• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Love Island

Okay so I’m looking for a group of role players both male and female and those who are willing to play both male and female characters (everyone will have to sorry) to role play a love island concept sort of game!

I need people who are literate, have good grammar, can write a minimum of 3 paragraphs (no more than 5 as it can sometimes overwhelm some people), and can follow RP nation rules. If you don’t follow I will give you a warning, if you still don’t follow after my warning I’m booting you from the role play.

If you are familiar with Love Island (US, UK or Aus) then awesome! Less explaining to do! If not, here is a spoiler of how it works:
Love Island involves a group of contestants, referred to as Islanders, living in isolation from the outside world in a villa in Mallorca, constantly under video surveillance.[37] To survive in the villa the Islanders must be coupled up with another Islander, whether it be for love, friendship or money, as the overall winning couple receives £50,000. On the first day, the Islanders couple up for the first time based on first impressions, but over the duration of the series they are forced to "re-couple" where they can choose to remain in their current couple or swap and change.

Any Islander who remains single after the coupling is eliminated and dumped from the island. Islanders can also be eliminated via public vote, as during the series the public vote through the Love Island app available on smartphones for their favourite couple, or who they think is the most compatible. Couples who receive the fewest votes risk being eliminated. Often a twist has occurred where it has been up to the Islanders to eliminate couples. During the final week, the public vote for which couple they want to win the series and therefore take home £50,000.

During the first series, the Thursday episode was presented live by Caroline Flack where eliminations often took place and new Islanders entered the villa. However, from the second series onwards the live episodes were axed except for the final.[38]

Whilst in the villa, each Islander has their own phone in which they can only contact other Islanders via text – or receive texts informing them of the latest challenges, dumping or recoupling.[39] Islanders and couples are typically faced with many games and challenges to take part in designed to test their physical and mental ability, with the winners getting special prizes afterwards. Some Islanders are also sent on dates outside the villa, or can win dates by winning challenges.
[Wiki]
Now, the show starts with five men and six women. For this to work people will need to double up, as new islanders continue to come into the villa (like at some point two women could come in, two men could come in, one girl could come in, etc.) Also bisexual characters are allowed but to make the game work for the role play I’m only allowing a max of 1 same sex (or if the person is non-binary) couple. Sorry, I have nothing against the LGBT community, I just have never seen a same sex couple on the show yet so I’m not sure how the producers switch things up!

Once we have five boys and six girls (one of which will come later in on the first day) I’ll post the actual thread. Doubling up is encouraged!

Now, let’s have fun islanders 😊 (yeah that was cheesy, still hating myself)

A25FF513-2533-456E-8A93-4F13FF287F86.gif

I think I might make everyone make their initial characters (max 6 girls 5 boys) and which ever is filled first will have to be filled in doubles for the other. (Remember, even if you start off playing a male it may only take a few “days” for another female to come in)

Here is the character sheet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back