• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love Match!

lizzy11206

38cfe12c957364bc09be622d2691d251.jpg

(Working with Kimmm3618 Kimmm3618 )
Plot: Michael Kevin Harris in the company he worked for is known as a very serious boss but also is known to be every woman eye candy. Then there Madeleine Feliste who happens to be like a few of the girls and gals have a small crush on him but because of her age, she feels she doesn’t have any chance with him or that he doesn’t even notice her in the office. Till one day while she was looking on a dating site because her friend talked her into making a profile. She came across his profile. At first, she felt she shouldn’t but she couldn’t help it but chose to reach out to him... In Dm... and this is where things get interesting for the two.​

tumblr_inline_pah6uuj2N41tokatx_400.gif

Michael was tired.

Michael just arrived home from his office and double-checked things with his mother and her nurse. Everything seems in place for his mother to go to bed peacefully. Michael was sitting on his bed looking across his bed at the pile of paperwork he needed to finish. He placed a mental note to remember tomorrow to tell Madeleine to double-check some things for him. Madeleine had been at the company for a while. She has been working here and there on a few things for him.

Michael really didn’t want to look at the paperwork but he knew it needed to get done. So he picked up the reports and walked over to his desk sitting with some music playing lightly in the background. He started checking his emails when he noticed there was an email stating a few people have checked out his dating profile on Love. com.

Michael was hoping no one would look at his profile. He made it because his mother thought he needed to get out on dates again. She was watching tv one day and was like he should sign up. He wanted to try to prove a point to his mother about how this site was just a scam to take people's money. He started looking around at a few of the profiles and nothing really interesting till...​

Madeleine had also arrived home, and she was on her phone, and coincidentally, on the same dating site. Her friend had set up the profile for her, and thankfully used one of the much more flattering photos of her. She suddenly sat up as she came across her boss's profile. he was 40, but she couldn't help but admit she had a bit of crush on him. She bit her lip as she swiped right. Then she set her phone down, waiting to see if he'd swipe right on her when he got the notification.

Michael saw the little icons that told him someone saw his profile. He at first stares at the little icon wondering if he should check it out. He wasn’t for sure but something told him just to check and see. When he goes to look at the person profile picture for some reason all he saw was:

cannot-load-photo.png

He laughs softly shaking his head while he goes to the person profile page sending them a message.

“I don’t know if you did that on purpose, but if you did it was smart. Nice way to see if people will just base things off your profile and not on your looks.”

He hit send while he starts to look around at some other things on his computer. He didn't know if she did it on purpose or not but just base on her profile she seems a bit interesting.

She jumped at the sound and immediately grabbed her phone, looking at it. She wondered what he meant, and then she saw her profile pic and laughed softly, and replied back:

" My friend set up my profile, but I suppose it is a good way. "

Michael heard the sound goes off on his computer as he saw she reply right away. He was wondering if he should again even care while he hit "Read message". He chuckles softly shaking his head.

"Well, you need to tell your friend they did a good job because it working. "

Michael look around her profile didn't see her age either but it didn't really matter to him too much. He sat back while he pauses for a bit before trying to think of what else to say. He then let his fingers hit his keyboard replying some more. It has been awhile he had someone to talk to because his job and taking care of his mother became his life right now.

"Well, I hope my picture doesn't scare you away I have a face I believe only a parent would love. That what my mother tells me all the time."

Michael knew that line was a bit corny but he didn't care while he goes back to his paperwork on his computer.

" I don't think so. You're face is definitely eye candy, but your personality is much better. not that i know you...in real life. "

She smiles faintly as she hits send, thinking about him. She can feel her heart flutter a bit.

Michael moves his head to the side and just laughs softly to himself. Every person says that about him but he doesn't see it at times about his personality. He feels like he just stays to himself too much. Michael sat back to think a bit before he starts replying to her.

"Well, I don't know if you met me in person. At times I feel like I push people away from getting too close to me. I stay to myself because of my job. It took my mother to talked me into making this profile because she felt I need to get myself out there more. What made you join this site?"

" well one of my friends roped me into it, and I just decided it would be a good idea. ".

She definitely thinks hes a nice person. She doesnt fall for anyone, much less her boss, simply because they have a nice face.

"It looks like there are people in our lives that believe they know us better than ourselves"

He hit reply with a soft smile and start to type even more towards her.

"So, what do you for work? I work for an AD company and right now was looking over some reports while you message me."

" Really? I do too. Im fairly new, Ive only been there for a few months. "

She wondered if he would be this nice to her if he found out who she really was, but she tried not to think about that.

Michael starts to wonder if he knows who she is but then again there are so many AD companies out there she could be working in with that he trying to beat against for contracts but he really didn't want to talk about business.

"Well, I don't know if talking business will be good with you. You might try to steal my ideas. =p "

He teases a bit when he hit reply.

"How about we make a deal we don't talk about work with each other since we are just getting to know each other."

" sure 😊 i dont mind that, talking about work isnt all that fun, anyway. "

She was a bit embarrassed at the adding of that emoji, but it couldnt be that bad.

Michael couldn't understand why but it was so easy talking to her over these DMs it could be because they both are behind a screen or something. He could just be free with her without the pressure of things.

"So, you know a bit more tell me something about you?"

"Anything really come on there has to be something you would like to share with me. You did click on my profile first."

"Red Head...interesting? To be honest, I have no clue where I am my mother tells me... your father was born here in American.. and she was born here... so that where we from. lol"

After he types "lol" he wonders if that was even a good thing to put it there. He still learning if he too old to used certain things.

" I dont know who my real parents are, im an orphan. I was passed around through most of my childhood in and out of foster homes until I turned 18. Then...I just got lucky getting the job I have. "

She hadnt shared this with anyone at the office, and she wasnt sure if this information was on her file, but it couldnt hurt to.

Michael frowns some once he read what she shared. He felt for her while he took a while to reply because he wants to make sure he said the right thing.

"I am sorry to hear that but at least at this moment, you can feel you doing something with your life that is worth something. For some reason, I felt you could be a very special person because you not letting your past affect who you are now. Have you ever thought about looking for your parents?"

" honestly? Not really. I know they might have had their circumstances, or they might even be dead, but i don't want anything to hold me back anymore. Maybe I'll start looking for them once my life gets a bit more...stable. " she hits the send button.

"Always don't let the maybes rule your life. You never want to regret it later in life that you didn't. There are a few things I wish I did and now I regret a bit for not doing them. I learned a lot from those mistakes. "

He took in a deep breath.

"At times you want to try to wait for things to line up just right and then they don't. So, just think about that and you have me...here... so you will not be alone...."

He looked over that last sentence one more time before he hit send on it.

She froze as she read the last sentence. even if he didnt know her true identity, it still felt nice he was here for her.

" Thank you. Its the first time anyone has ever said anything like that to me. It means a lot. "

"Well, you are welcome for some reason I feel I can trust you. Looking at the time. I need to get to bed... but here is my number 454-785-6589 Text me. I would like for us to stay in touch."

Michael notices the time and knew he should be getting to bed, but if it were up to him, he would be talking to her all night long. He was really enjoying this.

She inhales sharply. She already has his number in her phone, for work reasons, and if she texts him he'll know who it came from, assuming he had hers.

" I'd like that too. Good night. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back