2019 Writing Event Love Me Slow

Error 420

One Thousand Club
This is an original piece. I only found out about this event yesterday, so I didn't quite have time to assemble a choir. Unfortunately, Xiang-Ling isn't a native English speaker, and she's more than a few years old.

Audio:

Sheet music:

Error 420 Error 420 Unfortunately this doesn't meet the criteria of what this event actually is. While we appreciate you composed a song, this was a writing event in actuality and looking at the sheet music it doesn't meet the minimum word count.

As a result this entry is considered disqualified. :\

Error 420 Error 420 Unfortunately this doesn't meet the criteria of what this event actually is. While we appreciate you composed a song, this was a writing event in actuality and looking at the sheet music it doesn't meet the minimum word count.

As a result this entry is considered disqualified. :\
Incorrect, mon frére. There are precisely 142 words sung by four voices. Five more for the title and author name, and then one more critical source of words, the xml files. That one is only one of four xml files I used, and according to wordcounter.net, it contains 1,417 words. Provided those words were auto-generated by a program, you could refute whether or not I had written them, but they were generated by a program under my direction. No different, I would argue, than using an autocorrect or autocomplete, but that wouldn't discount something from being original writing. I wrote those XML files, I just had Musescore translate from visual symbols into words for my synth to use. Ergo, I've produced over 5 thousand words of work, and the song submitted contains every single one in audio form. Even if you counted those 5,000 words at only 1.2% value towards a word count, that would still put me well above the 200 word requirement.

Uhh... Xml do not count. It would be the same as saying every line and bar drawn on a sheet music should count as a word.

Likewise, do you count every single word that comes out of every choir member, or do you just take the combined complete lyrics of the song?

Every word sung by each chorus line comes to a total of 147. It's music, it can't be easily quantified into a word count, and it's silly to do so anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back