid,
but I have this old teddy bear that my mom
gave me when I was born. I guess I’d take that
too.”

“What is an (embarrassing) thing you are not
able to do, while you should be able to?”

“Blow my fucking nose. Sorry for swearing,
but seriously. It’s like I just don’t have the strength
or something. It’s insane. It just doesn’t happen
for me.”

“How do you relax after a stressful
day/period?”

“Playing piano. Singing doesn’t really help,
because I just break down. At least with piano
I just focus on my fingers. Other than that?
Napping.”

“Do you have any hidden (silly) talents that
you wish to share?”

“Uh, I can touch the tip of my nose with my
tongue. I’m also scary good at painting nails.
That’s pretty much it.”

"Okay. Now that we have a view of who you
are. Why are you still single?!”

“I just think love is stupid. Like, it can’t be real. It’s
not real. Everyone romanticises it, but it’s just
finding someone who you’re happy to f- um,
bone for the rest for your life and who you kind
of get along with. And then you just get tired of
them but by that point it’s kind of too late to
back out. At least from what I’ve seen. Also...
I don’t like being vulnerable. I hate exposing
myself to guys like that.”

“Ah, yes. So is that the reason you decided to

“My sister signed me up. She thinks I’m too
negative about love and blah blah blah. I didn’t
really want to, but... she convinced me. I don’t
expect to get anything out of this, though.”

"Well thank you for your time. Is there
anything else you'd like to share?"

“Uh... Not really. I can’t wait for this to be over.”

coded by incandescent

l99Cvb7.jpg

Skylar Cavallo
Hot and Cold

Gosh, okay, hi! My full name is Skylar Anne Marie Cavallo. I know, two middle names is very tedious—it’s a rich parent thing. I mostly go by Anne these days. I’m twenty-five years old, and I was born in Nassau, Bahamas, but I was raised in Honolulu, Hawaii.

"Perhaps a bit dull, but let’s be inclusive to those who might not be able to see. But how would you describe your own physique?"

Well, I have long, slightly wavy hair that is so dark brown it almost looks black sometimes. My eyes are a pale light blue and I have very pale skin to match. I have very smooth features, not sharp jawline or super high cheekbones or anything like that. I have full, pink lips and dark, downturned eyebrows. My nose is long and straight. I’m very short, standing at 5’5” and I weigh about 120 lbs. My curves are rather lacking, but I like to think I make up for that in personality.

Well, I’m very playful, to start. I’m upbeat all the time, and I love to play games and have fun. Hanging with friends on the beach—or anywhere, really—so we can all play around and enjoy ourselves is my favorite thing to do. I also like to think that my assertiveness is more a good trait than a bad one. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with not being afraid to stand up and fight for what I want or what I feel like I deserve. I’m very active, always up and doing something. Traveling, hanging with friends, etc. Which leads into another of my best traits: I’m a humanitarian. I really care about people and helping families who didn’t grow up in the same kind of fortune that I did is important to me.

I guess so. Well, I’m not going to lie. I’m a very stubborn person. When I get something into my head, there is next to nothing that can sway me away from it. It helps me stick to my goals, but it also makes me a little hard to get along with sometimes, because whenever I think I’m right, I won’t budge from that idea. I also tend to hold grudges. If someone lies to me or hurts me or betrays me, I don’t forgive very easily, even when it’s something small. I also have a bit of a short temper, which I’ve been trying to work on. Lastly, I can get a bit jealous of things I believe are mine, especially when it comes to men. I think my ex-boyfriend described me as being an “insufferable bitch” about 50% of the time. I’m trying to get the number down, trust me.

Well, I really love traveling. Growing up as the heiress to a multi-million dollar hotel chain, I’ve been a lot of places already—England, Dubai, Italy, the Maldives, etc.—but I know there are so many more wonderful places out there that I want to experience. There’s just something about seeing new places and experiencing new cultures that makes me happy. And like I mentioned before, I love hanging out with my friends and just having fun. I guess you could say I just love life and everything it has to offer.

My mother, for one. My God, that woman annoys the hell out of me. All my life, she’s been treating me like her own personal Barbie doll. She droves on and on about me being a classy, sophisticated socialite like her. She’s made me try acting, modeling, business—anything and everything to put my face on the cover of a magazine. She wants me to marry money like she did and grow up to be her double. I can’t stand her, so why would I ever be like her? I also really don’t like seagulls. They’re the most annoying bird, in my opinion.

I’m not doing anything specific. I honestly don’t have anything specific that I want to be. I’m a free spirit, you know? One day, I’m going to settle down and get married, have a couple of kids and a stable job, but before then, I want to do a little bit of everything. I want to travel the world, try out all kinds of things until I find that one thing that really sticks. So far, I haven’t found it, but I truly hope to in the future.

All I’d really save are some pictures. Everything else in my house is replaceable, but my pictures are my memories and I want to hold on to them. One is of my dad and me standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower, one is of me and my first dog Bones, and the other is of my ex-boyfriend and me. He and I have a…complicated history, to say the least, but he means a lot to me, and so does that picture.

Cook. I’m twenty-five—you’d think I would have figured how to cook without burning the house down by now, and yet, no such luck. It’s baffling. To this day, I cannot cook a single meal without either setting something or fire or breaking at least one dish in the kitchen. It’s so embarrassing to be a grown woman halfway to her thirties and still have to order in all the time or get someone else to cook for you.

If I’m feeling super stressed, I’ll stay home, curl up on the couch with my dog or with a friend, and watch drama shows on TV with a milkshake from my favorite shop. If I just had a bad day, I’ll call one or two of my friends and we’ll go out for drinks or down to the beach to hang out and enjoy ourselves.

Um, not that I can think of…wait! I can tie a knot with my tongue. Is that weird?

That’s actually a really easy question to answer. A few years ago, I met this guy, and he and I like, really hit it off. It was instant connection—instant passion, instant spark, instant attraction—all of that. We started dating pretty quickly, everything was great for a while, and then things started getting complicated. Our personalities started clashing, and soon enough, we broke up. Well…that didn’t last very long, and a couple months later, we were back together, and it’s pretty much been the same on and off, stop and go situation ever since. This last break up has been our longest one. We broke up almost eight months ago now. I haven’t spoken to him in probably four. Hopefully this will be the one that breaks the cycle so we can both get on with our lives.

Yes. I knew that if I kept sitting around waiting for something to happen, I was going to end up going back to my ex, or he was going to come charging back into my life like has several times before, and I knew it had to stop. We’ve been going on like this for years, and it just isn’t working. The two of us both need to move on with our lives, and this is the way for me to do that.

Nope, not that I can think of. Just that I’m excited to see how this all turns out. Thanks!

Last edited:

a7846ed971c9e081870040b231b3a356.jpg

Hendrix Rowan
High School Sweethearts

"Alright... My name is Hendrix Atlas Rowan. I just turned 24. I'm from a small town just an hour outside Portland, Oregon. But I moved to Los Angelas shortly after graduating high school."

"Um... I look kind of like a Rorschach test dontcha think? I don't know man... I work out. I have long hair for a guy. I got a beard... Grew it myself. I don't really know how else to answer that question."

"Strong points? ...Focused I guess... I've been told I am the strong, silent type. Stoic. I guess I am musically inclined?"

(chuckles) "Oh you have no idea."

"Most of my life revolves around work. When I am not studying music production at school, I work with my band. I'm kinda the guy holding it all together. I write the lyrics, the music, sing, and play the piano or guitar. I edit the audio.... The only thing I don't really do is schedule the tour dates. My guy Mike does all that bullshit. So... my life is creating music, school, concerts, and tours. That's about it. I'm a dull guy."

"Questions."

"Like I mentioned earlier. Music. Band. Tour. Concerts. School. We've been doing pretty decent I think. Enough for me to do this full time."

“So, let’s say your house is burning down, what are the three things you would save? You can assume every person and animal in the house is safe.”
    "Guitar. Pop's jacket. My phone."

"Nothing is embarrassing unless you allow it to be."

"I smoke a cig. Cook a big meal. Play an instrument. And take a nap."

"Not really... I've just learned to throat sing recently. Does that count?"

"Because following your dream takes intense focus. Relationships take time and attention. Which I have little of."

"I don't know my dude I don't even want to be apart of this thing. My sister dragged me here. She played the whole...."
    (mimicking voice) "'Pleeeease? For meeee? I don't want to do this by myself.'"
    "Cheap shot really."

"Nope."

tumblr_p2jxndZ6ri1s9q9zwo1_400.png

Ramona Rowan
Not Enough

"Let's do this! Hiiii I'm Dory... Just kidding."
    (laughs)
    "Nah but my name is Ramona Jade Rowan. I am 22 years old and hail from Mcminnville, Oregon. But I moved to California a few years ago."

"Well, I have long, red curly hair. Its name is Leonidas. I decided to give my hair a name since it seems to have its own personality. I have a few piercings in my ears, septum, and bellybutton. At least those are the modifications you CAN see."
    (winks)
    "Um... I have green eyes from my mom and freckles from my dad. I'm pretty pale. OH! And I usually prefer a more bohemian style when I'm not feeling too lazy."

"I am open-minded and really friendly. I'd like to think I am more optimistic when it comes to dealing with things. I am curious and creative. I like to try a bunch of new things. I want to experience ALL of what life has to offer. I don't mind being someone's shoulder to cry on... I'm a pretty good listener. Honestly, I think that about covers it..."

"Ooof yeah. I guess you could say that. I've been told by a few people that I am... what's the word. Flighty? I tend to flit from one thing to the other. Hobbies, people, locations, literally everything. And while I may seem really extroverted... I don't know if I am...? I don't know. I think I'm just worried about making everyone happy."

"SO much. I am not a master at anything in particular... Well maybe tarot. I've been practicing that for almost a decade now. Other than that I just go from hobby to hobby. Project to project. Kind of a jack of all trades eh? I like crafting like knitting, painting, pottery, sketching... But I also like video games and learning a few musical instruments. Along with hiking and learning about various plants... Cooking and improving vegan recipes? The list is endless."

"When someone is being an ass. Like. Can't we all just get along? I DETEST closed mindedness. It really strikes a chord with me when people refuse to see varying perspectives. And let's not forget the usual racism, homophobia, sexism, etc. Any intolerance really. Another small one is when people try to convince me to try eating meat again."

"That's a hard question my guy. I've been trying to answer that one for years now. Lately, I've just been.. living. Ya'know? I work part-time as a librarian and currently freelance through a holistic/spiritual store. They have me read tarot cards for clients from time to time. I guess you could say I'm still wandering around."

“So, let’s say your house is burning down, what are the three things you would save? You can assume every person and animal in the house is safe.”
    "Well... if you PROMISE that my cat is safe... Probably my favorite deck. My purse and all its contents... and I can't really think of a third thing. I try not to tie myself down too much. My phone maybe?"

"I can't dance... Even though I REALLY want to. I try learning but I guess I'm just too clumsy. Walking is hard enough."

"I have a few methods, but meditating seems to be my favorite. Especially surrounded in nature."

"I can wiggle my ears! And tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue."

"Yikes... personal questions."
    (pauses)
    "It isn't like I am opposed to the idea of love... I guess I'm just waiting. You know in romantic movies where the two main characters see each other? And all time seems to stop? The room just slows down and all they see is each other? I haven't had that experience yet. No one has been able to hold my attention for too long. I'm not saying I believe in love at first sight, cause I don't. I'm demisexual for a reason. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm waiting for someone who stands out."

"Aye, there's the rub. I didn't sign up for this thing for the usual reasons..."
    (laughs nervously)
    "My brother had a relationship in high school that made him really really happy. He glowed y'know? And he hasn't had a relationship since that one fell apart. I would like to see him glow like that again. Plus, I figure we get a free luxurious vacation as a bonus."

"No not really."
    (smiles)

fdf81a9bbae2329096d3914efa9ef7ea.jpg
Thank you for having me. My name is Wilbur Hagen. I'm twenty-five, and I'm from the proud little town of Barea, Ky, though I move around a lot.
Well, America loves seeing a nice physique. *Wilbur flashed his trademark smile.* I'm Six-Two, and I like to work out. It's necessary for my work that I be strong.
I'm compassionate, and I have a good sense of humor. I can pretty much get along with anyone. Also... *Wilbur leans closer to the interviewer.* I'm great in the sack.
Sure we all do. I tend to be stubborn, and I'm a bit... loose, shall we say. I can also have a quick temper when things aren't going the way I think they should.
I love my job. I love dancing to country music, so long as I have a good looking partner. I love working out.
I hate hate hate people who can't take a joke. If I'm over the line, I expect people to tell me, but there's no point in not being able to laugh at a simple joke.
I'm a vet for Madison County. I wouldn't do anything else. I love getting to work with animals of all sizes, and helping them gives me the best feeling.
You sure? I have a lot of animals living with me. I'd take my phone, my journal and my medical bag. All those things have things you just can't replace.
Settle down. *Wilbur laughs.* If I had to say, I'd say shuffling cards. They just seem to explode all over the place.
Drink whiskey. That or pet a dog. Proven therapy, petting a dog.
I can do a country yodel surprisingly well.
I have a hard time settling down. I don't think I ever got out of conquest mode from college. There was one person, but I figured they were better off without someone like me.
My buddy Pete signed me up for this. Hey Pete, *Bleep* you!
Do y'all provide condoms, or do I need to bring my own?

Skylar Reyens
Interview
"Welcome to 'Love Paradise'. So, tell us a bit about yourself? Let's start with your full name, age and where you are from…": "Heya! The name's Skylar Reyens! I'm 25 years old and I was actually born and raised right here in L.A! My parents moved here from Texas when they learned I was on my way because they wanted to live the luxurious life but ended up being professional foster parents. Thankfully I don't have a country drawl, haha!"

"Perhaps a bit dull, but let’s be inclusive to those who might not be able to see. But how you describe your own physique?": "Well for those who can't see me, I'll do my best. I stand at 5'5 and weigh about 127 pounds. At least, that's what it said on the scale this morning before my bagel! I would like to think that I have a near hourglass figure from my daily workout routines. I'm proud of my hard work. My hair is long and naturally wavy. The natural color is dark brown but I tend to dye it light brown or add highlights to it depending on my mood. Right now I'm rocking some lightly bleached ends since my roots are starting to come back through. Oh, my skin is almost like a... creamy cocoa in color while my eyes are a deep amber."

"So, what do you consider your strong points?": "Well I'm confident in myself! I have always been able to figure out how to do whatever it is I put my mind to. I haven't let nay sayers or negative nancys get in my head. I know what I'm capable of! I also would consider myself worldly and understanding. I always consider a person's culture, background, or just personality and life when I learn about them. We all grew up in our own way and how we needed, right? Lastly, I tend to be adventurous. I think that's a strong point because I don't mind having to learn something new quickly or on the fly. So I guess I should say adaptable?"

"Oh splendid. Yet everyone has a bit darker side right?": "That's true and I wont pretend I don't. I know that I have an issue with holding grudges when I really, really try not to let things get to me. For whatever reason things just nag at my brain for longer than I would like them to and I tend to give them the power. I have been told that when I lose my temper I get irrational. It's almost like I am seeing red and I can't help myself. But that only happens when people are going out of their way to lie and cause issues for no reason. Does it justify my reaction? No, but it doesn't justify their actions either. Then, as I'm sure you can tell, I tend to talk a bit too much and for how good I am at talking, my advising skills could use some work when I'm trying to comfort someone. I just really don't understand how someone could let words effect them so drastically when all you have to do is prove someone wrong by showing off your capabilities!"

"Haha, we are all human after all. So what do you like to do?": "I absolutely love singing! Not like professionally or anything but just being able to belt out a nostalgic song with a group of people. It's so fun and freeing! There's no judgement, only fun. I also like to play arcade games. Challenging yourself or your friends to see who gets the higher score is an adrenaline rush, especially when you spice it up with a small fun wager! On the other side of the spectrum and like I said earlier, I love adventure! You want to go hiking, biking, or snorkeling? I'm your gal! I guess you could say I just like being around people and having a good time."

"Wonderful! Now what are your petpeeves?": "Do. Not. Judge. I cannot stress this enough. Judging people is not only rude and disrespectful but it's just plain ol' mean. You do not know what another person has been through and we've all had to deal with our demons. I hate when people don't use their turn signals while driving. Oh and I cannot tolerate when people don't at least let you know if they're going to borrow or move something. Like hey you can totally use the thing you want that is mine but let me know. I have a mini freak out when I go to use whatever it is and it's not where it should be. Just please, help me keep my sanity."

"Good! One last general question before we get to the juicy stuff. What are you currently doing and where do you see yourself in the future?": "Right now I'm working my way up in the world of film and television production. It took a long time to get through school with scholarships and having worked many internships, one company finally helped pay for my classes. Now that I'm finally through, I'm going to make it to the top and be part of filmography all over the world! I just love how fun things are behind the scenes and seeing how the hard works pays off with something astounding! Things on screen can effect people deeply and honestly I would be honored to be part of that influence."

“So, let’s say your house is burning down, what are the three things you would save? You can assume every person and animal in the house is safe.”: "Well that's a relief. I guess I would then go for the priceless items I'm emotionally attached to like... I dunno, the necklace passed down to me from my mother. I would try to make a run for my scrapbook upstairs that's under my bed but I may have to jump out of the window at that point!" She laughed playfully after that comment. "Actually right before that I would turn to grab a certain... special plush I have and adore. I actually would probably go for that first." Her gaze and tone trailed off toward the end of her response.

“What is an (embarrassing) thing you are not able to do, while you should be able to?”: She sighed. "I hate that I can't wink. I have tried lord knows how many times and ya' know what?! Still can't do it. I've stood in front of the mirror long enough to give up practicing."

“How do you relax after a stressful day/period?”: "Like any person should. A nice bottle of wine and a warm bath to soak in."

“Do you have any hidden (silly) talents that you wish to share?”: "I learned how to tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. I started with unwrapping Starbursts from their wrappers and went from there."

"Okay. Now that we have a view of who you are. Why are you still single?!”: "I.." She paused, not knowing what to say. "I think I got too invested with my last ex. He still has a good grip on me but hurt me way too much. I don't want more of that pain." She realizes how unlike herself it is to be so droll and decides to force some energy. "But I gotta rip off this band-aid and get a move on!"

“Ah, yes. So is that the reason you decided to sign up? Or were you signed up for this?”: "My coworkers were the ones who hyped me up for this. Though, it didn't take much once they told me what it was. I want to meet someone who is ready to rough it with me as I gradually stand on my own two feet. I've been working hard and I'm getting closer by the day. Then we can do all of the amazing things together!"

"Well thank you for your time. Is there anything else you'd like to share?": "Nothing comes to mind right now. I hope you're ready for me because I'm ready for you!"

1606712160126.png
“Sure. I’m Jesse Ryder, twenty five years old and I’m from the greatest city in the world: New York City, baby.” He laughs.

“Oh, uh. Wow, okay. Well, um, I’m athletic I guess. You know, I work out a lot, so I got some muscle on me you could say. I’m pretty tall, too. Six foot one. I’m usually the tallest person in a room and bump into things a lot, haha. Messy brown hair. Blue eyes. Oh, and I’ve got some tattoos. A sparrow on my left wrist, a wolf scratch on my right arm, and the word “peace” on the right side of my chest.”

I try to be a good brother and a good son. My family are everything to me, so taking care of them is something I take pride in. I’m the oldest, so I kind of have a lot of responsibility on my shoulders—to be a good role model, to set a good example and do the right thing—but I’m happy to take on that responsibility. I’ve got four brothers and two sisters to watch out for. Make sure they stay out of trouble. My parents, well...I want to make them proud, I guess. I’m also really good at fixing things and do a lot of work around the house. I like to build things, tables and chairs and stuff like that. I like to make myself useful. Helping people out.

He scratches the back of his head, wincing at that statement. “Yeah.” Silence, and then, “I get kind of sick of it. Having a lot of pressure on me. My dad...he wants me to take over the family business, and I can’t—I don’t want that. My dad’s got his thing and that’s being a business man. His restaurants. My mom—she wants me to be the 2.0 version of my dad. I get it. They both have their own vision and dreams for me and for the most part I’ve met their expectations until....” he sighs, lost in thought for a moment. “I messed up. I hurt some people that I cared about. I just couldn’t take it anymore, but they didn’t deserve that. I try to make everyone happy but I get to a point where I don’t care anymore and then I don’t care who gets hurt in the process. Reckless, selfish, whatever you want to call it. I can be a moron.”

“Music,” he says without missing a beat. “I love it. Playing my guitar. Writing songs. That’s where I feel most at home. I’ve never told anyone this, but I’ve always wanted to start a band. And uh, what else? I love taking drives. Sometimes with other people. A lot of times just by myself. Nothing like an open road, ya know what I mean?”

“Fake people, for sure. Can’t stand that. And people who put their work above the people in their life. I don’t think anything should be more important than your family and friends. This might sound lame, but I also hate the sound of people chewing gum.”

More silence. “I honestly don’t know where I see myself in the future, which I probably should at this age. I mean I have a degree in business, thanks to my old man’s influence, and I know I love music. But I’m still figuring that out. So I guess right now it’s a degree I may or may not use and a music career that may or may not pan out, but...I’m gonna give the music thing a shot. If that doesn’t work out, I’ll probably open up a cafe downtown somewhere.”

“Easy. My guitar, my song book, and my headphones.”

“Math!” He bursts out laughing. “I can do it, but I just suck at it. I’m so bad at numbers. Oh, I also can’t whistle.”

“I like to lay down and pop my headphones in and listen to whatever album I’m into at the moment.”

“I can make my tongue reach my nose.”

He throws his head back and laughs again for what feels like the hundredth time during this interview. It’s a painful laugh. “I wasn’t for the longest time, but then...” he takes a deep breath. “I think I’m scared of screwing things up again. Like I said I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but...maybe I can move on from them. At least, I hope so.”

“My sisters did the signing up. They’re convinced that this might be good for me. Something to take my mind off things. An escape. We’ll see.”

“Can I say hi to my family?”

neels.jpg

Mateo Echevarría
Hot and Cold

"What do you mean, what is my name?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Very well then, my full name is Mateo Carmelo Nicanor Echevarría. I am twenty six years old. Despite my exotic sounding name I am born and raised in Miami, Florida. Though in my life I have lived everywhere and nowhere." He shrugged a bit as it was no big deal to him.

"Really..." He sighed deeply as he pushed down his annoyance already. "Well, as those with eyes all can see, I am a perfect ten. Nice toned body, but not freakingly overly mascular. I know how to dress up. I have enchanting blue eyes, a bright perfect smile. My hair is blond and rather playful, perfect to run your fingers through. Also I am the perfect height according to studies, 5'11". Not too short and not too tall."

"I am desicive and determinded. I know what I want and I will get it. I am very social, I can easily migrate through different social circles, which means I also have a lot of friends here and there. I easily adapt myself to situations, which is not really a surprise since we never said really long in one place so I had to get used to knew school systems, new teachers, new surroundings all the time. I have a rather postitive attitude and an eye for oppertunities." He gave a charming smile, followed by a soft wink.

"Ha, wouldn't you want to know?" He stayed silent for a bit. "Well, I have been called an incorrigible bastard by my ex, and many others. So I guess I am stubborn?" He shrugged a bit rather unimpressed by it. "I am materialistic. There is no way I can deny that, but I blame my father for it. I have to have the newest model of everything as soon as it is available on the market. Uh, what else? I guess I am irresponsible or something? I just don't like having to deal with stuff when it gets nasty or too serious." Again he gave a shrug to show how little he cared about that.

"Of course I love cars, the faster the better. And yeah, I have been involved in street racing more than once." His eyes showed a bit of an enthusiastic sparkle as he sat up a bit straighter. "I also like poker nights with the guys, and girls if it is strip poker, you know? I like going clubbing, or going to festivals, any party with do." He fell a bit silent again. "Though I also have a weakness for archery, something that not many people would believe I guess. And at times, I can enjoy a good book."

"Oh jeez, you really wanna start on that? But I shall keep it short. People telling me what to do. I really cannot stand that. I will do whatever I want and I do not need your advice or judgement. I know I am not the best guy, but does it look like I care? I just wanna have fun and make the best of this life. It is not like we make it out alive. People pressuring me in taking on responsibility, like neh, that is not my kinda thing. Bubblegum chewing and those popping bubbles, so annoying and totally not sexy in anyway. Baby voices, like why? I mean I get it when you talk to an animal, I guess, but in any other situation it is just annoying. Overly clingy one night stand, just because I like you in the bedroom, doesn't mean I wanna see your face outside of it. The deed is done, so just get out, please. Do you want me to continue or is that enough for now?"

"I don't know, man... Dad wants me to take over the business and I guess that is where I will end up? I assume in the end some girl or boy manages to tie me down and keep me interested. Or perhaps I will just die as a millionair bachelor. Who knows? I am not too concerned about all that stuff. I just wanna have fun and we will figure it out as we go..."

"Three things? Pfft... My box with carkeys first of all. Does my bow and quiver and arrow count as one thing? Yeah, in that case that is the second thing I will safe and thirdly, uh... I don't know. Phone, laptop, gaming stuff all of that can be bought new with the insurance money. So I don't know. Guess the rest of my archery gear then?"

"Tie a knot with my tongue? Apparently that is suppose to be super easy, but I can't. My ex used to drive me crazy over it. Bitch."

"Just going for a long drive, or a fast drive. Really hit down the pedal. If that is not possible, I will take my bow and shoot some targets. Both help me focus my thoughts on what I am doing in that moment and will just forget about the stress of day to day life."

"Drifting. I am in general amazing with a car and high speed. And also cooking, I guess..."

"Because I choose to be. I don't get the whole 'you need to settle down'-mania. Why? I enjoy my life and I have no one I owe anything to. So why should I wanna change that? Some people say it is a mental problem, fear of binding, or whatever. I just cannot be bother..."

"Well... Dad told me I needed to make some money of my own, so why not? This will pay some good amount. I will get a nice vacation and get to spend some time with presumable hot people. So I don't see why anyone would not sign up?"

"My number?"

Guess-Spring-Summer-2018-Accessories-Campaign-004.jpg

Dixon Chandler McConnall
The Cheater

Dixon waved at the camera, a small half-smile pulling up one corner of his lips. “Hey. My full name is Dixon Chandler McConnall. I’m twenty-eight years old, and I’m from Springdale, Utah.”

Raising an eyebrow, Dixon let out a soft chuckle before answering. “Well, I’m very tall. I stand at 6 foot, 4 inches and I weigh 198 pounds, most of which is muscle. I work out sometimes, but most of it comes from my job. I have a very physically demanding lifestyle; I spend most of my time outside. Anyways, I’ve got brown hair that I keep long on top and shorter on the sides and I keep groomed facial hair around my jaw and my lips. My eyes are dark brown, I have a big nose, and I have straight, bushy brown eyebrows that caused my little sister to nickname me Squirrel.”

Dixon smiled, a certain someone’s pep talks popping up in his mind. “I’m really friendly, for one thing. It’s kind of a necessity to be very outgoing for the career path I’ve chosen, but it’s more than that. I’ve always just been a really amicable person. As my mom used to say, ‘I’ve never met a stranger; I can talk to anyone.’ I’m also very resourceful, another requirement of my career path that has always just been a part of me. Out in the great outdoors, I can make something out of everything I’ve got, which is really useful in case me or any of groups were ever to get lost or stuck somewhere.” He paused, thinking of something else to add. “I’m very adventurous. Some people tell me that’s a bad thing, but I choose to see it as a blessing. Being adventurous to me means being free. It means I’m not afraid to go out into the world and just live—to make use of the life I’ve been given. Everybody only gets one shot at a happy life, and damn if I’m going to waste mine.”

"Oh splendid. Yet everyone has a bit darker side, right?"

Dixon sighed, rubbing his hand across the back of his neck. A tidal wave of emotions crashed through him and he glanced at the floor before he looked back at the camera. “You could say that, yea. Recent events have definitely earned me the title of asshole. In general, though, I know I’m not perfect. For one thing, I’m free-spirited to a fault. While I believe for the most part that it’s a good thing to be like adventure, I’m also man enough to admit that I sometimes use it as an escape from life. I’m also insecure, about a lot of things. I second-guess myself all the time, for so many different reasons, and its cost me a lot in my life. Lastly, I’m not one for confrontation. Even when I know I should say or do something, if there’s a possibility I could hurt someone else or end up in a fight or an argument, I choose to shut my mouth and walk away or just stay out of it completely.”

"Haha, we are all human after all. So, what do you like to do?"

Shaking off the bad memories, Dixon smiled at the camera again. “A lot of things. I love to travel. I’ve almost been all over the world already. I also love the outdoors. Anything to do with being outside is like heaven for me, really. I love my job. I think the outdoors is something a lot of people underappreciate, so to be able to spend my days trekking through the wilderness and sharing it with other people so they see what I see is pretty much all I ever could have asked for in a career. I love extreme sports, which is anything from rock climbing, to white-water rafting to ziplining. I haven’t gotten to go skydiving yet, but I would love to try it.”

"Wonderful! Now what are your pet peeves?"

Dixon cocked his head a bit to the side, trying to think of answer. “There’s not much that really annoys me, honestly. I’m a pretty laid-back guy. But, if I had to pick something, it’s probably nicknames. My baby sister Rowan has been calling me Squirrel since she learned how to talk, and my ex used to call me Dicky just to irritate me. So, yea, I’d say nicknames are definitely a pet peeve of mine.”

Dixon grinned, more than happy to answer a question about his job. “I worked for a travel company called Outfitters Adventure Travel for seven years, from the age of twenty to the age of twenty-seven. I did everything from working as a backpacking guide to a climbing instructor to an extreme sports instructor—pretty much anything dealing with the outdoors that people do on vacations. Recently, however, I decided it was time I grounded myself a bit, stayed home a little more, so I opened my own travel business called Adventure Unlimited. We offer all of the services I just mentioned, as well as vacation planning services and flight arrangements.” He flashed another dimpled grin at the camera, shameless about using his interview for a bit of publicity. His business was just starting out, and the audience watching this interview and this show would get him the exposure he needed for it to take off.

Dixon paused, a small smile appearing on his face as he thought about the question. “That’s easy. For starters, I would save the framed picture of me and my ex that I keep on my bedside table. She and I may be broken up, but we were close. We were best friends, and though I know she hates me now, I’ll never stop caring about her and she’ll never stop being important to me, so neither will that picture. Next, I would save my phones because one has all of the important contacts for my business and the other has all the people in my personal life who are important to me. And lastly, I would save my computer, because it has all my invoices and legal documents for my business on it.”

“Hmm. I honestly don’t know. Let me think about it.” Dixon looked away from the camera, pursing his lips as he tried to think of answer. What could he not do…? Snapping his fingers, Dixon looked up and grinned at the camera. “I can’t dance. What makes that embarrassing is the fact that I’m a twenty-eight your old man, and when I slow dance, I still step on people’s feet. That’s not even counting what my regular dance moves look like. I think my sister described it as a drunk and confused monkey.”

Still laughing at his previous answer, Dixon waited for his chuckles to die down before he spoke. “Take my dog for a walk, sit outside in the grass, watch the sunset or sunrise, go for a drive, etc. Pretty much anything calming, tranquil, or quiet can help me relax. Something outdoors is preferable.”

Dixon chuckled once more, remembering his sister’s laughter every time he did his silly antics. “Oh yea. Several. To start, I can wiggle my eyebrows abnormally fast.” To demonstrate, Dixon wiggled his eyebrows at the camera. “I can also fold my tongue, whistle show tunes, and hang upside down from my feet like a bat. Oh, and I can pat my stomach and rub my head at the same time. I hear most people can’t do that.”

Dixon’s smile quickly fled at the question, his playful demeanor disappearing to be replaced by a guilty, pained frown. He was quiet for a moment, wishing he would have known to expect such a question. “I wasn’t, for a long time, but…” he paused, his ex’s tearful face flashing through his mind. “I got scared, my insecurities got the best of me, and I made a stupid ass mistake that cost me the girl I loved.” Shrugging, Dixon waited for them to ask the next question.

“Ah, yes. So, is that the reason you decided to sign up? Or were you signed up for this?”

Dixon nodded, his hands clasped together on his knee where he sat on the stool against a backdrop. “Yes. I made a mistake, and I lost the first girl I ever really loved. After what I did to her, there’s no getting her back, and I don’t deserve her anyway. But, I’m getting older every year and I do still hope to have a family, so I signed up for this show to give myself to chance to try and get past what happened with my ex and find somebody new.”

Dixon smiled once more, though the light in his eyes was slightly dimmer than when the interview began. “If anybody’s ever thinking of traveling or going on vacation, please consider Adventure Unlimited to be your guide. Otherwise, I look forward to show.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back